• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muzicfreq

Banned
woah creepy yet not bad... BUT THAT IS NOT MIKU -_-
FIG-DOL-6882.jpg

2012 Racing Preowned
FIG-MOE-8486.jpg

Einbroch

Banned
Pre-owned is strange to me. Don't you guys ever wonder what the previous owner did with the figure?

Gonna try and tiptoe around the issue without being gross.

If someone did something naughty to my figure, and AmiAmi rates it a B or above, then I can't be bothered to care. Any evidence has been thoroughly cleaned to the point where there is nothing left. Onto more tasteful topics, if it has smoke smell, they'll tell you. If it has animal smell, they'll tell you. Everything else doesn't matter because...well...it doesn't matter. You're getting a figure that essentially looks like it was opened and placed on a shelf.

Dunno, preowned doesn't bother me, even if someone did bad things to the figure. As long as third parties clean them and tell me they're okay, I'm okay.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
Pre-owned is strange to me. Don't you guys ever wonder what the previous owner did with the figure?

Put it on a shelf, let it get a bit dusty, got tired of it, dusted it off a bit, repackaged it and then sold it to the second hand retailer of their choosing.

Not at all. I try to assume most collectors are not the worst case scenario and are not following the small group of disgusting people that do things to their figures.

Put it on a shelf, let it get a bit dusty, got tired of it, dusted it off a bit, repackaged it and then sold it to the second hand retailer of their choosing.

Pretty much this and what Ein said.

I still find it funny when lewd figures are sold and adevertised as stained.

Theonik

Always worth the discount as long as it's B and above, for me.

B+/C is the perfect rating for the price. B/C is second best, followed by B/B.
Depends on why it's C for me. C is very dubious in AmiAmi, since they don't say why so I avoid it. Will buy a C equivalent for box on Mandarake as long as it's not something I mind. If it's a separated window for instance it's a 2 minute glue fix for large savings.

Depends on why it's C for me. C is very dubious in AmiAmi, since they don't say why so I avoid it. Will buy a C equivalent for box on Mandarake as long as it's not something I mind. If it's a separated window for instance it's a 2 minute glue fix for large savings.

I love when it's C and down below it will say "missing clear file, figure is an A" or missing some random extra it came with.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
A lot of what is "pre-owned" on Mandarake or AmiAmi has never been opened anyway, or even sold (just stock with minor damage).

kewlmyc

lol Some people on MFC flipping out about Lucina delay. Yeah, delays sucks, but it'll be okay...

It seems a lot of people's first "major" figure is the Lucina figma if that thread a while back is of any truth. They probably aren't all that familiar with GSC's last notice delays.

Alright so someone answered my prayers. Probably Hestia.

4 of the 5 items in this month's order has been delayed. Maybe I should spend my saved money on other figures.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
Tin foil hat: manufacturers purposefully delay figures so that people buy extra stuff to get their monthly quota of figures.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom