• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rootbeer

Banned
Nice Link figures H3XAntiStyle :) Proud owner of them both as well. Every nintendo figma/nendo shall be mine! I have Figuarts Mario & the first two accessory sets... I need to get the Luigi and Set C

Has anyone ordered anything from mandarake's new site? It's using an autofill address after you enter your zip code but it's not working for me.

Nice Link figures H3XAntiStyle :) Proud owner of them both as well. Every nintendo figma/nendo shall be mine! I have Figuarts Mario & the first two accessory sets... I need to get the Luigi and Set C

Oh yeah, that nendo + figma Link photoshoot was great!

Thanks! I was worried no one had seen it. &_&

Posable figures are pretty great for photos, but I'm not exactly thrilled with Nendoroids aside from WW Link, which might as well be called a WW Link scaled figure haha.

antibolo

Banned
So is anybody here getting that Blue Steel I-401 1/350 scale model from GOOD SMILE ARMS.

06_146_50.jpg

Ship girl figures just got even kinkier.

Hi FigureGAF, selling some (non-displayed figures) to make space. I haven't figured out what prices to put on these yet, but lets go for non-jacked up (eBay) prices! If you missed out on these and are interested, please PM me and help me have more space!
for more figures

I have all positive feedback on the NeoGAF Buy/Sell thread.

Fire Emblem: Kakusei - Sallya - 1/7 (Good Smile Company, Max Factory) *PENDING*

Zelda no Densetsu: Skyward Sword - Link - Figma #153 (Good Smile Company, Max Factory) *PENDING*

Metroid: Other M - Samus Aran - Figma #133 (Good Smile Company, Max Factory) *PENDING*

Super Street Fighter IV - Chun-Li - HQF - 1/8 (Tsume)

Dragon's Crown - Elf - Excellent Model - 1/7 (MegaHouse)

Dragon's Crown - Amazon - Excellent Model - 1/7 (MegaHouse) *PENDING*

Dragon's Crown - Sorceress - Excellent Model - 1/7 (MegaHouse) *PENDING*

Hope this is fine to post this here.

I PM'd you dude. :)

Bombless

So is anybody here getting that Blue Steel I-401 1/350 scale model from GOOD SMILE ARMS.

Ship girl figures just got even kinkier.

I might. It's a lot of money but I really like it. It'll also go well with my Arpeggio figures. I'd like to see how their Chamber came out first but I doubt it'd be a shitty product.

Einbroch

Banned
Fiance flipped a shit when she saw that Utaha figure I preordered. She's already a bit on edge with the swimsuit Elin and when she saw that she said "nuh uh". Happy waifu happy laifu.

/whipped

Sent my first cancellation request to AmiAmi. Considering I've spent like $2000 with them and the figure isn't coming out until October, I hope they accept it.

I feel dirty.

Fiance flipped a shit when she saw that Utaha figure I preordered. She's already a bit on edge with the swimsuit Elin and when she saw that she said "nuh uh". Happy waifu happy laifu.

/whipped

Sent my first cancellation request to AmiAmi. Considering I've spent like $2000 with them and the figure isn't coming out until October, I hope they accept it.

I feel dirty.

:(

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member

/whipped

I feel dirty.

RIP Ein

Tell her the doge bought it

cajunator

Banned

/whipped

I feel dirty.

Buy it anyway.
Its your money.
Why Utaha? That figure isnt even lewd.

/whipped

I feel dirty.

bummer dude.

I'll enjoy my Utaha extra for you.

Ryuuroden

Yeah, I would easily compromise on figures......LEGO on the other hand, that might be a harder sell. I would compromise on where they were in the house but no one better limit me from buying them as long as its reasonable (reasonable as in I get to keep my 10k a year budget but I won't increase it to 20k.....lol)

Anyways really, eventually you reach a point with LEGO where you have what you need and you can slow down the buying.....I am just not at that point yet. Most of my purchases nowadays are actually bulk purchases of pieces and so on for my own builds rather than sets and that actually costs a bunch as well.

Yeah, I would easily compromise on figures......LEGO on the other hand, that might be a harder sell. I would compromise on where they were in the house but no one better limit me from buying them as long as its reasonable (reasonable as in I get to keep my 10k a year budget but I won't increase it to 20k.....lol)

10k on Legos...

I'd cry. So. Many. Joyful. Tears.

Ryuuroden

10k on Legos...

I'd cry. So. Many. Joyful. Tears.

I have only maxed my 10k budget 1 time. It miiiiight happen again this year. I blame Orthanc and the fact that I decided to cut my "buy sets I want after they been out 2 years" to a 1 year or less lead time as LEGO is not being consistent with their 2 years and retire policy anymore and some stuff I wanted vanished way quicker.

Anyways really, eventually you reach a point with LEGO where you have what you need and you can slow down the buying.....I am just not at that point yet. Most of my purchases nowadays are actually bulk purchases of pieces and so on for my own builds rather than sets and that actually costs a bunch as well.

Being able to build a small town or castle would be a dream to me.

You're my hero.

I have only maxed my 10k budget 1 time. It miiiiight happen again this year. I blame Orthanc and the fact that I decided to cut my "buy sets I want after they been out 2 years" to a 1 year or less lead time as LEGO is not being consistent with their 2 years and retire policy anymore and some stuff I wanted vanished way quicker.

So uh, what kind of money do you make?

EDIT: I apologize if that was an insensitive question, didn't really think about it. Still -- that's a lot. That's my whole year's income, in Lego.

Einbroch

Banned
$10000 seems like a lot, but if it's your main hobby and you save on other things, it's not a big deal.

I know people who spend $1500 a year on Starbucks. My friend just bought a $40000 that he didn't need. Mom just spent a $3000 on quilting materials and a sewing machine. So on and so forth.

Hobbies be expensive, yo.

Ryuuroden

Wait, are we talking $10,000 USD on LEGO? That's some amazeballs money for a hobby.

Well when you look at what some spend on figures, its not so much >.> And like I said, I have only reached my "slow the fuck down" range once. Really I try to keep it around 10k for hobbies overall including figures so it usually ends up around 2-3k on figures and 7-8 on LEGO a year.

What I do know is I have just short of 20k worth of actual sets at if I purchased them at retail price which I only did for the exclusives (which is actually a large portion of my collection so probably take maybe 20% off that for what I actually spent. Add another 1500-2000 to money spent on Pick a Brick wall and another 7k on bricklink orders for bulk plus another 500 this year for LugBulk and that's my spending since late 2009.

Collection consists of near 350,000 bricks and counting. I actually have the smallest amount of bricks of any member in the LUGgroup. Most members have around 1 million bricks. One of them has 5 million bricks of course 3 million of those he has on his store.

So uh, what kind of money do you make?

I make enough that I live on my own, bought a new car with cash outright last year (saved over a 1 year period) and even with the hobby I should be able to save around 20-30 k for each of the next 2 years for a house down payment. So yeah, just cause my spending on LEGO seems crazy, don't worry, in the overall view of things, its not.

This year business is really good so should be making low 6 figures of which 30+% of it will go in taxes ;.;

I had a lowpoint tho too just like a lot of others. Unnemployed from 2007-2009, found occasional short term jobs, worked in a warehouse on holidays, was lucky they gave me a full time job, worked there till 2010 when I started getting construction jobs again. Got in with a good company in 2011, Boss retired in 2014, handed over company so to speak to one of me coworkers and I who are now co-owners. (company under new name and all that but we do the same work for the same individuals and corporations and universities)

Probably too much information but I have wanted to talk about it for a while considering how lucky it was I stumbled into this job all because a friend of mine quit it because his fiance was cheating on him so he was like not wanting to go out of town and decided not working was a better idea.....anyways I called in to his boss and asked for the job and got it and now I run a company and my friend moved back to his parents and his girlfriend broke up with him. I haven't spoken with him since then...)

Ryuuroden

Good hustle man. Glad it worked out for you.

And I don't me you hustled someone I mean you worked hard.

When you go through near 5 years of shit jobs or no work, get a job that you finally really really enjoy, then find out your boss is going to retire and you have two options

1. boss offers to let you take equal partnership with another employee who has worked there for 16 years and boss will under commission provide you with assistance in running the company for the first 5 years so you can learn all the skills needed without worry of epic fail

or

2. Go work for someone else again and risk getting fucked over by the man

I decided I had had enough of being fucked over by the man and that I was instead going to take the reigns of my own fate and ride into the future with myself under more control of whether I succeed or fail. I spent 10 years of my life working my ass off at many different jobs and then seeing others get promoted even though they were lazy or unqualified and getting laid off while the companies I worked for kept their lazy in-laws or family members and friends employed so on that now that finally I had my own opportunity I wasn't going to let it go. I have enough employment horror stories to last a lifetime.

And you know what really makes me feel bad is I know plenty of other people have been through the same exact shit or worse and haven't gotten that opportunity and that really makes me sad because there are a lot of really good people who are underemployed out there or are being ignored and its not because they are not trying. I don't feel guilty but angry about it.

When you go through near 5 years of shit jobs or no work, get a job that you finally really really enjoy, then find out your boss is going to retire and you have two options

1. boss offers to let you take equal partnership with another employee who has worked there for 16 years and boss will under commission provide you with assistance in running the company for the first 5 years so you can learn all the skills needed without worry of epic fail

or

2. Go work for someone else again and risk getting fucked over by the man

I decided I had had enough of being fucked over by the man and that I was instead going to take the reigns of my own fate and ride into the future with myself under more control of whether I succeed or fail. I spent 10 years of my life working my ass off at many different jobs and then seeing others get promoted even though they were lazy or unqualified and getting laid off while the companies I worked for kept their lazy in-laws or family members and friends employed so on that now that finally I had my own opportunity I wasn't going to let it go. I have enough employment horror stories to last a lifetime.

Do you need any new employees?

That's part of why I like the Guard. It may not be full time, but it's always a paycheck I can count on, so I've yet to have any horror stories with employment
aside from being poor
. It's enough per month to cover my "can't get rid of" expenses, and I like having the variety of it to boot. Doesn't hurt that it's by far my best paying job, per hour given.

Ryuuroden

Do you need any new employees?

That's part of why I like the Guard. It may not be full time, but it's always a paycheck I can count on, so I've yet to have any horror stories with employment
aside from being poor
. It's enough per month to cover my "can't get rid of" expenses, and I like having the variety of it to boot. Doesn't hurt that it's by far my best paying job, per hour given.

We have enough permanent employees right now. We are a union company paying union wages and when we need extra help we call the local carpenters union to see if there is any carpenters needing work. Since we do work in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, and Pennsylvania we tend to pick up workers from whichever state we happen to have a large contracted job in per carpenters international agreements. If you have work in a state outside of your state you are primary incorporated in, they tend to want you to hire locally. It's all a bunch of craziness I am quickly learning. Let alone the fact that every region has different pay rates per contract etc. It's A lot to learn. Usual rate is around 25 dollars an hour although in Chicago its 50 dollars an hour and in NYC its even more. Plus pensions, annuities, heath care, union dues and more. It's all so much fun..... lol

And that is the reason we are staying small. My former boss already told me he tried running a larger company and he never made more money, just more headaches.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom