• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Giolon

I need to re-take this photo with better framing, lighting, and focus, but all this talk of Bishoujo Powergirl meant I couldn't hold back!

PowerGirlSheHulk.jpg
Bring on all the strong superheroines!

I need to re-take this photo with better framing, lighting, and focus, but all this talk of Bishoujo Powergirl meant I couldn't hold back!

Do you love Shulkie-chan as much as I do? I think she's my favorite Marvel bishoujo so far.

Giolon

Do you love Shulkie-chan as much as I do? I think she's my favorite Marvel bishoujo so far.

She's reaaaaaaally far up the list. If I had to pick my top 3 Bishoujos, they would be Power Girl, Juri, and a tie between She-Hulk and Wonder Woman (1st version) for third. I can't choose between the two.

She's reaaaaaaally far up the list. If I had to pick my top 3 Bishoujos, they would be Power Girl, Juri, and a tie between She-Hulk and Wonder Woman (1st version) for third. I can't choose between the two.

Yeah, Juri is fantastic as well. I like both WW bishoujos, but the minor issue I have with the first is that the circlet seems huge against her tiny face.

Seriously thinking about a GK... but I don't know where to look for one that wouldn't just look like some $10 PVC figure when it's all said and done... Suggestions?

Also I'm going to be getting all the kit making stuff probably here in about a month, once I get my BIG paycheck from the military (I say big, but it's still only $1700 for two weeks), where should I start making a grocery list for this stuff?

Bloodember

I wanted to order an item with HLJ, but I didn't have an account so I made one as I or said item, and when I tried to log into my newly created account after making the order, it said that the email hasn't been registered. I made another account using the same email and it went through, but when trying to reorder the item it's now out of stock. Basically, I think that I ordered the last item but my account never went though? Fuck this lol.
It actually takes awhile for your account to activate. It took almost an hour before I got confirmation and my account started to work. This was just last month also.

antibolo

Banned
Suddenly the whole "private warehouse" thing at HLJ seems a lot cooler.

Too bad their prices aren't competitive with AmiAmi.

Suddenly the whole "private warehouse" thing at HLJ seems a lot cooler.

Too bad their prices aren't competitive with AmiAmi.

No, but they do make up for it by allowing you to cancel an order any time you like. The private warehouse and the ability to cancel your own orders is the trade-off.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Seriously thinking about a GK... but I don't know where to look for one that wouldn't just look like some $10 PVC figure when it's all said and done... Suggestions?

Also I'm going to be getting all the kit making stuff probably here in about a month, once I get my BIG paycheck from the military (I say big, but it's still only $1700 for two weeks), where should I start making a grocery list for this stuff?

I think everyone's first few kits will look like a kit that failed Griffon's quality control. My suggestion is get a $10 SD gundam kit in amazon, buy a primer and some color then handbrush it, see if painting is really for you.

If you prefer to start out on garage kit instead of gunpla. Make sure the kit doesn't have too many parts, require less masking(avoid if you see complicated pattern that's not decal), and comes with eye decal. If you going to hand brush, try to avoid white and yellow color. May be something like this one, just beware that it is 1/10, it is quite small.

For supplies you need, just read this guide. Trust me you will need everything listed there, you can replace cotton balls with Q-tips. For sandpaper, use 3M Wet Sandpaper instead of tamiya, much cheaper and less dust if you wet sand it. You can replace to hand drill with dremel rotary drill, and get a some filers so you won't waste as much sandpaper in the long run. For paints I recommend vallejo model/game color, vallejo game/model air for airbrushing, they are overpriced in amazon, buy from modeling site instead. You should also read the entire guide, since it covers nearly everything you need.

Another thing you want is a gas mask and the proper mask filterfor sanding and spraying primer with cans. I guess a normal 3M paper dust mask will work, but hey it is your lung, and brain, yes brain damage. Also get a pair of glove for sanding, those sandpaper can really ruin your skin.

This should get you started to do something really basic. Before you start painting, just look up leonaworkshop in youtube, watch some of her tutorial and WIP. She used airbrush, but the method can be apply with handbrush also.

If you want to Airbrush, it will cost around ~$240 for airbrush + pump + accessories. I really don't recommend getting this until you try it out first.

Nurse and Pyramid Head up on Ami for 3540 and 3690 respectively. I'm definitely considering it but what is the difference between figmas made by Max Factory and Freeing?

Oh my god how have I never seen this Noel before

It's so hnnnngggggg. Best Noel I've seen even though it's hatless Noel.

george_us

Not terrible unexpected. She was exclusive, after all... Phat Bayonetta is 68k on Nippon-Yasan. XD
Ah that does explain it. Had no idea she was exclusive.

Top 3 for me is She-Hulk, Power Girl, and either Cammy or Juri. She-Hulk barely edges out Power Girl because of the face. First Bishoujo with an amazing smile.

I think everyone's first few kits will look like a kit that failed Griffon's quality control. My suggestion is get a $10 SD gundam kit in amazon, buy a primer and some color then handbrush it, see if painting is really for you.

If you prefer to start out on garage kit instead of gunpla. Make sure the kit doesn't have too many parts, require less masking(avoid if you see complicated pattern that's not decal), and comes with eye decal. If you going to hand brush, try to avoid white and yellow color. May be something like this one, just beware that it is 1/10, it is quite small.

For supplies you need, just read this guide. Trust me you will need everything listed there, you can replace cotton balls with Q-tips. For sandpaper, use 3M Wet Sandpaper instead of tamiya, much cheaper and less dust if you wet sand it. You can replace to hand drill with dremel rotary drill, and get a some filers so you won't waste as much sandpaper in the long run. For paints I recommend vallejo model/game color, vallejo game/model air for airbrushing, they are overpriced in amazon, buy from modeling site instead. You should also read the entire guide, since it covers nearly everything you need.

Another thing you want is a gas mask and the proper mask filterfor sanding and spraying primer with cans. I guess a normal 3M paper dust mask will work, but hey it is your lung, and brain, yes brain damage. Also get a pair of glove for sanding, those sandpaper can really ruin your skin.

This should get you started to do something really basic. Before you start painting, just look up leonaworkshop in youtube, watch some of her tutorial and WIP. She used airbrush, but the method can be apply with handbrush also.

If you want to Airbrush, it will cost around ~$240 for airbrush + pump + accessories. I really don't recommend getting this until you try it out first.

Wow... sounds expensive! Hopefully worth it though.
Had no idea that the airbrush method would be that expensive, but I suppose it makes sense. And yeah, I'll probably get some model kits first, see how that goes. Thank you for the help though!

Muzicfreq

Banned

I love the sculpt of She Hulk but the leg to torso difference kills it for me.

I'm finally playing Shinovi Versus and wow. I wish Phat would make more figures from the series than just the three they have.
I like them 'cause they're not too lewd and still represent the characters well.

I'm finally playing Shinovi Versus and wow. I wish Phat would make more figures from the series than just the three they have.
I like them 'cause they're not too lewd and still represent the characters well.

You and me both brother. Ikaruga is on Ami for 4.3k and I'm considering it. Might wait until June though. It sucks because they are the only ones that did them fully uniformed in that scale.

The Asuka is figure arts Zero. She is small so I'll have to display them a certain way to make her not look out of place.

The Yagyuu I want is this one and she is small as well.

You and me both brother. Ikaruga is on Ami for 4.3k and I'm considering it. Might wait until June though. It sucks because they are the only ones that did them fully uniformed in that scale.

The Asuka is figure arts Zero. She is small so I'll have to display them a certain way to make her not look out of place.

The Yagyuu I want is this one and she is small as well.

I just have Kat but I'd love the Ikaruga at some point.
I'm just sad at the lack of Hikage and Yomi figures, not to mention the Gessen and Hebijo girls. Ugh, some great designs forever exclusive to Nendo Petites. :'(

I just have Kat but I'd love the Ikaruga at some point.
I'm just sad at the lack of Hikage and Yomi figures, not to mention the Gessen and Hebijo girls. Ugh, some great designs forever exclusive to Nendo Petites. :'(

Yumi will get a soft bust figure and there is a pretty nice figure of Hikage.

Outside of the soft bust figures I don't think anybody else is doing anything.

Ah, I want Yomi, not Yumi. Sprouts. <3
After what sculptors have done with Gods Eater and BRS I know they could do some fab things with the crazy weapons some of the girls have.

Oh I know you said Yomi. I was just mentioning what's in the pipeline. Just put some boobs on a Guts figure to get Yomi.

I remember someone was looking for the OG Alter Kos-mos. Manda has one for 4k. I have this figure and it is really nice. Especially if you like her Ep 1 design.

tauke

Not sure if I miss the event but happy birthday to Dandy Crocodile! /myfigurecollection notifications in action

3gjS6I8.png

Dear Customer,

Thank you very much for your support of Good Smile products.

The shipment date for the following Goodsmile Online Shop pre-order
product(s) has been confirmed:

Shipment from (Thu) May 14, 2015
Elizabeth Mably: Button Shirt Ver.
Saber ~Last Episode~

Shipment from (Fri) May 15, 2015
Medicchu KanColle: Shimakaze
Medicchu KanColle: Naka
Miki Hoshii

Shipment from (Tue) May 19, 2015
Nendoroid Rider
Nendoroid Tobio Kageyama
Nendoroid Kirishima
Nendoroid Koizumi Hanayo
Kokonoe

Shipment from (Wed) May 20, 2015
Galilei Donna: Hazuki Ferrari

Shipment from (Thu) May 21, 2015
Hatsune Miku: Tell Your World Ver.

Shipment from (Fri) May 22, 2015
Nendoroid Haruna

All orders will begin shipping from this date.

The release date of the following product(s) has been changed:

May 2015 &#8658; June 2015
figma Sakura Kinomoto

All orders will begin shipping from this date.

* Please note that this mail is sent to customers who ordered any of the items above.
* Actual delivery date will slightly vary depending on the region.
* Dates are subject to change due to inclement weather and other unforeseen circumstances.

We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you.

Sincerely,

Goodsmile Company Online Shop
http://goodsmile-global.ecq.sc/

Theonik

Nurse and Pyramid Head up on Ami for 3540 and 3690 respectively. I'm definitely considering it but what is the difference between figmas made by Max Factory and Freeing?

Oh my god how have I never seen this Noel before

It's so hnnnngggggg. Best Noel I've seen even though it's hatless Noel.
Hatless and best isn't possible.

Everything my top 3 just got bumped down 1 spot.

Everything about her is great. The only thing that is weird is that her arms aren't rigid. They are a softer pliable material. Not a complaint just an observation.

Bonus NSFWish

Someone knows whats up! lol

I need to play those games sometime though they are probably rare and expensive.

Giolon

I love the sculpt of She Hulk but the leg to torso difference kills it for me.

If you mean the colors, I highly recommend trying to get a look at her in person before making that call. As mentioned before, viewed with the naked eye, I find there to be no perceptible color difference.

gokieks

FUCKING BOOOOOOOOO. Really want the figure, but it's probably going to be super expensive since it's exclusive and comes with a movie.

The Kara no Kyoukai movies are fantastic, but don't really care about owning a 3D (lol) copy of the first one.

Sigh... that does suck. (Un)fortunately, I'm completely incapable of not throwing money at all things Type-Moon, so that's not going to be nearly enough to deter me. After already having spent $550 on the KnK BDs, what's another $100 or $150 or whatever this'll end up costing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom