• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Folstern

Screenshot_20161024-161435_zpsk77xgmxb.png
Got my Excalibur and Dual Wield! A fun Firion that isn't very effective with all the physical defense the event boss has but he's pretty beefy.

Other Zidane is at 70% so I'm going to use the two moogles from this event and one from the next to get him to 100%.

CCIE

Banned
I've been so busy with work today that I am not able to farm the event as well as I would like. However, the current plan is to get Cecil to 5* before Friday, then use cactuars to get him to 6*max... I am only trying a couple of dailies for BC Lid, as the focus is currently on Cecil and CoD at this time.

Are we sure FFIII is only a couple of weeks away? Somehow, I think it is going to be December before we see that banner.

Razmos

Wiped in Babel elite 2 more times. First time I was using an OP friend Dark Cecil who got Golbez down to a quarter of his health in one turn... so he proceeded to insta death my party.

Then tried again, only to wipe against Cagnazzo because I have only one unit with Dispel and I used them to remove Silence from my Kefka. Really hoping I can complete this event tomorrow because it's really pissing me off and I'm wasting so many phoenix downs and energy

Alkez

Are we sure FFIII is only a couple of weeks away? Somehow, I think it is going to be December before we see that banner.

I was wondering about that lol. If we follow JP then I think late December sounds right. But who knows, they could surprise us once again. I've got 10k lapis saved up so I would like to think I'm ready if they do lol.

Celegus

Tried Brachiosaur for the first time since he was released. Kain with dragon killer, dual wield and barrage worked pretty nicely - much better than before when I couldn't even get his health past 75%.

UrSuLeTzU

Hey I've seen people with Dual Wield, Excalibars and all sorts :( haha, just trying to get that one Dual Wield. But then again I need one of the big hitting physical attackers too, maybe I'll get lucky by the time I get the TM. Congrats on yours though! Who did you equip it to?

Bartz atm since I turned Ramza into a super mage GOD(when all my Shantotos finish).

Valentus

Lasswell lacks a strong skills

Yes he can equip barrage, but barrage Will Be outclassed soon and Will not be enough... I mean it Will Be enough but the carácter wont be a Killer machine.

Thats why luneth was So outclassed for orlandu, tidus, and Eileen. They have elemental attacks that also lowers the elemental resistance of the enemy. Luneth lacks this.

bonkeng

Yes he can equip barrage, but barrage Will Be outclassed soon and Will not be enough... I mean it Will Be enough but the carácter wont be a Killer machine.

Thats why luneth was So outclassed for orlandu, tidus, and marie. They have elemental attacks that also lowers the elemental resistance of the enemy. Luneth lacks this.

You meant Eileen/Irene didn't you.

Coz Marie is a healer/support.

Alkez

Thats why luneth was So outclassed for orlandu, tidus, and marie. They have elemental attacks that also lowers the elemental resistance of the enemy. Luneth lacks this.

Doesn't Dracu Laswell have this for ice? Just there isn't a strong ice weapon atm (or in JP for that matter).

Celegus

Thats why luneth was So outclassed for orlandu, tidus, and Eileen. They have elemental attacks that also lowers the elemental resistance of the enemy. Luneth lacks this.

Ruining our Luneth party before it even begins, killjoy!

Wiped in Babel elite 2 more times. First time I was using an OP friend Dark Cecil who got Golbez down to a quarter of his health in one turn... so he proceeded to insta death my party.

Then tried again, only to wipe against Cagnazzo because I have only one unit with Dispel and I used them to remove Silence from my Kefka. Really hoping I can complete this event tomorrow because it's really pissing me off and I'm wasting so many phoenix downs and energy

Why dispel?

Only asking because when he sets up with "wall" of water I just cast Thundaga. It kills his attack. Worked in the FFIV too. :)

Edit - Saw afterwards it was for silence. Bring some echo screens.

leehom

I would like to aim for Orlandu, but I just can't till they implement the Crystal change. ;_;

Saving my tickets/lapis for crystal change as well. Been burned too many times and will only spend a few tickets at a time instead of yolo'ing everything.

H3xum

My game crashes whenever I hit the Home button. iOS 6S+

Anyone have any experience with this? Afraid to uninstall because I didn't understand re-rolling early so my Facebook is linked to a bad team.

Valentus

I would like to aim for Orlandu, but I just can't till they implement the Crystal change. ;_;

Orlandu isnt gamebreaker for itself. It needs a lot of equip to be the real thunder god. The difference of orlandu roided to other op unit roided is that orlandu really can win battles by itself.

c-murph

Just beat Golbez finally with one of my Uber Lightning buddies (Attack 699). My Second Medius is now sitting at 30% Trust Master.

Bought the Creepy Mask too. Now I just need the Knife, Candy Basket, Chilling Aura and 4 Spooky Aura. Pffft, that's only like another 82 runs.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Orlandu isnt gamebreaker for itself. It needs a lot of equip to be the real thunder god. The difference of orlandu roided to other op unit roided is that orlandu really can win battles by itself.

Good news is, I already have the Dual Wield and Excalibur #1 with 20% done into Excalibur #2. I also have Blade Mastery if I want to take him into that route too. Also at 51 trophies now. By the time he comes out, I'll be closer to 60.

Reason why I would like him is I already have the two biggest needs. It's not that I care for the care, but I wouldn't need to grind out anything majorly additional to complete him ala Tidus or Elleen

But my mathematical side can not get over the probability of pulling. I like investing, I hate gambling. I can get over the hurdle of a base 4*, but not a 5*. This is a bit of my own issues and such too. I can not believe something good like getting a high profile character will happen to me. Hence why I can't put faith into me ever getting a 5* Base character when I analysis and believe in small, but continual(Possible) improvements.

Folstern

What equips make for a broken Orlandu? I want to start saving.

Acerac

Banned
Brachiosaur down. :)

I was carried through the encounter based entirely on Kain's numbers. I won't judge him for being unable to differentiate between dragons and dinosaurs, he barely survived after Firion and Lenna got snorted.

Next step is to farm up those Limit Burst Pots so I can get a real Cecil going. Crazy how quick I've managed to progress, thanks again to all those who have helped me get here.

Muku

I feel the same. But at same time I feel like they won't ever bother because they like trolling us. Especially if you spend money.

Brachiosaur down. :)

I was carried through the encounter based entirely on Kain's numbers. I won't judge him for being unable to differentiate between dragons and dinosaurs, he barely survived after Firion and Lenna got snorted.

Next step is to farm up those Limit Burst Pots so I can get a real Cecil going. Crazy how quick I've managed to progress, thanks again to all those who have helped me get here.

Oh...... that bitch can snort two of your members like his daily hit? I thought he could only do one...

Shouta

What equips make for a broken Orlandu? I want to start saving.

Dual Wield, Great Sword Mastery, lots of big attack up materia.

Excalibur, Deathbringer, or Save the Queen are your best Great Sword bets in Global right now. Great Sword Mastery is only available through a challenge.

If you get the Genji bladefrom the trial when it's added, or any strong katana, then blade mastery from chizuru adds a ton.

I don't know 100% exactly the deal, but isn't there something that allows him to equip 7 ability slots?

Nope. Just 4 slots. You can fudge the ability slot usage by getting certain trust master rewards though like the Genji Glove which is Gilgamesh's TM.

desverger

This banner has been so stupid for me. So far my pulls out of it are:

Vivi (new)
White Witch Fina (new)
Ludmille (4th)
Agrias (3rd)
Kain (4th)

I mean, how difficult can it be to pull a featured, crappy base 3* unit instead of these rare base 4* pulls :p

tuffymon

This banner has been so stupid for me. So far my pulls out of it are:

Vivi (new)
White Witch Fina (new)
Ludmille (4th)
Agrias (3rd)
Kain (4th)

I mean, how difficult can it be to pull a featured, crappy base 3* unit instead of these rare base 4* pulls :p

It's because you "want" the unit, duh~ ;P

KeRaSh

Daily was a blue crystal that turned gold: WW Fina... Meh...
Sure, she's a 6* unit but She doesn't really bring anything to the table that I need.

Curaja: Cecil
Raise: Tellah
Cheer: Ramza

Ritual: Looks nice but I very rarely run out of MP and then I can just use some Ethers.

Razmos

Failed twice more against Golbez :(

Changed up my strategy, used more items, used Barthundera to block out his thunder spells, managed to avoid being Paralyzed on 3 of my characters and so I actually got to attack him on my second turn, and he was left with a slither of health left, used his death attack to kill all my main attackers and left only Agrias and Lenna left. There was no point reviving anyone because he would just burst them down instantly (it's so fucking dumb that characters can't act on the turn they are revived)

So I healed up and got Agrias to use Barrage. And it just wasn't enough. He proceeded to use a 10 attack long attack chain completely wiping them out.

I'm determined not to let it beat me but I just can't keep doing this. I'm wasting energy and running out of phoenix downs. A boss shouldn't use shitty RNG attacks like that, especially not after having to fight your way through 4 bosses to get there.

KeRaSh

Oh, new Trial coming up? I like that reward. Now I can push Tellah even further and give the "old" rod to Ex-Death!

I think I'm giving up on the 70k Trust Moogle and just TM farm via macros as everyone is suggesting. Other than that I have everything I wanted from the Mog King and then some.

I had a moment of weakness this morning and pulled even though I'm trying to save up for a better banner. I used 2 tickets and did the 1/2 price pull, so I didn't go hog wild... and I think I did alright, all things considered.

Got White Witch Fina, Black Cat Lid, and Rydia, none of which I had before.

I know that WWF isn't an ideal healer, but since Cecil is a relatively permanent member of my squad I'm okay if she doesn't have curaja. She has revive, which is my first outside of Amarant (who I haven't used in eons), and she will have much higher HP and SPR than my normal Fina after I get her upgraded. So all in all, I consider that a win for now.

As for BC Lid and Rydia... I see both of their names mentioned here a lot, but I honestly don't know what to do with them. Is there particular builds that make them powerful? I don't have any TMs, so please keep that in mind. Is BC Lid my first real, legit physical attacker? That would be very exciting if true.

Syntsui

Yes since it's a vortex one.
We probably won't get a new Farplane trial, like in JP, but Global exclusive one can still happen.

What's the point of farplane, mog king aside then? There are several locked paths and doors, even in JPN they never got used?

topheryan

Neo Member
Apologies if this has been asked, but is it worth farming candy corn to get mats to upgrade units that will 6-star eligible in the near future (Exdeath, etc.), or will there be a better way to get 6 star awakening mats by then?

Apologies if this has been asked, but is it worth farming candy corn to get mats to upgrade units that will 6-star eligible in the near future (Exdeath, etc.), or will there be a better way to get 6 star awakening mats by then?

YEEESSSS

I mean they are going to constantly be making 6 star material available through events BUT i find the current one incredibly easy and rewarding

PLUS it makes more sense to build teams NOW than later. You could find your self hitting a content or difficulty wall that you cant overcome to complete future events for future rewards

Build for the future right now

KeRaSh

I stocked up on a few mats. Not sure what's coming up but if you have no issues farming the highest tier of the Pumpkin Rider and already bought everything you need I'd say go for it. The "unlimited" tier of materials seems a little expensive so only get those if you need more of a specific material for one of your units to awaken. Not sure when ExDeath gets his 6* but I'll be ready for it.

I'm currently contemplating whether I should grab a few LB pots of just get back to TM farming again. All my units are already 5* or 6* and I'm not planning on grinding out LBs on 3* dupes to awaken and level again with better LBs. In that case I guess there's not really a point...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom