• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acid08

Banned
I grabbed her this morning. Thought I could pass her up for now, but I can't. Need all my atelier girls!
I wasn't a huge fan of the way she actually turned when the pictures first came out but I've warmed up to her a lot since seeing better pictures.

atelier_ayesha11.jpg

darklin0

Banned
It's been so long since I've posted on FigureGAF but I've returned with news and pics. First and foremost, my current amiibo collection:

It's missing the Gold Mario I have but rest assured I have him. I have had no luck, however, securing any Wave 4 preorders as of yet so there's that.

I also received the last 1/4 scale statue I'm buying for a while (I have some debt to take care of first) so nothing above $200 until sometime in 2016. But here he is, Mass Effect's Garrus Vakarian.

(I seriously need better lighting)

That's it for now. I have a Figma coming this month (Lucina) but one of my other April orders (Abyssal Girl) was delayed, again!
Holy crap, that Garrus! I am extremely jealous.

kierwynn

I wasn't a huge fan of the way she actually turned when the pictures first came out but I've warmed up to her a lot since seeing better pictures.

Yeah i thought the first pictures that came out of her were pretty bad, but the user pics and stuff I've seen since then have looked fine. Probably just a bad angle at first. Now I just pray that Escha doesn't come out looking like a complete mess. lol

Finally checked out Dungeon Moe...I thought it was okay but for some reason the episode seemed kinda rushed. Will need another episode or so to see if it improves any.

Vylash

Finally checked out Dungeon Moe...I thought it was okay but for some reason the episode seemed kinda rushed. Will need another episode or so to see if it improves any.
it's honestly a pretty cool show, I only watched for Hestia but I was pleasantly surprised

cajunator

Banned
Apparently Maiko Madoka is getting a reissue? (preorders start the 19th)

I might have to jump on this now that I ordered Maika Kyoko and Sayaka. But they are the cutest so...

I still think you Madoka lovers should consider RAH Ultimate Madoka

It's 28,700 but RAH are large and amazing quality.

I dontl ike those joints ><

MFC user uploaded some Chiaki pictures.

She looks better there than in the Toy Navi pictures. I wonder just how wildly the quality varies.

Hmmm she does. I hope its not another case like Shiro with inconsistent quality issues. Im still kinda disappointed about that, although shes a gorgeous figure anyway.
Chiaki as of this morning is just leaving Tokyo so it will be a few days before I find out.

A good portion of them to me are as well where it's just a character posing on their stand. I tend to like ones that have a bit more to them like Eas for example.

Though there are exceptions.

Figma's Cu-Poche, Nedroids, all are pretty neat looking since they come with extras and are pose-able.

I like Nendos a lot now, but still not figmas. I have one figma, of Kuroyukihime and Im not enamored with it despite the character being a favorite. Tough to pose with all her dress and pieces and stuff and she has a difficult time standing correctly. Granted KYH is a really complex figure as far as figmas go.

this doesnt grasp the character nearly as well though

I still want that particular Kurisu a lot!

SerTapTap

God damn it, Phat's Dangan Ronpa figures are always a nightmare to assemble. Anyone else having trouble getting part F, the one for Chiaki's back, to get in? This is as bad or worse than Kyoko. This time I can see where it goes in but it seems way too large to go in (yes, I'm using the right side). Any tips?

cajunator

Banned
God damn it, Phat's Dangan Ronpa figures are always a nightmare to assemble. Anyone else having trouble getting part F, the one for Chiaki's back, to get in? This is as bad or worse than Kyoko. This time I can see where it goes in but it seems way too large to go in (yes, I'm using the right side). Any tips?

can you take a photo of the problem area/part?

SerTapTap

Giving up for now, trying to work it is just making the stand/her boobs cut into my fingers. Anyone assembled this one already? I'd really rather not try the heatgun method and risk damaging her, my house isn't really cold or anything either, just seems like the slot is too small.

cajunator

Banned
Giving up for now, trying to work it is just making the stand/her boobs cut into my fingers. Anyone assembled this one already? I'd really rather not try the heatgun method and risk damaging her, my house isn't really cold or anything either, just seems like the slot is too small.

I wont get her for a few days but Ill let you know what my method ends up being.

omlet

Microwave a bowl of water for a minute (just to warm it, not boil) and submerge the plastic in the warm water for a minute and that might help make it more pliable without risking direct heat on the figure. I've done this before and it works like a charm for stubborn nendo pieces. (Obviously do not microwave the figure, only the bowl of water)

Acid08

Banned
seriously contemplating separating all the in stock stuff out from my order so I can ship them now. Fuuuuuuuu. I wish I could calculate how much splitting shipping would be.

Pizza Dog! :D

FYI, There is also an Action Figure thread that may be more in line with your interests.

Thanks for that, I actually kinda forgot we have that thread now. I'll probably go post there too.

But of course, we won't mind more Hawkeye purchases

I'm an equal opportunity figure buyer really, particularly for characters who are not always mains (as in Hawkeye's case, more attention is always brought onto Iron Man, Captain America, Thor and Hulk).

You're still welcome to post here. We post mostly anime figures, but all figures are welcomed.

I do have some non anime figures at home as well.

I know, no worries as I think I may have posted a few non-anime/video game figures (Mostly Hot Toys) in the older threads.

Anyways, next figure is going to be the Lucina figma whenever amiami decides to ship her out.

I know, no worries as I think I may have posted a few non-anime/video game figures (Mostly Hot Toys) in the older threads.

Anyways, next figure is going to be the Lucina figma whenever amiami decides to ship her out.

She's going to get a delayed announcement next week.

*Fingers crossed*

meijiko

Oh hey, new thread. Man I've been out of the loop for a while.

She's going to get a delayed announcement next week.

*Fingers crossed*

I know some people are hoping for it, but I really hope not. If she does, I hope it's not for May. My May is completely fucked as it stands right now.

OOB pics of Kino. I wanted to check her out and make sure everything was good after being sealed in a box for 8 years. Holy fuck, I was terrified the entire time I was assembling her. I had to use the hot water trick on one of her feet because the slot in her foot was too small for the tab in the base. Then the thin, fragile support pole for the smoke wouldn't snap all the way into the base, and it took me about ten minutes to get it all the way in without forcing too hard. The smoke has a hole in the bottom for the support pole, and a tab which inserts into Kino's leg. Although the pole isn't pictured in the promo shots, I didn't want to let it hang just by the tab in her leg. Phew. Finally got her together.

And with that, my most wanted grail has been acquired.

It makes me sad to think her list price was a mere 3800 JPY when she came out in January 2007.

I want to own a hot toys one of these days. Expensive.

I'm more interested in 1:6 military figures but that Jim Raynor and any of the Iron Man/ warmachines.

Nice Xmen shelf Freeza. I'm jelly.

Thanks! :D

I have two DC shelves, too. DC just seems to get more quality bishoujos. I think Marvel is really picky when it comes to final approval on things.

I've been after this for a while now, and believe me when I say that there has never really been a good price for the last five years.

I salute you for pulling the trigger.

Yeah, it was getting to a point where I was tired of waiting. I haven't spent a dime of my tax return, so I could justify a splurge there.

Of course, now GSC will probably announce a re-release next week. You can all thank me then.

really nice. Love the smoke effect on the pistol.

That was one of the things that really attracted me to the figure in the first place, aside from my extravagant love for the series. She's a really likeable heroine that isn't sexualized at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom