• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Seeing all these amazing pulls make my finger twitch but considering we will have FF III in less than two weeks... Fuck it. Im a strong and better person now, I learned my lesson on Cecil banner.

Seeing all these amazing pulls make my finger twitch but considering we will have FF III in less than two weeks... Fuck it. Im a strong and better person now, I learned my lesson on Cecil banner.

I know, right???
I really want to pull since my party is one healer and one physical attacker from being damn good by my standards.

I look at my 1,500 lapis and 8 tickets and think.... just do it. It's only 250 for the 1/2 pull. You'll get that back by tomorrow. And you might get your first rainbow ever, right? I'm sure it won't be the crap pull you've had for like... a month now. Your luck HAS to change at some point, right???

Aaaaaargh! I think I have a problem.

chrono01

Gimu, where the fuck is my super honor summon?

I have 100 normal summon waiting and like 20 days of cummulative dailies just to summon the fucking cactuars
I legit forget that Friend Point summons are a thing. Give me a use for them, Gumi! :/

Seventh Black Cat Lid... is the game screwing with me?
I still need one. :(

Finally pulled a Zidane. All that's missing to the final piece of my puzzle is Orlandu!
Congrats on the Zidane.

Now enjoy my seething jealousy.

Grats :)

My friendlist continues to surprise with what TM farming / whales can do:

Screenshot_20161024-205621.png
Screenshot_20161024-205614.png
O_O

I had 25 tickets. Decided to Burn 10 because why the fuck not.

So much crap except 1 vaan and 2 lids...

And in the 10th one...

Gold.... Meh... TURN TO RAINBOW OMG ITS HAPPENING GUYS ITS HAPPENING

WHY
WHY
ITS MY THIRD ONE
WHYYYYYYYYYU
And I still don't have a single 5* base character.

I'm sorry though. Ramza is great, but three of him? You're both blessed, as well as cursed.

Good things come to those who wait.

Or, at least, that's what I keep telling myself.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I've been hovering at 1400 lapis for the entire event. I really need to stop pulling dailies.

That said, I *firmly* believe we need to take every advantage of the chance to get 6*s, the earlier the better. So,

Whales

Banned
Nice one! :D

And I was actually hoping for either an Exdeath AND/OR a Garland... So yeah that was a nice stroke of luck.

Now now, if only I could pull a ramza... my team would be perfect... please and thx gumi

and you'Re right, I dropped from 4800 lapis to 2500 now because of random pulls impulse.. lol. Told myself I wouldn't buy lapis but I will most likely get that 20$ pack just to get enough for an 11 pull on that FF13 ( or tilith) banner

UrSuLeTzU

Well i already have all the units and materials I really need so im all about the theory crafting and experimentation

There are definitely some interesting 5 star units to play around with and try to push boundaries on.

Lyrian has been building an Epic Rydia. I wouldnt mind building something to play around with myself

You have to embrace the fun sometimes or this game might start to bore you

I totally agree man! I pulled both Black Cat Lid and White Witch Fina and I'll totally get 4x str/mag materia for them because I have big plans for them(might not be optimal but if I find it fun then screw that noise). I like that WWF has entrust and that brings me to 3 units with entrust that I can feasibly incorporate in a party but with no Cecil, FML :C

I totally agree man! I pulled both Black Cat Lid and White Witch Fina and I'll totally get 4x str/mag materia for them because I have big plans for them(might not be optimal but if I find it fun then screw that noise). I like that WWF has entrust and that brings me to 3 units with entrust that I can feasibly incorporate in a party but with no Cecil, FML :C

Im excited to see the results of all these experiments

Also a lot of the reddit guys put support tickets in regarding Kain and how Jump damage doesnt take killier ability bonuses

Imagine if they actually fix that o_O

UrSuLeTzU

Also a lot of the reddit guys put support tickets in regarding Kain and how Jump damage doesnt take killier ability bonuses

Dude I just pulled another Kain today, I have like 12 of them now.. I just gotta make 2 Gugnirs now, lol.

Valentus

Builded my kain for Babel... I have the vídeo in my channel... It does a lot of damage.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I had 25 tickets. Decided to Burn 10 because why the fuck not.

So much crap except 1 vaan and 2 lids...

And in the 10th one...

Gold.... Meh... TURN TO RAINBOW OMG ITS HAPPENING GUYS ITS HAPPENING

WHY
WHY
ITS MY THIRD ONE
WHYYYYYYYYYU

To all of us with none!

00my.jpg

I've been hovering at 1400 lapis for the entire event. I really need to stop pulling dailies.

That said, I *firmly* believe we need to take every advantage of the chance to get 6*s, the earlier the better. So,

Fyi, it will be better to hold on to Lapis and invest later than sooner.

Syntsui

Slowpoke mode on, but I see why the 70k Moogle is not worth it, now I'm convinced I won't buy it. By the time you farm the candies for it, you would get close to 10% simply TM farming.

You can TM farm without having to actually play it yourself, you can farm 5 units at the same time, that's insane.

There's absolutely no sense in buying it considering the candies could go to 6* mats.

The 70k moogle is what, just 10%?

Slowpoke mode on, but I see why the 70k Moogle is not worth it, now I'm convinced I won't buy it. By the time you farm the candies for it, you would get close to 10% simply TM farming.

You can TM farm without having to actually play it yourself, you can farm 5 units at the same time, that's insane.

There's absolutely no sense in buying it considering the candies could go to 6* mats.

Why not both.gif?

Valentus

I just bought the 70k Trust Moogle...:/ guess that's out the way though, couldn't resist it for Zidane.

If you want my personal appreciation of this... If you really want to use the moogles, use only one for 90%.

Wait for the ffxiii batch... It might be the best batch TM wise.

All the tms are great (yes, even equip spear materia)

Had 3 tickets and I'm an impatient jackass, so I figured I might go for another attack unit. I'm not satisfied with just DKC, since Chizuru and Lightning have always eluded me.

Got a troll yellow :(

FGHGHDRYHFTXJURDTxhdfh

Second ticket was troll yellow Lani
Third was blue edgar (one step closer to machine killer!)

Still worth it.

UrSuLeTzU

Just got the creepy mask and brought my boy Ramza to 401 magic! I have 2 Shantoto's nearly done(one is at 96.5 and the other at 92-ish and another 8 waiting in line) but I can't TM farm because of the event(gotta get those 4x materias for WWF&BCL) and I bearly started started the dual cast TM, my seething rage is spilling over since I know I won't get them before they release the ELT, not that I'm worried or anything.. BUT still!

Syntsui

The 70k moogle is what, just 10%?

Why not both.gif?
Think about it, by the time you farm for it for the 10% reward, you would get 50% across 5 units.

Instead of getting that last 10% on your dual wield, you would get the last 10% percentual of you dual wield + dual cast + barrage + bracers + Excalibur. All together, with the exactly same time frame but with zero effort at all, because you will be sleeping/fucking/studying/watching a movie.

Xion86

Yeah it's crazy expensive, but I just wanted to keep upping the TM for Zidane as i only have two. Also because getting candies in this event is so easy, thought I'd grab as much of the expensive goodies as I can.

So got the 70k Trust Moogle, some awakening materials, all the Cactuars, all the Mini Burst pots and the Creepy Mask.

Had 3 tickets and I'm an impatient jackass, so I figured I might go for another attack unit. I'm not satisfied with just DKC, since Chizuru and Lightning have always eluded me.

FGHGHDRYHFTXJURDTxhdfh

Still worth it.

Grats!

UrSuLeTzU

Yeah it's crazy expensive, but I just wanted to keep upping the TM for Zidane as i only have two. Also because getting candies in this event is so easy, thought I'd grab as much of the expensive goodies as I can.

U poor baby, u only have 2? awww :C
post images

P.s: I only had one but I finished it last week, ironically with the 30k moogle, lol.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So we have both the Halloween event and portal app event... so we getting an extra 2 tickets and other goodies. We eatin tonight boys!

Anyways, some updates.
Decided to finally level my Cecil to 6*
Picked up 6* Mats, All SQ, Tickets, Mask, elixirs, SC, and Trinket.
Still need HC, PD, SR, Burst Pots, rest of the Cati, and some 20+ each of the new Mats. I hate Adv Pro, so I'm stocking up on Rays and Drops.

Kefka The 2nd is inching towards 80.. same with Garland. Going to run out of characters to level soon :p

Xion86

FGHGHDRYHFTXJURDTxhdfh

Still worth it.

Omg so jealous!! Enjoy using that brilliant unit! Congrats :)

Muku

FGHGHDRYHFTXJURDTxhdfh

Still worth it.

Chizuru eluded you no longer!! Very nice! Congrats!! I'm jelly. Chizuru hates my guts.

FGHGHDRYHFTXJURDTxhdfh

Still worth it.

Grats!!! Chorizo unit!!

Arkeband

Banned
So are the Halloween units decent replacements for their regular counterparts? I pulled a Black Cat Lid and she seems to have some low status ailment resists and slightly higher stats than vanilla Lid.

Are they worth sticking into any groups if I get them their auras?

Acerac

Banned
So are the Halloween units decent replacements for their regular counterparts? I pulled a Black Cat Lid and she seems to have some low status ailment resists and slightly higher stats than vanilla Lid.

Are they worth sticking into any groups if I get them their auras?

Black Cat Lid is a beastly attacker, one of the strongest 5 star max units in the game. Just keep in mind she's likely not ever getting a 6 star, so that'll be her limit.

Omg so jealous!! Enjoy using that brilliant unit! Congrats :)

Chizuru eluded you no longer!! Very nice! Congrats!! I'm jelly. Chizuru hates my guts.

Grats!!! Chorizo unit!!
Feels good man

Attack Team going forward, once they're all leveled, will be DKC, Cecil, Chizuru, Vaan and Lenna. I have the mats for Cecil to be 6* and DKC is already 6*. Was using Charlotte for the tank until I got 2 Cecil last banner.

With a friend unit Lightning the Rider tends to drop in 3 turns or less. :3

Xion86

U poor baby, u only have 2? awww :C
post images

P.s: I only had one but I finished it last week, ironically with the 30k moogle, lol.

Hey I've seen people with Dual Wield, Excalibars and all sorts :( haha, just trying to get that one Dual Wield. But then again I need one of the big hitting physical attackers too, maybe I'll get lucky by the time I get the TM. Congrats on yours though! Who did you equip it to?

Muku

Once in a blue moon I'll get requests on my alt account. Makes sense once in a while as it was Delita. Today though? I have folks flocking to him. Yeah, yall ain't GAF so no thanks. I'd be amazed at the interest from 55 to 79. But I'm not once I realized somewhere in there he got Barrage. Pew pew pew.

Going to try to get mats for awakening one or both (Delita and Cecil) this round if I can. First is to get Cecil to 5* (almost there). But think first set of mats I'll get is Delita's because he's almost capped.

Having to farm INT Rider sucks, but it's allowing me to do something, so I'm thankful. Thank you go OP GAF folks for helping me accomplish it! Haha. Hope to walk away from this event feeling better about my alt account a little bit. Rocking through stuff on main. On main going to try to farm enough mats for several other characters for the future.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
because they'll never stop releasing better units?

Yes and no. Typically, yes, the characters going forward will always be better due to the curve, but there are always going to be a standout one here and there like Lightning, which will stand out for months and almost always be in. It's why everyone keeps bringing up the FFIII banner when it is still at least a month away

Xion86

Can't wait until all this Lightning hype passes....that miserable, emotionless girl...
(She has helped so much though...so thanks guys :$)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Yes and no. Typically, yes, the characters going forward will always be better due to the curve, but there are always going to be a standout one here and there like Lightning, which will stand out for months and almost always be in. It's why everyone keeps bringing up the FFIII banner when it is still at least a month away

This is super interesting! Sounds like the best strat is to get a team you can keep hoarding new rare gear with whole also hoarding lapis for 11-pulls during those mega banners.

Kouriozan

Current global strategy : have Lightning, bring a Lightning friend, destroy everything.
Current JP strategy : have Orlandu with Excalibur, bring an Orlandu friend with Excalibur, elemental chains everything into oblivion.
Example video with the latest JP's raid : https://youtu.be/LCyHvBZ2viI

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
This is super interesting! Sounds like the best strat is to get a team you can keep hoarding new rare gear with whole also hoarding lapis for 11-pulls during those mega banners.

Again, yes and no. There is no definite answer. But that is the ideal strategy. Get a team that theoretically can clear everything without having to continually reinvest in Lapis. Save it for the banners where solid gains can be had. For example, the Facebook Banner or Lightning Banner, where each unit provided something good for a team. Or something like the Cecil banner where he is still the top tier tank in JPN a year after. But like this current banner, it's not particularly a good idea to invest heavily into it. Since they are already mediocre seasonal units.

It's why the FFIII banner is so highly covenant since it will come with a 5* base character on par with Lightning, a 4* Healer that is still strong in JPN, a 3* who comes with a great TM and another 3* who comes with a great TM depending on the character, otherwise useless.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Again, yes and no. There is no definite answer. But that is the ideal strategy. Get a team that theoretically can clear everything without having to continually reinvest in Lapis. Save it for the banners where solid gains can be had. For example, the Facebook Banner or Lightning Banner, where each unit provided something good for a team. Or something like the Cecil banner where he is still the top tier tank in JPN a year after. But like this current banner, it's not particularly a good idea to invest heavily into it. Since they are already mediocre seasonal units.

It's why the FFIII banner is so highly covenant since it will come with a 5* base character on par with Lightning, a 4* Healer that is still strong in JPN, a 3* who comes with a great TM and another 3* who comes with a great TM depending on the character, otherwise useless.

(thank you for this! Very useful and interesting and helpful)

Lyrian

Love the number theory but we need some practical application runs

I feel like the ADV colloseum is a great performance barometer right now

That's..... a damn good idea. Why in the universe didn't I think of that, considering I have nothing tangible left to gain in the Colosseum?

May not get to it tonight, but that sounds like a worthwhile investment of orbs without any risk to farming candy corn.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom