• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
Acid, get a CapitalOne Quicksilver card. Great exchange and no foreign transaction fee.

I have a Capital One card that I use for smaller purchases. It's my first credit card though so the limit isn't high enough to pay for this order.

apply online not with one of the mail offers. i learned the hard way that the mail offers don't include the $100 rewards after spending $500 in 3 months

I have a Capital One card that I use for smaller purchases. It's my first credit card though so the limit isn't high enough to pay for this order.

How long have you had your card? When i first got the quicksilver card it only had a $300 limit. 6 months later then auto increased it to $500, after another 6 months I manually requested an increased and figured maybe I'd get another couple hundred or something and to my shock they upped my limit from $500 to $3500. If its been 6 months since you got your card or increase it can't hurt to request an increase.

Einbroch

Banned
How long have you had your card? When i first got the quicksilver card it only had a $300 limit. 6 months later then auto increased it to $500, after another 6 months I manually requested an increased and figured maybe I'd get another couple hundred or something and to my shock they upped my limit from $500 to $3500. If its been 6 months since you got your card or increase it can't hurt to request an increase.
Similar thing with me. Got my card, it had a $300 limit. Thought that was weird, called them, they went "whoops we got some numbers wrong" and increased my limit to $5000.

Acid08

Banned

Only have had it a couple months. I know after five on time payments the limit will go up but I'm still a few months away from that. Part of the reason I want to keep my future orders under 20k is so that I can put them on that card.

I know nothing about Puzzle & Dragons, but man, I like the look of this:

tumblr_nmviec7Vuc1qzdctco1_500.jpg

tumblr_nmviec7Vuc1qzdctco2_500.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
For real. 1/6 is best, but I don't mind 1/7.

Even though she's 1/8, she's still going to take up a lot of space horizontally. Like Miku 2020.

Hmm, yeah, she's bigger than I thought when you put it like that. Talking myself into it. And May/June are super light months (4k and 7k respectively). HMMM.

Hmm, yeah, she's bigger than I thought when you put it like that. Talking myself into it. And May/June are super light months (4k and 7k respectively). HMMM.

She's a September release. Not May or June. :(

Edit: Eh, fuck it. I'll just order her and think about it later.

tauke

Amazon JP reply is so generic copy pasta:

Generic reply by Amazon.co.jp said:
Thank you for contacting us at Amazon.co.jp.

First of all, we’d like to thank you for your input on our packaging services.

We always appreciate customer feedback and we’ll be using your input to improve Amazon.co.jp packaging and other services where possible. And I'm certain of passing this information to our appropriate department to improve our packaging.

If you have any further feedback or comments about packaging of items sold and shipped by Amazon.co.jp, you’re also welcome to click on the link below to access the “Leave Packaging Feedback” page in “Your Account.”

http://www.amazon.co.jp/packaging

If you have any other feedback or any questions or concerns, comments or suggestions, feel free to contact us at any time.

Thank you for choosing Amazon.co.jp. We look forward to serving you again soon.

Best regards,
Saiin
Thank you.
Amazon.co.jp

For 2014, I purchased a few items from Amazon JP marketplace since the items I wanted is only available for delivery in Japan and I used Tenso who nicely packaged the items like Amiami.

Obviously if the items is available to deliver directly from Amazon, I will opt it since it is cheaper overall but I'm unsure which party is at fault though.

The huge ass packaging (with the book having a fun time sliding around in the box) by Amazon or DHL for being retarded for the first time by delivering it to the nearer international airport to my hometown for customs inspection by Orang Utan (not being disrespectful to the mascot of Sabah lol) instead of KLIA.

My dad clearly inspect the packaging and saw plain English instruction on where to open the box properly so I know the customs officer is at fault here. Still not sure why Amazon glued the flap but my first instinct is to stop trying to open that side if the flap refuse to open without breaking it.

Sorry for the long rant here FigureGAF ;-;

Einbroch

Banned
Every once and a while I compare the JP and International AmiAmi sites' prices.

Videogame stuff is almost always cheaper on the Japanese site, whereas anime stuff is always cheaper on the English site.

cajunator

Banned
Any good prices out there for Phat Factory's Chiaki Nanami? I already have the Kyouko figure so I might as well complete the set.

My humble MFC profile, btw:
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/antibolo
(I also have a bunch of amiibos but I don't want to clutter my profile with them lol)

EDIT: Woah you guys are quick at friend requests lol

they temporarily reopened orders for her before closing and release, but it was the duration of a few hours. Now priobably your best bet is mandarake used or last minute cancellations.

raven777

Wait, they're doing a line of them!? MY WEAKNESS!

They have a prototype from a year ago that Freeza posted. I don't think it's canceled yet.

Is it happening? Her prototype was around even before ...uh.... whoever that blue chick I just ordered is. Been a long time with 0 updates.

Yea I am still assuming that thing is not canceled.

Tbh I am surprised that Hera-Ur was the first to actually come out. She is not exactly a popular character in the game.

antibolo

Banned
they temporarily reopened orders for her before closing and release, but it was the duration of a few hours. Now priobably your best bet is mandarake used or last minute cancellations.

Actually HobbyLink has it in stock for 12k but I was wondering if anyone had seen a better deal.

Anyway, I just ordered it now! My first day in FigureGAF has been very damaging to my wallet...

Einbroch

Banned
Actually HobbyLink has it in stock for 12k but I was wondering if anyone had seen a better deal.

Anyway, I just ordered it now! My first day in FigureGAF has been very damaging to my wallet...

That's what this thread does to you. It's the best...and the worst.

cajunator

Banned

hehee
Welcome to Figuregaf! Your wallet is gonna hurt.
But you know you love it!

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Acid, get a CapitalOne Quicksilver card. Great exchange and no foreign transaction fee.

I just got approved for one, time to spend $500 on figures in 3 months so I can earn $100!

Welcome!

This thread's Debt:Saving ratio may be a bit too high, but our cute:life ratio is infinite.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom