• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 59090

Unconfirmed Member
Today:
198371.jpg

May:

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
April ended up fairly light with Nendoroid Kumano, Suzuya, Sena, Sonico Tiger Parka ver., and the Swimsuit set.

Some April->May delays makes May look a tad heavy, but I'm sure there will be further delays.

chrono01

Dis year gon' be good.
Oh GOD YES.

Do they have regular times throughout the year when they announce new releases or restocks? I only follow Gunpla.

I hope I don't miss out on the restock or sell out on the Yoko Nendoroid...
No set time for re-release, unfortunately. Just have to be patient. :(

Well, about time for the April damage roundup, I guess. This month on paper was pretty expensive but I actually only bought 1 figure so far (what a change from the last few months! lol) since Maiko Mami, Inshun, and Elin Slayer all got delayed.

Found a (relatively) good deal on the Elin Mystic figure on amiami one early this month while playing DFO past my bedtime.

Thanks figinstock! She's pretty great. Mystic wasn't my main class but it was fun and there's room in my heart for all the elins. Great condition B/C, a bit dusty but otherwise well cared for by previous owner.

This was the other thing I got from amiami this month.

This thing amuses me plus I only have small bowls and don't have a nice large bowl like this for eating soup/stew/rice/stirfry/etc. I paid the kancolle tax on this but it's going to get some use so it's worth the $20.

Then I preordered two of each of these cuties to round out my set. One of the pair is for Meyneth so while I paid for it up front I'm not holding it against my budget.

Thanks to all these delays, the next few months have evened out a bit instead of having a frontloaded April and then a lightweight summer.

After current delay announcements, around the corner in May is looking like... 35k+s/h
COkAmdn.jpg

AND I HAVE NO SPACE FOR ANY OF THIS.

My Alisha and Black China Dress Sora figures are still in their boxes! :( Need to make an IKEA run soon to get that half-size BILLY shelf so I can move my nendos out of the DETOLFs. Please, Neople, take DFO away from me for like one weekend so I can go to Houston...
Nice pick-up's!

I have a bowl similar to that [only of Neon Genesis Evangelion], and it makes a great ramen bowl. It's deep too, so you can fill the ramen with plenty of stuff without it over-flowing [fresh meat, boiled egg, etc.].

Phat Yayoi and Iori rerelease - http://blog.livedoor.jp/figurenews2/archives/43797764.html

54d28932.jpg

Preorders open on tuesday 28th.
Tempting, but I'm not going to get into collecting all of the IDOLM@STER girls. I know I wouldn't be able to stop at one...

Uuuuuuugh.

OOQlwNo.png

Plus another Sakura figma from GSC (but I think she's already paid for).

To note, this is not typical for me. Usually it's in the 20k-40k range.
Holy hell. O_O

I'll post my May pre-orders later today. It's a relatively light month for me, but there are still a few things.

Also,
my STARLESS/LEWDNESS dakimakura shipped today from AmiAmi. I don't even have the body pillow yet, I just wanted the covers themselves [knowing how popular/rare they can become, Sei Shoujo's art is perfection]. I ordered Marie Mamiya, Yuuna Miratai, and Hazuki Kuryuu. I could also use them as a poster/wallscroll of sorts, if I so decide.

meijiko

You guys think you're the best enablers, but I'm pretty sure my husband has you all beat.

I actually hesitate on a lot of my purchases, but if I run something by him (especially CCS related) he'll talk me into buying it. He's really proud of the collections we have, and is always happy to let me curate them. I don't go too overboard usually but May is going to fuck me over because they decided to release everything CCS related in that month. Maybe I'll get lucky and Aldra and Plum's Sakura will get delayed.

antibolo

Banned
My sister's boyfriend is a huge Metroid fan so I'm tempted to get him a Samus figma as a gift for his next birthday.

However they have kids (two boys, around 8 and 10 year old), and I wonder if it's a good idea to give a figma to someone who has kids, they might want to play with it really bad and then break it.

Or maybe I'm just having silly thoughts. I dunno. Anybody have any opinion on this? I assume some of you guys do have kids?

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
My sister's boyfriend is a huge Metroid fan so I'm tempted to get him a Samus figma as a gift for his next birthday.

However they have kids (two boys, around 8 and 10 year old), and I wonder if it's a good idea to give a figma to someone who has kids, they might want to play with it really bad and then break it.

Or maybe I'm just having silly thoughts. I dunno. Anybody have any opinion on this? I assume some of you guys do have kids?

Get 'em the figma. Buy the kids some of the World of Nintendo figures like Jakks Samus to throw them off the scent.

Buy two.

chrono01

Okay, my May 2015 pre-orders.

OmdqSv8.jpg

I also have two different editions of the Oda Non artbook pre-ordered [for the exclusive bonus items from each respective shop].

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
After I bought the Kill Me Baby figurine I realised I need nothing more because nothing will be better so I requested that all my accounts on these figurine selling sites be shutdown because I'm not buying another sausage.

After I bought the Kill Me Baby figurine I realised I need nothing more because nothing will be better so I requested that all my accounts on these figurine selling sites be shutdown because I'm not buying another sausage.

Now the hunt for the variant begins.

SerTapTap

So about this idiotic Chiaki figure:

The stupid peg that does not fit into her back has damaged the slot it's way too big for:

Is there anything that can salvage this thing? It doesn't fit to begin with and now I think the torn material is only making it worse, and I can't easily get anything into that slot to clean it up. Not buying any more of Phat's stupid over designed bases like this. Kyoko was already the most frustrating figure I've ever assembled and this is just a nightmare.

Baka Zeitgeist

pluck my tasty grapes
So about this idiotic Chiaki figure:

The stupid peg that does not fit into her back has damaged the slot it's way too big for:

Is there anything that can salvage this thing? It doesn't fit to begin with and now I think the torn material is only making it worse, and I can't easily get anything into that slot to clean it up. Not buying any more of Phat's stupid over designed bases like this. Kyoko was already the most frustrating figure I've ever assembled and this is just a nightmare.

Had the exact same problem, heat up her back with a hair dryer, then slot overly large peg into small hole...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom