• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

exemp30

Cool, thanks! Gonna try to research the debit card stuff a bit more.

Actually maybe y'all can help. If I pay through Paypal using my debit card am I going to have to use Paypal's foreign exchange rates? Or do they just facilitate the transaction and it'll use the Visa rates/my bank's fees?
It's paypal's rate unfortunately

Wanderer5

*goes on FB, and sees Good Smile Company posting this*

"An oldie but a goodie! figma Sherlock Hound is coming soon too!"

Coming soon? Probably talking about preorders, but damn again I didn't think he was going to be up and set sooo soon lol

And yet Zero Suit Samus still hasn't been even shown as a prototype *grumble grumble*

Giolon

LOL, you guys going gaga over the Puzzles & Dragons girl. I was like "HOW COME NOBODY IS POSTING ABOUT THIS!?" after the last WonFes or whatever and the only responses I got were "Because she's not very impressive?" and "Meh".

You guys suck! :-/

Ken

LOL, you guys going gaga over the Puzzles & Dragons girl. I was like "HOW COME NOBODY IS POSTING ABOUT THIS!?" after the last WonFes or whatever and the only responses I got were "Because she's not very impressive?" and "Meh".

She looks terrible.

cajunator

Banned

Im not very interested in her. I dont know what Puzzles and Dragons is either.

chrono01

Pre-orders for Aliasse from "Senjou no Valkyria 2: Gallia Ouritsushikan Gakkou" [Alter] start on the 22nd.

6i1Uwcl.jpg

Expect a massive price. :/

chrono01

Say no to DFC, makoto.
Haha, I'm not going to order her personally [I'm sure the price will be more than I'm willing to pay], but she's a nice-looking figure. I love her pose, very dynamic. Art is by Raita too, which isn't surprising considering the series it's based off of.

But yeah, I'm sure the price will easily be 16k+ yen. :/

tauke

Cool, thanks! Gonna try to research the debit card stuff a bit more.

Actually maybe y'all can help. If I pay through Paypal using my debit card am I going to have to use Paypal's foreign exchange rates? Or do they just facilitate the transaction and it'll use the Visa rates/my bank's fees?

I have the option to pay using the bank's rate instead (I'm using Visa Debit). Normally Paypal charges around 1.5-3% higher than my bank's rate so I opt to let Paypal charge in Yen and let the bank do the conversion rate.

Here's a a modified old screenshot that I made a few weeks back:

Acid08

Banned
I have the option to pay using the bank's rate instead (I'm using Visa Debit). Normally Paypal charges around 1.5-3% higher than my bank's rate so I opt to let Paypal charge in Yen and let the bank do the conversion rate.

Here's a a modified old screenshot that I made a few weeks back:
Oh cool, that's exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! This should save me some money.

I love Nippon-Yasan. I got my Racing Miku 2013 figma from them. The crown jewel of my figure collection so far.

They are mostly ok, which is why I still use them from time to time.

Just be aware that N-Y sent someone here a bootleg, and then denied it until social media pressure forced them to honor a refund. They also frequently take a week or two from purchase to shipment for me, and they're not shy about jacking up the price on items they feel are in demand.

She's tempting. I do like blue girls and demon girls.

I tried to get into P&D a long time ago when everyone was saying that you should keep rerolling for a free Valkyrie when you made an account. I gave up because after a few days it was too draining. Has the game changed much since then?

Giolon

She's tempting. I do like blue girls and demon girls.

I tried to get into P&D a long time ago when everyone was saying that you should keep rerolling for a free Valkyrie when you made an account. I gave up because after a few days it was too draining. Has the game changed much since then?

No, that was pretty much my experience when I tried it last year to see what all the fuss was about. There's one thing that can kill my interest in a game in no time flat, and that's F2P energy systems.

A lot of the character artwork is really nice though!

No, that was pretty much my experience when I tried it last year to see what all the fuss was about. There's one thing that can kill my interest in a game in no time flat, and that's F2P energy systems.

A lot of the character artwork is really nice though!

Oh yes, definitely. The character artwork is great!

Giolon

She happens to be the pic of the day on MFC

And there are 4 members selling her starting at $110, if you're truly interested.

Couldn't find her on AmiAmi or Mandarake.

That is a pretty epic photoshop!

As I said, she's only on AmiAmi.jp at this point, not .com, because of Orchid Seed's insistence on killing international sales on the line. サタン is the name.

That is a pretty epic photoshop!

As I said, she's only on AmiAmi.jp at this point, not .com, because of Orchid Seed's insistence on killing international sales on the line. サタン is the name.

AmiAmi seems to have no qualms over selling used Orchid Seed figures because most of the Sins are still in their pre-owned section.

I'm sure one day soon Satan will show up in there as well.

Muzicfreq

Banned
I did a photo shoot in the last thread if you missed it. She's still available from AmiAmi's Jp site as of yesterday, but you'll have to use proxy since Orchid Seed put a stop to international sales of the 7 Sins line for nobody knows what reasons.

She happens to be the pic of the day on MFC

And there are 4 members selling her starting at $110, if you're truly interested.

Couldn't find her on AmiAmi or Mandarake.

Thanks but sadly
gwXcemp.gif

Giolon

AmiAmi seems to have no qualms over selling used Orchid Seed figures because most of the Sins are still in their pre-owned section.

I'm sure one day soon Satan will show up in there as well.

Yeah it's really bizarre that OS killed off specifically the 7 Sins international sales, because all their other figures are still up for sale. Big in Japan had a tweet saying they couldn't sell the (hideous) Mammon recolor internationally because OS wouldn't let them. Around that point in time about a month ago, all 7 Sins figures vanished from Amiami.com Yet you can order their Triage X figure everywhere. Nobody knows what they're trying to accomplish.

I-401 is up on Amiami at a great discount, 17.7k instead of GSC's 23k (which includes a bonus background sheet of the Gravity field effect).

Release window is October 2015. I'm waiting to see what Abysse Corp's price will be to order but I've just found the background piece for my Arpeggio shelf!

Also, if you haven't seen Arpeggio of Blue Steel yet :

1: What is wrong with you?
2: Fix this glaring oversight immediately!

At around 13.8", it seems kinda small for all of that detail.

Bloodember

I-401 is up on Amiami at a great discount, 17.7k instead of GSC's 23k (which includes a bonus background sheet of the Gravity field effect).

Release window is October 2015. I'm waiting to see what Abysse Corp's price will be to order but I've just found the background piece for my Arpeggio shelf!

Also, if you haven't seen Arpeggio of Blue Steel yet :

1: What is wrong with you?
2: Fix this glaring oversight immediately!

That is pretty damn awesome. Not going to get it though, not going to get into ships.

Theonik

Guys, how can I tell if an item is a counterfeit or not? Especially if buying from Amazon marketplace?
You can't really until you get it. But it depends on the item. Usually MFC might know if there is a counterfeit going around where you can see it on the item page and be more weary of less reputable sellers.

Fuck. I was doing really well with not ordering, but Lightning showed up for only 3.5k. I never see her for under $60.

Those joints are ugly as sin but I know that Lightning will never get better figures than PAK.

KAIs suck if you care about scale though.
I prefer XIII-2 Lightning as she is in scale with the old Play arts which were much better.
play_arts_height_difference_by_the_happy_skwid-d58xr32.jpg

Okay guys, real talk: I haven't bought anything pre-owned from AmiAmi since they introduced the new intermediate rankings (A-/B+), I've previously bought B items and they have been like new, is this still the case or should I be more wary now?

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Unopened Catherine [Max Factory] for 16k yen.

Want so much. ;_;

http://ekizo.mandarake.co.jp/shop/en/item_s-735334.html

Ouch, love her to death, but I dunno if I'd pay that for her, luckily I bought her when she came out. Just as a side-note I hated the game, and her portrayal in it, but the character design is flawlessly Kazuma Kanekoific...

She's been on ami-ami pre-owned at least 3 times since she came out, and I had to pass on her each time. Just search for her everyday, and be there when they update...

Okay guys, real talk: I haven't bought anything pre-owned from AmiAmi since they introduced the new intermediate rankings (A-/B+), I've previously bought B items and they have been like new, is this still the case or should I be more wary now?

Nah, B/B is still fine. If there's anything serious they'll make a note of it in the info column. Things like cigarette smells and whatnot. If anything is missing or busted, those items are usually C-grade.

It's been so long since I've posted on FigureGAF but I've returned with news and pics. First and foremost, my current amiibo collection:
It's missing the Gold Mario I have but rest assured I have him. I have had no luck, however, securing any Wave 4 preorders as of yet so there's that.

I also received the last 1/4 scale statue I'm buying for a while (I have some debt to take care of first) so nothing above $200 until sometime in 2016. But here he is, Mass Effect's Garrus Vakarian.
(I seriously need better lighting)

That's it for now. I have a Figma coming this month (Lucina) but one of my other April orders (Abyssal Girl) was delayed, again!

omlet

Guys, how can I tell if an item is a counterfeit or not? Especially if buying from Amazon marketplace?

Unfortunately you really can't.

What you can do is
  • Check MFC to see if known bootlegs exist
  • Make sure the price is not too good to be true (compare to MSRP, MFC user price if possible, amiami/mandarake/etc.)
  • Be extra wary of sellers shipping from China
  • Check product reviews and seller feedback to see if anyone has left notes about getting bootlegs from specific sellers
  • Ask here about specific listings

I also received the last 1/4 scale statue I'm buying for a while (I have some debt to take care of first) so nothing above $200 until sometime in 2016. But here he is, Mass Effect's Garrus Vakarian.

best waifu

cajunator

Banned
Finally unboxed a mega cutie

It's been so long since I've posted on FigureGAF but I've returned with news and pics. First and foremost, my current amiibo collection:

It's missing the Gold Mario I have but rest assured I have him. I have had no luck, however, securing any Wave 4 preorders as of yet so there's that.

(I seriously need better lighting)

That's it for now. I have a Figma coming this month (Lucina) but one of my other April orders (Abyssal Girl) was delayed, again!

Very nice!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom