• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Figure GAF |OT5| Discussion opened, posters a little damaged

Status
Not open for further replies.
No Alter for you?

So far I got Kotori and Eri on Pre-order, luckily its spread over a year and I don't plan on getting anything else. As well as both Alter figures (No swimsuit Maki).

I like this Rin though.

Oh of course I'll be getting all 3 of alters (that Kotori is absolutely beautiful) / anything else they release and have GSC's Honoka but there's no guarantee that either company will make all the girls as well as both Alters and GSC's LL figures are all in different outfits and don't match together so I wanted 1 complete scale set of all the girls matching so I decided upon the birthday set.

Yaari

Oh of course I'll be getting all 3 of alters (that Kotori is absolutely beautiful) / anything else they release and have GSC's Honoka but there's no guarantee that either company will make all the girls as well as both Alters and GSC's LL figures are all in different outfits and don't match together so I wanted 1 complete scale set of all the girls matching so I decided upon the birthday set.

Ah. Yeah I agree. I knew they were going to cost more, but I do feel the price reflects the quality. The other ones just look pretty mediocre. And this will probably be my favorite complete set once its done.

Not because they look that great, but I like the franchise more than the rest of what is in my collection. So price is warranted.

I do wonder if they can get everything done without any delays though.

raven777

Stronger's LoveLive birthday figures have been great so far.

CD1ss0qUUAAlzw5.png:large

Good thing I don't collect all of them. But I am really

CD1pIbuVIAAPiSl.jpg

really tempted to order Rin.

Also I can't wait to see Maki

omlet

The best thing is that Nico gets the ! base so you can get her without investing in the entire set. I feel bad for fans of inferior aidoru who would have to make the choice to have an incomplete set of bases (or just get the whole set and ensure wallet death). Suffering either way.

inb4 one of you terrible monsters with bad tastes says you can leave Nico out of the collection with no downside since her base isn't a letter

antibolo

Banned
I know absolutely nothing about Love Live but when I saw that group pic the first thing that came to mind was "I bet that the girl who got stuck with the exclamation mark is the worst".

Einbroch

Banned
Nico is great and in no way has the personality of a spoiled little kid. Love her constant cries for attention, not annoying at all! Nico da bes!

shishishishishi.sticker

omlet

I know absolutely nothing about Love Live but when I saw that group pic the first thing that came to mind was "I bet that the girl who got stuck with the exclamation mark is the worst".

First things to mind are frequently wrong, as this illustrates.

Vocaloid Gumi 1/8 Mamama Style, Whisper, Ver.1.1 by Aquamarine on preorder
Aquamarine officially opens pre-orders today for their Vocaloid Gumi Mamama Style/Whisper version, originally released in February last year, this time proposed in her Ver.1.1 edition. The popular vocaloid, sculpted in her “Megpoid Whisper” outfit, is going to be re-released in an updated version which features changes in the eyes and production process.

Listed for a price ¥9333, Vocaloid Gumi Ver.1.1 is sculpted in a 1/8 scale standing 20 cm tall by Hiroshi Umiyama (Knead), manufactured by Aquamarine and distributed by Good Smile Company, and is scheduled for release in July 2015.
aquamarine_gumi-1.jpg

----------------------------------------------------------------------
“Sangokushi Rumble” Kan’u 1/8 by Square Enix on preorder
It was back in September last year with Tokyo Game Show 2014 that Square Enix revealed painted prototype for their “Sangokushi Rumble” Kan’u (Kanu) figure.

The company officially opens pre-orders today for the figure, sculpted in a 1/8 scale standing 31.5 cm tall and is listed for a price of ¥13800 with release date scheduled for August 2015.

Kan’u comes with item codes to be used within iOS/Android game app “Sangokushi Rumble” as special bonuses, including a limited SR card (w/boss heika “kanu”) “Kanu” and an “Over SR promised Gacha ticket with increase of 10% appearance rate of LE”.
squareenix_kanu-1.jpg

“Love Live! School Idol Project” Hoshizora Rin Birthday Figure Project 1/8 by Dengeki, Stronger on preorder
After yesterday’s (April 29th, 2015) little break due to the start of Golden Week in Japan, companies have started again to announce and present their products as usual today.

We start with Dengeki and Stronger‘s Hoshizora Rin Birthday Figure Project version, third item of the set of figures dedicated to “Love Live! School Idol Project”. After previously announced figures of Ayase Eri and Minami Kotori, pre-orders officially open today for Hoshizora Rin as well.

The figure is sculpted in a 1/8 scale standing 20 cm tall by Miyajima Katsuyoshi and Sakaki Kaoru, and is listed for a price of ¥11880 (with tax) with release date scheduled for October 2015. The figure is exclusive to Dengekiya, and pre-orders can be placed until July 5th, 2015.
stronger_rinbd-1.jpg

“Masou Gakuen HxH” Himekawa Hayuru Skytube 1/6 by Alphamax on preorder
Alphamax opens pre-orders today for their “Masou Gakuen HxH” Himekawa Hayuru Skytube figure, revealed painted by the company just a few days ago. The sexy figure is sculpted in a 1/6 scale by 2% standing 18.5 cm tall and is based on an original illustration by Hisasi.
alphamax_himekawapreo-intro.jpg

“Masou Gakuen HxH” Himekawa Hayuru is listed for a price of ¥13800 with release date scheduled for September 2015, and is castoffable with both her bra and panties coming off. Firstpress of this item comes with a postcard featuring Hisasi’s illustration, and orders placed at Skytube Online Shop are provided with a set of semi-transparent underwear as special bonus.

The figure can be ordered at Skytube Online Shop starting today until June 12th, 2015.
“Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei” Shiba Miyuki 1/8 by Broccoli unpainted prototype
Broccoli releases today official photos of unpainted prototype for their “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei” Shiba Miyuki figure, which is sculpted by M.I.C. in a 1/8 scale.

The company’s 3D interpretation of the “Mahouka Koukou no Rettousei” main female protagonist is quite different from previously announced and/or released figures of this character by other manufacturers, like Penguin Parade, MegaHouse, or Embrace Japan‘s takes.

Broccoli’s Shiba Miyuki is proposed in her underwear while she’s holding her uniform, with an embarrassed expression on her face and looking like she is awkwardly trying to cover her almost naked body. At the moment, price and release date for the figure are still to be announced.
broccoli_shibaun-1.jpg

“Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold” Shujinkou figma by Max Factory on preorder
Previewed in April 2015 edition of Good Smile Company’s NicoNico Live Streaming on April 24th, “Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold” Shujinkou (also known as Yu Narukami) figma figure by Max Factory is officially up for pre-order starting today.
maxfactory_persona4yufigma-intro.jpg

The poseable figure dedicated to the protagonist of “Persona 4″ comes with three expressions including his standard confident expression, a battle expression, and a face with white eyes to pose him while taking damage. His katana, loose glasses, and a fringe part with glasses attached are included as special parts; also included is a “Persona” card.

Special arm parts for figma Aigis: The ULTIMATE ver. (sold separately) are also included with Shujinkou, and pre-orders placed at Good Smile Company Online Shop come with an Alternate Jacket part (a static version of the regular one) as a special bonus.

The figure, sculpted by Jun Yamaoka and Masaki Apsy and standing 15 cm tall, is listed for a price of ¥6000 with release date scheduled for September 2015. On this note, release date for the figure is reported to be on September 2015 both at GSC Official Site and major retailers and stores, though Good Smile Company Online Shop and the promotional flyer for the figure appearing at their website (picture above) list the figure as a October 2015 release.

We will update this article if any major changes to release date happen in the following days, though it’s relatively safe to consider “Persona 4: The Ultimax Ultra Suplex Hold” Shujinkou figma figure as a Late September/Early October 2015 release.
maxfactory_persona4yufigma-1.jpg

=====================================
Medicchu Yamato & Angela Balzac
Hello everyone, Kahotan here! (@gsc_kahotan)

How was everyone been spending the last day of April?
What! That means a third of the year is… over?! (°Д°;≡°Д°;)

Anyway, today I’m going to be taking a look at two of Phat! Company’s Medicchu figures, both which went up for preorder today! First up we have…

Medicchu KanColle: Yamato!
o0515043613290788220.jpg

From the popular browser game ‘Kantai Collection -KanColle-’ comes a figure of the first Yamato-class battleship ‘Yamato’! The figure is joining the adorable ‘Medicchu’ series of chibi figures!All her characteristic features have been carefully added to the chibi design, including the huge 46cm three-barrelled turrets and umbrella-shaped radar! A Medicchu designed to stretch the limits of the design!
First of the Yamato-class battleships, Yamato. Heading out!

The latest in the ongoing Medicchu KanColle series! Her cute little umbrella, the cherry blossoms in her hair and the huge ship parts!! Everything that makes Yamato special has been shrunk down into an adorable Medicchu figure!
------
This is actually the 13th in the series!!
I wonder who will be coming up next! I can’t wait to see! (。・ω・)ノ゙

But anyway, let’s get back to Yamato!

This is how she looks from the back! ♪
o0515044013290788221.jpg

A mini umbrella and hair tied up rather high!

Plus of course the reverse side of the ship parts, which are amazingly detailed for such a small figure!
Speaking of ship parts…
o0500048813290788223.jpg

Even in Medicchu size they have quite a presence!

The figure stands just 70mm in height, but still captures everything that makes Yamato special!! ♥︎

Plus… the ship parts actually move!!
o0515050013290789452.gif

△ These can twist around like this!
o0515050013290789453.gif

△ While others can be aimed like so!

The figure has given careful attention both the lovely design of Yamato herself as well as the pride of any Kanmusu – her ship parts! Fans of the series won’t be disappointed!
---------
Medicchu Expelled from Paradise: Angela Balzac
o0515062213290787761.jpg

From the original anime film ‘Expelled from Paradise’ comes a chibi figure of Angela Balzac to join the Medicchu series of figures! She has a bit of a pouty expression on her face and her intricate suit has been sculpted in very high detail. The base she stands on is made in the image of Arhan to bring out the atmosphere of the series even more.
The System Security Third Officer as a Meddichu!! ♡

The expression on her face suits the design and her personality so perfectly! The Medicchu design is so original and differs from the original character design quite a a lot… but both Yamato and Angela have been converted so very nicely! Every detail from her outfit and design have been adorably shrunk down! ♪

The expression is without a doubt where my heart goes first, but after that the design of the outfit and base which really bring out the atmosphere of the series! ヽ(*・ω・)人(・ω・*)ノ

Even the back design has been faithfully kept!
o0515046313291677947.jpg

Note the clear blue parts for her hair accessories!

Together with the glossy appearance of the outfit, it makes for a very futuristic looking outfit! The sculpt of the hair is also done very cutely! ♥︎

Returning to the front…!
o0515039313290787885.jpg

Another bountiful bosom…! (●´ω`●)

Angela has a very tight suit, which makes her body’s curves all the more prominent!
o0515064413290787886.jpg

Plus her base is made in the image of Arhan!

Another nice touch from Phat! Company to bring out the atmosphere of the series! She’s actually very fun to enjoy from various different angles! (。・ω・)ノ゙
Figma Yu preordered and that Xenoblade doll is by Koto, so those who are thinking of getting like me probably should improve their painting skills XD

antibolo

Banned
So I'm wondering, will Yu's jacket be removable? I mean we know that the GSC store offers an alternate jacket as bonus, but will it be possible to pose the figure without the jacket, or will it just look weird? I find it strange that they don't show it off in any of the official photos.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom