• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
FINALLY!

CCzbmeSUMAAh0DG.jpg:orig

Is that out this monthly finally?

omlet

Meh GSC scale all the way.:p Honestly I don't really care too much for the cloth these RAH or similar figures have. Would probably rather even check out that awesome nendoroid of her too, despite hearing that she kind of a pain to have stand up

I have the nendo and it's not hard to set up. The thing that's different is that it actually has 2 stands because of how front-heavy the design is. One short stand for the bottom of the dress and one longer stand arm attaches to her back to keep her from falling forwards.

Wanderer5

I have the nendo and it's not hard to set up. The thing that's different is that it actually has 2 stands because of how front-heavy the design is. One short stand for the bottom of the dress and one longer stand arm attaches to her back to keep her from falling forwards.

Ah I see.

Kind of amaze of myself that I haven't felt like caving into getting any figures from that show at all, since that is probably one of my favorite anime shows in the last few years.XD

omlet

Ah I see.

Kind of amaze of myself that I haven't felt like caving into getting any figures from that show at all, since that is probably one of my favorite anime shows in the last few years.XD

Madoka is one of my top shows, too, and I also felt the same way about the merchandise for several years. Like, besides Ultimate Madoka I wasn't too concerned with getting figures and stuff for it. Then the maiko set happened and my nendo defenses also went down and now I have (or have ordered)
5 homus
3 megucas
3 pockys
3 meins
2 mogus
and plans to get the rest of the magical girl costume nendos (only have homu so far)

oops

So what do you think of that Garrus? I've got Liara and Tali preordered but I'm still on the fence with him.

I like him a lot. It's a decent enough quality but I wished Sideshow Collectibles held the license for Mass Effect since I'm comfortable with there sculpts.

Overall, I'd say he's worth it especially if you have Liara and Tali on order. Go for it!

Personally, out of the three, I think he's the best one. But that's my bias.

Has anyone ever been flat-out denied an order cancellation request at AmiAmi?

I have. I think twice. The email came asking for payment and I ignored it. I think it sent another reminder email which I also ignored and finally they cancelled it.

I wasn't aware there was a policy of repercussions due to cancellations at the time but til this day I can order without an issue.

Acid08

Banned
im in the loved madoka, dont care about figures camp

The second I finished that show I needed a complete set of figures. I might actually go for a complete Sayaka collection too since she da bes.

Time to spend the rest of the day trying to figure out what excuse to use to get AmiAmi to cancel something for me.

Last one I used was "I have a minor medical procedure is happening this summer so I need to cancel X to be able to afford it." Worked out fine.

Has anyone ever been flat-out denied an order cancellation request at AmiAmi?

When I first started collecting I tried cancelling a pre-owned item but they don't do that under any circumstances.

Theonik

I was. I didn't pay anyway. Hahahahahaha. Still kicking.
It really is dumb on their part to do anything about it unless you cancel *everything*
They almost always sell your pre-order anyway fairly quickly and it's not loke they can force you to pay but if you say regularly drop like 20-30k yen a month in their store banning you just means they lose money.

I never got into the show. Watched a few episodes. Bored me half to death.
My response.

I really really hate how my Miku 2.0 does not scale correctly to my Luka. Miku is too tall, as can be seen here:

It seems they changed the scale starting at #200 (ie. Miku 2.0), right?

Definitely, Saber 2.0 is taller than most of the original Fate Figma(including Shirou).

Sinon isn't terrible but her head is huge compared to theirs.

antibolo

Banned
I guess they decided to up the scale so they can do more intricate details, but it's really unfortunate how they basically screwed consistency.

Also I really hate the new hand design in #200 and beyond. What the hell were they thinking when they decided to make the wrist ball joints separate from the hands, really. It's such a bitch to swap hands now.

Chiaki get! 48 hours from Amazon (JP) dispatch to delivery (UK) with no customs hassle is pretty awesome. She'll be staying in her box until I finally get some shelving sorted.

antibolo

Banned
Chiaki get! 48 hours from Amazon (JP) dispatch to delivery (UK) with no customs hassle is pretty awesome. She'll be staying in her box until I finally get some shelving sorted.

Just ordered her yesterday, can't wait to put her next to Kyoko. I will also have to find some space though >_<

Those two are literally my only figures that aren't Figmas or Nendoroids
or amiibos

Acid08

Banned
Just ordered her yesterday, can't wait to put her next to Kyoko. I will also have to find some space though >_<

or amiibos

I've been getting more figmas lately, really liking them. Cheaper and take up less shelf space.

Scales, figmas, and prize figures. The holy trifecta.

some Nendos here and there too

antibolo

Banned
Not gonna lie, I find "static" figures to be boring. *ducks*

Posable figures have an extra "personalized" aspect to them which I love. Even though for some of them I never changed their pose from day one.

I made a special exception for Danganronpa because I loved the games so much.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Not gonna lie, I find "static" figures to be boring. *ducks*

I made a special exception for Danganronpa because I loved the games so much.

A good portion of them to me are as well where it's just a character posing on their stand. I tend to like ones that have a bit more to them like Eas for example.
Though there are exceptions.

Figma's Cu-Poche, Nedroids, all are pretty neat looking since they come with extras and are pose-able.

kierwynn

Man looking at Chiaki again, she looks like she's gonna be fun to put together. lol

Also, what are the odds of a rerelease being delayed? Still no news on Luke but I didn't think they'd delay him since he's a rerelease but that was just my random assumption.

Acid08

Banned
Can't wait to get her! Probably gonna be a bit since Sorey doesn't even come out til the 27th or something like that (and I still don't know when Luke is coming out or if Lucina is delayed).

Same here, have to wait until Sepang Miku releases on the 27th. Shipping is gonna be so shit this month.

Femto.

Man looking at Chiaki again, she looks like she's gonna be fun to put together. lol

Also, what are the odds of a rerelease being delayed? Still no news on Luke but I didn't think they'd delay him since he's a rerelease but that was just my random assumption.

Alter didn't give a release date for Alisha until sometime within the last 2 weeks of March, so there's hope.

or amiibos
She's only my 5th ordered figure (4 scale, 1 nendo). I'm trying to avoid getting too into collecting, despite the frequent temptations in this thread!

kierwynn

Alter didn't give a release date for Alisha until sometime within the last 2 weeks of March, so there's hope.

That's true- i forgot about that. As much as I've been begging for delays, I'd really like Luke to not be one of those. Been wanting him for awhile! lol

Hey Colette, Ayesha is back up on AmiAmi.

I think I'm going to keep mine. She'll look good with Rorona.

I grabbed her this morning. Thought I could pass her up for now, but I can't. Need all my atelier girls!

Einbroch

Banned
I dont necessarily think they need to have motion/dynamics to them, they just have to convey a feeling very well, like so

This is boring to me. I mean, I think she looks great and the emotion is conveyed well, but it's just not my taste. I want hair flying around, arms flailing, leaning, and weight behind my scales. But that's just me.

Femto.

That's true- i forgot about that. As much as I've been begging for delays, I'd really like Luke to not be one of those. Been wanting him for awhile! lol

I don't want any delays this month, take my money!! Only thing confirmed for me so far is Sorey lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom