• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

Nope, you'll want to max out of the LB upon each evolution (since each new rarity expands in further, but the progress earned carries over), so max it out at 3*, then 4*/5*/6*. It's a headache, but it'll be so worth it in the end.

That is the most efficient method, but does the average account that just got Cecil for the first time last event have enough time remaining until a 6* Cecil is mandatory to be able to do this?

If I level a 3* Cecil's LB, then combine it with a 6* Cecil... will the LB lv carry over? I got antsy with getting him to 6* and his LB is lv 4. I got a 2nd Cecil at 3* a day ago

Nope :/

I've only filled up the NRG bar around 4 times since the event came out I think. I've just been constantly killing the Pumpkin Rider as soon as I have the NRG to do so and nothing else (apart from Daily quests). The candies just kept coming in! I did have one rank up too. I finished The Giant of Babel before this came out too so didn't have to revisit that.

I'm in the same position, and I feel like I'm far behind everyone. I figured I have been as efficient as possible (to my satisfaction, energy bar never hits full, always on ADV Rider) and have also ranked up once already. Still. I'm as many as 20k candies or more behind some of you. Can't figure out what I am doing wrong here.

Broseybrose

Daily Half-Pull: Black Cat Lid! Very pleasant surprise.

My first focus unit! Which is great because the support role is where my roster lacks. No Vaan, Ramza, Delita or WoL. Or Lightning. :(

But, for being FTP and only 2 months playing, I think Ive built up a really impressive roster: Cecil, Leo, Artemios, CoD, Kefka, Tellah, Lenna, Rydia, Terra, Garland, Roselia, Kain, Mustadio, Locke, Alma... plus a bunch of great TM units (Zidane, Ludmille, etc.) which I just started farming a few days ago.

Added some friend slots if anyone needs more Gaffers on their list.

Lightning at the ready, 055,589,631
Just remember to put GAF in your msg :)
Sent a FR.

Shouta

So I caved in and dropped 100 bucks into the JP version because I wanted to try for Prishe. It came out to about 14500 lapis. Did one 11 pull first on the featured units for the one year Anniversary and one 11 pull on the FFXI banner.

jeCpXnA.jpg

Yesssssss!

Also got

My FFXI pull turned out like this.

No Prishe but 2 new 6 star units and a second Rikku. Not bad. Still, Orlandu!

Kouriozan

So I caved in and dropped 100 bucks into the JP version because I wanted to try for Prishe. It came out to about 14500 lapis. Did one pull first on the featured units for the one year Anniversary and one on the FFXI banner.
Wow, that Orlandu, gratz on the pulls!
Ashe looks great, hope I'll manage to ger her in 5 months~

Just beat ADV colloseum and got the Giant's Sword, which seems completely useless. I'm assuming it's only worth is in making the Blood Sword, right?

And how does one go about getting the mats for the Blood Sword again? I know you have to rerun the colloseum, but is there a guide for which ones and how many times? Seems pretty arduous for a so-so weapon. Really feeling jaded on the colloseum in general. What a letdown.

Lyrian

Wow, impressive pull, Shouta!

Just beat ADV colloseum and got the Giant's Sword, which seems completely useless. I'm assuming it's only worth is in making the Blood Sword, right?

And how does one go about getting the mats for the Blood Sword again? I know you have to rerun the colloseum, but is there a guide for which ones and how many times? Seems pretty arduous for a so-so weapon. Really feeling jaded on the colloseum in general. What a letdown.

Yup, only for making Blood Sword.

Materials are obtained by clearing S-3 two more times, S-4 three more times, and S-5 three more times.

So I caved in and dropped 100 bucks into the JP version because I wanted to try for Prishe. It came out to about 14500 lapis. Did one 11 pull first on the featured units for the one year Anniversary and one 11 pull on the FFXI banner.

I'm slightly confused.

None of those are the Emperor.

I...what...

scarlet

You're still alive?

You whore!!

Add away for those that haven't:

I'm here you silly :*

Just beat ADV colloseum and got the Giant's Sword, which seems completely useless. I'm
assuming it's only worth is in making the Blood Sword, right?

S3 2 more times
S4 3 more times
S5 3 more times

Yesssssss!

Also got

Orlandu!!!!!!! Grats

across

Nope, you'll want to max out of the LB upon each evolution (since each new rarity expands in further, but the progress earned carries over), so max it out at 3*, then 4*/5*/6*. It's a headache, but it'll be so worth it in the end.

There's been some talk on the FFBE reddit that you can skip grinding him at 5* because at 6* he gains High Tide and it comes out to be the same amount of time spent per each limit break use, or something. This obviously doesn't apply if you only plan on levelling his LB via LB pots.

For my part, I have a 3* Cecil I'm going to put some measure of effort into LB levelling, but no way am I going to sit through 5* LB raising. Max 3*, max 4*, move straight to 6*.

I remain intensely skeptical that this LB levelling stuff is going to matter - Shouta here has indicated otherwise, as have several JP players on the FFBE reddit. I still don't understand in what event are we generating enough LB crystals for it to be a factor. Lengthy trials like Gilgamesh, I guess?

chrono01

That is the most efficient method, but does the average account that just got Cecil for the first time last event have enough time remaining until a 6* Cecil is mandatory to be able to do this?
That's a good question.

I'm still going to try, and I have a few 5* tanks already (as well as WoL), but I'd love a 6* tank for more difficult content. ELT of the Halloween event already worries me...

Lightning at the ready, 055,589,631
Just remember to put GAF in your msg :)
Added!

Yesssssss!

Also got

Congrats man, nice pulls!

There's been some talk on the FFBE reddit that you can skip grinding him at 5* because at 6* he gains High Tide and it comes out to be the same amount of time spent per each limit break use, or something. This obviously doesn't apply if you only plan on levelling his LB via LB pots.

For my part, I have a 3* Cecil I'm going to put some measure of effort into LB levelling, but no way am I going to sit through 5* LB raising. Max 3*, max 4*, move straight to 6*.

I remain intensely skeptical that this LB levelling stuff is going to matter - Shouta here has indicated otherwise, as have several JP players on the FFBE reddit. I still don't understand in what event are we generating enough LB crystals for it to be a factor. Lengthy trials like Gilgamesh, I guess?
Interesting indeed!

Shouta

Crazy thing about the Orlandu pull, the crystal that came down for the 11-pull was a blue then turned yellow. I was thinking "Ah yeah, my guaranteed 4 star, meh" then it turned Rainbow and then I had to pick up my jaw from the floor.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Crazy thing about the Orlandu pull, the crystal that came down for the 11-pull was a blue then turned yellow. I was thinking "Ah yeah, my guaranteed 4 star, meh" then it turned Rainbow and then I had to pick up my jaw from the floor.

what's it like? what's it like getting a rainbow?

That is just freaking insane, from blue to the god damn gold mine! I pray to have your luck when he comes to global.

Lyrian

That's a good question.

I'm still going to try, and I have a few 5* tanks already (as well as WoL), but I'd love a 6* tank for more difficult content. ELT of the Halloween event already worries me...

/nodding along as we realize maxed 6*s are already required for ELT events, worried as well.

All the warning signs are in place, hence the significant concern.

First, Cecil is a 3* base card, hence he is considered to be "baseline" unit. Most players are expected to have him. Granting him 6* status first is very worrisome by itself, as it signals that most players are expected to have him already.

Second, consider the warning signs in place in this current event window.

-- There are sufficient, highly discounted, 6* awakening mats available to awaken him to 6*. No excuses here for not awakening him at this point.

-- 100 Jumbo Cactaurs are available for practically free in this event. This won't get him all of the way there alone, but as CCIE mentioned earlier, Cactaur Dunes will show up before the end of the event to get him the rest of the way to level 100. No excuses here, either.

Third, consider the current difficulty on the available event content at the moment.

-- Pumpkin Rider ADV is on par with Babil PRO. It's doable and manageable with a maxed out non-TM'd 5* team.

-- The next difficulty on Babil, ELT, absolutely destroyed 5* teams without a Lightning carry. Frankly, I'm not expecting anything less than Golbez level difficulty when the Pumpkin King shows up on Friday.

** Worse yet, my gut feeling tells me that a 6* Cecil + a tricked out Lightning friend is going to be needed for the King. The only saving grace might be if the king does not show up with a "No Continue" condition for his fight. Then, it might simply be prudent to brute force it via a couple continues for the scythe and then go back to ADV for candy corn farming.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
/nodding along as we realize maxed 6*s are already required for ELT events, worried as well.

Still no 6*, still nothing I haven't been able to handle.

** Worse yet, my gut feeling tells me that a 6* Cecil + a tricked out Lightning friend is going to be needed for the King. The only saving grace might be if the king does not show up with a "No Continue" condition for his fight. Then, it might simply be prudent to brute force it via a couple continues for the scythe and then go back to ADV for candy corn farming.

Exact opposite, if you want to brute force the event. They'll be needed for sure. But otherwise, it will still be doable.

Also on the other things, while I can't say for sure. I believe the discounted 6* mats are in JPN too.

Lyrian

Exact opposite, if you want to brute force the event. They'll be needed for sure. But otherwise, it will still be doable.

Also on the other things, while I can't say for sure. I believe the discounted 6* mats are in JPN too.

Fair enough. I suppose if a player wanted to simply hard continue through it all, then they can simply bring their largest glass cannon physical or elemental chain and throw lapis at the king until they win.

JP does have discounted 6* mats. But that also comes with the expectation of players having 6* units on teams for content. That's a fair expectation given how many 6*s are available on JP. The question is whether Global is at that point yet or not. We shall see.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I have pretty decent maxed out 5* party options:

DPS: CoD / Garland
Tanks: Lego / Charlotte
Mages: Kefka / Kuja / Terra

And I can't even touch this event ADV without a 480+ Lightning or Ramza. Not even close!

Now, I have no TMs, I only have a start into rare gear, and my espers are weak af so few bonuses there. But it's clear to me that 6*s are already a requirement for higher tier events.

I 100% believe in Lyrian's theory here, piecing together the past few weeks and events together the way he has. I'd add this: we're getting new 6* units with every event, further diluting the pool and increasing that baseline of expectations, yes.

But look closer and you'll see that DPS -- between Lightning, Dark Night Cecil, Dracu Lasswell, Delita, and Ramza ... the top 5 DPS units have all been released in the past 5-6 weeks.

Yes, obvious new gacha units will be increasingly better is obvious, but that they're all DPS and that this particular event basically requires a 500+ unit if you're not stacked otherwise is a big old red flag.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Fair enough. I suppose if a player wanted to simply hard continue through it all, then they can simply bring their largest glass cannon physical or elemental chain and throw lapis at the king until they win.

JP does have discounted 6* mats. But that also comes with the expectation of players having 6* units on teams for content. That's a fair expectation given how many 6*s are available on JP. The question is whether Global is at that point yet or not. We shall see.

I went thru the first three trials and Colosseum with Edgar, Fina, and Rain on my team. It's not a question of if they want to, it's a question of them either bearing with it and working out a strategy with some luck or giving up. All the 6* characters have done is allow me to completely cheese the event, but I never felt like anything was impossible either. I don't think we're supposed to be blowing away the bosses in 2 turns.

And if I recall what others said, the reason for the discount mats is they give you enough to awaken one + change with little effort each event. If you want to awakening another, you have to start choosing between event items or mats. That's the idea behind it.

NomarTyme

And I can't even touch this event ADV without a 480+ Lightning or Ramza. Not even close!

Now, I have no TMs, I only have a start into rare gear, and my espers are weak af so few bonuses there. But it's clear to me that 6*s are already a requirement for higher tier events.

I 100% believe in Lyrian's theory here, piecing together the past few weeks and events together the way he has. I'd add this: we're getting new 6* units with every event, further diluting the pool and increasing that baseline of expectations, yes.

But look closer and you'll see that DPS -- between Lightning, Dark Night Cecil, Dracu Lasswell, Delita, and Ramza ... the top 5 DPS units have all been released in the past 5-6 weeks.

Yes, obvious new gacha units will be increasingly better is obvious, but that they're all DPS and that this particular event basically requires a 500+ unit if you're not stacked otherwise is a big old red flag.
There is still ways around it.
https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...ightning_no_problem_one_turn_kill_with_edgar/

orion434

Raz reached the cap, couldn't add you.

So if using Cecil over Warrior of Light for Tank, what do so do for the lack of Full Break?

Lyrian

I went thru the first three trials and Colosseum with Edgar, Fina, and Rain on my team. It's not a question of if they want to, it's a question of them either bearing with it and working out a strategy with some luck or giving up. All the 6* characters have done is allow me to completely cheese the event, but I never felt like anything was impossible either. I don't think we're supposed to be blowing away the bosses in 2 turns.

And if I recall what others said, the reason for the discount mats is they give you enough to awaken one + change with little effort each event. If you want to awakening another, you have to start choosing between event items or mats. That's the idea behind it.

The King will be up for a week and only really needs to be cleared once. That said, I'm sure a strategy will become apparent for him rather quickly, if needed or desirable. If the King is not too ridiculous in difficulty, has a significantly superior candy corn drop rate, and a reasonable and stable zero-lapis clear strategy can be crafted, then that strategy will be passed around and everyone will go from there. I seriously doubt the King will be killable by most in 2-3 turns. That would defeat the purpose of the Survivor Waters.

To your second point, you are complementing the assertion I am making. Cheap awakening mats are there because the expectation is that a player's 3* base units that have a 6* awakening should be in their 6* forms. Cheap mats enables a player to do this easily.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch

Have you thought maybe that is the issue? You're not geared, your espers are weak, etc. And you're expecting to waltz into the current high end content. You're able to get by, by being carried with another unit. It's very akin to MMOs when you bring a maxed leveled friend to rush through it.

And yes, but I don't put all my value into rankings either. While all the top 5 are 6*, that is solely due to being 6*. Many of them also require TMs to make them better than several of the 5*, due to lacking a strong kit. In comparison to Chizzy or Kefka that have extremely great kits to start, only Lightning has a strong kit. And even then, my Chizzy is outperforming a lot of Lightnings on this event because of how strong Barrage is for single target DPS. Or chaining Fira with ExDeath, Tellah, etc.

Basically, the people who can touch it are the people who put in the work at some point to get ahead of the curve. I can't say it any other way, but it's either a point where you suck it up and grind through it to get ahead. Or you rely on the curve taking you forward naturally. Mine was with the Frost Dragon, took me 2+ weeks for the kill and I still got it with luck(No mage with fire, no full break, no fire weapons). During that time, I spent it leveling up my Espers, figuring out how to get the items I need, etc. And I know I've been ahead of the curve since.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I mean, I don't expect to waltz into shit, but you're saying that a 5* team can carry you through this, and that's kinda glossing over that you've been doing this for months (and have all of the above) when the point is that these events are very rapidly increasing in difficulty where 6*s are required, soooo

Syntsui

Long running game keeps releasing more and more challenging content which are hard for newcomers, wow who would have thought!

Lyrian

I mean, I don't expect to waltz into shit, but you're saying that a 5* team can carry you through this, and that's kinda glossing over that you've been doing this for months (and have all of the above) when the point is that these events are very rapidly increasing in difficulty where 6*s are required, soooo

Shintoki isn't wrong here.

In these types of games, the bar that needs to be cleared for content will always continue to increase with every event.

Players have to keep advancing forward to keep up with the power creep. Yes, this does disadvantage new players. But at the same time, power creep does make catching up the bar of expectations easier over time (for example, megacites were quite plentiful last event, and 100 jumbo cactuars are practically free in this event).

Now, if we are talking about endgame tier content, that's a whole completely different tier of expectations. Endgame typically always requires the best in gear and units that are available at the time. Right now, on Global, that's TM'd weapons, dual wield, and 5* base 6* units. For most, that's out of reach. Over time, this becomes easier as the power creep bar advances. That said, there will always be new and more difficult content and rarer units being released to advance the power creep.

No one knows how much longer a single OP 6* unit can carry an entire 5* team through endgame content. Probably not much longer, to be honest. As more 3* bases are available to advance to 6*, the expectations of the game will be to have 6* unit teams.

Regardless of the situation of where the game is, there is always one constant. Effort in = rewards out. If a player puts in effort to get as close to the power creep curve as possible, they will maximize their chances of completing endgame content and acquiring the needed gear to keep up with the power curve.

Celegus

Zidane was at 97.5% on his TM, so I thought maybe I could squeeze it out pretty quick and get back to candies. A full bar of energy turned into a 0.2% gain.... ugh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom