• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wanderer5

Nah I'm just glad Japan produced a badass, moody lady with full armor and a giant blade-gun.

She's not even wearing a miniskirt or short-shorts.

That's a beautiful thing.

I haven't really gotten into the series much beyond the demos but I really dig Imuka's design. Her nendoroid looks a bit nice heh.

Yarbskoo

Pretty much. I can't see her up for preorder at anywhere reliable.

You think it'll be hard to find one at launch? So far I've only bought ones that have been out for a few years. The only figures I've really purchased near launch are amiibos, and I'd really like it to not go through all that again.

Risette

A Good Citizen
if i preorder multiple things from amiami that release in separate months will they ship them together or is that only for things that are released close together?

Bombless

You think it'll be hard to find one at launch? So far I've only bought ones that have been out for a few years. The only figures I've really purchased near launch are amiibos, and I'd really like it to not go through all that again.
There will be a couple pieces put up for resale from unpaid bills, there always are. I suspect there will also be a couple going up "used" right after release (at increased price).

if i preorder multiple things from amiami that release in separate months will they ship them together or is that only for things that are released close together?

Only items released in the same month.

Theonik

They only let you do 2 things.
1) Combine into monthly order
2) Combine orders.
Any order can be combined as long as all the items would be available within the payment deadline I think.
Edit: In cases where two orders are combined in this way the payment deadline is that of the earliest order.

antibolo

Banned

You can use figinstock.com to put up restock notifications.

Maybe it's just wishful thinking but I don't think she'll be as high as alters recent massive priced figure. I think after AmiAmi's discount she'll be between 15.8k-16.8k. Aliasse has a huge and detailed base to go along with her very detailed and large sculpt where Black heart seems like she's have a flat disc base. Of course its still in prototype and many figures default to those plain clear disc bases and are released with more intricate ones but I still don't believe she'll be as pricy.

You're probably in the right ballpark there. Maybe a bit more of Alter is feeling greedy.

Hobbysearch is showing up as SAL, praise be SAL XD

I'm more concerned about her:
...from the hobbysearch page it seems like she won't be SALable =(

Also protip to new peeps here, use Hobbysearch to check whether a figure is SALable etc as it will indicate on their pages. http://www.1999.co.jp/eng/

Hahahahahaha! You still think Selvaria is getting released this month. :D

Wasps wings are really nice:

Yeah, I don't care what anyone
(johnsmith)
says, she looks great.

Same month only. But given how many things get delayed, it may turn out the way you want anyhow. :D

Risette

A Good Citizen
thanks guys.
Same month only. But given how many things get delayed, it may turn out the way you want anyhow. :D
do nendos usually get delayed? my cart of nendos i want right now is: 2 in august, 1 in july

so even if it got delayed one month it'd work out in my favor

do nendos usually get delayed? my cart of nendos i want right now is: 2 in august, 1 in july

so even if it got delayed one month it'd work out in my favor

It's really hard to predict GSC delays. Items from some companies (Alter, Phat, Max Factory, Orchid Seed) get delayed A LOT, so you can usually count on one for figures made by those companies.

Hahahahahaha! You still think Selvaria is getting released this month. :D
XD I won't mind a delay as long as Yukari is not coming out the same month as her like it seems right now, but Vertex did tweet this, 11hrs ago, so it's probably coming out this month:
CEehOx9UIAA6wZP.jpg:large

https://twitter.com/VERTEXkyonnu/status/596622760895389697

XD I won't mind a delay as long as Yukari is not coming out the same month as her like it seems right now, but Vertex did tweet this, 11hrs ago, so it's probably coming out this month:

I don't know. Could be they just posted it to build up hype. AmiAmi, HLJ, and Hobbysearch are all still taking pre-orders on her, so if she is coming out this month, order numbers must be abysmal.

Theonik

I hope she does get delayed

I don't know. Could be they just posted it to build up hype. AmiAmi, HLJ, and Hobbysearch are all still taking pre-orders on her, so if she is coming out this month, order numbers must be abysmal.
Too good for people.

Looking at Nippon-Yasan's release list, Selvaria, Inshun, Mu-12, Aludra, Elin, Sakura Saber, Naked Loli, and a bunch of others are listed for 5-31. I take that to mean delays are incoming. Ain't nothing coming out on a Sunday.

But Alter's Asuka Q reissue is showing up for late next week. Yay!

kewlmyc

The most I've seen Vertex delay a figure was a week. They have a surprisingly good track record.

george_us

She looks pretty great here. The fact that she isn't sold out yet indicates that Freeza's right and she'll be 40% off in a couple of months.

What's everyone's May orders looking like?

The most I've seen Vertex delay a figure was a week. They have a surprisingly good track record.
I more surprised they don't span out their releases though, I find it odd that they are releasing Yukari and Selvaria on the same month.
She looks pretty great here. The fact that she isn't sold out yet indicates that Freeza's right and she'll be 40% off in a couple of months.

Chrono will save money then lol, if only cancellation are easy with figures I'll do it for the 40% off lol XD
I have Alter Luke, Vertex Yukari and Selveria, chara-form Chrom, Greninja and Jigglypuff Amiibo, Splatoon bundle, probably missing others X'D
Orca Toys reveals “Oreimo” Gokou Ruri 1/4 painted prototype (design change)
Orca Toys has just revealed first photo of unpainted prototype for their 1/4 scale figure of Gokou Ruri (Kuroneko) from “Ore no Imouto ga Konna ni Kawaii Wake ga Nai”. The figure has been put through some changes, as Orca Toys reports, and Ruri’s eyes have been changed to a new design, definitely more cute than before, as noticeable in the photo below.
orca_rurioff-1.jpg

------------------
Those curious of the eyes before:
orca_ruripainted.jpg

chrono01

Mine isn't too bad this month.

Inshun Hozoin [Alter]
Sansei Muramasa - Race Queen ver. [Orca Toys]
Asmodeus - Bunny Girl Ver. [Amakuni]

I do have a few other nom-figure related things pre-order, though. Those being:

- Oda Non Artbook x2 [for the exclusives]
- A few other artbooks in my HLJ Warehouse
- A few games, such as Final Fantasy X/X-2 Remaster, Puzzle & Dragons Z: Super Mario Bros. Edition, Hatsune Miku: Project Mirai DX

Which is a shame, because if she comes out looking like the prototype, she'll easily be the best Selvaria likeness out there. But I'm still betting on a delay. Will I be right, or will I be the Michael Pachter of FigureGAF?

kewlmyc

I more surprised they don't span out their releases though, I find it odd that they are releasing Yukari and Selvaria on the same month.

Chrono will save money then lol, if only cancellation are easy with figures I'll do it for the 40% off lol XD
I have Alter Luke, Vertex Yukari and Selveria, chara-form Chrom, Greninja and Jigglypuff Amiibo, Splatoon bundle, probably missing others X'D

Oreimo still getting merch on the regurlar 2 years later is kinda impressive.

StayDead

First post back in FigureGAF, better post what came over the last month!

Also in unrelated news, remember ages ago I posted that my Honoka nendo and Neptunia Re;Birth 3 were missing? Well the day I was banned I had to look for something and found them at the bottom of my Dad's wardrobe in the shipping box. The irony of not being able to tell y'all was horrible.

Also in unrelated news, remember ages ago I posted that my Honoka nendo and Neptunia Re;Birth 3 were missing? Well the day I was banned I had to look for something and found them at the bottom of my Dad's wardrobe in the shipping box. The irony of not being able to tell y'all was horrible.
1-Margaret_-_Welcome_Back_02.jpg

And you guys should really take out your figure boxes from the shipping boxes, unless you were moving around then XD

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes

She's looking good where it counts...

Like this:
Except for that Captain America in the corner I ended up canceling. Hell I'd cancel Iron Man too if I didn't sink $200 worth of reward point into it...

Welcome back, post more in this thread and less in others and get banned less in the future...

Still haven't heard anything from AmiAmi regarding splitting off Luke from my April order. Should I use the normal contact form and ask the status of them splitting Luke out and having my order start getting ready to be shipped?

As far as May, KOS-MOS is a given as it was a pre-owned, but assuming the other two ship this month:

Relatively light, June's a 40k+ month, though, so that'll be a fun one. Hoping something gets delayed so that month isn't as crazy.

The alternative is that they're being made to order, and there will be very few out in the wild. After a couple of months her price becomes ridiculous like Enterbrain Selvaria.

The decision to pre-order or not to pre-order is always a dangerous game in the figure world.

EDIT: Speaking of skipped pre-order regret..

In other news, I thought I'd let you guys know because some of you seem really into Love Live, that Love Live Season 1 is now up for pre-order.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom