• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
hey guys what's going o-

JDBgpb5.gif

Look who we got here. A wiiiiise guy. So, you like Amiibos, eh? Fancy yourself some of those, whatcha call 'em, Nintendo characters? Well, we's around here don't like yous guys and yous Peaches. Mario? My uncle's Mario, and he ain't no plumba'. Disrespect like that won't be tolerated, will it boys?

On a random note, remember the conversation many moons ago about figures at work? Just for laughs, I took a picture of my desk as it sits now after 3+ weeks of straight crunch. You should've seen it before I took the BB figures home:

Uraizen

Banned
On a random note, remember the conversation many moons ago about figures at work? Just for laughs, I took a picture of my desk as it sits now after 3+ weeks of straight crunch. You should've seen it before I took the BB figures home:

I figured that was you when I saw it on twitter.

What does that sign say in the back? That mousepad.

RMI

Banned

Baller assed desk. You guys hiring any biologists?

antibolo

Banned
Man I wish I worked in an office where it would be culturally acceptable to put figures on my desk. Right now I don't feel comfortable enough to do it.

Man I wouldn't trust expensive figures on my desk at work. once I get my cubicle I'll probably put a figma and Nendoroid but that's it.

You should watch the Idolm@ster spinoff Puchimas!

EDIT: There are hardly any figures to be tempted by!

It's not that I don't want to be tempted by figures, but I'm just not into the whole cute idol girl...genre(?). I guess the only exception to this was K-ON!, but I even lost interest in that.

Would probably check out Puchimas because of your avatar's endless well of uselfulnes ITT.

antibolo

Banned
Man I wouldn't trust expensive figures on my desk at work. once I get my cubicle I'll probably put a figma and Nendoroid but that's it.

An articulated figure sounds like a bad idea because then some less considerate coworkers might be tempted to mess around with it (change pose, etc.) and possibly break something, or lose a part, or just stain it with their dumbass hands. If I ever gather the courage to take a figure to work, it will be a scale figure.

It's not that I don't want to be tempted by figures, but I'm just not into the whole cute idol girel...genre(?). I guess the only exception to this was K-ON!, but I even lost interest in that.

I watched the original Idolmaster anime a while back on Crunchyroll, at first just ironically ("lol idol management games are weird") but then a few episodes in I got totally hooked, it's really well done and pretty decently written.

RMI

Banned

I don't think people would mess with the stuff on my desk, but I still wouldn't bring figures into work. It's just not really appropriate for this environment. I mean, we're pretty casual (i'm wearing a t-shirt with a big green dinosaur on it and it says "all my friends are dead"), but I think it would be pretty weird to have a scale fig of some anime bimbo all up on my desk. I could probably get away with bringing in my Luigi nendo or something, but I mostly try to not draw attention to myself here.

The one thing I do have is the soft rubber miku keychain that came with my 2013 racing miku figma. I have that hanging off the side of my computer.

Not worried about theft here; there's only 14 of us and we're all united in a common cause (survival). And the sign is "No Peeking"; we made them for AX when Agarest 2 came out.

As for the mouse pad, it was the first freebie I got when I started as an editor at XSEED. Tecmo was down the street at the time and we used to hang out. They knew I was a DOA player so I got a lot of the random promotional stuff they had lying around.

I'd use the boobie mouse pad we made for Agarest Wars 1, but I never got one... T^T

Muzicfreq

Banned
I turst no one. If I ever have an office job my figures would stay at home still. I might get some other form of anime stuff though that if lost doesn't hurt the wallet.

I wouldn't bring any of my nice figures to work, not cause I don't trust my coworkers but dunno, I don't like the idea of leaving them at work.

I was considering bringing an amiibo to work cause they seem harmless enough until it was found out how bloody impossible it is to get one.

All I have now is a small Andorid figure right now.

cajunator

Banned
Yeah Im never bringing figures. I share a desk with another three dispatchers at different times.
too many people would steal or break it.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Hey guys. I would like to sincerely apologize for my behavior in this thread. I got a bit frustrated at all the one-sided posts. I very rarely lose my cool, but you have to admit it was a bit harsh. I've been dealing with a lot of problems as the new head of AmiiboGAF, including a GAFer scamming a good chunk of members with a fraudulent website, and I didn't mean to take it out on you.

I pop in from time to time with a cute figure pickup and a silly GIF, but I had no idea you thought I was being facetious. It was never my intention to upset anyone or make you feel uncomfortable at my posts. I thought a lot of you already knew I wasn't that kind of guy. I'm in it for the lighthearted fun.

Thank you very much for hearing me out. Managing multiple large communities has made my #1 rule NO DRAMA ALLOWED. I'll cut down on the random gifs and stick to figure posts. Add me again on MFC if you want to dig it. *salute*

Let there be peace!

GuardianE

Santa May Claus

Skuuuuuulgirllllsssssss!

Nice command center.

Muzicfreq

Banned
Hey guys. I would like to sincerely apologize for my behavior in this thread. I got a bit frustrated at all the one-sided posts. I very rarely lose my cool, but you have to admit it was a bit harsh. I've been dealing with a lot of problems as the new head of AmiiboGAF, including a GAFer scamming a good chunk of members with a fraudulent website, and I didn't mean to take it out on you.

I pop in from time to time with a cute figure pickup and a silly GIF, but I had no idea you thought I was being facetious. It was never my intention to upset anyone or make you feel uncomfortable at my posts. I thought a lot of you already knew I wasn't that kind of guy. I'm in it for the lighthearted fun.

Thank you very much for hearing me out. Managing multiple large communities has made my #1 rule NO DRAMA ALLOWED. I'll cut down on the random gifs and stick to figure posts. Add me again on MFC if you want to dig it. *salute*

Let there be peace!
AmiiboGAF sounds like hell. I wish you the best though.

cajunator

Banned

Thank you very much for hearing me out. Managing multiple large communities has made my #1 rule NO DRAMA ALLOWED. I'll cut down on the random gifs and stick to figure posts. *salute*

Let there be peace!

I dont think youre a bad person just dont take to heart when people criticize what you like.
amiibos are a collector item brilliantly marketed by nintendo to create a frenzy. Im happy that you enjoy them as thats really the point.
however the infighting between two basically identical gaf fanbases has got to stop.
consider me not a part of that.
in any case I collect Griffon figures sometimes and the quality of those are absolute shit.
In my opinion you are always welcome here as long as you dont disrupt things with petty fighting. Same goes for figure gaf. Lets just get along guys.
I love all of you!

Theonik

Is that right? I thought it was Nishigori.
You are right, it was Nishigori. I got confused, Sushio did animation cuts for episodes 1 and 17 and some more uncredited work probably. He also did AD for episode 17.

My point still stands though since Nishigori was also the character designer for TTGL.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Man, Figma Snake and Lucina being delayed makes me want to buy some JoJo figs out of spite.

I need to get going on my JoJo collection either way. Never a bad reason to buy a JoJo figure!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom