• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bombless

Hi, FigureGAF. I need to apologise. When I was lurking I picked up a 2020 Samurai from a link in one of the threads (I think OT2?) before we found out she was getting a recolour and while the prices were still reasonably sane. Nobody else had shown up to claim her, but I felt kind of bad.

Why feel bad? You don't like her?

hIE1410952328.jpeg

Will she actually come out next month? Wait, don't answer that :D
Holy shit, that's beautiful. This is the first Miku that Id even like having. &o&

dani_dc

dat Jojo

I haven't seen what any of those articulated Jojo figures look like outside of official pictures, but they actually don't look too bad.

Yeah, looks pretty fine for 30 euros I'd say, hard to resist

You should probably read the manga tho, Joseph is still the best there,
until part 4 that is.

I'm enjoying the anime a lot, it's basically the only anime I have to look forward weekly, the amount of JoJo figures in Japan does tempt me to go read the series so I can start buying more, but I'll keep resisting for the moment.

It's almost every character in the whole series. It's fucking awesome, but it ends up being one of the reasons why it's not brought over to the west often.

Yeah, it's hilarious when you have characters called Esidisi (AC/DC).
Regarding the west, I would say it's mostly paranoia from publishers, I doubt anyone is going to sue over a character name or that they'd even have a legal case considering the context of the use of the name is completely different.

Crunchyroll/Viz seem to be working around it by changing names (usually to different musical references) though.

Yeah, they started publishing the Jojonium volumes as well, but some of the character redesigns are just unbearable.

Thankfully the redesigns are limited to the boxart, so it shouldn't have any bearing in reading the actual manga (though the art in the first parts can certainly be off putting to some).

I do too. My only knowledge of it right now is cause of my fiance- he's a big Jojo fan.

He's clearly a man of good taste, the adaptation is really good so I'd recommend it. First season suffers from some budget issues, but they really managed to work around it pretty decently all things considering, the adaptation had no business being as great as it was with the budget it had.

Hi, FigureGAF. I need to apologise. When I was lurking I picked up a 2020 Samurai from a link in one of the threads (I think OT2?) before we found out she was getting a recolour and while the prices were still reasonably sane. Nobody else had shown up to claim her, but I felt kind of bad.

*shrug* Nothing to apologize for. The items posted aren't on reserve or anything. Most of us have had things bought out from under us, but that'w just the nature of the aftermarket. I don't think anyone was jumping at the chance to buy a 20k figure.

Bombless

She's really popular, and back then harder to come by, so it was kind of like I was depriving someone else. I'm certainly happy with the figure herself, and with the recolour out I'm sure everyone else is too.

Hehe don't worry about it. I doubt anyone here would ever feel deprived of a figure if anyone bought it before them. At that moment sure, but I haven't seen anyone here fret over it beyond the usual jokingly melodramatic wails we all post when the Sold Out cruelty is inflicted upon us.

She's really popular, and back then harder to come by, so it was kind of like I was depriving someone else. I'm certainly happy with the figure herself, and with the recolour out I'm sure everyone else is too.

Yours by right of conquest man. Don't feel bad. I'm sure there's still a good amount floating around the market if anyone really wanted her.

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

There's nothing to feel bad about at all. Welcome to the thread.

Welcome. Hope you like her I definitely am happy with my recolor version. Don't feel bad about it. Hell most of the time links consist of the poster saying "someone buy this figure so I don't make bad decisions."

dani_dc

Welcome. Hope you like her I definitely am happy with my recolor version. Don't feel bad about it. Hell most of the time links consist of the poster saying "someone buy this figure so I don't make bad decisions."

Yeah, if someone posted a link before ordering the figure chances are it was a call for help.

MSMrRound

Still new to this figure collecting stuff.

Finally decided to sit my ass down and start taking out the Devil Homura kuji A prize figure, Sinon figma and of course, the Chiaki that my colleagues surprised me with yesterday.

Press Start button. Really liked the Monokuma base, with a bit of a weighty feel on it.

Assembled. Whew. That went better than I thought it would...was always afraid that I was prone to exerting too much strength on some of the parts...

Finally have a couple of decent sized figures...next to some of my random mish-mash (not pictured: my Estelle (Trails in the Sky) and Imca (Valkyria Chronicles 3) nendo).

Guess if I'm gonna start with this, I have to look at buying a glass display case or something...next figure I'm probably gonna go for will likely be Alter's Alisha (Tales of Zestiria). Gotta wait for my paycheck at the start of next month first though!

Yeah, if someone posted a link before ordering the figure chances are it was a call for help.

I've done that. Like a "SOMEONE PLEASE BUY THIS SO I DON'T."

Sometimes I just post things that might be of interest to people. But never anything I legit intend to buy. I keep secrets in those cases.

I do too. My only knowledge of it right now is cause of my fiance- he's a big Jojo fan.

Watch it with him and start bonding over Jojo. It's super more romantic than it sounds.

Finally decided to sit my ass down and start taking out the Devil Homura kuji A prize figure, Sinon figma and of course, the Chiaki that my colleagues surprised me with yesterday.

Press Start button. Really liked the Monokuma base, with a bit of a weighty feel on it.

Assembled. Whew. That went better than I thought it would...was always afraid that I was prone to exerting too much strength on some of the parts...

Finally have a couple of decent sized figures...next to some of my random mish-mash (not pictured: my Estelle (Trails in the Sky) and Imca (Valkyria Chronicles 3) nendo).

Guess if I'm gonna start with this, I have to look at buying a glass display case or something...next figure I'm probably gonna go for will likely be Alter's Alisha (Tales of Zestiria). Gotta wait for my paycheck at the start of next month first though!

Man, for a new collector you've got some awesome non-newbie figs there.

kewlmyc

WHERE DID YOU GET THAT KIRKHAMMER!?!?

Acid08

Banned

Nice collection! Love the One Piece figures!

Awoken Hera-Ur
Today’s main feature…!
o0515032913275081895.jpg

Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

Today’s blog begins with a rather sexy first image!
A sexy body that belongs to none other than…
o0515048413277013946.jpg

From the popular puzzle RPG ‘Puzzle & Dragons’ comes a 1/8th scale figure of Awoken Hera-Ur! The figure sits on a stand featuring the Puzzle & Dragons emblem, with her beautiful blue body as well as the powerful flaming effects around her all faithfully sculpted into figure form.

Various parts of the figure make use of translucent parts and golden paint for a very high-class appearance that suits Hera-Ur’s demeanor. The huge wings and long flowing hair also give the figure an impressive size that differentiates her from other figures of the same scale!
Oooooooooooohhh!! (´□`。)

From the popular game ‘Puzzles & Dragons’, better known as ‘Pazudora’ comes a scale figure of the monster ‘Awoken Hera-Ur‘!

She’s so… big!!!
o0515083813275080824.jpg

So very, very big!!

This is how she looks from the back! ♪
o0515046113275081144.jpg

Look at her long, full hair and it’s lovely curls! Plus those wings!

The red color scheme of both the hair and wings also matches with the orange-red effects that are dancing around her to create a really impressive scene! Also note the details that have gone into the accessories such as the purple crown on her head or the bracelets on her arms! ヽ(*・ω・)人(・ω・*)ノ
o0515062513275080339.jpg

Plus perhaps the most important thing is the charming blue skin and stunning flame effects! The shadows that from the light of the flame have also been painted into the figure, giving her a even more sensual body!

If we take a closer look at the back from another angle, you’ll notice…
o0515055813275080821.jpg

You get a nice look at the nape of her neck! ♡

It’s hidden behind her hair if you look from another angle, but the ability to look from any angle you please is what makes figures so very special!

The illustration is a little taller than the illustration from the game, and in a slightly different pose… but that mysterious and cunning expression on her face has been kept perfectly! (`・ω・´)ゞ
o0515079713275081143.jpg
Think these weren't posted.

Welcome and make yourself comfortable and make a MFC account to keep track of your collecting ;P, nice picture =D

antibolo

Banned
Decided to take a few pictures of my collection today:

Some closeups of that shelf follows...

First, the Miku stage, with Mitchie M's The Greatest Idol album in the back:
MIKUDAYO DON'T TOUCH THAT BALL

Ahem, sorry. Here's the Kill la Kill Nendoroid mini-diorama (with the KlK soundtrack as backdrop):

And here's Racing Miku 2013 and Rachel Alucard chilling besides some space cowboys:

On another shelf there's some intense four-way P4A fight going on:

That's it for now. Not shown above is my Mikasa figma, which is lacking appropriate space to put her on right now.

NEO0MJ

Reposting the pics of my collection from the action figure thread.

Man, I need more space. Problem is I don't have enough room for a third detolf. Not without Changing the location of everything in my room. In fact, lack of space is one of the reasons I don't buy as much anymore. Nothing worse than just storing figures in a box. Might as well just download a picture of a boxed figure and save it in my computer.

Dear Sideshow Toys,

I am currently in need of Star Wars: The Force Awakens waifu statues. Please hurry a solution to retail as soon as possible, you're my only hope.

Acid08

Banned

Man, I need more space. Problem is I don't have enough room for a third detolf. Not without Changing the location of everything in my room. In fact, lack of space is one of the reasons I don't buy as much anymore. Nothing worse than just storing figures in a box. Might as well just download a picture of a boxed figure and save it in my computer.
Is that the SoC Gunbuster? Fuck that thing is cool. Way too expensive for me though, thankfully the SRC is good too.

NEO0MJ

Is that the SoC Gunbuster? Fuck that thing is cool. Way too expensive for me though, thankfully the SRC is good too.

Yes, yes it is. I got it for a decent price, though unfortunately I broke the bottom panels of the forearm. You're supposed to e ale to remove them in order to put it in the crossed arm pose but when I tried to do that the clips just snapped.

That Metal Gear Rex and Space Ship Yamato looks so good.

kiunchbb

www.dictionary.com

Oh my god, the Metal Gear and Yamato look awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom