• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lucina missing her birthday release is already considered as a delay for me :3
Finally received my Noir artbook from Amazon JP and I'm really really sad with the packaging quality which is a huge drop compared to my last direct order from them in late 2013.

Will post picture of it later after I get feedback from Amazon JP as the artbook survived but the packaging is a complete disaster.

Makes me worry if I ever order any figures direct from Amazon JP...

Is it as bad as this? lol
B8mdNuEIgAAZ1K2.jpg:small

RMI

Banned
Bleh if I wasn't tapped out for the month I can imagine having bought both princess bitch and Hachikuji last night at those prices.

Well, it's probably for the best.

LiK

Finally received my Noir artbook from Amazon JP and I'm really really sad with the packaging quality which is a huge drop compared to my last direct order from them in late 2013.

Will post picture of it later after I get feedback from Amazon JP as the artbook survived but the packaging is a complete disaster.

Makes me worry if I ever order any figures direct from Amazon JP...

I purchased plenty of mags and artbooks from them directly before and they arrived fine. I'm assuming people who handled your package were real rough with it.

kewlmyc

Kotobukiya's Sorey has a release date of April 27 for the 3 people who care.

221042.jpg

Now just waiting for Adachi's release date. This is the company's first figure so who knows how long it'll take.

Femto.

Still no word on Snake and Lucina? Ugggghhhhh
I just want this big order to be over with man. GSC/MF pls

221042.jpg

Now just waiting for Adachi's release date. This is the company's first figure so who knows how long it'll take.
Nice, Alisha won't be alone for much longer!

kierwynn

221042.jpg

That's good to know! Now just need a date for Luke (unless there is one I missed) and a delay for Lucina.

Acid08

Banned
Sepang Miku is actually coming out? :O All my stuff that was getting delayed is actually coming out this month. Nice.

omlet

Tax refund + e-file 10% amazon giftcard bonus = ohboyohboy

This helps counteract the extra $500 worth of maiko meguka pay-up-front preorders this month ~__~

tauke

Lucina missing her birthday release is already considered as a delay for me :3

Is it as bad as this? lol
B8mdNuEIgAAZ1K2.jpg:small

Nearly similar but not as badly dented like in the picture lol. Funny how the Kota Kinabalu customs officer rip the box like in the picture since the flap got glued together so they can't open it *properly* with a nice cutter.

Pics that my dad took for me. The side was badly beat up which gave me a heart attack but luckily the book still stay intact.

Easter Egg: The address is to FIGUREGAF /photoshop

I purchased plenty of mags and artbooks from them directly before and they arrived fine. I'm assuming people who handled your package were real rough with it.

Yeah that's why I sent an email to Amazon JP hoping they can at least explain if the fault lies on DHL or Amazon JP.

Glad that all work out fine for you but this is my first time encountering such problem with Amazon JP which makes me worry as future purchase have high risk of damaged products during transit.

LOL the difference between SAL and EMS was about $3.

$45 in shipping is still nuts though, but no way in hell I'm saving that $3 here.

Meyneth

Why does everyone want lucina to be delayed?? ;__;

So far the only large order for me that's confirmed is the Koto Sakura..

GIVE ME MY FIGURES DAMMIT &#12542;(>&#9671;<)&#65417;

Just paid for Sorey =D, was he well received in the game unlike Alisha... XD? Then again seems I can tolerate hated Tales characters~
aka Luke =P

Preview: Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Fubuki 1/8 Complete Figure by Kotobukiya
Meshi here, ready to deliver another heaping helping of figure previews! Today's figure has no doubt been the pride of ever admiral's fleet at one point or another, and probably their bride too! Let's dig in!

Kantai Collection -Kan Colle- Fubuki 1/8 Complete Figure [Kotobukiya]'

Umm… Hey…. Commander… I… really… l-l-li… no... I have total faith in you! Yes!

And I in you, after seeing how well Shibafu's design has been brought to life in this first shot!

Looking at her head on changes Fubuki's expression from demure to determined. For commanders like me this unassuming combination of simple schoolgirl and boorish armaments is the culmination of all that is good about KanMusu.

The rustic finish of the mecha parts gives the impression of serious heft. Her adorable uplifted skirt is there to keep us from wondering how she manages to walk while strapped in to all of that.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
News Roundup for April 16th, 2015
All Hands on Deck
kancolle_prize_may02.png

Kancolle+prize+figures

We've seen the Kancolle girls get their rigging blown off... but how about them putting it on? Taito's upcoming prize figures show how Ise gets into her elaborate battleship regale, and she'll need all the firepower she can muster if she hopes to beat the Battleship Princess in terms of sex appeal.

Official homepage: https://www.taito.co.jp/prize/characters/kankore
----------------
Out of This World Waifu

Nothing says "traces of human intelligence" like tentacles that curl into hearts when you walk into the room. Whew, I'm getting hot under the collar--isn't this spacesuit supposed to be environmentally controlled!?

Knights of Sidonia - Hoshijiro Ena 1/8 Complete Figure [ACG]
Complete Figure
Scale: 1/8
Size: Approx. 190mm
Material: PVC, ABS
----------------
Grimdark
Erwin+Smith+figure

The world of Attack on Titan is dark enough as it is and the photos for this Erwin figure take us one step even further down. Hopefully the extra exposure from the blog will help brighten things up.

BRAVE-ACT - Attack on Titan: Erwin Smith 1/8 Complete Figure [Sentinel]
Pre-painted Complete Figure
Scale: 1/8
Size: Approx. H245mm
Material: ATBC-PVC, ABS
===========================================
On preorder: “God Eater 2&#8243; Erina Der Vogelweide, “Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS” Misawa Maho Kuro Usagi-san ver. by PLUM
PLUM recently opened pre-orders for two of their figures. Officially up for reservation since yesterday is “God Eater 2&#8243; Erina Der Vogelweide figure, which the company previewed the other day (April 13th, 2015). The figure is sculpted in a 1/7 scale standing 35 cm tall, and is listed for a price of ¥12500 and release date scheduled for July 2015.
plum_erina-intro.jpg

The company also opened pre-orders for their “Ro-Kyu-Bu! SS” Misawa Maho Kuro Usagi-san ver., variant of previously announced pink Misawa Maho figure by PLUM, this time proposed in a black bunny outfit as the version name states. The figure is proposed at a price of ¥9800, and is sculpted in a 1/7 scale standing 29 cm tall, with release date scheduled for July 2015.
plum_misawablack-intro.jpg

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[NSFW] “Fault!!” Kamiwazumi Maya T2 Art Girls 1/6 by Dragon Toy on preorder
dragontoy_maya-ft.jpg

Dragon Toy recently opened pre-orders for their “T2 Art&#9734;Girls” figure Kamiwazumi Maya from popular eroge “Fault!!”. The company is proposing Kamiwazumi Maya in a 1/6 scale, sculpted by Hagii Shunji standing 20 cm tall and of course based on an illustration by Tony Taka, also the hand behind the “Fault!!” series artworks.
“Kill la Kill” Matoi Ryuuko 1/8 Senketsu Kisaragi ver. by Good Smile Company on preorder
After last week’s preview, Good Smile Company officially opens pre-orders today for their “Kill la Kill” Matoi Ryuuko Senketsu Kisaragi version figure. Sculpted in a 1/8 scale by kiking (Good Smile Shanghai), the figure stands 30 cm tall (stand included) and is proposed at a list price of ¥11852 with release date scheduled for October 2015.
gsc_ryukosepreo-intro.jpg

As a reminder, “Kill la Kill” Matoi Ryuuko Senketsu Kisaragi ver. has been sculpted wearing Senketsu in her final form after absorbing the strength of all the Goku Uniforms to become “Senketsu Kisaragi”, and is proposed in the pose she has in episode 24 of the anime series, “Past the Infinite Darkness”, where Ryuko fought against Ragyo Kiryuin in outer space.
gsc_ryukosepreo-1.jpg

“Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru” Yuuki Yuuna 1/8 by Alter on preorder
After the other week’s preview, Alter officially opens pre-orders today for their “Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru” Yuuki Yuuna figure, sculpted in a 1/8 scale standing 18 cm tall by Tsumezuka Hiroyuki. The figure comes with Gyuuki (proposed in two variants), which stands about 4.5 cm tall (sitting pose) and 8 cm tall with the small support used to hold it in its floating pose.
alter_yuna-intro.jpg

“Yuuki Yuuna wa Yuusha de Aru” (also known as “Yuki Yuna is a Hero”) Yuuki Yuuna 1/8 scale figure by Alter is listed for a price of ¥11800 and release date scheduled for September 2015.
“Queen’s Blade” Alleyne 1/6 Mizugi de Kanzen Haiboku! by Genco on preorder
Genco opens pre-orders for their first figure, “Queen’s Blade” Alleyne Mizugi de Kanzen Haiboku! version. Sculpted in a 1/6 scale standing 17 cm tall (excluding the weapon part), Genco’s first production is listed for a price of ¥14000 with release date scheduled for August 2015.

The company proposes a kneeling Alleyne, dressed in her “leaf” bikini and coming with a weapon part to put between her breasts. The figure is castoffable, and both the top and the bottom part of her outfit come off, so to have the option to display Alleyne completely naked.

Soft material is used for Alleyne’s breasts, between which a variety of objects can be placed to substitute the weapon part included with the figure.
genco_alleyne-1.jpg

[NSFW] “Soukou Akki Muramasa” Nisei Muramasa 1/7 by WING unpainted prototype
WING reveals today first photos of unpainted prototype for their “Soukou Akki Muramasa” Nisei Muramasa figure after the very first photo of the figure sculpt presented back in February.

The company is revealing their Nisei Muramasa figure in her “naked” display option, and hopefully we will be able to see the complete sculpt soon. Information known at the moment is the 1/7 scale of the figure and that Nisei Muramasa is based on an illustration by Namaniku ATK.

While waiting for more details and photos, here’s those released by WING today.
wing_niseimune-3.jpg

Unpainted prototype revealed for Super Sonico, Super Pochaco figures by FuRyu
Illustrator Tsuji Santa reveals today unpainted prototype of two FuRyu‘s figures which surely will be a pleasing collection addition for fans of both Nitroplus’ Super Sonico and Super Pochaco.
furyu_sonicobottle-5.jpg

A new figure of the super cute Sonico has been announced today, figure which joins the company line of “sculpted in a practical pose” figures after the almost infinite amount of versions of Super Sonico bikini figures designed to be placed on various objects FuRyu is producing. New entry in this line is a Sonico designed to hold bottles or objects of a similar shape.

Seen last month in its early stage, unpainted prototype of Super Pochaco is revealed today, too. The approach is the same of previously released figures of Sonico, giving us a sexy friend to put on objects like if the figure’s main purpose is to function as a decoration for our home or office.

Super Pochaco
furyu_pochacoun-1.jpg

Super Sonico
furyu_sonicobottle-1.jpg

===========================================
Miyazawa Model Exhibition: Spring 2015 (Part 1)
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

I have recently discovered just how tasty marshmallows are. The soft, fluffy and sweet taste… it’s the food of angels!

Anyway, as you have probably seen from the title, today I’ll be taking a look at what was going on at the…

Miyazawa Model Exhibition!
o0515058613276076618.jpg

I know there were many of you who were waiting for me to tweet from the exhibition, and I’m sorry I wasn’t able to! It’s a little late, but here are some of the photos I took at the event!

For those who don’t know…

What is the Miyazawa Model Exhibition?
o0515029913276075904.jpg

The Miyazawa Model Exhibition’s is an industry-only event organised by Miyazawa Models, which allows distributors and manufacturers to display their figures, character goods, miniature cars and more among each other. The event is not directly open to the public.
Anyway! As usual with this event, I’m going to take a look through all the items that caught my eye during the event, starting with GSC’s products!
- GSC Corner -
o0515028913276076433.jpg

&#9651; The smile mark means the items were not allowed to be photographed!
------------
Nendoroid Éclair Martinozzi
o0515043513276274882.jpg

From DOG DAYS” comes a Nendoroid of the Biscotti Knights Praetorian Guards unit leader! I’m sure we’ll be seeing a painted version of her soon! &#9829;&#65038;
Nendoroid Yamato
o0515035313276275136.jpg

I think this is the biggest standard Nendoroid of all time!

I think she might be joining us during this week’s live broadcast!
Nendoroid Uzuki Shimamura
o0515045213276275138.jpg

Nendoroid Umaru
o0515043213276275137.jpg

------------
I-401
o0515041713276075286.jpg

This product will be up for preorder on Friday!

The second model in the GOOD SMILE ARMS Series! &#9733;
What is GOOD SMILE ARMS (GSA)?

GOOD SMILE ARMS is a new articulated figure series from Good Smile Company based on the theme of ‘mecha’, with a focus on preserving the intricate, sharp designs of mecha and other robotic designs while still allowing great freedom of posing though careful articulation. All the painting skills GSC has acquired though years of working on figures will also be put to use in the series, allowing for colors and textures that suit the detailed sculpting, and bring out the unique presence of mecha designs. The series will also be a larger scale compared to most articulated mecha figures, and will feature robots from not only anime, but also from various games and other media. We hope you’ll look forward to the upcoming line-up!

- GSA Series -
&#8658; Full Action Model Chamber
This I-401 actually opens up as in the photo above!! <&#9675;><&#9675;>
Just wait a little longer for more details! Coming Friday!
Awoken Hera-Ur
o0515041613276265713.jpg

From the popular puzzle RPG game ‘Puzzle & Dragons’ comes…

A 1/8th Scale of Awoken Hera-Ur!

Her lovely touchable blue skin contrasting with the fiery blaze around her makes for a lovely figure! I hear she will also be up for preorder very soon!!
Kiss-Shot

Many may have noticed a change here!!
o0515034513276274883.jpg

The base has been completely redone, and the figure is now well on her way to being up for preorder! Just be patient with us a little bit longer!!
Miyazawa Model Exhibition: Spring 2015 (Part 2)
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

I’m still on my marshmallow boom! I am easily one of the most indoor-type people in the world, but I have the strangest desire to go camping and toast marshmallows!

Anyway, today I’ll be continuing my coverage of the Miyazawa Model Exhibition!! You can find my previous blog over here:
Miyazawa Model Exhibition: Spring 2015 (Part 1)

Today I’ll be focusing on Max Factory and Phat! Company’s products! Let’s get started!! &#12541;(&#65439;&#9671;&#65439; )&#65417;

- Max Factory Corner -
o0515030613276404100.jpg

&#9651; So many cute girls…!!
----------
Phat! Company Corner
o0515028813276404630.jpg

&#9651; Scale figures, Medicchu, Parfom and figma!
---------
A quick look over FREEing’s corner! &#9829;&#65038;
o0515035413276404370.jpg

&#9651; So many large scale figures!!

Let me pick up on a few items! &#9834;

figma Venus de Milo
figma The Thinker: Plaster Ver.
o0515034613276404631.jpg

New additions to ‘The Table Museum’ series!
But… Venus de Milo has hands?! It seems like just like figma The Thinker, various optional parts are included for extra fun!

Nobody
o0515056513276404891.jpg

The mysterious heroine from XBLAZE LOST:MEMORIES, Nobody is becoming a 1/8th scale figure! (I realize that in English that sounds kind of weird. Just to clear things up - somebody is becoming a 1/8th scale figure. Nobody is!)

She will also be coming up for preorder soon!

Well, that brings my two-day report to an end! What did you think?! (&#65377;&#65381;&#969;&#65381;)&#65417;&#65438;
I’m sorry I couldn’t show EVERYTHING that was on display, but there just isn’t enough time!

Please note that many of these items have not yet been officially announced on out website yet! Please be patient as they should be coming up soon!!

cajunator

Banned

KILL IT WITH FIRE
Luna? Sam? GTFO

Nearly similar but not as badly dented like in the picture lol. Funny how the Kota Kinabalu customs officer rip the box like in the picture since the flap got glued together so they can't open it *properly* with a nice cutter.

Pics that my dad took for me. The side was badly beat up which gave me a heart attack but luckily the book still stay intact.

Easter Egg: The address is to FIGUREGAF /photoshop

Yeah that's why I sent an email to Amazon JP hoping they can at least explain if the fault lies on DHL or Amazon JP.

Glad that all work out fine for you but this is my first time encountering such problem with Amazon JP which makes me worry as future purchase have high risk of damaged products during transit.

what the fuck is this? Seriously? Why is this tampering even allowed by any govt?

Why does everyone want lucina to be delayed?? ;__;

So far the only large order for me that's confirmed is the Koto Sakura..

GIVE ME MY FIGURES DAMMIT &#12542;(>&#9671;<)&#65417;

Its only cause my other 2 orders are confirmed releasing this month early on. I need some delays dammit.

omlet

GIB ECLAIR NENDO

Also, I'm not really sold on Erina. I like the weapon and she's cute but man what a plain and boring costume. That really kills it. Plus the price. If she was like 8 or 9k (before discount) I'd probably be a little more conflicted. She's no Ciel that's for sure. Spending over 12k for a cool lance with a girl in a school uniform attached to it just doesn't really seem like a good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom