• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

tauke

OOB pics of Kino. I wanted to check her out and make sure everything was good after being sealed in a box for 8 years. Holy fuck, I was terrified the entire time I was assembling her. I had to use the hot water trick on one of her feet because the slot in her foot was too small for the tab in the base. Then the thin, fragile support pole for the smoke wouldn't snap all the way into the base, and it took me about ten minutes to get it all the way in without forcing too hard. The smoke has a hole in the bottom for the support pole, and a tab which inserts into Kino's leg. Although the pole isn't pictured in the promo shots, I didn't want to let it hang just by the tab in her leg. Phew. Finally got her together.

And with that, my most wanted grail has been acquired.

It makes me sad to think her list price was a mere 3800 JPY when she came out in January 2007.

Salute your effort to grab it at that price of $220!

Sadly I'm not so fond of the face design hence why I didn't splurge on it when hunting for it at Mandarake since 2011.

Now all I need is a good scale model of her companion aka Hermes the Brough Superior motorcycle.

Just came in today :)

dsc001041qfzvf.jpg

dsc0011219szmi.jpg

dsc001241olx8f.jpg

Ryuuroden

What if.... Just what if..... They go with a real ribbon?

Koto is doing real fishnets for the Anna Williams and Black Canary bishoujos. Why NOT a real ribbon?

how fast till we see ribbon fetish around male neither regions. I shudder at the thought. Please do not provide a real ribbon MF, save us from the horror.

chrono01

how fast till we see ribbon fetish around male neither regions. I shudder at the thought. Please do not provide a real ribbon MF, save us from the horror.
Now there's an image I could have done without. >_<

Well, there was that scene in "Starless", not that I know anything about it of course.

There are a couple of things I'm thinking about ordering from amazon japan they don't ship internationally. I know biginjapan has a forwarding service and I'd tried looking up guides for it but I still feel lost lol Any idiot proof guide to doing it? lol

chrono01

There are a couple of things I'm thinking about ordering from amazon japan they don't ship internationally. I know biginjapan has a forwarding service and I'd tried looking up guides for it but I still feel lost lol Any idiot proof guide to doing it? lol
Yeah, it's super simple. Just purchase a "Forwarding Ticket" after placing your order with Amazon Japan and include the name of the site you're ordering from, the item, etc.

More details can be found here:

http://biginjap.com/en/content/16-forwarding-terms

Forwarding Ticket:

http://biginjap.com/en/forwarding/4061-forwarding-service-ticket.html

You can pay an additional 500 yen for a "Repackaged" option, which means they'll re-box your item so it's more sturdy. Given that Amazon Japan's boxes aren't exactly meant for International travel, it's probably recommended. It's what I've done anyway, since I want the items to reach me safely/undamaged.

For the address, just enter it as directed by BIJ. You can choose to complete the Amazon Japan address form in English or in Japanese, either works.

When the item is shipped out and BIJ receives it, they'll contact you with the shipping cost [as well as the cost for the Forwarding Ticket]. After you pay it, they'll ship the item out to you. It's actually pretty painless.

If you need more help with the exact address specifics, just let me know.

I know someone here made a good walkthrough somewhere in OT4.

Edit: Here's the page I was thinking of.

Yeah, it's super simple. Just purchase a "Forwarding Ticket" after placing your order with Amazon Japan and include the name of the site you're ordering from, the item, etc.

More details can be found here:

http://biginjap.com/en/content/16-forwarding-terms

Forwarding Ticket:

http://biginjap.com/en/forwarding/4061-forwarding-service-ticket.html

You can pay an additional 500 yen for a "Repackaged" option, which means they'll re-box your item so it's more sturdy. Given that Amazon Japan's boxes aren't exactly meant for International travel, it's probably recommended. It's what I've done anyway, since I want the items to reach me safely/undamaged.

For the address, just enter it as directed by BIJ. You can choose to complete the Amazon Japan address form in English or in Japanese, either works.

When the item is shipped out and BIJ receives it, they'll contact you with the shipping cost [as well as the cost for the Forwarding Ticket]. After you pay it, they'll ship the item out to you. It's actually pretty painless.

If you need more help with the exact address specifics, just let me know.

Thanks a bunch for the replies, those images from OT4 really helped as my biggest fear was screwing up when entering bij's address to amazon.

Last question. At the end of the BiJ forwarding page it says "If you wish to combine items from different orders, it is possible but we can only keep your items in storage for a maximum of 1 month." does that mean if I order from multiple sellers on amazon and have them shipped to BiJ I only need to buy 1 forwarding ticket? and then can just pay an extra 500yen to have all the packages reboxed into one by them? Thanks

chrono01

Thanks a bunch for the replies, those images from OT4 really helped as my biggest fear was screwing up when entering bij's address to amazon.

Last question. At the end of the BiJ forwarding page it says "If you wish to combine items from different orders, it is possible but we can only keep your items in storage for a maximum of 1 month." does that mean if I order from multiple sellers on amazon and have them shipped to BiJ I only need to buy 1 forwarding ticket? and then can just pay an extra 500yen to have all the packages reboxed into one by them? Thanks
Correct. It's similar to AmiAmi in that regard. As long as the items are released [and received] in the same month you can consolidate all of them into a single order from BIJ. Just make su to list all of the item specifics when you order your Forwarding Ticket.

Correct. It's similar to AmiAmi in that regard. As long as the items are released [and received] in the same month you can consolidate all of them into a single order from BIJ. Just make su to list all of the item specifics when you order your Forwarding Ticket.

Thanks again. So to be safe I should label each item from amazon japan, copy the kanji name of the item and copy the sellers name for each item?

kierwynn

I just ordered from them and did this and it was easy mode. I ordered from multiple sellers, too, and neglected to buy a repackaging ticket and they did it for me anyway and just charged the 500 yen. lol The guide on their site really is pretty easy- what I did to make address entering easier is I switched to the site in Japanese just to put in the address and save it (it kept coming up wrong in English), then switched to the site in English once the address was saved, that way i could just select the address and not have to worry about it. (the rest of the process is far easier in English)

Thanks again. So to be safe I should label each item from amazon japan, copy the kanji name of the item and copy the sellers name for each item?

You don't even need the seller's name. I listed each item in English then copy and pasted what was on amazon. Just make sure you have the items listed and that the name you use is the same as on your account.

chrono01

Yeah, include as much information as you can. As long as your Amazon Japan shipping name matches your BIJ account name, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

When I used the service, I included the name of the site "Amazon Japan" and the name of the item as listed on the site. If you're purchasing from a third-party seller, definitely include that too.

raven777

Oh Max Factory is making Hestia figure? I wonder when Alter will make one...

I might be interested in MF one if it turns out good.

kierwynn

Oh Max Factory is making Hestia figure? I wonder when Alter will make one...

I might be interested in MF one if it turns out good.

I'm interested if it doesn't cost an arm and a leg tho lbr it will
I really shouldn't fool myself into thinking I won't get it anyway especially when I just ordered their expensive Plamya figure lol

In a surprise twist, Orchid Seed will be releasing a cast-off
ribbon
Hestia!

They'd probably make so much money. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom