• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

tuffymon

First time I've ever crashed in the arena, beating S-5 Adv boss >.>;; Easy fight for my setup... just annoying T.T

One slot left 622, 464, 324

Acerac

Banned
As a new player the events don't feel unreasonable to me. I'm starting to get to the point where I can do actual damage to bosses, and considering how long I've been playing it feels I've made a good amount of progress.

Rootbeer

Banned
Finishing off some stray quests...

Finding 10 hungers is turning out to be the biggest pain in the butt this game has ever thrown at me

Their rate at Deserted Highroad - Southwest is absolutely terrible. Spent 60 energy and didn't see a single one.

Wicked Peaks costs more energy... but is the rate there higher? Anyone finished this quest?

EDarkness

Have you thought maybe that is the issue? You're not geared, your espers are weak, etc. And you're expecting to waltz into the current high end content. You're able to get by, by being carried with another unit. It's very akin to MMOs when you bring a maxed leveled friend to rush through it.

And yes, but I don't put all my value into rankings either. While all the top 5 are 6*, that is solely due to being 6*. Many of them also require TMs to make them better than several of the 5*, due to lacking a strong kit. In comparison to Chizzy or Kefka that have extremely great kits to start, only Lightning has a strong kit. And even then, my Chizzy is outperforming a lot of Lightnings on this event because of how strong Barrage is for single target DPS. Or chaining Fira with ExDeath, Tellah, etc.

Basically, the people who can touch it are the people who put in the work at some point to get ahead of the curve. I can't say it any other way, but it's either a point where you suck it up and grind through it to get ahead. Or you rely on the curve taking you forward naturally. Mine was with the Frost Dragon, took me 2+ weeks for the kill and I still got it with luck(No mage with fire, no full break, no fire weapons). During that time, I spent it leveling up my Espers, figuring out how to get the items I need, etc. And I know I've been ahead of the curve since.

I think it's more complicated than that. It also depends on what your character draw is and how lucky your characters where with stats when they were leveling up. Someone could have been playing this game for a long time and have crappy characters. Hell, I barely have ANY physical damage dealers. My best and only strong physical damage dealer is Cloud of Darkness. This is through no fault of mine, but the the hand I was dealt. Of course, I could spend a ton of money to buy more lapis to get a chance at a more well rounded group, but even then there's no guarantee this will happen. So if you've been dealt a bad hand, then you're pretty much screwed.

I agree that putting some time in to build espers and the like is a good strategy, but this game requires a serious amount of grinding to be ahead of the curve and a little bit of luck as well. I feel like I'm fairly lucky in that I was able to get a few tanks (Leo, WoL, Cecil) early on and I have a crapton of mages at my disposal. My wife wasn't so lucky and though she got a few damage dealers, some of her characters got the shaft while leveling up and ended up with crappy base stats. I still can't believe that her Terra and Cloud are lower than mine in stats. This will make doing these events a lot harder than they should be.

Personally, I have no problem with being carried by someone's overpowered character. Heh, just means I get to purchase some gear that I wouldn't have been able to get on my own. I'm sure my little crew will get stomped by the next boss, but if it allows continues with lapis, then I'll just do that until he's down as I only have to beat him once.

People used to use this same argument in WoW as to why they couldn't get good gear. That they should raid, or join a raiding guild, or make more friends, etc. before they could get stuff because only those who put in the time deserved to get something good from the game. I'm not a fan of that sort of thinking. It's a lot more feasible in an MMO to carve your own path since putting some time in is usually all you need. In this game, I feel like all the time in the world won't guarantee that you'd been strong enough to do anything, because it's not just the time you need, but luck as well. There's not much you can do about luck. Which is the current argument in WoW about getting legendaries out of the system.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
2Z280yy.png

My cat farming team. :)

bonkeng

I think it's more complicated than that. It also depends on what your character draw is and how lucky your characters where with stats when they were leveling up. Someone could have been playing this game for a long time and have crappy characters. Hell, I barely have ANY physical damage dealers. My best and only strong physical damage dealer is Cloud of Darkness. This is through no fault of mine, but the the hand I was dealt. Of course, I could spend a ton of money to buy more lapis to get a chance at a more well rounded group, but even then there's no guarantee this will happen. So if you've been dealt a bad hand, then you're pretty much screwed.

I agree that putting some time in to build espers and the like is a good strategy, but this game requires a serious amount of grinding to be ahead of the curve and a little bit of luck as well. I feel like I'm fairly lucky in that I was able to get a few tanks (Leo, WoL, Cecil) early on and I have a crapton of mages at my disposal. My wife wasn't so lucky and though she got a few damage dealers, some of her characters got the shaft while leveling up and ended up with crappy base stats. I still can't believe that her Terra and Cloud are lower than mine in stats. This will make doing these events a lot harder than they should be.

Personally, I have no problem with being carried by someone's overpowered character. Heh, just means I get to purchase some gear that I wouldn't have been able to get on my own. I'm sure my little crew will get stomped by the next boss, but if it allows continues with lapis, then I'll just do that until he's down as I only have to beat him once.

People used to use this same argument in WoW as to why they couldn't get good gear. That they should raid, or join a raiding guild, or make more friends, etc. before they could get stuff because only those who put in the time deserved to get something good from the game. I'm not a fan of that sort of thinking. It's a lot more feasible in an MMO to carve your own path since putting some time in is usually all you need. In this game, I feel like all the time in the world won't guarantee that you'd been strong enough to do anything, because it's not just the time you need, but luck as well. There's not much you can do about luck. Which is the current argument in WoW about getting legendaries out of the system.

Fyi, the bolded isn't right. The base stats for all units are already predetermined.

Still, I understand your point. Gacha games will punish you for every mistake you make. Specially when you're a f2p. You need to plan how to spend your Lapis carefully. Some f2players are extremely lucky, some extremely unlucky. This is how it works. Your alternative is spend a lot of cash to get the OP units on their respective banners.

Shouta

The big thing to approaching these types of games, especially if you're not going to spend money, is to keep doing what you can until the pieces fall into place for ya. Most events are designed in such a manner that you can clear it to some extent even if you can't reap all the rewards. You'll just have to be picky and prioritize what rewards you want. Early on, I couldn't get all of the good equipment rewards because of my roster so I settled for getting tickets and whatever equipment I could get.

Most of my top-tier units prior to today were from free tickets and Lapis I had accumulated from events. The one time I spent money prior to today, I didn't get anything good. It was going after Orlandu the first time, ironically. So it's just about whittling away even if it's not as satisfying.

EDarkness

Fyi, the bolded isn't right. The base stats for all units are already predetermined.

Still, I understand your point. Gacha games will punish you for every mistake you make. Specially when you're a f2p. You need to plan how to spend your Lapis carefully. Some f2players are extremely lucky, some extremely unlucky. This is how it works. Your alternative is spend a lot of cash to get the OP units on their respective banners.

Thanks for pointing that out. I compared our characters the other day and they were different using the same gear. However, I just realized that they were on an esper, which is where the difference came into play. Makes sense now.

The big thing to approaching these types of games, especially if you're not going to spend money, is to keep doing what you can until the pieces fall into place for ya. Most events are designed in such a manner that you can clear it to some extent even if you can't reap all the rewards. You'll just have to be picky and prioritize what rewards you want. Early on, I couldn't get all of the good equipment rewards because of my roster so I settled for getting tickets and whatever equipment I could get.

Most of my top-tier units prior to today were from free tickets and Lapis I had accumulated from events. The one time I spent money prior to today, I didn't get anything good. It was going after Orlandu the first time, ironically. So it's just about whittling away even if it's not as satisfying.

That's basically what I've been doing. I'm just trying to enjoy the game for what it is and get whatever little happiness I can get out of it. I was going to spend money, but not without some reforms as to how crystals work. Still, I realized after the last bit of tickets that I spent that there's no guarantee that I'm gonna walk away with a good character, so I've decided that I'll just work on the daily and call it week. Less stress and since it's random anyway, I'll just live with that. I have no problem using someone else's character to carry me through events. If the game is gonna let me do it, then that's great. I'll just make more friends with overpowered characters. Heh, heh.

Acerac

Banned
(working on a conspiracy theory that F2P players have lots of tanks and mages, brb)

I keep pulling golden Vivis I really wish it would stop.

Gotta say I has a lucky streak with physical units myself. I got Garland, Cecil, and Firion back to back, all of which are coming in to their own over the next few months, with a Kain and Lenna from when I started to round off my potential team. I'm sure my lack of trusts are going to limit me pretty harshly, but if every event is as beneficial as the last few I feel my team will be viable in no time.

On that note while I'm going to keep doing my dailies til I grab a Lid, I'm not even sure who to cut in the meantime. I'm sure she'll be stronger than many of my team members til they get their 6* upgrades, maybe I can axe Firion til I can get him at 6 or maybe get some trusts for her.

*Edit*

Using wrong pronouns happens. ;_;

Shouta

That's basically what I've been doing. I'm just trying to enjoy the game for what it is and get whatever little happiness I can get out of it. I was going to spend money, but not without some reforms as to how crystals work. Still, I realized after the last bit of tickets that I spent that there's no guarantee that I'm gonna walk away with a good character, so I've decided that I'll just work on the daily and call it week. Less stress and since it's random anyway, I'll just live with that. I have no problem using someone else's character to carry me through events. If the game is gonna let me do it, then that's great. I'll just make more friends with overpowered characters. Heh, heh.

Yeah, just borrow the powerful ones until you get them yourself. I'd prioritize tickets whenever possible then whatever else so you get more chances for pulls.

Also, motherfucking RNG gods on my side!

Spent the last of the lapis from earlier and got Prishe! She's the other unit I wanted
Gonna go into lapis and ticket saving mode now. Getting 5000 and a guaranteed 4 star ticket as part of the special login bonus for the anniversary.

tuffymon

And another Rikku... sheesh, Orlandu is gonna be harem king soon ya~ Although, I'm not jealous on how much exp/evolve mat work you have on your plate right now.

Shouta

And another Rikku... sheesh, Orlandu is gonna be harem king soon ya~ Although, I'm not jealous on how much exp/evolve mat work you have on your plate right now.

I've used 1250 energy since friday lol. That was my entire stock of EN capsules from friend bonuses the last few months. That's not including level ups and natural EN gained.

tuffymon

I've used 1250 energy since friday lol. That was my entire stock of EN capsules from friend bonuses the last few months. That's not including level ups and natural EN gained.

At least you have the units. You can always work on them, better than working on pulling them~

Having played ffxi a ton, I feel uneasy that Prishe's final move is Combo... for 8 hits, that should totally be Asuran Fists... Learns Asura Fist, and is only 7 hits. So much troll T.T

Wait... energy capsules from friend bonuses? What?? :O

Shouta

At least you have the units. You can always work on them, better than working on pulling them~

Having played ffxi a ton, I feel uneasy that Prishe's final move is Combo... for 8 hits, that should totally be Asuran Fists... Learns Asura Fist, and is only 7 hits. So much troll T.T

She doesn't get Combo in this. She has Tornado kick, dragon kick, raging fists, asuran fists, and a special attack unique to her.

She also has a skillchain mechanic where if you use the correct skills iborder, she unlocks her special attack, the Prishe Special.

JP has a friend level system where you get bonuses based on how many times your char is used. Increased stats, XP & Gil gain, and daily EN capsules are given based on your level everyday.

Abylim

So, im kinda of at a standstill here with my party.

Vaan, Agrias, Cecil, Vivi and Terra, all maxed out atm.
No trust rewards though.

I have Garland, White Witch Fina, Black Cat Lid and Roselia, as well as 5 star Rain and Lasswell, that I dont use.

Should I stick with my party, or sub someone else in?

Rootbeer

Banned
Daily 250 lapis pull: 4* Lani... which I already have T__T

Well. I still have quite a few more days to pull a Halloween unit. Even if the first 3 days were duds. Stay optimistic!

So, im kinda of at a standstill here with my party.

Vaan, Agrias, Cecil, Vivi and Terra, all maxed out atm.
No trust rewards though.

I have Garland, White Witch Fina, Black Cat Lid and Roselia, as well as 5 star Rain and Lasswell, that I dont use.

Should I stick with my party, or sub someone else in?

For content that doesn't require a healer or a tank and you can brute force I'd get BC Lid to replace Vivi and Garland to replace Terra.

You need unit that can give Cheer, with Cheer I'd run Agrias, Garland, BCL, Cheer unit healer, and Tera or Cecil depending on the content.

Rixa

All the warning signs are in place, hence the significant concern.

-- 100 Jumbo Cactaurs are available for practically free in this event. This won't get him all of the way there alone, but as CCIE mentioned earlier, Cactaur Dunes will show up before the end of the event to get him the rest of the way to level 100. No excuses here, either.

Third, consider the current difficulty on the available event content at the moment.

-- Pumpkin Rider ADV is on par with Babil PRO. It's doable and manageable with a maxed out non-TM'd 5* team.

-- The next difficulty on Babil, ELT, absolutely destroyed 5* teams without a Lightning carry. Frankly, I'm not expecting anything less than Golbez level difficulty when the Pumpkin King shows up on Friday.

Shintoki isn't wrong here.

In these types of games, the bar that needs to be cleared for content will always continue to increase with every event.

Players have to keep advancing forward to keep up with the power creep.

Still, I understand your point. Gacha games will punish you for every mistake you make. Specially when you're a f2p. You need to plan how to spend your Lapis carefully. Some f2players are extremely lucky, some extremely unlucky.

Soo. With the help of this events 100 Cactuars AND @Bonkengs Lightning that is so über its not using Chirijiraden I managed to beat Babel PRO with my F2P non rerolled alt.

IMG_0307.PNG
IMG_0308.PNG

Cactuars to Rosa so high that she learned Curaja and rest to DKC. I have Barthundara & Barfira, but none of my units can equip them :p. Alt is not going to bother ELT.

Iam not sure if Iam interested doing PRO King with my main. Scythe is spear, I have some Kains and not sure is the ability of spear any good (18 MP btw). I might just do some ADVs per day and continue TM farming.

tuffymon

She doesn't get Combo in this. She has Tornado kick, dragon kick, raging fists, asuran fists, and a special attack unique to her.

She also has a skillchain mechanic where if you use the correct skills iborder, she unlocks her special attack, the Prishe Special.

JP has a friend level system where you get bonuses based on how many times your char is used. Increased stats, XP & Gil gain, and daily EN capsules are given based on your level everyday.

Ahh, I like that friend system. I suppose I shouldn't assume when reading stuff like this https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExvius/wiki/units/558 I saw Combo Attack on her final move, and thought it was Combo. Thanks for the clarification.

chrono01

Daily summon, White Witch Fina. Not bad as a collector's unit, but I doubt I'll ever use her.

I still want Black Cat Lid for that TM, hopefully I can manage one before the event ends otherwise I might have to use a few tickets...

Abylim

For content that doesn't require a healer or a tank and you can brute force I'd get BC Lid to replace Vivi and Garland to replace Terra.

You need unit that can give Cheer, with Cheer I'd run Agrias, Garland, BCL, Cheer unit healer, and Tera or Cecil depending on the content.

so whats so good about Black Cat lid? Do I gear her physical atk? (I think I do)

Sounds like I need to level my white witch too. Is Garland better than BCL?

I dont want any mages unless I need to exploit an elemental weakness?

Dusky

Hey all, just to let you guys know that my BE time has come to an end. It's just too time consuming and gacha games have never been my style anyway.

I'll definitely miss this community as there is a wonderful set of people here. So thank you all for your time and help (especially your units!).

I wish I could give my account away but unfortunately it's tied to a personal facebook. It definitely was a lucky account sitting at four 6* units and many more to be enhanced later. Be sure to take me off your friend list!

I decided to use up all my lapis before exiting. Out pops a rainbow...5* Mustadio! Of all the possibilities lol.

Thanks all and happy pulling!

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Hey all, just to let you guys know that my BE time has come to an end. It's just too time consuming and gacha games have never been my style anyway.

I'll definitely miss this community as there is a wonderful set of people here. So thank you all for your time and help (especially your units!).

I wish I could give my account away but unfortunately it's tied to a personal facebook. It definitely was a lucky account sitting at four 6* units and many more to be enhanced later. Be sure to take me off your friend list!

I decided to use up all my lapis before exiting. Out pops a rainbow...5* Mustadio! Of all the possibilities lol.

That sucks to hear, but i really cant blame you the amount farming in this game is crazy compared to all other mobile games i have played. Not even including more hardcore stuff like TM farming.

You def. made the right decision, since it game is linked to your fb account the door isnt closed forever if you decide to come back at some point.

Hope you find some less demanding mobile games.

chrono01

Damn, sorry to lose you! However, if you feel that it's for the best, then it probably is. :(

Best of luck to you out there! Feel free to come back anytime, should you feel the desire to. We'll still be here, pulling Shadows from blue crystals.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Are there ones? Trend seems to be toward mobile games that take users time as much as possible.

PaD for example...im fine with playing max 10 minutes per day and still get a lot done. Coop made faming stuff even easier/faster.

I havent played games like Gran Blue etc. - so if you are used to those the massive grind or having so much to run probably isnt surprising. Stuff like Esper leveling, Hero Ring farming, Events, TM farming etc. can take up a lot of time - especially if you wanna somehow keep up with the Meta.

Just thankful that at least the current event consist of just Vortex Battle stages - thats more manageable than long explorations for me.

Edit:
Then again if you only keep playing Arena, wanna skill up a bunch of units, rank up etc. you can also spend a lot of time on PaD. Probably just easier to manage it for me since ive been playing it for a while and dont need to invest in everything.
My little ramza now has 603 atk. Even more ready for kick pumpkin butt.

Very nice !!

Syntsui

I have lost to the Punpking Knight at least 5 times because I started the fight with the TM team. This is the most frustrating feeling you can have in the game because you have absolute control over it and still fucked up.

H3xum

I wanted a BCL because I'm so light on physical damage (all I have are two Chizs and a Bartz), but, I think I am going to throw in the towel and just wait for better units next week. I did get a Kain at least. I will probably level him for Ss and Gs

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Holy crap, Valentus!

2. Pulled a Kain with my 1/2 today

3. With the basket in hand I think I need to prioritize the tickets and cactuars before trying for the mask.

4. After our talk last night I know it just comes with the territory in the middle game, but re: #3, I just don't want to get in a loop where I continually miss out on the top gear prizes, and because I'm not getting the top gear, I'll miss out on the next event's top gear. Sooo

5. Time to buckle down, top up my espers, and lock down some TMs.

Rixa

1. Holy crap, Valentus!

2. Pulled a Kain with my 1/2 today

3. With the basket in hand I think I need to prioritize the tickets and cactuars before trying for the mask.

4. After our talk last night I know it just comes with the territory in the middle game, but re: #3, I just don't want to get in a loop where I continually miss out on the top gear prizes, and because I'm not getting the top gear, I'll miss out on the next event's top gear. Sooo

5. Time to buckle down, top up my espers, and lock down some TMs.

Last weekend I did same thing. Noticed that:

a) I need Diabolos
b) I need it at 2*
c) Burn 400 Lapis to Magecite vortex

= Cleared ELT Babel Golbez, which I couldn't do earlier.

H3xum

Does anyone have a "best available" equips spreadsheet?

I found it on here once, but it was awhile ago. Trying to figure out what to toss on my Kain

I know I'm super late to this but; you will be missed and please come back anytime!!

CCIE

Banned
Okay, that is BS. If the game crashes in ELT Babel you have to fight all the bosses again, with your depleted magic and health. Valentus, could you put Diablos on Ramza quickly so I can knock out the damn tower??

I am leveling Cecil to L10 LB, then maxing him. Only have one, and I'm going to need him soon.

Shouta - congrats on the awesome pulls!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom