• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.

meijiko

Well DHL just delivered the package with what I say has to have been the most quite knock I have ever heard. If my tv wasn't near mute and I wasn't near the door I wouldn't have had a chance to hear it.

Wanna see how the box looked like when they delivered it? :p

Pictures don't do it justice, the box was literally falling apart.
Times like these I'm glad amiami kills an entire forest everytime they ship my monthly orders lol

Ugh that's awful. I too am quite grateful for Amiami's packaging. There's a reason I keep most of the shipping boxes I get from them.

I'm glad the proxy I use for Japan orders (Shopping Mall Japan) also overpacks stuff. I hear a lot of people complain about their shipping practices because they might use too large a box or too much packing material, but that's part of the reason I've stuck with them for almost five years. Some of my stuff is really fragile or prone to damage, like anime cels.

Ultimadrago

By some absolute miracle everything looks fine. There was absolutely no padding whatsoever just all the items were cling wrapped together in plastic but nothing at all was protecting any of the items inside. There were 4 soundtracks too with a bunch of heavy artbooks and all seem to be perfectly fine. I haven't opend the soundtracks so I cant say if the disks are fine but from the outside everything looks good. I guess I'm spoiled by AmiAmi, Nisa, Iffy and 3rd party sellers who pack things beautifully lol

Glad everything came out alright. Those boxes look horrible! D:

Bombless

Amiami still hasn't split Lucina from my order, sent them an email. I'm leaving on vacation next Tuesday and I want this bill paid before that.

Well DHL just delivered the package with what I say has to have been the most quite knock I have ever heard. If my tv wasn't near mute and I wasn't near the door I wouldn't have had a chance to hear it.

Times like these I'm glad amiami kills an entire forest everytime they ship my monthly orders lol
By some absolute miracle everything looks fine. There was absolutely no padding whatsoever just all the items were cling wrapped together in plastic but nothing at all was protecting any of the items inside. There were 4 soundtracks too with a bunch of heavy artbooks and all seem to be perfectly fine. I haven't opend the soundtracks so I cant say if the disks are fine but from the outside everything looks good. I guess I'm spoiled by AmiAmi, Nisa, Iffy and 3rd party sellers who pack things beautifully lol

It seems like Amazon.jp gives as many fucks about shipping stuff properly as it does over here. Glad everything is alright.

B-ttzsCUIAAAP-Y.jpg:large

This was how one of my amazon.jp packages arrived. The box was literally falling apart. You could open the top and just peer into what was inside.

Everything was basically fine, it's just we get spoiled by all the overpacking every other company does. ~_~

Muzicfreq

Banned
Another thing to know about amazon is that most the time they aren't the one's packing and shipping the items but the stores that go through them

I still cant fathom people that say they have problems with amazon NA, best shipping ever on anything for me

EDIT: Except blazblue continuum shift

I dunno, should have seen how my risty was packed. Was almost boxception

Directly from Amazon is usually just the item in a box with a sheet of the big bubble plastic just layed across the top for me.

Another thing to know about amazon is that most the time they aren't the one's packing and shipping the items but the stores that go through them

You can check if it is sold through Amazon or through a retailer posting to Amazon though. I'm talking specifically about Amazon.

Ugh that's awful. I too am quite grateful for Amiami's packaging. There's a reason I keep most of the shipping boxes I get from them.

I'm glad the proxy I use for Japan orders (Shopping Mall Japan) also overpacks stuff. I hear a lot of people complain about their shipping practices because they might use too large a box or too much packing material, but that's part of the reason I've stuck with them for almost five years. Some of my stuff is really fragile or prone to damage, like anime cels.

Yeah ami does have great shipping especially since im importing, if a item gets damaged from overseas its a lot harder to get help.

Glad everything came out alright. Those boxes look horrible! D:

Thanks and yeah, my heart sunk and feared for the worst when the guy handed me the package.

It seems like Amazon.jp gives as many fucks about shipping stuff properly as it does over here. Glad everything is alright.

Yeah every amazon Ive shopped with seems to have atrocious shipping departments.

I still cant fathom people that say they have problems with amazon NA, best shipping ever on anything for me

EDIT: Except blazblue continuum shift

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (sorry not being mean)

You have no clue how much I hate NA amazon with a passion. They are by far the most shittiest, incompetent, disgraceful shipping service that I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Ive placed over 300 orders over 4 years from them. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them has had damaged goods. I wish I could fire the entire shipping department. I'm glad you've had good experiences with them but I could go on for 10 pages about how shitty they have been to me lol They dont know what padding is, they shipped my freaking bravely default limited edition IN A BUBBLE MAILER!!!!! That thing is made of soft cardboard!!!!!!!
Don't get me started on ordering LE's from them.......

It is impossible to order from amazon NA without getting a damaged item. They can rot in H*** for all I care lol

sorry just talking about amazon and how much trouble every order from them turns out to be angers me

/rant :3

I looks like the dhl man got the box from amazon, then swam across the pacific and then ran on foot to your house..
That's why they knocked so quietly, they were tired.

I wouldn't doubt it lol

Muzicfreq

Banned
Yeah ami does have great shipping especially since im importing, if a item gets damaged from overseas its a lot harder to get help.

Thanks and yeah, my heart sunk and feared for the worst when the guy handed me the package.

Yeah every amazon Ive shopped with seems to have atrocious shipping departments.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA (sorry not being mean)

You have no clue how much I hate NA amazon with a passion. They are by far the most shittiest, incompetent, disgraceful shipping service that I have ever had the misfortune to deal with. Ive placed over 300 orders over 4 years from them. EVERY SINGLE ONE of them has had damaged goods. I wish I could fire the entire shipping department. I'm glad you've had good experiences with them but I could go on for 10 pages about how shitty they have been to me lol They dont know what padding is, they shipped my freaking bravely default limited edition IN A BUBBLE MAILER!!!!! That thing is made of soft cardboard!!!!!!!
Don't get me started on ordering LE's from them.......

It is impossible to order from amazon NA without getting a damaged item. They can rot in H*** for all I care lol

/rant :3

I wouldn't doubt it lol
No packages from amazon here in az has been damaged and packed pretty darn good

They are terrible for special/limited editions of games.

Throwing it in a bubble wrapper is like a terrible idea.
yea they only ever did that for me once (blazblue continuum shift) besides that, always packed well, and I buy A LOT of CEs

for an exact example, my bravely default came in a padded box, unlike colettes bubble wrapper

yea they only ever did that for me once (blazblue continuum shift) besides that, always packed well, and I buy A LOT of CEs

for an exact example, my bravely default came in a padded box, unlike colettes bubble wrapper

for me they always pick boxes that just fit the items and throw a single air pillow on top of the items, every single package is packed like that (except if its a bubble mailer) lol

for me they always pick boxes that just fit the items and throw a single air pillow on top of the items, every single package is packed like that (except if its a bubble mailer) lol

Pretty much the same for me. I've never recieved anything worse than a crinkled corner or flap on a box bent but I can still recognize the shit shipping.

Bummer I got all 9 volumes of gundam origins from amazon and they came in perfect condition. They're easy to open boxes don't require knives also help so you don't over cut into the book.

You have good taste, sir. I just brought volume 9 home yesterday. I tend to buy that series from a physical store because I want to inspect before I buy.

Pretty much the same for me. I've never recieved anything worse than a crinkled corner or flap on a box bent but I can still recognize the shit shipping.

Yeah. same fore me the box's arrive looking fine on the outside but inside is just a mess. They have amazing customer service I'll give them that but unless they have an absolute deal or if the item is nowhere but there/unbreakable I'll avoid them. Just too much heartache with damaged items
-----------------------------------------
My Annabelle came in and her box is huge! She looks beautiful, time to display her next to Daisy.

cajunator

Banned
I'm so happy that I actually understand this conversation.

Same. Putting together 3 PCs has helped me greatly.

Alright, I just placed all my orders for the selected figures in yesterday's "help me burn away my tax return" activity! Thanks again to everyone who participated in making me poorer!

As a self-imposed punishment for turning down on CrazyMoonTalk's totally legit first submission like a spineless coward, I have added his second submission, Snow Miku 2014, as an extra 3rd figure! Yay! My wallet hurts even more!

Here's a BONUS SEXY SANTA MIKU as a gift to you all:

Shoulda got HSP Miku!
You chose wisely with Snow miku 2014 though. she is one of the cutest ever.

damn. thats crazy. Ive never gotten a damaged shipping box. Not even from Amazon.
Yall have some terrible luck.

damn. thats crazy. Ive never gotten a damaged shipping box. Not even from Amazon.
Yall have some terrible luck.

When I was 10 a friends grandmother had us play mini golf in a cemetery (yeah....)
I'm convinced some soul who was angry I was putting on their grave has placed a curse on me since >_<

chrono01

Yeah, I've heard some bad things about Amazon Japan's quality of boxes. They're really not meant for International travel. :(

It's why, when I forward anything from them to BIJ, I always choose the repackage option, so BIJ re-packs the items in a more suitable box for travel. It's worth the extra 500 yen for me.

BGBW

Maturity, bitches.
I can't believe that garbage is a figurine, let alone two versions of it, while Mitsudomoe is still figurineless. ;____;

meijiko

I actually like those crazy robot/beast figures. My husband finds them grotesque, though, so they won't be a part of our collection.

If they make a witch one, though...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom