• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Femto.

Oh god most of the stuff in the update is already sold out lol

74e52afc385113b521e0f8ea9346a8f52b2a1817b3613c52e1c5eddb2d63a565_1.gif

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Try Rustoleum. Its like $3 for a large can and goes on really well. Try it on a piece of flash before going directly onto the model though to get the hang of it.

I would, but rustoleum is enamel, and I am using lacquer for skin and base white, it would eat the enamel below it :(

Wait, are the eyes usually decals?

Sheet, that's like half the reason I never tried these things haha.

Depend on store, in gkmodel majority of the new kit came with decals, some you have to order separately. The kits older than 5 years doesn't have eye decal of any type.

Type the model number (the W_ number before the model number: ex. W_1000) in search here, if it came with eye decal you will see 2 results.

Woah, nendo Yoshino is getting a reprint in June?

*added to AmiAmi June order*

The DaL Nendos are all so awesome!

Tohka is getting up there in price these days. Yoshino was recently scheduled for rerelease, and Kurumi JUST released. However, Kotori is still up for pre-order, and she's looking great. If you want her, I'd suggest placing the pre-order. History has shown the DaL Nendos go way up in price after release.

I hope they at least finish off with the Yamai twins and Miku. Tobiichi if we're lucky. Natsumi if we're super lucky.

Railyn

Neo Member

Tohka is getting up there in price these days. Yoshino was recently scheduled for rerelease, and Kurumi JUST released. However, Kotori is still up for pre-order, and she's looking great. If you want her, I'd suggest placing the pre-order. History has shown the DaL Nendos go way up in price after release.

I hope they at least finish off with the Yamai twins and Miku. Tobiichi if we're lucky. Natsumi if we're super lucky.

=_= I don't know anything about DaL, but I'm tempted to get Tohka and Yoshino...I like Tohka's color scheme and I
'm a jerk who
could use that crying face from Yoshino.

I'll...think about it.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Yeah. I paint with acrylics so I just use Rustoleum or Vallejo airbrush primer. Usually Rustoleum though since it gets a better adhesion to resin.

How did you do the skin color, do you mix your own with the skin color from vallejo game air? Or use the clear paint method?

=_= I don't know anything about DaL, but I'm tempted to get Tohka and Yoshino...I like Tohka's color scheme and I
'm a jerk who
could use that crying face from Yoshino.

I'll...think about it.

get yoshino before it's too late. who knows her price will go back pre-rerelease again after this

How did you do the skin color, do you mix your own with the skin color from vallejo game air? Or use the clear paint method?

Start with model air flesh color then mix it until I like the color. It's not the best method but I like it. I don't really use harsh paints since I don't have a negative air booth in my painting area so acrylics work for me.

Bloodember

Got my Sepang Miku today. Like many others, she doesn't fit on her base right, but her paint is good.

I also picked up a Figuarts Michael Jackson during the hlj.com sale.

Not going to display him out of the box though, his articulation isn't all that great, can't even do some of the poses on the back of the box.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
There sure are a lot of Love Live items in the pre-owned section. Guess a lot of self reflection happened over Golden Week and the despair was just too much for some.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So the FuRyu prize figure of Ena Hoshijiro is out, just ordered one off mandarake hope it goes through:

Still want see the Max Factory one finished, but it'll be a long ass wait, so 1k prize figure will do me...

Also Threezero's Ned Stark is out, should have mine hopefully soon, couple of shots I found on SF:

Zerojul

Also Threezero's Ned Stark is out, should have mine hopefully soon, couple of shots I found on SF:
Not bad at all, I feel the value for money is really, really good for this line. Mmhh...

I was frustrated by my non-score on amiami update this morning, so I treated myself to a couple
Hot Toys
figures in retaliation. I regret nothing.

Replicant

I was frustrated by my non-score on amiami update this morning, so I treated myself to a couple
Hot Toys
figures in retaliation. I regret nothing.

It's the reverse for me. Hot Toys still wouldn't let me pre-order Iron Man Mark 3 so in retaliation I got myself Izanagi and Konohana despite telling myself I'd stop. :/

F0vBOvA.jpg

SmEwa7E.jpg

antibolo

Banned

I know absolutely nothing about Date A Live, I'm getting Yoshino because a nendo with a hand puppet is the cutest thing ever. Not really sure about the others.

Yoshino is apocalyptically cute.

Apocalyptic.

I know absolutely nothing about Date A Live, I'm getting Yoshino because a nendo with a hand puppet is the cutest thing ever. Not really sure about the others.

While you're at it, consider picking up one of her scales. They both came out quite nice.

Phat Company

Plum

P.S. Watch Date A Live

Speaking of MFC sales. I have had 2 people now back out of the Asuka scale sale lol...one person was ready to go and agreed to everything and then just vanished lol.

>.>

If anyone here is after her (Koto Asuka) let me know. Looking for $60 plus a little help in shipping depending on where you are located :3

Just need World is Mine. Not too worried about getting her as her price is pretty constant and she's not mega rare, but couldn't pass up Deep Sea for $150 shipped.

Yeah I'd say that's the right order of acquisition since WiM was popular enough for 2 re-releases. I was LTTP and still only paid RRP, which is pretty rare among my pre-owned purchases. Congrats on the purchase btw!

antibolo

Banned
Oh god

Nippon Yasan FINALLY shipped my order made on Monday last week.

NY is usually slow, but not THAT slow. Yeah there's Golden Week and all but that was still more than 5 business days.

And it was an EMS order, no less.

Bombless

Checked my two SAL packages (Parcel & Reg) and they both left Japan on the 5th (3 days after shipping confirmation). Not bad at all.

antibolo

Banned
Should I ever get that figure I would feel the urge to submerge her in an aquarium. Most likely ruining her in the process.

So I probably shouldn't.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
I hope Threezero does someone armored next. I would probably get it. Brienne, Selmy, Jorah or Jaime.

Jon Snow is next in line, then it's Jamie, but at the rate these are coming out it might not be shown off until next year.

OH

MY

FUCKING

GOD

There's a nendo version of Insane Black Rock Shooter?

FIG-MOE-06570.jpg

Ordered (pre-owned on AmiAmi) SO HARD

Yes, and it's awesome an worth every penny...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom