• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

raven777

FIGURE-011369.jpg

Makoto 6.98k at amiami

chrono01

Anony

this month's order:
KYOKO TOSHINO and miki
miki got delayed, again
and this is what i ended up with

Nendoroid - YuruYuri Nachuyachumi!: Kyoko Toshinou
Unit price 2,980 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 2,980 JPY

Nendoroid - Ranka Lee
Unit price 2,480 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 2,480 JPY

Nendoroid - Kana Minami
Unit price 1,980 JPY x 1 unit(s) = 1,980 JPY

Subtotal: 7,440 JPY
Shipping: 1,790 JPY
Grand total: 9,230 JPY
:|

After doing some research it looks like that Jotaro has a normal price of 3.8k and is just back ordered. Star Platinum is 3.8k too and available so I'll probably just wait.

Replicant

Guys, what happens to the rest of your monthly order @ AmiAmi if one of the orders which was originally grouped with the other monthly order has been pushed back to another month (July, MG figure)? Would AmiAmi still ship the rest on the same month or will they hold until the same month as that pushed back figure?

chrono01

Guys, what happens to the rest of your monthly order @ AmiAmi if one of the orders which was originally grouped with the other monthly order has been pushed back to another month (July, MG figure)? Would AmiAmi still ship the rest on the same month or will they hold until the same month as that pushed back figure?
They should split the item from your order into the delayed month. Sometimes you need to email them, though.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
You have a custom image for everything.

AmiiboGAF people make a lot of the custom images. One of the benefits of having a hilarious and fun community. I only make a few dumb ones like this:

gUfwlmV.png

Finally got the Lucina delay email. I knew it was coming, but it still stings to be Lucina-less and Snake-less.

Femto.

They'll split the delayed figure into a new, separate order for it's new release date. The other items for, let's say April, will still ship to you if they are set to release this month or they are pre-owned orders.

If you have an item that got delayed till June and you already have a June order, you can combine the delayed item with your existing June order through your account on AmiAmi.

Femto.

AmiiboGAF people make a lot of the custom images. One of the benefits of having a hilarious and fun community. I only make a few dumb ones like this:

gUfwlmV.png

Finally got the Lucina delay email. I knew it was coming, but it still stings to be Lucina-less and Snake-less.

I'm curious now, what's the most you've spent on an Amiibo? If you're willing to share that pain.

Edit: Oops, double postage.

Fixed.

Only grails will push me to spend more than 15k on a single fig.

I'm waiting you, you cryogenic reptile.

If she's as huge as she seems I'm ok with it. There are Warhammer models that are $140 that are around the size of a 1/8 figure and those are bare plastic on sprues so it's not that much to me.

Now 19k for the toothless wonder is too much though.

They should split the item from your order into the delayed month. Sometimes you need to email them, though.

A few times in the past they've failed to split a delayed order on their own. I've had to contact them about it. That being said, they've always immediately split the delayed items out. It's still annoying that sometimes they move them, and sometimes they have to be told.

For example they haven't split Lucina and Miku out of my April yet. I'm giving them until Monday then I'm sending an email.

And if you don't point it out to them, yes they will sit on that order until everything in it is released.

Femto.

If she's as huge as she seems I'm ok with it. There are Warhammer models that are $140 that are around the size of a 1/8 figure and those are bare plastic on sprues so it's not that much to me.

Now 19k for the toothless wonder is too much though.

I just checked MFC and she is set to release for September, damn it.
She would have to be closer to 10k, after discounts, for me to bite at this point. Especially when risking a high price for potential so-so quality.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
I'm curious now, what's the most you've spent on an Amiibo? If you're willing to share that pain.

Edit: Oops, double postage.

I've gotten all my NA amiibo at MSRP or less (praise GCU)! Here's my rundown along with the Smash section image from Best OT to give you an idea of the insanity:

Wave 1: The calm before the storm
Preordered the entire first wave at TRU, walked in, walked out. Knew Villager/Marth/WFT would become rare and that I would be buying all the Smash figures.
Villager/Marth/WFT begin to slowly disappear over time (Fox would later vanish as well).

Wave 2: Realization and madness
People realize rare amiibo are gone. I preordered all of Wave 2 on Best Buy during their accidental B2G1 free applying to amiibo for an hour + GCU on top.
Mac/Pit/Falcon sell out and become impossible to find in stores. The mentality of "order or you'll never see it" begins to form.

Wave 3: Store exclusives, split releases, online exclusives, cats and dogs living together, mass hysteria
Amiibo panic is in full force. Four store exclusives are revealed and the waves are split into 3A-3C, releasing randomly between January and February.
Store exclusives end up being impossible to find in stores (Rosalina being the easiest and Shulk being sold out since December) and Ike/Dedede hardly make it to retail (if even).
I ordered the commons on Amazon/BB and got all the store exclusives online except Rosalina. I got her by waiting outside Target for 3 hours.

Wave 4: The wave that broke everyone
Mass hysteria. Anyone and everyone can and will sell out. Preorders can get canceled. Blades will bleed. Nothing is scared. No matter where you turn, Robin and Lucina sell out IMMEDIATELY.
Many broken souls flocked to our LINE group to seek refuge from Nintendo's fury. All were welcomed.

Oh, and MORE STORE EXCLUSIVES, including NESS AT GAMESTOP! Hoo boy, Ness.

On April 2, Ness crashes the entire GameStop infrastructure as every GameStop in the country attempts to order the entirety of Wave 4 and Splatoon 3-packs at once.
I waited from 9 AM until noon in store (they tweeted about online ordering, but the miracle never happen), being the second person in line.
Best Buy Wave 4 went up for a few minutes, so I got Pac-Man/Charizard/Wario. Robin and Lucina sells out in minutes.
I then waited an hour for the servers to load Ness/Lucina/Robin into my cart.

On Greninja Day, an inside source said TRU would put him and Wave 4 up around 4 AM PST. Everyone goes to sleep. I stay up. At 1 AM TRU Wave 4 + Greninja go up. I alert LINE. The salt rises.

Want Jigglypuff? Much like Rosalina, Target put her up randomly a few times and she sold out in minutes even as nobody could add her to their cart. I somehow got one.

tl;dr

BRjMH03.png

WELCOME TO AMIIBO COLLECTING. ENJOY YOUR SUFFERING.

OCBATPg.png
OCBATPg.png
OCBATPg.png

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Good god, I applaud your resilience.
I only have Fox and Mega Man. Last ones I actually want is Falco and a yarn Yoshi.

I hope your BB pre-orders don't get canceled, they're pretty incompetent with meeting demand.

I thought it was funny when Ein came over to tell us to stop crashing AmiAmi so he could buy a figure. The amiibo thirst is absolutely insane.

yami4ct

My Figuarts Drive Type Speed is preparing to ship from Nippon-Yassan. Yay! Real excited t get my hands on that figure. Love the suit design and the sculpt on the figure looks top notch. I paid for this figure way ahead of time, so that also means the figure weirdly feels free. It's like a late birthday gift from myself.

Bandai just solicited a renewal edition of Figuarts Kamen Rider Decade. Prototype looks really good. Depending on when it hits, I might have to grab it. First Renewal that's really grabbed me.

Replicant

They'll split the delayed figure into a new, separate order for it's new release date. The other items for, let's say April, will still ship to you if they are set to release this month or they are pre-owned orders.

If you have an item that got delayed till June and you already have a June order, you can combine the delayed item with your existing June order through your account on AmiAmi.

Yes I do. But I didn't know I can combine the order that's been set for another month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom