• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wanted to order an item with HLJ, but I didn't have an account so I made one as I ordered said item, and when I tried to log into my newly created account after making the order, it said that the email hasn't been registered. I made another account using the same email and it went through, but when trying to reorder the item it's now out of stock. Basically, I think that I ordered the last item but my account never went though? Fuck this lol.
Did you get an email confirmation with an order # when you ordered with the first email?

Einbroch

Banned
Hi again.

We have heard back today regarding this issue from our pre-owned item sta
ff.
The gash, according to them, it is within the range of B rating.
In this case we are unfortunately unable to provide more assistance.

We apologize for the inconvenience.
Thank you for shopping at AmiAmi.

Thank fuck I'm done with preowned. Ugh.

Thank fuck I'm done with preowned. Ugh.

A gash that deep would be the first time I've ever heard about something like that on a B grade. I say they're trying to be dismissive. Tweet them, or do something to get it on social media, and add pressure.

If that really is ok for B grade, then I may be buying from them a lot less.

johnsmith

remember me
A gash that deep would be the first time I've ever heard about something like that on a B grade. I say they're trying to be dismissive. Tweet them, or do something to get it on social media.

If that really is ok for B grade, then I may be buying from them a lot less.

Or make a blog post on mfc

HItman84

Neo Member
Cloud_Strife1347046108.jpeg

Someone posted a picture of this a couple pages back and it's been nagging at me non stop so I caved and ordered one from Manda >.>

Einbroch

Banned
B L O G B O Y S

Not super upset, just a little frustrated and makes me weary to ever get anything preowned from AmiAmi again. Literally all they had to do was add like 1.5k AmiAmi points to my account and I'd be a happy camper, probably buy something else.

But nope. Feel mah wrath...from thousands of miles away and behind a keyboard.

HItman84

Neo Member
B L O G B O Y S

Not super upset, just a little frustrated and makes me weary to ever get anything preowned from AmiAmi again. Literally all they had to do was add like 1.5k AmiAmi points to my account and I'd be a happy camper, probably buy something else.

sucks man
I'm always worried with Pre-Owned stuff and it's why I refuse to get less then A/B with Amiami.

don't worry, there will be some idiot that will say so let me get it out of the way for you

"How do we know you didn't do it yourself and trying to get something free?! I mean I order a MILLLLLLLLLLLLION things and it never happened to me so chances of it happening? ZERO. If I had to bet my collection, I would say that you did it yourself you attention whore"

Something something fuck some of the posters on MFC

edit
lol already one in "uninteresting"

Einbroch

Banned
don't worry, there will be some idiot that will say so let me get it out of the way for you

"How do we know you didn't do it yourself and trying to get something free?! I mean I order a MILLLLLLLLLLLLION things and it never happened to me so chances of it happening? ZERO. If I had to bet my collection, I would say that you did it yourself you attention whore"

Something something fuck some of the posters on MFC

edit
lol already one in "uninteresting"

Can't argue with that logic. You caught me. :(

B L O G B O Y S

Sorry to hear that :(
I've bought quite a few B'B's from amiami and they looked brand new but I know that there's always a risk of this happening.

Maybe I've just been lucky since AmiAmi cant afford to anger me as their kids college funds depend on my continued purchases lol

Einbroch

Banned
AmiAmi doesn't seem to have those "super deals" like they did in the past. They're more in line with other preowned outlets, when they were usually the cheapest before. Their post-2012 Nendo prices in particular are higher than Manda.

AmiAmi doesn't seem to have those "super deals" like they did in the past. They're more in line with other preowned outlets, when they were usually the cheapest before. Their post-2012 Nendo prices in particular are higher than Manda.

AMIAMI BOYCOTT WHOOOOOOOO!!!!!!

Acid08

Banned
Ami is just the most convenient place because if you already order stuff from there you can combined pre-owned with those orders. Manda is a pain since you can't combine anything if the items are from different stores.

Ami is just the most convenient place because if you already order stuff from there you can combined pre-owned with those orders. Manda is a pain since you can't combine anything if the items are from different stores.

when I order from Manda I feel a need to find if there's anything else I want from that store

I've already have more orders on Big in Japan than I do on Amiami right now.

Dat pay in advance.

I'm tempted, but I have to wait until I get to a light month before I start using them. June should be fine as long as there aren't anymore items that get delayed and land there. I've been using Hobbysearch in the meantime. Only thing I wasn't a fan of when I ordered Samurai from BiJ is that it took forever to get her, but I think I used SAL.

george_us

....I wish?
15k and then 2.8 for ems ship.
I tried to get one on eBay but the bidding stopped closer to $160
Enabling: Complete.

She's going for 15k these days? People love them some Power Girl. I think I paid $75 or $80 or her. Bishoujo's don't get re-released all that often so you're better off getting her before she goes for insane Poison Ivy/Catwoman prices.

HItman84

Neo Member
Enabling: Complete.

She's going for 15k these days? People love them some Power Girl. I think I paid $75 or $80 or her. Bishoujo's don't get re-released all that often so you're better off getting her before she goes for insane Poison Ivy/Catwoman prices.

I have this thought of a great display of Bishoujo Batgirl and Power Girl in front of their sideshow PF counterparts and I've got them both on Pre-order and the Batgirl Bishoujo already. They're also just awesome on their own. I'm keeping an eye out for the Supergirl one next.
The listing on manda specifically said "unopened, box little damage, so for manda standards I don't expect any damage at all.

TLDR Yes, Power Girl is awesome.

george_us

I have this thought of a great display of Bishoujo Batgirl and Power Girl in front of their sideshow PF counterparts and I've got them both on Pre-order and the Batgirl Bishoujo already. They're also just awesome on their own. I'm keeping an eye out for the Supergirl one next.
The listing on manda specifically said "unopened, box little damage, so for manda standards I don't expect any damage at all.

TLDR Yes, Power Girl is awesome.
That would look pretty damn sweet. Did you also order the Sideshow Art Prints or just the statues? Good luck finding Supergirl. She's going for $200+ these days.

Speaking of crazy prices, that Devil's Cheerleaders figure Baka posted awhile back is going for damn near $400. Wide-eyed 2013 me who was new to collecting figures might have been tempted. Now?

TONDq_zpsxtoxlmv6.gif

HItman84

Neo Member
That would look pretty damn sweet. Did you also order the Sideshow Art Prints or just the statues? Good luck finding Supergirl. She's going for $200+ these days.

Speaking of crazy prices, that Devil's Cheerleaders figure Baka posted awhile back is going for damn near $400. Wide-eyed 2013 me who was new to collecting figures might have been tempted. Now?

TONDq_zpsxtoxlmv6.gif

No prints, just the PFs.
Honestly even if you want the Prints, they sell out so damn fast you've got to be really fast in ordering them.

Yah....I can't say I have a limit on something because if it were a character I loved, I'd jump.
Anything Mitsuru, I'd think about, even if they wanted $500 USD and it was worth the cash, lol It's one reason I love Sideshow and their flex plans.

Not terrible unexpected. She was exclusive, after all... Phat Bayonetta is 68k on Nippon-Yasan. XD

What in the world......I remember it disappearing off the face of the earth once it came out but I don't remember the price rising :eek:

That's because there were literally none to find. You can't observe a pre-owned price increase occur when there aren't any for sale. It's partially Nippon-Yasan's LOL-pricing, though. Solaris Japan has her new and used for $400 / $300 respectively. Still crazy, but not quite as bad as N-Y.

antibolo

Banned
OK someone will have to explain to me how monthly orders are supposed to work on AmiAmi.

I ordered something today (that IBRS nendo) and said to put it in my monthly order. Right now I have nothing else so far for this month, but assumed it would still push that item to the end of the month in case I decided to buy something else in the meantime.

However it appears that my assumption about how it works was wrong, because they just sent me a payment request for it...?

Kinda confused now.

OK someone will have to explain to me how monthly orders are supposed to work on AmiAmi.

I bought something today (that IBRS nendo) and said to put it in my monthly order. Right now I have nothing else so far but figured out it would still push that item to the end of the month in case I decided to buy something else in the meantime.

However it appears that my assumption about how it works was wrong, because they just sent me a payment request for it...?

Kinda confused now.

If an item is in-stock, and not combined with any other items in the same order, then yes, you'll get a payment request. If you want to hold off, you'll have to combine it with another order that includes item(s) that release this month and are not yet in-stock.

antibolo

Banned
If an item is in-stock, and not combined with any other items in the same order, then yes, you'll get a payment request. If you want to hold off, you'll have to combine it with another order that includes item(s) that release this month and are not yet in-stock.

Alright then.

Too bad, this monthly order thing is now a lot less practical than I thought it would be.

kierwynn

It's not like an order for the end of the month- it ships whatever you have in your order once everything is in stock. Since you don't have anything else in your order and the thing you ordered was in stock, you got a payment request. If you had ordered it with something not yet in stock, it woulda held it until the other item came in stock whether it was end of the month or not.

edit- slow and beaten womp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom