• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

cajunator

Banned
I'm salty as fuck that *insert my favorite character* didn't get this much attention when her anime came out.

Not salty just disappointed.
companies are leaving a lot of money on the table.
but I understand they make what most people want.
unfortunately its Griffon that makes most of the obscure ones (and crushes dreams)

Acid08

Banned
jMLdXXq.png

Payment request get! This is everything in my April order besides Sepang Miku and the LL notebooks. Saved about $12 using my debit card instead of Paypal. Fucking awesome that I know I have this option now.

is there anywhere you can buy chiaki at the moment? also, lol at the fact i had a couple mandarake tabs open and i refreshed them to see if they were still in stock and the price went up.

edit: or did they? if i search for the item it comes up at the price i originally saw.

another edit: anyone that bought chiaki, how much was shipping?

chrono01

jMLdXXq.png

Payment request get! This is everything in my April order besides Sepang Miku and the LL notebooks. Saved about $12 using my debit card instead of Paypal. Fucking awesome that I know I have this option now.
Nicely done!

is there anywhere you can buy chiaki at the moment? also, lol at the fact i had a couple mandarake tabs open and i refreshed them to see if they were still in stock and the price went up.
HLJ still has her available for 12k yen.

https://www.hlj.com/product/PHT57453/Fig

Also N-Y for 10,420 yen, if you don't mind using them.

https://www.nippon-yasan.com/figure...2-sayonara-zetsubou-gakuen-nanami-chiaki.html

edit: or did they? if i search for the item it comes up at the price i originally saw.

Is it swapping between the English and Japanese site listing? That happened to me last week. I think the price on the Japanese listing includes some tax or something that you don't pay outside of Japan.

Is it swapping between the English and Japanese site listing? That happened to me last week. I think the price on the Japanese listing includes some tax or something that you don't pay outside of Japan.

i think that might be it, since chrome auto translated.

is there a problem with them?

Apparently this has been up since March 1st but I just noticed now that the 2015 "personal sponsorships" for GoodSmile Racing are currently available
Figma http://gsr-global.ecq.sc/figma-course.html
Nendoroid http://gsr-global.ecq.sc/nendoroid-course.html

Hmm I like the Racing Miku design for this year (didn't like 2014). Think I'm gonna get it (and probably never get to watch the actual races lol).

This year's racing Miku is great. Max Factory has released Figma versions of horses in the past, and so we're really hoping there will be a version of 2015 Racing Miku's Mecha-horse released as well.

But let me ask, have you seen 2015 Racing Miku Mirai Ver.?

I think she's fantastic. I've had her on pre-order since her announcement.

There's also an EV Mirai version, but I wasn't as impressed with her.

chrono01

is there a problem with them?
I haven't had an issue with them personally, but a user here [phoenix] pre-ordered a Snow Miku Nendoroid from them and received a counterfeit. After many emails sent back-and-forth, they finally offered him a replacement of another Nendoroid of equal/lesser value from their site.

As I said, all of the items I've received from them have been legit, and they shipped them out in a prompt manner. So it's up to you whether you want to take the risk or not. Personally, I think it was more of a supplier issue than with N-Y themselves [N-Y clearly didn't order from GSC directly for the Snow Miku Nendoroid, at least not for the one phoenix received], but the way they insisted that it wasn't their fault kind of irritated me. It's not as though phoenix didn't supply enough proof...

Basically, this is why I'm hesitant to recommend them to others.

I just ordered from them and did this and it was easy mode. I ordered from multiple sellers, too, and neglected to buy a repackaging ticket and they did it for me anyway and just charged the 500 yen. lol The guide on their site really is pretty easy- what I did to make address entering easier is I switched to the site in Japanese just to put in the address and save it (it kept coming up wrong in English), then switched to the site in English once the address was saved, that way i could just select the address and not have to worry about it. (the rest of the process is far easier in English)

You don't even need the seller's name. I listed each item in English then copy and pasted what was on amazon. Just make sure you have the items listed and that the name you use is the same as on your account.

Yeah, include as much information as you can. As long as your Amazon Japan shipping name matches your BIJ account name, it shouldn't be too much of a problem, but it's better to be safe than sorry.

When I used the service, I included the name of the site "Amazon Japan" and the name of the item as listed on the site. If you're purchasing from a third-party seller, definitely include that too.

Thanks a bunch for the help! I'll be placing my order this weekend and will get some items I never thought I'd be able to get lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note I got the soundtrack disks for a old anime with really beautiful music that I love cheap on ebay!

cajunator

Banned
Thanks a bunch for the help! I'll be placing my order this weekend and will get some items I never thought I'd be able to get lol
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

On a side note I got the soundtrack disks for a old anime with really beautiful music that I love cheap on ebay!

Which soundtrack?

Ahhh shit. I like that series. I collected a full boxset of it.
Wow somebody actually remembers it.
Youre alright :)

Thanks! :p
I have the thinkpack set maybe one day I'll try and find the big box set lol
Shame that the manga never got finished I have volumes 1-13 which were released but as far as I know the english manga never was finished.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
EDIT: Another new OT! Have fun guys. Just don't mention amiibo or you'll get ganged up on.
Wow. This guy seems to have edited every post he made in this thread. No idea what happened but considering he has now made this the new first reply isn't very flattering to this community and frankly it's a lie. I've seen no examples of ganging up on members. People may make fun of some Amiibos but the same can be said of other figurines. No honest man can say they are not ripe for mocking because there are aspects of them that are funny like Marth's promo photo face or Link's urine stand, but remember, it's the figurines people are mocking not the fans. If you honestly find that offensive I might suggest just not browsing the web because someone is no doubt going to post an innocent opinion you find offensive.

MSMrRound

Remember the Sinon figma that I posted a couple of days back?

Apparently that was only part 1 of my birthday surprise.

Didn't really expect my colleagues to get me Chiaki as well. Dang it guys. It's like I'm a open book.
yes, you guys can avatar quote me anytime now

cajunator

Banned
My dad is kind of funny.
not that what I buy is his business but he is always lecturing me about "not wasting money on worthless items". He was talking this morning about his new amllifier for his ham radio setup and the vacuum tube supply for them. He is buying up tubes because they are very limited supply thus the price is going up (sound familiar?)
Yet he refuses to recognize that a lot of figurines are limited and coveted by collectors and also going significantly up in price. But nevermind that because theyre just plastic toys.

Theonik

My dad is kind of funny.
not that what I buy is his business but he is always lecturing me about "not wasting money on worthless items". He was talking this morning about his new amllifier for his ham radio setup and the vacuum tube supply for them. He is buying up tubes because they are very limited supply thus the price is going up (sound familiar?)
Yet he refuses to recognize that a lot of figurines are limited and coveted by collectors and also going significantly up in price. But nevermind that because theyre just plastic toys.
He's kinda right they are not the same thing at all. Provided he's doing cool things with the radio.

cajunator

Banned
He's kinda right they are not the same thing at all. Provided he's doing cool things with the radio.

My point is figures have a decent resale value in many cases similar to those vacuum tubes. Those amps are mainly used for hobby purposes same as figures. Both can hold value due to limited availability.
The radios are used as long distance communication mainly as a hobby.

Theonik

Like talking to a group of people about the hobby he likes and other random topics?

Can't say I see the similarities either.
Sure. I am not saying he has any right to say what Cajun spends his money on or that Cajun isn't getting any value from collecting these objects.
However figures having a very low intrinsic value is true, whereas you can do productive things with radio equipment.

My point is figures have a decent resale value in many cases similar to those vacuum tubes. Those amps are mainly used for hobby purposes same as figures. Both can hold value due to limited availability.
The radios are used as long distance communication mainly as a hobby.
He's not buying them to resell though, then again neither do you. It's a common pitfall of this mentality of 'saving money' only that in his case he has a point because parts are inherently expendable and get increasingly scarce so it factors into his investment.
Figure, game, book etc etc which are collector hobbies work in a different way on a fundamental level. It's apples and oranges.

I just pre-ordered this guy!
300290-joker-arkham-asylum-003.jpg

I was looking through my figures and statues and realized I did not have a single villain. And when I saw this I just had to have it. He won't arrive until Mid 2016 so it gives me some time to save up.

cajunator

Banned
Sure. I am not saying he has any right to say what Cajun spends his money on or that Cajun isn't getting any value from collecting these objects.
However figures having a very low intrinsic value is true, whereas you can do productive things with radio equipment.

He's not buying them to resell though, then again neither do you. It's a common pitfall of this mentality of 'saving money' only that in his case he has a point because parts are inherently expendable and get increasingly scarce so it factors into his investment.
Figure, game, book etc etc which are collector hobbies work in a different way on a fundamental level.

Radio equipment does the same thing you or I would do with skype for fractions of the cost of that equipment. In the past it would have been incredibly useful sure but now theres also family radio, pc communication , etc. Its just a hobby at this point.
In any case, its a different kind of collection and use but still both are hobbies.
but regardless, He really has no business telling me at my age how to spend money.

tauke

Luckily my dad has no qualms with my interest. Although my mom still like to poke fun of me calling it as Japanese dolls lol.

Talking about hobbies, my dad really into tools/gadgets to fix car while my mom love to collect cooking magazine (she never cook any of the recipe from 99.99% of her collection lol).

Zerojul

I just pre-ordered this guy!
300290-joker-arkham-asylum-003.jpg

I was looking through my figures and statues and realized I did not have a single villain. And when I saw this I just had to have it. He won't arrive until Mid 2016 so it gives me some time to save up.
Nice. Very nice. So many awesome PFs, I mustn't dip into those.

Theonik

Radio equipment does the same thing you or I would do with skype for fractions of the cost of that equipment. In the past it would have been incredibly useful sure but now theres also family radio, pc communication , etc. Its just a hobby at this point.
In any case, its a different kind of collection and use but still both are hobbies.
but regardless, He really has no business telling me at my age how to spend money.
Eh, I agree with you though, it's pretty normal and fairly low in the parent meddling scale lol
From his perspective he is trying to pass on valuable life advice to you.

He'll show you when the apocalypse comes, though.
I knew my fallout shelter was not built in vain!

antibolo

Banned
Ever since I started collecting figures, any friend or relative who has visited my apartment has never passed a single comment about them so far. I find it quite surprising (and kinda disappointing).

Muzicfreq

Banned
Ever since I started collecting figures, any friend or relative who has visited my apartment has never passed a single comment about them so far. I find it quite surprising (and kinda disappointing).

They do
behind your back
zdBY6CK.gif

JK. My mom knows that I'm into anime and stuff, she rather that than something else like drugs and shit.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Unexpected arrival today, DHL said she'd be delivered on Monday but nope gamer girl had to arrive today, normally I'd be real happy but I was playing Dark Souls 2, was at the Iron Keep entering the fog door for Smelter when the door bell rang, in short I died for Nanami...

Anyway bunch of pics:

I think she's a bit rougher around the edges, was a huge pain in the ass to assemble, had to get the hairdryer out, has really bad hair seam lines (then again so did kirigiri) but she's still awesome, and the mini game console/wired poseable controllers and cables are super awesome. I've got her at eye level so it'll hide most of her flaws. If Kirigiri was an A+ this is a B-...

And some update shots of some of my shelves:

Bonus shot Looking down on all of creation:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom