• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

chrono01

Finally received my Noir artbook from Amazon JP and I'm really really sad with the packaging quality which is a huge drop compared to my last direct order from them in late 2013.

Will post picture of it later after I get feedback from Amazon JP as the artbook survived but the packaging is a complete disaster.

Makes me worry if I ever order any figures direct from Amazon JP...
Yeah, I've read some pretty bad things about Amazon Japan's International shipping. Their boxes really aren't made for it, which is why when I use BIJ [for Japan-exclusive items] as a proxy, I always choose the "re-package" option for added security.

Sorry to hear about your experience, though. :/

That Nisei Muramasa will be MINE!

Started watching World Conquest Zvezda Plot. May have accidentally ordered Max Factory Plamya oop
Sure, "accidentally". :p

Ryuuroden

Yeah, I've read some pretty bad things about Amazon Japan's International shipping. Their boxes really aren't made for it, which is why when I use BIJ [for Japan-exclusive items] as a proxy, I always choose the "re-package" option for added security.

Sorry to hear about your experience, though. :/

That Nisei Muramasa will be MINE!

Sure, "accidentally". :p

Yes, Nisei Muramasa, yet another figure we will both own.

Wo-Chan delayed to June, may be I'll buy a gunpla this month or something.

That was literally me when I found out Yamato was delayed. I ended up preordering Plamya instead. lol

59465626.jpg

Ryuuroden

That was literally me when I found out Yamato was delayed. I ended up preordering Plamya instead. lol

One minute, I was watching the show. The next thing I remember, I had an order confirmation. No idea what happened. :(

All my figures were delayed this month. 4 for 4 delayed if Mikasa and Miku get delayed.

Yarbskoo

I can live with the faces on my Link and Zelda amiibo, but that Lucina face looks pretty bad. I might still get one for Codename Steam, but at this point I think I'll make the figma a priority. With how hard it's going to be to find a Lucina, they're going to be a lot closer in price than they really should be.

EDIT: I guess it doesn't look too bad from some angles. It's mostly just the mouth that bothers me.

All my figures were delayed this month. 4 for 4 delayed if Mikasa and Miku get delayed.

Racing Miku? I think it's a pretty safe bet. They have release dates up through the 27th, and she's not on the list. Sure, there are three days left in the month after the 27th, but I wouldn't get my hopes up.

Mu-12 from Alter is probably a delay, too. Asuka reissue, maybe.

antibolo

Banned
Hey FigureGAF!

I've been slowly collecting figures (mostly Figmas and Nendoroids) since about a year ago but never thought about coming here before. I should snap some pictures of my collection when I have the time.

I have a question, does anyone know a place where one could still pre-order the Senbonzakura Miku Nendoroid? I completely forgot about it, and now it seems too late :(

omlet

If you guys really harbor such hatred for tiny $12 official Nintendo statues, why do you keep bringing them up? Just for "lol Diggeh will come over from AmiiboGAF to respond" moments? I apologize if I'm bothering you.

I'm genuinely curious. I haven't been trolling you guys, I thought all figures were welcomed here.

Okay, serious answer since you asked. This is just my perspective, of course, not speaking for everyone.

It's honestly hard to tell if you're trolling or not. And since you are so easily baited by amiibo talk, maybe some people (but not me) are indeed doing it to get a reaction from you.

Amiibos are welcome here. I don't care for them but some people here enjoy them and that's cool. They're cheap toys and every now and then someone makes a joke about them because to some of us the tizzy that people get into over such low-quality things is popcorn material. Some people here collect them and talk about them and that's all fine and dandy. It's not like I am going through this thread blacklisting anyone who talks about them.

What I find tiresome is not amiibos themselves but the way you only pop up to take shots at people who joke about them or to tell people "don't talk about this stuff here, come to these other threads" and generally don't really contribute anything useful to the discussion about the things you claim to be so passionate about.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Okay, serious answer since you asked. This is just my perspective, of course, not speaking for everyone.

It's honestly hard to tell if you're trolling or not. And since you are so easily baited by amiibo talk, maybe some people (but not me) are indeed doing it to get a reaction from you.

Amiibos are welcome here. I don't care for them but some people here enjoy them and that's cool. They're cheap toys and every now and then someone makes a joke about them because to some of us the tizzy that people get into over such low-quality things is popcorn material. Some people here collect them and talk about them and that's all fine and dandy. It's not like I am going through this thread blacklisting anyone who talks about them.

What I find tiresome is not amiibos themselves but the way you only pop up to take shots at people who joke about them or to tell people "don't talk about this stuff here, come to these other threads" and generally don't really contribute anything useful to the discussion about the things you claim to be so passionate about.

Thank you for your opinion. I won't bother you guys any longer. It was fun.

Kotobukiya's Sorey has a release date of April 27 for the 3 people who care.

looks good, but yep dont care

Collette might though

Yeah I'm excited for the figure though I have to wait until june, I pre-ordered him on a US site because at the time there was a promotion for free shipping and the price was about $15 cheaper then AmiAmi so I said why not. But with the better exchange rate now its only about $5 at most saving so I wished I just po'd him Ami lol

Sorey Alisha you must wait for your friend XD

Yeah I'm excited for the figure though I have to wait until june, I pre-ordered him on a US site because at the time there was a promotion for free shipping and the price was about $15 cheaper then AmiAmi so I said why not. But with the better exchange rate now its only about $5 at most saving so I wished I just po'd him Ami lol

Sorey Alisha you must wait for your friend XD
puns yo

RMI

Banned
The Lucina amiibo looks fine...just I'd probably have to pay the same price as the figma to get her and I'm not gonna do that.

so did Lucina figma get delayed? I really can't afford to get her this month but I'm tempted if she's going to get pushed back.

kewlmyc

I just found out that the character designer/artist of the LN that Hestia is from is the artist behind Durarara and Devil Survivor, Suzuhito Yasuda. I'm more willing to give her a chance now since I like his character designs. Wish the anime did better at conveying his original designs like the Durarara anime did.

I just found out that the character designer/artist of the LN that Hestia is from is the artist behind Durarara and Devil Survivor, Suzuhito Yasuda. I'm more willing to give her a chance now since I like his character designs. Wish the anime did better at conveying his original designs like the Durarara anime did.

huhhhhhh, I never knew that

It definitely doesn't look like his usual style

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom