• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Dis year gon' be good.

dv3X1t8.jpg

AzuHwfd.jpg

MpcU6jC.jpg

Ryuuroden

Dis year gon' be good.

dawww, soo cuuute, and with that, TO BED I GO, I have to get up in 4 hours to travel to Pennsylvania! I have stayed too long!

EDIT: oh shi, b4 i go, I got a new toy

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/nikon-af-s-micro-nikkor-60mm-f-2-8g-ed-macro-lens-black/8815614.p?id=1206749662426&skuId=8815614

I got it for 450 dollars even though it was marked at 529 because it is on unmarked clearance at best buy at least since I went to the store to order it. 180 dollars off or some shit according to the system.

We have enough permanent employees right now. We are a union company paying union wages and when we need extra help we call the local carpenters union to see if there is any carpenters needing work. Since we do work in Indiana, Ohio, Kentucky, Michigan, and Pennsylvania we tend to pick up workers from whichever state we happen to have a large contracted job in per carpenters international agreements. If you have work in a state outside of your state you are primary incorporated in, they tend to want you to hire locally. It's all a bunch of craziness I am quickly learning. Let alone the fact that every region has different pay rates per contract etc. It's A lot to learn. Usual rate is around 25 dollars an hour although in Chicago its 50 dollars an hour and in NYC its even more. Plus pensions, annuities, heath care, union dues and more. It's all so much fun..... lol

And that is the reason we are staying small. My former boss already told me he tried running a larger company and he never made more money, just more headaches.

LOL I'm not even a carpenter don't worry haha.

kewlmyc

When you go through near 5 years of shit jobs or no work, get a job that you finally really really enjoy, then find out your boss is going to retire and you have two options

1. boss offers to let you take equal partnership with another employee who has worked there for 16 years and boss will under commission provide you with assistance in running the company for the first 5 years so you can learn all the skills needed without worry of epic fail

or

2. Go work for someone else again and risk getting fucked over by the man

I decided I had had enough of being fucked over by the man and that I was instead going to take the reigns of my own fate and ride into the future with myself under more control of whether I succeed or fail. I spent 10 years of my life working my ass off at many different jobs and then seeing others get promoted even though they were lazy or unqualified and getting laid off while the companies I worked for kept their lazy in-laws or family members and friends employed so on that now that finally I had my own opportunity I wasn't going to let it go. I have enough employment horror stories to last a lifetime.

And you know what really makes me feel bad is I know plenty of other people have been through the same exact shit or worse and haven't gotten that opportunity and that really makes me sad because there are a lot of really good people who are underemployed out there or are being ignored and its not because they are not trying. I don't feel guilty but angry about it.

Congrats dude!

Wow. I moved it from my right monitor to my left. It's totally pink. Jeez my colors were off that much.

Are we talking about the scarf?

Because if it's pink, then all my photos must look horrible, because I see purple scarf.

EDIT: Or are we talking about the accents on the second one?

Shun

Yes, GSC often re-release Nendoroid, so I wouldn't worry about that. They've even been known to re-release limited/exclusive Nendoroid, so the standard versions are even more likely.

Concerning the Yoko Nendoroid specifically, I believe she was listed pretty high during a poll for "wanted" Nendoroid re-releases, but nothing has been confirmed yet.

Do they have regular times throughout the year when they announce new releases or restocks? I only follow Gunpla.

I hope I don't miss out on the restock or sell out on the Yoko Nendoroid...

Acid08

Banned
Do they have regular times throughout the year when they announce new releases or restocks? I only follow Gunpla.

I hope I don't miss out on the restock or sell out on the Yoko Nendoroid...

Oh, there was something I wanted to ask you. The new MG Turn A stuff that got announced is a P-Bandai exclusive, where do you suggest ordering that stuff? I know GundamPlanet usually gets them but they're on the expensive side.

The following are release dates for May 2015 products.
For a complete list of upcoming release dates, please see the Product Release Schedule.

Please note these are the release dates for Japan. The overseas shipping dates may differ from the dates listed below.

The following release dates have been confirmed:

Arrival at wholesale stores on the 11th May 2015 :
Max Factory - Mikuzukin

Other products not mentioned yet are still in the final stages of quality control and as soon as we have a set date we will inform you. Please note that the actual date of products releasing in stores will differ depending on your location. Weather conditions and other unforeseen circumstances may also delay products, however we will inform you as soon as possible if this is the case.

miku miku miku

johnsmith

remember me
The face on Mikuzukin is one of my greatest figure disappointments. It had so much potential. They tried to stick too closely to the game look, I guess, and that was a bad idea.

Meyneth

The face on Mikuzukin is one of my greatest figure disappointments. It had so much potential. They tried to stick too closely to the game look, I guess, and that was a bad idea.
Is that what went wrong?
That Tony ver. Luka also suffers from the same face problem too I feel. :/

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
Fiance flipped a shit when she saw that Utaha figure I preordered. She's already a bit on edge with the swimsuit Elin and when she saw that she said "nuh uh". Happy waifu happy laifu.

/whipped

Sent my first cancellation request to AmiAmi. Considering I've spent like $2000 with them and the figure isn't coming out until October, I hope they accept it.

I feel dirty.

Because I'd rather her be happy than have a piece of plastic ass. Relationships be a compromise. I'm not upset. They're only things.

You made the right choice, although my wife doesn't bat an eye at any of the figures I have, and they are all 100% lewder then Utaha, I still show her everything I wana buy to make sure she is not uncomfortable with anything.

Even still, there is a figure I joked about wanting to buy that she nixed, I loved the absurdity of this one (NSFW maybe?) but she said she didn't want to see it everyday.
Of course that actually made me want to buy it just to mess with her...

Yeah, I would easily compromise on figures......LEGO on the other hand, that might be a harder sell. I would compromise on where they were in the house but no one better limit me from buying them as long as its reasonable (reasonable as in I get to keep my 10k a year budget but I won't increase it to 20k.....lol)

Anyways really, eventually you reach a point with LEGO where you have what you need and you can slow down the buying.....I am just not at that point yet. Most of my purchases nowadays are actually bulk purchases of pieces and so on for my own builds rather than sets and that actually costs a bunch as well.

Well when you look at what some spend on figures, its not so much >.> And like I said, I have only reached my "slow the fuck down" range once. Really I try to keep it around 10k for hobbies overall including figures so it usually ends up around 2-3k on figures and 7-8 on LEGO a year.

What I do know is I have just short of 20k worth of actual sets at if I purchased them at retail price which I only did for the exclusives (which is actually a large portion of my collection so probably take maybe 20% off that for what I actually spent. Add another 1500-2000 to money spent on Pick a Brick wall and another 7k on bricklink orders for bulk plus another 500 this year for LugBulk and that's my spending since late 2009.

Collection consists of near 350,000 bricks and counting. I actually have the smallest amount of bricks of any member in the LUGgroup. Most members have around 1 million bricks. One of them has 5 million bricks of course 3 million of those he has on his store.

I make enough that I live on my own, bought a new car with cash outright last year (saved over a 1 year period) and even with the hobby I should be able to save around 20-30 k for each of the next 2 years for a house down payment. So yeah, just cause my spending on LEGO seems crazy, don't worry, in the overall view of things, its not.

This year business is really good so should be making low 6 figures of which 30+% of it will go in taxes ;.;

I had a lowpoint tho too just like a lot of others. Unnemployed from 2007-2009, found occasional short term jobs, worked in a warehouse on holidays, was lucky they gave me a full time job, worked there till 2010 when I started getting construction jobs again. Got in with a good company in 2011, Boss retired in 2014, handed over company so to speak to one of me coworkers and I who are now co-owners. (company under new name and all that but we do the same work for the same individuals and corporations and universities)

Probably too much information but I have wanted to talk about it for a while considering how lucky it was I stumbled into this job all because a friend of mine quit it because his fiance was cheating on him so he was like not wanting to go out of town and decided not working was a better idea.....anyways I called in to his boss and asked for the job and got it and now I run a company and my friend moved back to his parents and his girlfriend broke up with him. I haven't spoken with him since then...)

When you go through near 5 years of shit jobs or no work, get a job that you finally really really enjoy, then find out your boss is going to retire and you have two options

1. boss offers to let you take equal partnership with another employee who has worked there for 16 years and boss will under commission provide you with assistance in running the company for the first 5 years so you can learn all the skills needed without worry of epic fail

or

2. Go work for someone else again and risk getting fucked over by the man

I decided I had had enough of being fucked over by the man and that I was instead going to take the reigns of my own fate and ride into the future with myself under more control of whether I succeed or fail. I spent 10 years of my life working my ass off at many different jobs and then seeing others get promoted even though they were lazy or unqualified and getting laid off while the companies I worked for kept their lazy in-laws or family members and friends employed so on that now that finally I had my own opportunity I wasn't going to let it go. I have enough employment horror stories to last a lifetime.

And you know what really makes me feel bad is I know plenty of other people have been through the same exact shit or worse and haven't gotten that opportunity and that really makes me sad because there are a lot of really good people who are underemployed out there or are being ignored and its not because they are not trying. I don't feel guilty but angry about it.

Reading all this put a smile on my face, good on you for taking your life into your own hands and being able to support your hobby's and life while doing it.

oh no

oh no

Sentinel Ken the Eagle (Gatchaman) is now up on AmiAmi!

Casshern would be so lonely as my only Sentinel figure when he releases and I could recreate Tatsunoko vs Capcom but I need Polymar as well but he's sold out and they're all pretty expensive and help

I can't get past the the joints, and the way his legs and arms can look dislocated in some of those poses. Only way I'd pick it up is if they did all 5 Gatachman, I'd rather have to pay more for the first one or two released then buy them now and not see the others made or released.

Acid08

Banned
gVrfKmS.png

Shipping was honestly a bit more than I expected but oh well! Super excited!

It's weird, Sepang Miku was the first figure I pre-ordered when I got into this hobby. Now 5 months later she's actually on her way. Feels momentous in a way lol.

RMI

Banned
Got my payment request for the preowned Yukiko I ordered plus figfix Shinobu. Glad this month is almost over since I have some household expenses coming up and my budget is approaching its limit. Spent some time working on building shelves this weekend, so close to being done and setting all of my boxed figs free.

Einbroch

Banned
You made the right choice, although my wife doesn't bat an eye at any of the figures I have, and they are all 100% lewder then Utaha, I still show her everything I wana buy to make sure she is not uncomfortable with anything.

Even still, there is a figure I joked about wanting to buy that she nixed, I loved the absurdity of this one (NSFW maybe?) but she said she didn't want to see it everyday.
Of course that actually made me want to buy it just to mess with her...

Your waifu is so lewd.gif.

I wonder what the reaction would be to flyingsnakepenisfigure.

Oh, and AmiAmi accepted my cancellation.

Life-size “Feather Miku” statue for Ein, it's not lewd ;D

------------------------------------------------------
MegaHouse reveals “Battle Spirits” Trickster Swimsuit ver. painted prototype
MegaHouse recently revealed painted prototype for their “Battle Spirits” Trickster Swimsuit version, figure the company announced back in March this year. “Battle Spirits” Trickster, with price and release date still to be announced, is sculpted in a 1/10 scale standing 15.5 cm tall.
megahouse_tricksterswim-1.jpg

-------------------------------------------------------
“Love Live!” Kousaka Honoka, Sonoda Umi First Fan Book ver. by Chara-Ani on preorder
Chara-ani recently opened pre-orders for two more figures of their “Love Live! School Idol Project” First Fan Book ver. set with Kousaka Honoka and Sonoda Umi. Honoka and Umi follow previously announced and on pre-order figures of Toujou Nozomi and Ayase Eri, Koizumi Hanayo and Hoshizora Rin, and first announced Nishikino Maki and Yazawa Niko.

Listed for a price of ¥7020 each, both figures are scheduled for release in August 2015 and are sculpted in a 1/10 scale standing 16.5 cm tall. Completing Chara-Ani’s “Love Live! School Idol Project” First Fan Book set is Minami Kotori, which will be released in September 2015.

Kousaka Honoka
charaani_honokafanbook-1.jpg

Sonoda Umi
charaani_umifanbook-1.jpg

===========================
Nendoroid Kashuu Kiyomitsu
Today’s main feature…!
o0515039513286562277.jpg

Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

We’re already in the last week of April!! There is no way to escape the coming of May!! Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a closer look at the figure we took a special look at on last week’s live broadcast…

Nendoroid Kashuu Kiyomitsu!☆
o0515043413286562280.jpg

From the popular PC browser game ‘Touken Ranbu -ONLINE-’ comes a Nendoroid of the sword that is difficult to handle but stands above the rest, Kashuu Kiyomitsu! He comes with three expressions including his charming standard face, a fearless combat expression as well as a yawning expression based on his lines from the game.

His sword is included and can be displayed both sheathed and drawn, and he also comes with the item that remedies fatigue in the game, an ‘Enchanted Dango’. Be sure to add him to your collection!
Oooooohhhhh!!! (●´ω`●)

The sword used by Okita Souji in the Shinsengumi and one of the five characters that can be selected as your first character in the tutorial for Touken Ranbu – Kashuu Kiyomitsu is now joining the Nendoroids! ♡

The red and black contrast of his outfit, the ever so slight smile and mole on his cheek… and those refreshing eyes!
o0515051613286562279.jpg

How can you not love him?!

You can look at him from any angle and he will always score top points! ♡

This is how he looks from the back! ♪
o0515054413286561847.jpg

The fluttering of his jacket is perfect…!

The reverse side of him never appears in the game, but we worked with the publisher to get exactly how he should look from the back! If you look closely you’ll even notice his shoes have little Nendoroid-sized heels! っ(。・ω・)ノ゙

The hemming of his jacket as well as his earrings make use of a lovely golden paint, and the emblems on the collar have been faithfully added onto the Nendoroid design! If you look close you’ll also notice the crimson inner lining of the jacket as well! (`・ω・´)ゞ
o0515043913286562278.jpg

His mouth is so very unique too! It’s so cute!

Let’s take a closer look at what expressions are included with Kashuu! ♫

First up is his confident smiling ‘standard expression’!ヽ(o´∀`o)ノ
o0515053713286561845.jpg

The way his mouth looks as well as the mole make for such an original Nendoroid expression! His hair also features a slight gradient to give it a more flowing, smooth appearance! ♡

As you may have noticed, he actually comes with two different ponytail parts – one to rest over his shoulder in front of him, and another that is blowing about in the wind behind him! They also have Nendoroid joints at the attachment point allowing you to create different nuances with the hair! (σ・∀・)σ

One other thing I’d like to point out, is that the eyes have highlights in them. The original illustration actually never had highlights, but in order to keep the ‘cute’ side of the Nendoroid design, we decided to work with the publisher and have them added in for the Nendoroid version! φ(.. )

Anyway, next up we have…
o0515054213286561500.jpg

A combat expression that captures Kashuu’s calm and collected demeanour!

But more importantly… he looks so epic holding his sword like this!!

He comes with bent leg parts for both legs, which make him look like he is putting lots of energy behind his thrust!

However! Now take another look at his eyes…!
o0515052213286561679.jpg

The highlight has been removed!! (/ω\)

As I mentioned, we added in the highlight to bring out the cuter side of the Nendoroid design… but when it comes to combat expressions the cuteness factor could be removed a little, so we kept this expression faithful to the original, no highlight design!

By the way, just like Mikazuki, he comes with his sword in both its sheathed and unsheathed forms, allowing for various different options! You can even pose him as if he has just pulled the sword from its scabbard!
o0515042713286561499.jpg

Simply pick the pose that you think suits him best! ♪
---------
Kashuu comes with ‘Enchanted Dango’! ♡
o0515048913286562417.jpg

---------
Finally, let’s move into the final expression…

“*yawn* so sleepy…”
o0515043813286561846.jpg

Hyahoooooooo!!! (*´Д`)

He also comes with a sleepy looking yawning expression!! The gap between the combat expression above and this expression is rather vast!
----------
Plus, preorders from the GOODSMILE ONLINE SHOP will include a Nendoroid Plus Rubber Strap: Kashuu Kiyomitsu Sleepy Ver. as a bonus! ♪
o0228039713288883563.jpg
Also a heads up for those who have renewed interest for Dragon Ball Z and wanted a good scale figure, this renewal is up for preorder:
I have it and it's a really good figure.

Vlaphor

Got a quick question here about SAL and the dock workers strike. I ordered something on April 1st and it still says that it's in Japan

zUdewU3.png

I've ordered things over SAL before and it's usually about 2 weeks or so before it leaves Japan, so I'm wondering if this has to do with the dock worker's strike (which is also keeping my Juri Bishojuo at Anime Island instead of with me) holding it up, if SAL is just ultra slow sometimes, of if I need to contact someone? If so, who?

Speak of the devil....it got to New York on the 23rd, but just updated now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom