• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Meyneth

Blitzway (a company made up of ex Hot Toy sculptors, and just like Hot Toys what you see is what you get) new project is Marylin Monroe, and if I could swing it I'd have this 1/4 scale PVC and polystone hybrid $360 beauty but she's due out in June:
Oooo
This looks amazing ヽ(゚◇゚ )ノ
But June..

I have $300 of horses coming in june...

freeing_momoka-1.jpg

She looks awesome, and I'd really like to buy her. That price is unacceptable though, and that's a shame.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
That Iori is pretty bad. Didn't recognize her until I saw her plush.

The faces are a bit off on the older ones (as with many older nendos and petites) but their expression and poses are far more interesting than the newer iM@S petites. Also remember that hairline was based on her older design.

No May orders for me and even with the preview pictures I find I'm not interested in Kiyomitsu (sword boy nendo #2) so maybe I'll be safe from future sword boy purchases. I do hope people continue to support more interesting male Nendos and male figures in general. I do hope the Koujaku Nendoroid comes out well as he's my favorite DMMD route, but the chances of me dropping dough on him when I don't even have Aoba are low.

I guess I'm part of the problem since I'm pretty picky with what I buy even with the already low selection. haha

Also though I've been lurking occasionally, I realize this is my first post in the new OT so hello everyone once again!

exemp30

Blitzway (a company made up of ex Hot Toy sculptors, and just like Hot Toys what you see is what you get) new project is Marylin Monroe, and if I could swing it I'd have this 1/4 scale PVC and polystone hybrid $360 beauty but she's due out in June:
Man why you'd have to put these pictures up now I need to cancel some preorders and order her.

antibolo

Banned
Just pre-ordered because I love yukatas and this one is just perfect.

I hope I'll be able to resist from buying the rest of the Idolmaster yukata series...

OH NO I'VE LOOKED AT THE OTHER "Y-STYLE" FIGURES FROM FREEing AND NOW I WANT ALL OF THEM

Yukatas are my weakness.

EDIT: All three Idolmaster figures pre-ordered! I think I'll start with that.

D

Diggeh

Unconfirmed Member
Wait so now castle girls are a thing.

Goddamnit Japan.

Isn't everything a girl by now? I wouldn't be surprised if there were lamp girls or pencil girls.

You guys are going to post something to prove me wrong aren't you

yami4ct

This bad boy came in today.

The paint on this guy is amazing. Perhaps the best paint I've seen on a figure ever. If you told me Bandai actually used automotive paint on him, I'd believe you. The finish is just perfect. The tire sash is even made of rubber. Didn't expect that. The sculpt is wonderful. Absolutely perfect. Particularly the back of the suit.

I honestly don't have a real complaint about this thing. Sure it's a bit low on accessories, only 3 pairs of hands and nothing else if you don't count the first run bonus, but I can't think of other hands he really needs. I would have liked his sword and his gun, but I can see why they packed those with his other forms. They're more associated with those forms anyway.

As for the first run bonus Max Flare tire. It's alright. Looks decent and has a nice metallic finish. The fire effect parts appear to be repacks from other effect sets, but you can never have enough fire effects.

I highly recommend him to anyone who likes KR stuff. He's basically perfect. I cannot wait to get the other figures in the line in. Machine Chaser in particular should be absolutely stunning if he gets the same amount of love put into him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom