• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
A bit late, but here's my May Collage.

JIjvO5t.jpg

I'm betting on at least 2 delays. Looking at Selvaria and Mu-12...

kierwynn

I ended up canceling what I could because the total intimidated me. Don't think I want the Mario but I think I could sell him easily afterwards for my money back.

The Boba is x2 because one is a gift.

kUd6nUl.jpg

vmHQ39z.jpg

(I'm so glad there's still stuff being made of my waifu Chie)
oDLwTN2.jpg

Also, ummm there was a puppy outside my house and it was raining and he was wet and shivering so I took him in... @_@ I don't know what to do tomorrow morning when I go to work. Put him back outside in the front? I have a German Shepherd already, I don't want to dump him in the back yard with him. I work twelve hour shifts too. (._.) I couldn't leave the little guy in the cold though. Ughhh I'm going to be up all night worrying about it.

antibolo

Banned
Do you guys keep a list of favorite stores to check whenever you're looking for a figure that's already released? And if so how big is it?

Acid08

Banned
lol this note on Sword Boy #2

*This item is limited to 1 per customer. (Limit includes all AmiAmi stores and previous orders.) Duplicate orders will be canceled.

Guess they learned something from the Sword Boy #1 pre-orders.

Railyn

Neo Member
My May...Didn't just order two Rens, but also two of the Noiz nendos.

+ a bunch of arbooks and clear files

And sword boy ordered. So much for trying to be preorder free.

Uh, so about AmiAmi's preordering limit. Have they ever changed them before? Will they allow us to preorder more closer to the release date?

oh righttttt

I ordered the Kageyama nendo too, but it was from GSC as my friends wanted one too

man, when you order from like a bunch of stores, you just forget what you ended up ordering

yami4ct

Bandai is finally doing Moonlight Butterfly wings for MG Turn A. So cool.

Already bought a set. Have literally been waiting years for this. Was even contemplating making my own, but I could never figure out an attachment mechanism. These actually attach to the stand instead of the kit itself. Very clever. Can't believe I've never thought of that.

Also got reviews of Figuarts Drive. Figure looks amazing, but what I'm digging the most is the packaging.

It's so small and economical. Leagues better than the giant monstrosities most Figuarts come in. That sleek, small size combined with the black finish is just super classy. Apparently the paint finish on this guy is almost automobile quality. Really awesome. Mine should be here tomorrow. I cannot wait.

Acid08

Banned

Already bought a set. Have literally been waiting years for this. Was even contemplating making my own, but I could never figure out an attachment mechanism. These actually attach to the stand instead of the kit itself. Very clever. Can't believe I've never thought of that.

Yup, they look great. Still deciding on whether I just want to go for the wings or the whole kit.

arue

I like how male nendos are getting a lot of love in here. At the rate we're currently going, I expect one sword boy nendo being announced per month.

I was about to preorder Noiz too, but Clear is the only OTP for Aoba.

yami4ct

Yup, they look great. Still deciding on whether I just want to go for the wings or the whole kit.

The pearl finish should be pretty decent, given Bandai's track record. It will definitely give the kit a really cool other worldly vibe to go with the wings. The only problem I might be worried about is that the Turn A kit is still quite old and not built for a shiny finish. I don't remember the nubs being that bad on the original when I built it earlier this year, but they may just show up way more on a pearl finish edition. The kit is still quite good for as old as it is, so I recommend it regardless.

Acid08

Banned
The pearl finish should be pretty decent, given Bandai's track record. It will definitely give the kit a really cool other worldly vibe to go with the wings. The only problem I might be worried about is that the Turn A kit is still quite old and not built for a shiny finish. I don't remember the nubs being that bad on the original when I built it earlier this year, but they may just show up way more on a pearl finish edition. The kit is still quite good for as old as it is, so I recommend it regardless.

I built it a couple weeks ago, really loved it. Probably the most unique kit I've built, the legs especially were very cool to put together.

July is going to be an expensive month for me so I think I might just go for the wings. Only thing I'm not sure of, does it come with the action base or not? It's in all the promo photos but I haven't been able to find that out. I think the MB parts for the HG kit did come with a stand.

Femto.

Who needs 15k Celia when I just added a 15k A/B Yuri to my 44k April order.

;A;

Well, he's currently one of the most expensive ones on my short "I must have these already released figures" list.

Railyn

Neo Member

Oh man, those wings are sweet~
I need to forward this to a friend. /enabling

I like how male nendos are getting a lot of love in here. At the rate we're currently going, I expect one sword boy nendo being announced per month.

I was about to preorder Noiz too, but Clear is the only OTP for Aoba.

Going to confess...I was really surprised to see Koujaku's next in line to get a nendo. I could've sworn Clear was the next popular boyfriend??
I love Koujaku and have a DMMD problem, so I'm happy regardless of what they churn out from the series.

yami4ct

I built it a couple weeks ago, really loved it. Probably the most unique kit I've built, the legs especially were very cool to put together.

July is going to be an expensive month for me so I think I might just go for the wings. Only thing I'm not sure of, does it come with the action base or not? It's in all the promo photos but I haven't been able to find that out. I think the MB parts for the HG kit did come with a stand.

The upgrade kit does, so it's a safe assumption both editions will. Just be warned, the shipping at least at Nippon-Yassan was pretty high. It was $15 just for SAL for the Wing kit. EMS was closer to 30. I suspect it has to do with the wings being a pretty significant size and they don't break down at all. Heavily increases the footprint of the box.

Femto.

For all you drooling over sword boys, are you mesmerized by them in the same way as those infected by the KanColle bug?

Help me understand.

yami4ct

April (there are more but too lazy to find their pics, mostly Nendroids)

May (so far)

Those are some beautiful figures right there. I'm super jealous. For the next two months I just have

May:

June:

Really want to get Figuarts Tridoron for September, but that probably won't happen unless I can find some extra work this summer. Especially true since I've kind of landed on the fact that I finally need to rebuild my pc (Mine's over 6 years old), so that's become priority number 1 for extra cash.

Going to confess...I was really surprised to see Koujaku's next in line to get a nendo. I could've sworn Clear was the next popular boyfriend??
I love Koujaku and have a DMMD problem, so I'm happy regardless of what they churn out from the series.

They can keep delaying Clear so I don't have to buy another DMMD nendo.

Heaven help me if they do a Trip and Virus one (thankfully I know they never will)

Replicant

Those are some beautiful figures right there. I'm super jealous. For the next two months I just have

Really want to get Figuarts Tridoron for September, but that probably won't happen unless I can find some extra work this summer. Especially true since I've kind of landed on the fact that I finally need to rebuild my pc (Mine's over 6 years old), so that's become priority number 1 for extra cash.

Thanks man. Seeing your pics remind me that I used to like Kamen Rider and maybe now I'm an adult, it's time to collect them Tokusatsu figures. XD

Which Big O is that?

It's the Soul of Chogokin one:

http://myfigurecollection.net/item/11380

yami4ct

Thanks man. Seeing your pics remind me that I used to like Kamen Rider and maybe now I'm an adult, it's time to collect them Tokusatsu figures. XD

Do it. The shows are really up and down, but the one constant is that the Figuarts line is awesome. Anything released in the last 5 or so years is at least really good. Anything in the last 2, post the major Figuarts body redesign, is amazing. The Gaim figuarts and Drive figuarts are works of art.

Replicant

Fuck, that's awesome. Where were you able to pick it up?

I actually got it from Solaris Japan before they jacked up the price to whatever it is now ($240? fucck). Back then it was only $180.

Do it. The shows are really up and down, but the one constant is that the Figuarts line is awesome. Anything released in the last 5 or so years is at least really good. Anything in the last 2, post the major Figuarts body redesign, is amazing. The Gaim figuarts and Drive figuarts are works of art.

It is, isn't it? I started to notice how well-designed their figures tend to be and that's a dangerous line of thinking because I know it'd be hard to stop.

Meyneth

I'm not even 100% sure what I have on order for may. Let me check my calendar..

Ryo used this gif all the time, WHERE IS HE?!
Probably got arrested for not paying enough customs fees :/
he did say two recent packages dodged customs

yami4ct

It is, isn't it? I started to notice how well-designed their figures tend to be and that's a dangerous line of thinking because I know it'd be hard to stop.

There are ways to limit yourself, especially if you avoid the Tamashii Web Shop exclusive stuff. Most shows only have 2-3 Riders, so you could only buy the main forms of them. As a stricter limit, you could only buy the main rider and avoid buying bikes. It depends on the show for me what I do. Gaim was really bad since it had like 10 riders many with multiple forms. For that I just bought the 3 major forms of the main rider and the other rider who's design I dug the most. For Drive, I'll be buying Drive, his two other major forms Type Formula and Type Tridoron, Mach and Mashin Chaser as well as the bikes of the last two. That's way way more than I usually buy, but I love the aesthetic of the show.

But I would definitely suggest some sort of self imposed limit on what you're looking to collect, even if that limit varies by show. It really helps keep the budget not too unreasonable. I'll probably spend less than $300 on Drive when all is said and done if I don't end up buying Drive's crazy expensive car, the Tridoron ($250. Ouch. So cool, though). That's by far the most I've spent on any one series of KR figures, so it doesn't get too out of control.

Giolon

Got figma Senjougahara from Giolon!

Also took some more pictures of Ayesha because the more I look at her the more I like her. Absolutely adorable figure.

Tried using the lights in my room instead of flash. Too yellow.

Cheers!

And yeah, if the lights in your room are incandescent it will be a bit on the yellow-ish side. If you have Photoshop or Lightroom, you can mostly fix it. If the device your shooting with can make RAWs, you can completely fix it with Photoshop/Lightroom. The only pic that's really noticeably yellow is the last one. The rest are just a little dimly lit. If you can get more light, that'd help.

Meyneth

Checked the calendar for May Orders:
Along with three art books that have no cover yet (Tales 20th book, Yui Hara book, Bravely Second book).

Not too bad actually

Edit: Forgot the ness, lucina, robin amiibo too

Railyn

Neo Member
For all you drooling over sword boys, are you mesmerized by them in the same way as those infected by the KanColle bug?

Help me understand.

lol, doubt it. I haven't hit the obsessive levels I saw during the ship girl craze. My reasons for joining the preordering fray are mainly:

1. I want male nendos. I feel like female fans are constantly getting short changed on merchandise if fandoms tend to be aimed at us, just because only "we'd" pick them up. I'm tired of the buttons, magnets, keychains, and posters. I wantneed some 3D merch. Whenever there's a series I like, they skip the boys. If there is a series that I'm unfamiliar with that does have boys released, their designs are so boring I don't really feel the need to have them.
2. Sword boys have neat outfits?

I've been playing not long after it was released. I don't have the strongest connection to them compared to other game characters since I don't know what they're saying.
Or what I'm doing most of the time.
Plus, my favorites on my current team don't have anything announced yet. I need to get these better swords gdi, lol.

They can keep delaying Clear so I don't have to buy another DMMD nendo.

Heaven help me if they do a Trip and Virus one (thankfully I know they never will)

Part of me wonders if Koujaku will end up cancelled, and we won't see any others get announcements. I'm skeptical because of how Noiz is doing preorder-wise. I know Aoba did well because of popularity AND that naked male torso. I'd love a Virus and Trip...I'd honestly order a bunch of Virus just so I can have my other nendos in suits...

apricot

I haven't been ordering as many Nendos, but sword boy 2 is mine! I really hope they do more of the Dramatical Murder boys, too....

Edit:

Part of me wonders if Koujaku will end up cancelled, and we won't see any others get announcements. I'm skeptical because of how Noiz is doing preorder-wise.

Is he not doing well? I thought about getting him, but I don't really like the Nendo design for some reason... I'd love Koujaku or Clear, though!

Railyn

Neo Member
I haven't been ordering as many Nendos, but sword boy 2 is mine! I really hope they do more of the Dramatical Murder boys, too....

Edit:

Is he not doing well? I thought about getting him, but I don't really like the Nendo design for some reason... I'd love Koujaku or Clear, though!

I'm just being paranoid? xD I mean, Aoba is listed on MFC as over 1200 owned, but Noiz is a little less than 800. I'm just hoping GSC doesn't see that as disinterest or anything. I was hoping they'd be smart with Noiz and have something that regular nendo collectors would want to take pieces from, like the naked male torso from Aoba.

I was extremely disappointed in Noiz until they fixed the eyes. Thank goodness they changed it. (I badly wanted his suit outfit for the same reason I want a Virus released. >_> )

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom