• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
I can live with the faces on my Link and Zelda amiibo, but that Lucina face looks pretty bad. I might still get one for Codename Steam, but at this point I think I'll make the figma a priority. With how hard it's going to be to find a Lucina, they're going to be a lot closer in price than they really should be.

EDIT: I guess it doesn't look too bad from some angles. It's mostly just the mouth that bothers me.

The Lucina and Robin amiibo looks like something you get from this machine:

double-stand-superpro-toy-vendor-machines.jpg

How long does EMS take to deliver a ginormous package? Amiami says they'll ship it out in about 2 days, but dunno how long EMS will take. IIRC shipping from Japan isn't near as bad as shipping from China though...

Acid08

Banned
How long does EMS take to deliver a ginormous package? Amiami says they'll ship it out in about 2 days, but dunno how long EMS will take. IIRC shipping from Japan isn't near as bad as shipping from China though...

On average EMS takes like 4 days for me.

Depends how nice customs are. I've gotten one in 3 days once. But my last bigo box took 9 days :(

My sweet spot is 4 -5 days

cajunator

Banned
Im just tired of the bickering between amiibogaf and figuregaf. Can we just get along and enjoy the cuties?

I dont care about resale values and image. I just want to be surrounded by cute things :(

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com
Im just tired of the bickering between amiibogaf and figuregaf. Can we just get along and enjoy the cuties?

I dont care about resale values and image. I just want to be surrounded by cute things :(

Competition drives progress, we are doing this so we will have even more cuter things in the future.

Einbroch

Banned

But Amiibos aren't cute. They're just a stepping stone to actual cute things. We just want to speed up the process.

kierwynn

But Amiibos aren't cute. They're just a stepping stone to actual cute things. We just want to speed up the process.

I got into amiibos even after I started collecting figures and I still think they're cute for the most part. (There are some odd balls but even those have their own charm lol)

But yes, it would be nice to get back to figures and not "my plastic toy is better than your plastic toy."

Can we all agree that the wooly yoshis are the cutest things tho?

I got into amiibos even after I started collecting figures and I still think they're cute for the most part. (There are some odd balls but even those have their own charm lol)

But yes, it would be nice to get back to figures and not "my plastic toy is better than your plastic toy."

Yeah I've had a few figures here and there since 07', but I absolutely love Amiibo. Not because they look great or have great paintjobs or anything like that, but just because I've been playing Smash since the beginning, and now I have actual fucking trophies of the trophies. Also it's nice to have cheap, fairly accessible figures of Nintendo characters, even if they aren't the best quality.

cajunator

Banned

Agreed. It was bad enough when "action figure gaf" feltl ike they had to leave. Now theres a pointless fight between more figurine collectors. Who gives a shit really? They are fucking figurines. They arent status symbols.

HALP, GAF! I can't stop this anymore......

iBkIcCuh0Qb8Z.png

Is there some kind of Figures Anonymous thing?

Youve hit the point of no return.
Im so sorrry.

Agreed. It was bad enough when "action figure gaf" feltl ike they had to leave. Now theres a pointless fight between more figurine collectors. Who gives a shit really? They are fucking figurines. They arent status symbols.

Youve hit the point of no return.
Im so sorrry.

To be fair, I think I can consider action figures separate though. That it got bad is disappointing, but I can see a clear schism of what action figures are, and figures.

Amiibo are just NFC figures though. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Replicant

Oh come on man make sure the figures come in before you order even more.

Yeah, I really should stop ordering things on impulse. AmiAmi's ordering system doesn't help though because you can't cancel after you put in the order. But it's okay since those are what I really want as opposed to the "Oh, I must get those as well" figurines. Or at least that's what I'm telling myself. :/

souhait

Neo Member
Figuarts Zero Crystal Sailor Moon is 1/10, what a joke. It's like Bandai is allergic to my money. Guess I'll just wait for the Gathering version of that much better GK.

Acid08

Banned
Question: debit cards on AmiAmi, are they okay? I usually don't mind Paypal's bad exchange rates since my orders are fairly small and I only lose out on a couple dollars for the most part. This next order is gigantic though so their exchange rates could fuck me out of a good bit of money. Even with the foreign transaction fee BofA has, if I paid right now I would still be getting 7 more yen per dollar than Paypal would give. So now I'm contemplating paying directly with my debit card.

Question: debit cards on AmiAmi, are they okay? I usually don't mind Paypal's bad exchange rates since my orders are fairly small and I only lose out on a couple dollars for the most part. This next order is gigantic though so their exchange rates could fuck me out of a good bit of money. Even with the foreign transaction fee BofA has, if I paid right now I would still be getting 7 more yen per dollar than Paypal would give. So now I'm contemplating paying directly with my debit card.

I've always been under the impression debit cards don't work. I know my bank has a block on all foreign transactions. If I want to use it on a foreign site, I have to call them and request the block removed for 24h. Yours may be different.

Man I wish I'd have known this before I bought the $150 figure earlier today... T-T

Femto.

I have a Chase debit card that I sometimes use for my orders, no problems here.

RMI

Banned
Acid, get a CapitalOne Quicksilver card. Great exchange and no foreign transaction fee.

You would think by now they'd say something about the release date or a delay.

Guess I'm just going to wait. Hopefully she doesn't sell out in the meantime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom