• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meyneth

After some more consideration I decided to combine my summer orders (some intentionally split up, some split up by delays). Wouldn't save that much on shipping and this way fewer boxes to mess with (and bigger amiami box to use for figure box storage, kukuku).

3ttcwyR.jpg

summer_is_coming.jpg
If I didn't have to deal with customs, I'd combine all my orders too. 13% tax + EMS s&h gets rough the bigger the value gets.

At least I don't have to wait too long when stuff comes in stock? :/

antibolo

Banned
If I didn't have to deal with customs, I'd combine all my orders too. 13% tax + EMS s&h gets rough the bigger the value gets.

At least I don't have to wait too long when stuff comes in stock? :/

As a fellow Canadian I too wonder if it's really worth it to combine monthly orders? Will I really save money doing so? Or am I just more likely to get hit with massive fees on delivery, that will completely cancel out those possible savings and possibly make it worse?

The $23 surprise fee on my Type 2020 Miku yesterday made me wonder about this...

Meyneth

As a fellow Canadian I too wonder if it's really worth it to combine monthly orders? Will I really save money doing so? Or am I just more likely to get hit with massive fees on delivery, that will completely cancel out those possible savings?

The $23 surprise fee on my Type 2020 Miku yesterday still hurts...
How much was the miku valued at? My Magnolia got caught and I got charged $23.95 (still have to pay that).

I don't even bother with combining orders over 10,000yen anymore. Once the mail people see a large parcel coming through they tend to investigate.

“Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works” Tohsaka Rin Archer cosplay ver. by Aniplex, Stronger announced
Aniplex and Stronger announced today a new figure from utterly popular “Fate” series. The companies revealed unpainted prototype for their “Fate/Stay Night Unlimited Blade Works” Tohsaka Rin, proposed in her Archer cosplay ver. Other details are still to be announced.
aniplex_rinarchercosoff.jpg
aniplex_rincosun-art.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------------
“Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata” Sawamura Spencer Eriri by Good Smile Company sculpt revealed
Good Smile Company reveals today sculpt for their second figure from anime “Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata” with unpainted prototype of Sawamura Spencer Eriri. Based on an illustration by Misaki Kurehito, the figure will most likely be sculpted in a 1/7 scale just like previously announced Kasumigaoka Utaha. No other information is available at the moment.
gsc_eririun.jpg
wf2015w_gscann-09.jpg

Aniplex announces “Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata” Katou Megumi figure
Just after sculpt reveal of Good Smile Company’s Sawamura Spencer Eriri figure, more interesting news about “Saekano” are released today. Aniplex just announced a figure for Katou Megumi from anime series “Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata”. The company also revealed that prototype of the figure will be presented at Wonder Festival 2015 [Summer].
aniplex_katou-ann.jpg
aniplex_katou-art.jpg

Preview: “Sword Art Online II” Sinon 1/7 by Kaitendoh painted prototype and information revealed
Seen at Wonder Festival 2015 [Winter] back in February this year unpainted, “Sword Art Online II” Sinon 1/7 scale figure by Kaitendoh has finally been revealed with painted prototype photos. The figure is sculpted by Del standing 33 cm tall with her sniper rifle, and is about 23 cm tall without it (figure body). Sinon is listed for a price of ¥12800 and with release date set to August 2015.

Definitely worth a mention are the pose and expression of Sinon. She’s sculpted in a dynamic pose like if she was in the middle of a super badass action, with her Hecate II held with both her hands and complete of her secondary weapon, Glock 18C, placed behind her back in its holster.

On Sinon’s face there’s a very determined and a little scary expression, suiting the character very well and giving the figure an overall “strong” feeling matching the SAO heroine’s personality.

At this point pre-orders for “Sword Art Online II” Sinon shouldn’t take too long to open and, in the meantime, we can take a look at the figure with recently released painted prototype photos.
kaitendoh_sinonpainted-1.jpg

“Kara no Kyoukai” Ryougi Shiki by Aniplex official photo of unpainted prototype revealed
Aniplex seems to be kind of relentless lately, and today the company reveal first official photo of unpainted prototype for their “Kara no Kyoukai” Ryougi Shiki, figure Aniplex presented and announced at AnimeJapan 2015 back in March this year.

According to latest announcement, the figure will most likely be a limited item and supposedly bundled with the Blu-ray release of the first movie “Overlooking View 3D” (3D remake of 2007 movie), though that hasn’t been officially confirmed yet.

There’s no new information about scale, size, price, or release date for the figure to report at the moment so, while waiting for more details, here’s the photo released by Aniplex today.
aniplex_shikiun.jpg

MegaHouse announces “Shokugeki no Souma” Nakiri Erina Sekai Seifuku Sakusen figure
MegaHouse recently announced a “Sekai Seifuku Sakusen” figure of “Shokugeki no Souma” Nakiri Erina, which also is the first scale figure dedicated to the “God’s Tongue” and 10th seat of the Elite Ten Council. Although there’s no official information yet, the figure will be a 1/10 scale item proposed in her uniform as it’s with all “Sekai Seifuku Sakusen” figures by MegaHouse.

Release date for the figure is set to October 2015. MegaHouse’s “Shokugeki no Souma” Nakiri Erina figure should be presented at Megahobby EXPO 2015 [Spring] on the 30th this month.
megahouse_erina-ann.jpeg

“Shirohime Quest” Kanazawajou by New Vision Toys unpainted prototype
New Vision Toys reveals unpainted prototype for another figure from mobile/PC game “Shirohime Quest”, Kanazawajou, after the company announced Aizu Wakamatsu back in March this year. At the moment there aren’t other details to report, so here’s photos released by the company today.
newvisiontoys_kanazawajou-1.jpg
newvisiontoys_kanazawajou-art.jpg

“Sword Art Online II” Silica 1/8 by Pulchra confirmed to be on preorder soon
From Pulchra comes the official announcement of pre-orders opening soon for the company’s figure of Silica from popular anime “Sword Art Online II”. A first look at official photos of painted prototype of the figure has been also released by Pulchra today.

“Sword Art Online II” Silica, coming with her “Feathered Little Dragon” Pina, is sculpted in a 1/8 scale standing 20 cm tall and is listed for a price of ¥12800.
pulchra_silica-off.jpg

pulchra_silica-mme2015s-1.jpg

Review: “Grisaia no Kajitsu” Suou Amane 1/6 by Kotobukiya
Series/Origin: Grisaia no Kajitsu -LE FRUIT DE LA GRISAIA-
Manufacturer: Kotobukiya (sculpt by Kamenoko, ko_nen)
Classification: Scale
Character: Suou Amane
Version: N/A
Size: 1/6 scale, 25.5 cm
Release Date: February 9th, 2015

Released in early February this year, “Grisaia no Kajitsu” Suou Amane figure by Kotobukiya is one of the few figures (precisely only three at the moment) dedicated to this character. The company proposes Suou Amane in a rather big scale, probably thanks to the fact that the figure is sculpted in a swimsuit, and in a relatively dynamic pose.
moonlitsaki_kotoamane-01.jpg

Kotobukiya’s take at Suou Amane is a rather pleasing piece to own and watch, mostly thanks to the overall happy feeling the figure inspires in her frilly, white bikini while she plays with a green water hose, supposedly on the beach. The concept itself could be a little weird because of the water hose/beach combination, but still. This figure is actually lovely and able to add a touch of happiness to almost any collection.
moonlitsaki_kotoamane-03.jpg
moonlitsaki_kotoamane-06.jpg

moonlitsaki_kotoamane-31.jpg

======================================
Preview: ARTFX J - Black Butler: Book of Circus: Grell Sutcliffe 1/8 Complete Figure w/ AmiAmi Exclusive Bonus by Kotobukiya
Hey hey~ It's AmiAmi Otome again. I've given you one hell of a butler before, so today I'm changing it up with a butler to die for! Before we get to everyone's favorite flaming-red grim reaper, let's take a quick look at the previous ARTFX J Book of Circus offerings...
ARTFX J - Black Butler: Book of Circus: Grell Sutcliffe 1/8 Complete Figure w/ AmiAmi Exclusive Bonus [Kotobukiya]

Red is the color of fiery passion, and I am flaming!

Grell likes a good double entendre almost as much as he loves red! He was useless as a butler but certainly knows how to coordinate his own affairs♪

Now here's a case of the man making the clothes! This graceful pose brings out the best from his high-heeled boots and chic black trousers. I could learn a thing or two about how to be a lady from Grell myself(人´口`)!

Preview: Excellent Model MILD Portrait.Of.Pirates ONE PIECE CB-EX Boa Hancock 1/8 Complete Figure by MegaHouse
Meshi here, ready to deliver another heaping helping of figure previews! You say pompous, I say pure. No matter what you say about Boa Hancock you're sure to have a strong opinion! Today we're turning back the clock to before she stole the hearts of fans worldwide. Let's dig in!

Excellent Model MILD Portrait.Of.Pirates ONE PIECE CB-EX Boa Hancock 1/8 Complete Figure [MegaHouse]

Even at this tender age it's easy to identify the Snake Princess thanks to that forehead (and bellybutton).

This tiny figure stands at approx. 12.5cm tall but isn't small on craftsmanship. Just look at the attention given to this simple hairstyle and the knot in her top!

From the side the first thing you'll notice is the pronounced lack of her beloved B111s. Not that it's stopping her from sticking our her chest with pride.

I sense the workings of a whole new "Before They Were Stars of the Shichibukai" line with this baby Boa. Even her lovely long hair is more subdued here. While her body has gone through some radical changes her fashion sense clearly hasn't.
-------

Preview: Love Live! School Idol Festival - Rin Hoshizora 1/7 Complete Figure by Alter
Meshi here, ready to deliver another heaping helping of figure previews! Today's school idol is sporty, genki and oh-so-kawaii when the occasion calls for it. Let's dig in nyan~!
Love Live! School Idol Festival - Rin Hoshizora 1/7 Complete Figure [Alter]

There's nothing faint about the Signal Rin is sending this time! I hear you loud and clearin rin rin! If hear it, nod and scroll on for more, please!

This wink hits with more kawaii appeal than a neko punch. Even dog lovers get a Wonderful Rush of excitement from these dainty bent wrists, ribbons and Rin's signature kitty cat pout.

-------
Anyone who has a Wii U, have you downloaded the Splatoon server stress demo? We should get something going between us when we can =D

antibolo

Banned
How much was the miku valued at? My Magnolia got caught and I got charged $23.95 (still have to pay that).

I don't even bother with combining orders over 10,000yen anymore. Once the mail people see a large parcel coming through they tend to investigate.

She was 9000 yen which got converted as $91 on the declaration forms.

Customs charges are so fucking random that I've given up on trying to understand when I'll get charged or not. My Chiaki was valued at 12k yen, also shipped with EMS, and the box was not as big but still very large, and yet I didn't get charged.

But yeah it does seem that the larger the box is, the more likely you'll get hit. But even then that's not a guarantee.

cajunator

Banned
Scouting for figures of my favourite Touhous and all I see is Griffon. At least there's ques Q's Satori to look forward to in (hopefully) the near future.

But we all know who the actual cutest girl in DAL is, right?

VsoY2cg.gif

This is cute. Shut up.

I promise you, Griffon Nazrin is reallllllllly cute. the only one I bought.

kewlmyc

“Kara no Kyoukai” Ryougi Shiki by Aniplex official photo of unpainted prototype revealed
Aniplex seems to be kind of relentless lately, and today the company reveal first official photo of unpainted prototype for their “Kara no Kyoukai” Ryougi Shiki, figure Aniplex presented and announced at AnimeJapan 2015 back in March this year.

According to latest announcement, the figure will most likely be a limited item and supposedly bundled with the Blu-ray release of the first movie “Overlooking View 3D” (3D remake of 2007 movie), though that hasn’t been officially confirmed yet.

There’s no new information about scale, size, price, or release date for the figure to report at the moment so, while waiting for more details, here’s the photo released by Aniplex today
aniplex_shikiun.jpg

FUCKING BOOOOOOOOO. Really want the figure, but it's probably going to be super expensive since it's exclusive and comes with a movie.

The Kara no Kyoukai movies are fantastic, but don't really care about owning a 3D (lol) copy of the first one.

Acid08

Banned
Aniplex announces “Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata” Katou Megumi figure
Just after sculpt reveal of Good Smile Company’s Sawamura Spencer Eriri figure, more interesting news about “Saekano” are released today. Aniplex just announced a figure for Katou Megumi from anime series “Saenai Heroine no Sodatekata”. The company also revealed that prototype of the figure will be presented at Wonder Festival 2015 [Summer].

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Meyneth

She was 9000 yen which got converted as $91 on the declaration forms.

Customs charges are so fucking random that I've given up on trying to understand when I'll get charged or not. My Chiaki was valued at 12k yen, also shipped with EMS, and the box was not as big but still very large, and yet I didn't get charged.

But yeah it does seem that the larger the box is, the more likely you'll get hit. But even then that's not a guarantee.
They've never bothered me about any orders (no matter how large) as long as they were 9,999yen max. But since your miku got flagged, maybe it is the size of the box that they look at?

Looks real nice. Can't wait to get mine
She's super adorable. I wish her bent arm could touch her face, then she could do a sort-of jojo pose

Who or what is this?

Don't really need to know 'cause I'm gonna buy it anyway, but I'd like to know...

"Z/X Broccoli - 7 Deadly Sins".

Don't ask why it's broccoli. Very easily I could be misreading it, but that's what it says lol.

EDIT: Z/X is part of the figure's name, Broccoli is the maker lol.

Yaari

I wonder who's next to be revealed in Alter's Love Live line, after Rin. For one, I'd like to find out, but on the other hand, it can wait a while, as I pay off these Birthday figures.

You know, I'm kinda absentmindedly browsing pictures on Net Navi... and all I can think of is that someone was paid money, currency, to take pictures of plastic ass.

Where the hell can I sign up for a job like that!?

Oh right forgot to post these cause the websites I normally use don't put them up as news lol:
vertical.jpg

http://www.first4figures.com/component/option,com_myphp/Itemid,3/product,141
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Help Fund Tsume’s Gorgeous Azzar’Hi Statue
Tsume is a small European statue manufacturer that’s mostly known for their high-quality statues from shonen shows like Fairy Tail, Bleach, and Naruto. They’re not licenses I’m particularly interested in, so while I love the fact that we’re getting Japanese-based statues, they’ve never really piqued my interest. But now they’re expanding into art-based figures, and I’m totally sold. Badass demon girl with skeleton tentacles? Yes please!

This is a collaboration with French artist Aleksi Briclot, and Azzar’Hi is based on the cover illustration for his artbook. When I say “based on” I mean “totally identical” because Tsume did an amazing job bringing this to life. They’ve taken this project to Kickstarter, and there are just a little under 2 months to go before it ends. Since this is a statue prices are a little steeper than PVC: Azzar’Hi will cost you €399 and is limited to 250 pieces, and she is also offered in garage kit form for €250. There are all other kinds of incentives from small (tshirts) to big (a trip to meet Tsume!). So hop on over to their Kickstarter and show a little love for this demonic mistress. You certainly don’t want to be on her bad side!
d7283122a0c1b73ca04847abbfcdf2d1_original.jpg
b81feca3298024094b9e72a51f4c7825_original.jpg

CDXExV3UUAIcvfU.jpg
CDXF-bdUMAAuONf.jpg

CDXGMQeUkAEiuar.jpg
CDXGU_jUkAEKTJT.jpg

CDXGpmCVEAA38r3.jpg
CDXHFNhUEAAJsBH.jpg

CDXHZIzUkAAf4Yq.jpg

http://www.plastikitty.com/home/magazine-scans-april-2015
CEZJKykUkAIZ27p.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/hobbysearch_jpn/status/596244451669901312
tnirn2000000udj7.jpg

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/product/product-0000001285/
11188388_1097855350230860_7306115341196907010_n.jpg
22315_1097733800243015_6396702066612296839_n.jpg

MATSUKAZE_shoplimpa1B48479-724x1024.jpg

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/event/event-39798/
ocm_kuroko4q_pos-724x1024.jpg

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/event/event-39119/
vulture_lim_b2pos_fixOL-724x1024.jpg

http://www.kotobukiya.co.jp/event/event-39104/

Acid08

Banned
Just went through and dusted all my figures and Gunpla. Pretty nice, gives you time to admire them. Love all the stuff I have.

javac

I wanted to order an item with HLJ, but I didn't have an account so I made one as I ordered said item, and when I tried to log into my newly created account after making the order, it said that the email hasn't been registered. I made another account using the same email and it went through, but when trying to reorder the item it's now out of stock. Basically, I think that I ordered the last item but my account never went though? Fuck this lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom