• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

So glad I only have to run S-5 3 more times, prefer it WAY more than S-4, so much easier. That Blood Sword is not too far away now.

I don't have super memory or anything with everyone's pulls, but don't you have a bunch of 3*-6*-able barrage units? Why would you waste the candy and time on Lid when you get ATK+10% on the next island, and we have lots of 6* upgrades in the future? I'm only asking because if it's actually viable, I might do it too, lol.

The thing that bums me out the most is that my Fencer is damn near obsolete. She's been my favorite character since picking her up on a daily during her banner, but between Kain and Black Cat Lid, I don't really have an excuse to keep using her in my good party.

Well i already have all the units and materials I really need so im all about the theory crafting and experimentation

There are definitely some interesting 5 star units to play around with and try to push boundaries on.

Lyrian has been building an Epic Rydia. I wouldnt mind building something to play around with myself

You have to embrace the fun sometimes or this game might start to bore you

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. Kefka up to 353 MAG, thanks to 4x mag +10%s . That seems pretty good!

2. DAILY PULL. IT'S GOLD. IT'S ANZELM!

3. Since I have the basket, all the cactaurs, and a few 6* mats I needed to awaken Cecil, think I'm going to focus on the mask for now. If I have time I'll circle back for the star quartz and any 6* mats I can sweep up. (maybe those last rare tickets, too).

4. Cactuar event: Y'all gotta realize that them timing this up with good events is 100% intentional so new players can catch up their units (even though they miss out on equip.).

5. Meanwhile: I probably ought to figure out wtf I'm doing in ADV Colosseum.

Lyrian

Gold on the daily pull as well! Galuf... /rolleyes

Oh... a quick scan of Reddit chatter this morning is debating that while Pumpkin King is likely due after the maintenance on Thurs, part 1 of the new island is supposed to have a craftable Plant Killer in a silver chest that takes ~180 energy to reach. Hrmm at that "coincindence".

1. Kefka up to 353 MAG, thanks to 4x mag +10%s . That seems pretty good!

3. Since I have the basket, all the cactaurs, and a few 6* mats I needed to awaken Cecil, think I'm going to focus on the mask for now. If I have time I'll circle back for the star quartz and any 6* mats I can sweep up. (maybe those last rare tickets, too).

4. Cactuar event: Y'all gotta realize that them timing this up with good events is 100% intentional so new players can catch up their units (even though they miss out on equip.).

5. Meanwhile: I probably ought to figure out wtf I'm doing in ADV Colosseum.

Its much tougher. We are talking Pro Event level enemies

Still very doable. Mirage tanks and Mages are the meta. Also having access to instant kills and aoe debuffs is very helpful

Def ignoring moves as well.

Syntsui

I'm still waiting to be challenged by the ADV Colosseum, right now I'm about to fight the boss of C-5. When does the shit get real?

I'm still waiting to be challenged by the ADV Colosseum, right now I'm about to fight the boss of C-5. When does the shit get real?

If you have an effective team its NOT hard at all

Just for those coming from INT and havent been conditioned by recent event challenges (so newbies) might be caught off guard

Syntsui

If you have an effective team its NOT hard at all

Just for those coming from INT and havent been conditioned by recent event challenges (so newbies) might be caught off guard

Well... good I guess. By watching japanese videos I see they have double of the energy to play the Colosseum. Was that always the case or will we receive this update?

The only ADV level that gave me troubles was S-4 because the wyverns do crazy damage with their needle breath attack. They actually took down my 4500+ HP, 400+ defense Cecil in one turn when I forgot to cast baraerora before it ran out.

Other than that, the enemies aren't really difficult, just HP sponges. Rounds feel like they go on forever just because their DEF and HP are so high, but I very, very rarely run the risk of losing.

H3xum

It never turns into a real nightmare as long as you have a strong tank and you can recognize attack patterns. There are some Wyverns in S that release an attack every 3 rounds that can likely wipe most of your party, but if you block the turn before it is easy. There are some bombs that chain Fira that can do hefty dmg if you are a mage-first team, but, can easily be prevented with silence attacks and stuff like that. It isn't so much difficult as you need to be aware

Razmos

Decided to give one last proper go to Babel ELT.

Ended up fucking up hard against Cagnazzo leading to me to use 2 phoenix downs, managed to beat Barbaricca with barely any fuss, healed up with a tent and then went up against Golbez.

He paralyzed every single fucking character on his first attack, then focused most of his attacks on my OP friend Lightning, killing her on the first round. Only had one character free from paralyze so I used a phoenix down on Lightning but then could do a absolutely nothing as he unleashed another attack string wiping out my entire party.

What an absurd boss, I literally got one turn off on him before he annihilated me. And my party is by no means bad, I was even using a 6* Ramza. Just ridiculous. Totally overpowered

Decided to give one last proper go to Babel ELT.

Ended up fucking up hard against Cagnazzo leading to me to use 2 phoenix downs, managed to beat Barbaricca with barely any fuss, healed up with a tent and then went up against Golbez.

He paralyzed every single fucking character on his first attack, then focused most of his attacks on my OP friend Lightning, killing her on the first round. Only had one character free from paralyze so I used a phoenix down on Lightning but then could do a absolutely nothing as he unleashed another attack string wiping out my entire party.

What an absurd boss, I literally got one turn off on him before he annihilated me. And my party is by no means bad, I was even using a 6* Ramza. Just ridiculous. Totally overpowered

you guys have some great people on here that would happily throw a jeweled ring on their lightning for you

Just ask

Syntsui

The only ADV level that gave me troubles was S-4 because the wyverns do crazy damage with their needle breath attack. They actually took down my 4500+ HP, 400+ defense Cecil in one turn when I forgot to cast baraerora before it ran out.

Other than that, the enemies aren't really difficult, just HP sponges. Rounds feel like they go on forever just because their DEF and HP are so high, but I very, very rarely run the risk of losing.

It never turns into a real nightmare as long as you have a strong tank and you can recognize attack patterns. There are some Wyverns in S that release an attack every 3 rounds that can likely wipe most of your party, but if you block the turn before it is easy. There are some bombs that chain Fira that can do hefty dmg if you are a mage-first team, but, can easily be prevented with silence attacks and stuff like that. It isn't so much difficult as you need to be aware

Yeah, I see a lot of talk about these dragons, I will watch out for them when the time comes. Shellga + Baraerora FTW.

look how amazing I am!

It was not my intention to hurt your feelings, sorry.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I remember having to talk 15 miles in the snow to fight Frost Dragon!

Really though, since the Frost Dragon, I've felt like the game has gotten easier for me. At the time, I only had a Buttz and Kefka. Rest of my team was Fina, Rain, and Edgar. No full break, Fire weapons, mage with fira spells, Hero rings, event items, etc. Once I got over that hurdle, ended up getting lucky with some pulls(Leanna, Tellah, WoL, Chizzy) and event items started to roll in. Now that same Kefka that couldn't even reach 300MAG is hitting 420 with Dualcast soon.

It gets easier if you keep pushing through. While the events do get harder, the new characters all increase with the continual increase of strong equipment.

Lyrian

Yeah, I see a lot of talk about these dragons, I will watch out for them when the time comes. Shellga + Baraerora FTW.

Most claim that the 2 Wyrm fight is the hardest in ADV Colosseum. Yet, with some basic planning, the fight isn't that hard at all. Also, needle breath is cast on a predictable timer, so it can be easily countered.

RedZaraki

Banned
I'm never going to get to Trust Mastery farm am I? Way too many energy sinks all at once.

I have a natural 405 MAG Kefka though, No TMs. When I get TMs he'll go off.

Lyrian

Wait.... stop the presses.

Craftable EVO MAG +10% is in a silver chest in the starting city of the next isle.

/cackles gleefully

Well, this made Rydia's morning quite nicely :)

Who needs only a paltry million damage anyways?

Craftable EVO MAG +10% is in a silver chest in the starting city of the next isle.

/cackles gleefully

what does EVO mean? We already had MAG +10% in miranda coast (I think) so I am assuming that means something good :)

/cackles gleefully

Holy mcfucking shit balls

Let the science begin!

I think ill be raising a rydia soon... I might dumo those LB pots into her .... Hmmmmm

/cackles gleefully

Let the science begin!

I think ill be raising a rydia soon... I might dumo those LB pots into her .... Hmmmmm

tumblr_n3rd80B8fr1s2wio8o1_500.gif

Zunja

So I just realized I have no idea how this works. Do all different buffs stack in this game? Like Lenna LB + Cecil LB + Cheer? Or do the stronger buffs just override the lower ones. Like is their a point in using lets say her personnel attack boost on Chizuru or will cheer overwrite it?

Coppanuva

Got Black Cat Lid, I'm not pulling this banner any more. Gonna just kill the pumpkin rider over and over. Already got the Basket and Mask, probably gonna grab some tickets then stock up on 6* mats.

So I just realized I have no idea how this works. Do all different buffs stack in this game? Like Lenna LB + Cecil LB + Cheer? Or do the stronger buffs just override the lower ones. Like is their a point in using lets say her personnel attack boost on Chizuru or will cheer overwrite it?

Any buff that increases the same stat overwrites. It does not stack

Iceman829

I decided to switch up my strategy on the Wryms now that my team is a bit stronger since my original push through S-4. I would Cheer, Full Break, Barrage, Blizzaga x2. I can take them down in 3 turns before they use Needle Breath which saves me from most of the issues from the fight. Shining Splendor also seemed to want to be helpful on this last pass of S-4 and has been blinding the wryms saving me from dealing with Bite.

I also got a bit bored while waiting for energy / Colosseum matches so I purchased a few things off the trick or treat menu and ended up with this so far:
I've been able to upgrade Cecil to 6* lvl 93 with all the cactuars and LB pots from the event.
Kefka is now running at 405 MAG
Once I get to buying the trust moogles my first dual wield will be at 80%

I still have a bunch of candy, but I like to purchased items in bulk. Next up will be all the tickets and SQ. Then I'll work my way through all the items I need. I have to restock 6* Awakening materials since I used the ones I saved for CoD on Cecil. At this pace I see no issue picking up everything. I used some lapis to increase my units so if I have extra time I can try to stockpile gigantuars for CoDs eventual 6*.

Finally pulled a Zidane. All that's missing to the final piece of my puzzle is Orlandu!

Wow very lucky!

I dont have any dual weild capable units or Zidane and its kind of a bummer

Which is why building epic science units is starting to take over my priorities

I need to find clever ways to output big damage

Whizkid7

Bought the mask & most of the summon tickets last night; basket's next!

Half price pull was new Fina; I have both Lid and her now so done with this one! She's technically my first unit that can currently 6* too...I know she's terrible in comparison to most other healers, but I'd be lying if I said the allure of having a 6* finally wasn't tempting...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
RARE TICKET

BLUE CRYSTAL

IT'S SHANTOTTO!

Up to four, now. Meaning that +30% MAG is going to come faster than ever. After Excalibur and DualCast, I mean.

Lyrian

Let the science begin!

So, let's see with some napkin math...

AFAIK, esper damage is a hybrid attack based upon the esper's MAG and SPR stats. On Global, Shiva has the best balance of these two stats, capping at 5520 and 5580 respectively.

Rydia at 5* max, innately has EVO MAG +60, which increases these values by 60%.

Therefore my Rydia that can generate 1.25m in ES is attacking with (5520*1.6) = 8832 MAG and (5580 * 1.6) = 8928 SPR.

If the hybrid damage formula holds in this case, the base damage before modifiers would be {[((8832^2)/Enemy SPR) * Various Mods] + [((8928^2)/Enemy SPR)) * Various Mods] /2 }.

Average attack rating is [(8832+8928)/2]^2 = 8880^2 = 78854400 [7.885 million]

So, if I go class cannon mode on Rydia, and stack 3 more EVO MAG +10s, then:

5532 * 1.9 = 10510.8 MAG
5580 * 1.9 = 10602 SPR

Average attack rating is [(10510.8+10602)/2]^2 = 10556.4^2 = 11437580.96 [11.436 million]

Raw attack rating increases by ~41.3%, which is then potentially amplified further because of relationship between dividing an quadratic growth equation by a linear factor.

1.5-1.6 million damage minimum, anyone?

boom.gif
itsover9000.gif

and so on...

So, let's see with some napkin math...

AFAIK, esper damage is a hybrid attack based upon the esper's MAG and SPR stats. On Global, Shiva has the best balance of these two stats, capping at 5520 and 5580 respectively.

Rydia at 5* max, innately has EVO MAG +60, which increases these values by 60%.

Therefore my Rydia that can generate 1.25m in ES is attacking with (5520*1.6) = 8832 MAG and (5580 * 1.6) = 8928 SPR.

If the hybrid damage formula holds in this case, the base damage before modifiers would be {[((8832^2)/Enemy SPR) * Various Mods] + [((8928^2)/Enemy SPR)) * Various Mods] /2 }.

Average attack rating is [(8832+8928)/2]^2 = 8880^2 = 78854400 [7.885 million]

So, if I go class cannon mode on Rydia, and stack 3 more EVO MAG +10s, then:

5532 * 1.9 = 10510.8 MAG
5580 * 1.9 = 10602 SPR

Average attack rating is [(10510.8+10602)/2]^2 = 10556.4^2 = 11437580.96 [11.436 million]

Raw attack rating increases by ~41.3%, which is then potentially amplified further because of relationship between dividing an quadratic growth equation by a linear factor.

1.5-1.6 million damage minimum, anyone?

boom.gif
itsover9000.gif

and so on...

Love the number theory but we need some practical application runs

I feel like the ADV colloseum is a great performance barometer right now

I haven't been doing this event because I've focused on getting TM farming rolling....What happens if I try to play on my phone while I have Memu running at home? I wonder which would seize control.

As for ADV Colo, I thought it was cake too until I got to the A-3 boss. I haven't tried in over a week because of events and TM farm setup but this guy sucks without a physical attacker and I'm not sure what I should do outside of cast Aeorora. It's just random if he wrecks me with Sandstorm right off the bat or not. Sometimes he instantly kills my healer and Kefka and sometimes he doesn't...

Alright so I have purchased everything except the Cactuars and the cheaper 6* mats. Going to buy 1k Lapis and burn through it to buy that stuff and stock up on 6* mats with the rest and then I am done other than running Pro once when and if it comes out. Need to get back to TMR farming. Edit: Also skipped the 70k Moogle...eff that thing.

Razmos

I haven't been doing this event because I've focused on getting TM farming rolling....What happens if I try to play on my phone while I have Memu running at home? I wonder which would seize control.
Your phone would, but the macro would cause it to keep trying to connect on the emulator, so you'll keep getting kicked off back to the login screen.

So the macro does regain control, but it won't work properly as it will be starting from the title screen, not the earth shrine. When I did it, I ended up in the town of Kolts on Dinardo lol

Any buff that increases the same stat overwrites. It does not stack
Are you sure about that?

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...al_buff_debuff_stacking_and_override_in_ffbe/

Vagnard_III said:
General Conclusion
  • all applied Buffs and Debuffs are tracked by the game
  • Buffs and Debuffs that affect 2 or more stats have their effects applied seperatly
  • Buffs or Debuffs that modify the same stat will be active or inactive depending on their strenght (priority) and turntimer
  • Buffs and Debuffs cannot be overridden, they can only expire or be dispelled
  • a Buff and a Debuff modifying the same stat on the same unit will stack additively
It's not a case of pure overriding, it's moreso a case of whichever one has the stronger effect will be the active one for it's turn duration.

Alright so I have purchased everything except the Cactuars and the cheaper 6* mats. Going to buy 1k Lapis and burn through it to buy that stuff and stock up on 6* mats with the rest and then I am done other than running Pro once when and if it comes out. Need to get back to TMR farming. Edit: Also skipped the 70k Moogle...eff that thing.

yeah 70k moogle totally not worth it

burn that energy on TM farming instead with better results

Ok i was off a bit

Looks like buffs and debuffs dont stack either way

Iceman829

As for ADV Colo, I thought it was cake too until I got to the A-3 boss. I haven't tried in over a week because of events and TM farm setup but this guy sucks without a physical attacker and I'm not sure what I should do outside of cast Aeorora. It's just random if he wrecks me with Sandstorm right off the bat or not. Sometimes he instantly kills my healer and Kefka and sometimes he doesn't...

Moster Effigy? Barstonra to help resist Sandstorm. Try to blind it if possible. I think went with WoL (full break and provoke), Lenna (cheer + curaja), Chizuru (barrage), Tellah (bar spell) & Kefka as magic chain users.

What units do you have?

Muku

Well, Saturday I pulled from my daily Black Cat Lid. That was pretty awesome. Today I am thinking it's just another morning. Yellow crystal pops up? Oh, must be a troll crystal. Out pops White Witch Fina! Okay, so, I'm happy. Don't think I'll really use her, but it's cool to have. And sure beats troll yellow crystals.

So far have gotten Creepy Mask, Candy Basket, and the high end Summoning Tickets. With some of the big stuff done, going to try now to gather some of the small stuff like awakening mats and the Quartz and lower Tickets.

Your phone would, but the macro would cause it to keep trying to connect on the emulator, so you'll keep getting kicked off back to the login screen.

So the macro does regain control, but it won't work properly as it will be starting from the title screen, not the earth shrine. When I did it, I ended up in the town of Kolts on Dinardo lol
lol thanks for answering. I suspected that's what would happen. I'll swap to only using Memu when I go to bed and work. Hopefully it doesn't take long to get enough candy corn to get the tickets and mask. I think that's all I cared about but will have to double check.
Moster Effigy? Barstonra to help resist Sandstorm. Try to blind it if possible. I think went with WoL (full break and provoke), Lenna (cheer + curaja), Chizuru (barrage), Tellah (bar spell) & Kefka as magic chain users.

What units do you have?

Barstonra? I thought baraerora was what you needed for Sandstorm? On the first turn I have Lena use Cheer, Kefka cast Trine, ExDeath cast Baraeora, Vaan use Focus and I used to have WoL use Full Break but seems like it's better to have him defend to use Cover the first turn and then have Vaan use full break on the second turn. Especially since I don't attack the first round anyway. Then Lenna is Curaja the rest of the way. Trine always fails on the the first attempt but if Kefka survives the first attack wave, he can sometimes blind it on the second attempt. I assume paralyze is the key to kicking the Effigy's ass but I don't have that skill... I wish Trine worked more often than it does.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom