• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Banned
Got my shipping notification this morning for Sepang. Hope she'll be here by Saturday.

rpRoDxI.png

smugsheep.sticker

Speaking of which, get in LINE you crazy duder.

antibolo

Banned
Nippon Yasan's slow ass shipping preparation never ceases to annoy me every time I order from them. They still haven't shipped my weekend order. They really need to improve that.

To further elaborate on my post, once again DHL express shows how truly stupid and incompetent their drivers are.

I live in an apartment building and to get in I just need to buzz you in.
All the driver needs to do is look instantly to the right after walking in and you'll find the buzzer, theres even a giant note explaining. But nooooooo! 6 times ive had amazon japan use this service. This is the 4th time this issue has happened. Stayed home and sacrificed today, making sure everything was clear. Even called the DHL express number this morning waay before the driver left telling them specifically about this issue and to give the driver instructions on how to deliver and the rep promised the driver will get it.

UPS, USPS, Fedex never have this issue, only DHL drivers. I really wish amazon japan would use something else. It may be fast but they are incompetent . So now to wait until tomorrow and see the same thing probably happen again all the while my goods have more transit time and most likely are damaged (because amazon packing is crap) GRRR!

/rant lol

Einbroch

Banned
The closest DHL is 50 miles away, so it's 100 miles driving for them to deliver my package, but man, for a company who has to travel a lot, they sure don't want you to get your packages.

I feel your pain Colette.

antibolo

Banned
DHL is the worst of the private couriers. Every time I get something ordered by them (which only happens when they're the only option) I always get fucked with massive extra brokerage charges on delivery.

(Any fellow Canadian here who has ever ordered from Thinkgeek probably knows my pain very well.)

Einbroch

Banned
DHL is ridiculously fast. Like, borderline illegally fast. I ordered something at 8AM and it was at my door at 5PM the next day. From Japan.

The closest DHL is 50 miles away, so it's 100 miles driving for them to deliver my package, but man, for a company who has to travel a lot, they sure don't want you to get your packages.

I feel your pain Colette.

Same here, the nearest DHL facility is in boston which is about 50-55 miles away. I called the customer service after the tracking showed the issue, was upset but made sure to be politely upset lol and gave them my home phone, cell phone, explicitly told them i'll be home tomorrow and if for some reason the driver can't figure out how to get in to call me and I'll personally go to him.

I'm waiting to see how they mess it up this time though :p

DHL is ridiculously fast. Like, borderline illegally fast. I ordered something at 8AM and it was at my door at 5PM the next day. From Japan.

They are really fast, amazon japan shipped it Monday and it was out for delivery today but the drivers are just so incompetent. I can understand maybe one time messing up but 4 out of 6?

DHL is fine if I order stuff to my workplace. Since they have a regular delivery person coming in.

It's terrible if I order stuff to my home though.

Luckily, only amazon.jp ships via DHL and I only really get CDs or books from them and not figures.

DHL is fine if I order stuff to my workplace. Since they have a regular delivery person coming in.

It's terrible if I order stuff to my home though.

Luckily, only amazon.jp ships via DHL and I only really get CDs or books from them and not figures.

Yeah luckily I can mostly avoid them except in the case of amazon japan, but it's not so much as the waiting an extra day but the incompetence and me wasting a day to make sure nothing can go wrong because of how bad past times have been and for the same thing to happen again.

This is the main reason I haven't ended up with an adopted dislike of them from other people's horror stories. The worst thing they've done to me is open a parcel with a bunch of books in and reseal it, which isn't ideal but also isn't worth caring about. I don't mind that amazon JP uses them to be honest.

kewlmyc

I wish I could check, because it was my Miku petites like four months ago. I think I even made a post in this thread about it when it happened, how in shock I was.

Believe it or not, doesn't bother me.

From what I ordered from Amazon.jp, it seems to take 3 days to get to me, which is awesome, but if you're not home to get it, it becomes a pain in the ass to get it.

Einbroch

Banned
From what I ordered from Amazon.jp, it seems to take 3 days to get to me, which is awesome, but if you're not home to get it, it becomes a pain in the ass to get it.

I think it depends on what time your order is placed. For example, my 2020 Miku took two days (6PM order ==> 3PM delivery two days later), while my Jeanne d'Arc Nendo took three (10PM order ==> afternoon delivery three days later).

I remember the petite box, the one that took like 36 hours, was mangled to hell. They resealed that one.

Or just DHL sucks. Which is probably the most likely.

I imagine DHL basically opens up my packages. I remember the first one from amazon.jp, it was basically one step from caving in upon itself.

Luckily, amazon.jp packs the stuff pretty damn amazingly. Much better than amazon.

Tempy

don't ask me for codes
I've had an Amazon.co.jp package arrive via DHL to NL in 2 days. So yeah, it's fast! Especially since you can pay taxes up front now. If only more stuff could be sent abroad though.

antibolo

Banned
FedEx once delivered me an order from Play-Asia (ie. Hong-Kong) the very next day.

It was a Thursday and I was all like "uh too bad I won't have it for the weekend" but then on Friday BAM it was here.

I don't even know how that's possible.

Managed to just get a figure delivered with SAL shipping delivered in 11 days just now which seemed suspiciously fast to me. My next SAL delivery is probably going to get cursed or something.

Acid08

Banned
oh wait today is a Japanese national holiday

which means stuff probably won't be shipping out of the country today

fuuuuuu

kewlmyc

oh mother fucker. I better get my payment request for Sorey, She-Hulk and Himeji castle this week, or AmiAmi will be Sorey, all right.

You bought Sorey? I'm shocked.

Already got my pay request for him and it already shipped, so what figure is holding up your order?

Femto.

AmiAmi is closed today :(

I blame my CC company, they declined my payment last night so I had to call today to verify that I was making the purchase and had to change my payment method on Ami. Now I'm waiting for another payment request.

Fuuuuuuuuuuuuu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom