• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
I'm so relieved I didn't hesitate in pre-ordering that Sansei Muramasa [Racing Ver.] from HLJ yesterday. She's on "Order Stop" again and sold out everywhere. Her newest picture really showcases her changed face. It's so much better now. I'm a little worried, considering this is my first Orca Toys figure, but from what I've read they're pretty consistent with their quality.

Here's a before/after picture of her face improvement.

4eZTiKu.jpg

Come to me, Sansei Muramasa.

It kind of looks like a shadow/lighting/angle change more than a different sculpt to me. It's hard to tell.

chrono01

Except that I've never seen an episode of Fate / Stay Night in my life.

I really like the Mordred Saber coming out next month, though.
That bike, though.

It kind of looks like a shadow/lighting/angle change more than a different sculpt to me.
Could be, hard to say. Either the lightning in the original images were poor, or the lightning in the new images are deceiving. Or maybe the sculpt really was altered slightly? One way to know for sure? ALL OF MY MONEY!

Her cheeks don't look as "puffy", but again, could just be the lightning/angle.

chrono01

I know. I like it. But 18k is a lot.
It is. I can understand your hesitation, that's a lot of $$$.

All I can say is that the sculpt is great. I honestly like the bike more than Saber herself. Her box is pretty big too, so you're probably looking at around 5k yen [EMS] to have her shipped.

But yeah, that money.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus
Could be, hard to say. Either the lightning in the original images were poor, or the lightning in the new images are deceiving. Or maybe the sculpt really was altered slightly? One way to know for sure? ALL OF MY MONEY!

Her cheeks don't look as "puffy", but again, could just be the lightning/angle.

She looks amazing otherwise. I've definitely been tempted, and I'm tempted on the blue variant.

chrono01

I just got Kino, and I'm happy to have her.

My issue with older figures is that as soon as I get one I've wanted, I subconsciously start looking for my next one.
It can be a slippery slope.

She looks amazing otherwise. I've definitely been tempted, and I'm tempted on the blue variant.
Yeah, the blue variant looks good. Actually, I like the red variant even more than the blue, since I feel the color suits her better [considering her standard/default outfit is red to begin with]. She's probably going to be an exclusive, though. I just have a feeling.

Got 2 boxes from Ami today.

First up is Figurearts Zero Asuka.

I really like her base. She is small and has a few blemishes but I think it's the best figure of Asuka in uniform and am suprisingly happy with her. I will have to strategically display her due to size though.

Now Phat Hibari.

The Phat Senrans are definitely my favorite. I wish they would have finished Hanzo. I like Hibari's first pose the best.

All my Senrans together. I still need the Phat Ikaruga and a Yagyuu.

Now Nendo Alleyne.

She's cute. Not really much else to say. Alleyne is the best from Queens Blade.

Nendo battle.

The victor.

Now Bishoujo Psylocke.

What can I say besides she's great. I would have rather got the blue one but I wasn't going to pay for it. I'm a little annoyed that the scabbard is bent but hopefully the blow dryer can fix that.

Both my X-Ladies together.

When I saw the 2 last year I definitely liked Jubilee better. Now that I see them both I really don't know.

chrono01

I hear you. I just want to focus on future releases now, though.
Same.

There are so many past figures I'd love to own, but a lot of them are ridiculously expensive and, with the possibility of re-releases, I'm really hesitant to spend the money on them. I'd much rather concentrate on future/upcoming releases, especially since a good number of the sculpts have improved over time.

The increase in cost means I won't be able to get every figure that interests me, however. Some decisions must be made. I do have a small list in my head of ones I'll be purchasing with absolute fact. The others will depend on their price, as well as month of release.

Now Phat Hibari.

The Phat Senrans are definitely my favorite. I wish the would have finished Hanzo. I like Hibari's first pose the best.

All my Senrans together. I still need the Phat Ikaruga and a Yagyuu.
Nice job on picking up Hibari, she's great. As you said, all of Phat Company's Senran Kagura line are well-picking up, and they're well-priced too.

You also need Alter's Asuka, if you don't already own her. Best of luck to you, sir!

Acid08

Banned
You just described this entire hobby, Chrono-kun.
I feel like I'm the poster child for this.

Most of what I've been buying are past releases. There's just so much stuff that I missed out on. Thankfully I've been pretty lucky finding things for prices that aren't totally crazy. Also been lucky finding older figures like the Koto Takaya Noriko I got and LOVE. Now though I'd like to focus on future releases too.

I think I might try to get the GSC Hitagi though. That might be the most expensive thing I get.

I feel like I'm the poster child for this.

Most of what I've been buying are past releases. There's just so much stuff that I missed out on. Thankfully I've been pretty lucky finding things for prices that aren't totally crazy. Also been lucky finding older figures like the Koto Takaya Noriko I got and LOVE. Now though I'd like to focus on future releases too.

I think I might try to get the GSC Hitagi though. That might be the most expensive thing I get.

I've caught up to most of the things that I missed out on, before I entered this game. Now I can hopefully stay focused on newer releases.

Now Bishoujo Psylocke.

What can I say besides she's great. I would have rather got the blue one but I wasn't going to pay for it. I'm a little annoyed that the scabbard is bent but hopefully the blow dryer can fix that.

Both my X-Ladies together.

When I saw the 2 last year I definitely liked Jubilee better. Now that I see them both I really don't know.

Good catch. Psylocke is my fav of the Koto bishoujos.

arue

Well seeing as he is one of the worst MCs ever just buy something else. Easy!
I get a feeling that I should finish reading the manga first before I preorder the figure... We'll see!

------

My April has been smooth sailing with no preorders or preowned items, until I saw this on Jungle...
I just realized that she doesn't come with the piano because I got the 381b version T_T.

FigureGAF, I have a confession.

Previously I shunned Zombine's recomendation for a Mezco Batman DKR Figure.

After watching the Batman v Superman trailer and realizing that prices for the other DKR variations aren't gonna go down anytime soon I ended up pulling the trigger on Zombine's link at Amazon.

Thanks Zombine...can't wait to get it, yo. =)

Bloodember

Ordered three Miku's from amiami.com Wednesday, they tried delivering today, but of course no one was awake when they tried, so I'll have to wait till Monday to get them. I wasn't expecting that fast of delivery time, 3 days from Japan to Ohio is fantastic.

FigureGAF, I have a confession.

Previously I shunned Zombine's recomendation for a Mezco Batman DKR Figure.

After watching the Batman v Superman trailer and realizing that prices for the other DKR variations aren't gonna go down anytime soon I ended up pulling the trigger on Zombine's link at Amazon.

Thanks Zombine...can't wait to get it, yo. =)

Good job. It's actually a pretty cool looking Batman. That is my favorite color scheme of Batman. I don't want any Batman figures but if I did I'd have jumped on it.

chrono01

Ordered three Miku's from amiami.com Wednesday, they tried delivering today, but of course no one was awake when they tried, so I'll have to wait till Monday to get them. I wasn't expecting that fast of delivery time, 3 days from Japan to Ohio is fantastic.
Fastune Miku.

I'd love if I got that kind of speed with my figure that's coming in, that's ludicrous speed.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Lytepls. Too much crude lewd, etc.

image.php

So someone here DID buy that peach.
And put it next to the Nintendo games!

Of course I did! That figure is hilariously-awesome. Sometimes I put it in photos for Nintendo-related pick-ups for awkward forum reactions. XD

14021172958_686761d194_c.jpg

Whoa, is that one of the Witchblade Masane Amaha figures? I see you decided to forgo the base. I bought the Alter one, myself. Love it.

Yeah. You can use the base with logo or the pillow-thing instead. I like the figure better laying down. The base makes it too vertical. I also have the Organic figure boxed up and a bootleg of the Alter one. Had no idea it was fake until I got it. It's small and looks kind of shitty.

RMI

Banned
Gah want to buy princess bitch badly but I'm pretty sure my wife would really hate it haha. She's hilarious though!

Bombless

Btw, if you aren't resting her crown upon the royal derriere, you are displaying PB wrong!
Because the bloody thing falls off her head for, like, no reason.

Muzicfreq

Banned
image.php

Of course I did! That figure is hilariously-awesome. Sometimes I put it in photos for Nintendo-related pick-ups for awkward forum reactions. XD

14021172958_686761d194_c.jpg

Yeah. You can use the base with logo or the pillow-thing instead. I like the figure better laying down. The base makes it too vertical. I also have the Organic figure boxed up and a bootleg of the Alter one. Had no idea it was fake until I got it. It's small and looks kind of shitty.

Ycl8PwD.gif

Not sure if I should get this one or wait for the one Max Factory is making. Hopefully a prototype is out for the Max Factory one before the FREEing one goes on sale.

We both know Max Factory is going to be both higher quality and higher price. I would figure out just how much you like the character, first. She didn't really come into her own until the end of story mode.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom