• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Muku

28L0tH9.png

Is it sad when your alt account is the first one with a 6*?

Bought a few Cactaur already and got him up to 47 right now so he's not totally gimped. Just bought rest of Cecil's stuff before awakening Delita. Alt account is feeling pretty good right now. Much love to GAF for helping it get up quick.

I'm looking at it now.

You have until the server goes down at 4 AM EDT. Golbez isn't coming back after the server maintenance.
Crap, I'm glad I didn't go to bed yet. Now I just have to hope I still have some Lightnings w/ Diablos I can use and that RNG doesn't screw me over.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I'm looking at it now.

You have until the server goes down at 4 AM EDT. Golbez isn't coming back after the server maintenance.

SHIT....i wanted to give this a shot with my old acc.

Need to check my FL if anyone still has a Golbez Lightning build up.
Is it sad when your alt account is the first one with a 6*?

Bought a few Cactaur already and got him up to 47 right now so he's not totally gimped. Just bought rest of Cecil's stuff before awakening Delita. Alt account is feeling pretty good right now. Much love to GAF for helping it get up quick.

Nice - congrats.

Shouta

For 99% of us in this thread, Global is the only game so nope, Genji Glove don't exist and won't for quite a while! ;p Besides, it technically still gives Dual Wield ;p

That's awesome! I never would have expected it from this game. One day we will get good story AND lapis for our efforts...wooooo!

Well, good is going to be a different metric for most people. I think it's at least interesting but I kinda wish the character dynamics would grow a little bit. I'm hoping that sort of happens when the secondary characters eventually get 6-star forms.

i don't even know what the story of this game is, some shit about finding crystals and they keep fucking up like in FF5.

Yeah I'm guilty of skipping all of that stuff too.

The first few continents don't do too much with the story but yeah, at first it's them going to each of the crystals so they can protect them from the 6 Generals. You gain new comrades and learn about them as the game goes on. Each of the continents are setup specifically for them, in fact.

It isn't until you get to the 7th actual continent in the game,
Mysidia
where a lot of stuff starts to come into focus and some of the big mysteries of the game start getting answered and the big picture starts to come into view.

Gonna spoiler this just in case anyone is interested in the story and want to see it for themselves, if you do don't click on this.
In Ordelion, Majin Fina first makes her appearance and you find out she's opposed to the generals/judges/whatever for some reason. You find out when the game goes to Mysidia that they were on opposite sides of a war that occurred 700 years ago. Towards the end of that war though, the generals and Fina's side were going to come to an agreement to end the war without more bloodshed. Fina gets sealed within a crystal as a part of that. However, the side backing the generals got scared of their influence and dropped those massive crystals onto where they were causing a massive explosion.

You find out that this explosion was so massive that huge chunks of land from their world were blasted into another dimension/planet. This became the world we know in the game, called Lapis. The the massive crystals are the anchors that tether and seal the world from returning to its old location. Breaking the crystals helps to unlock this seal but also releases whatever was held inside. The Earth Crystal has Fina which is what we see at the beginning of the game.

There's more to it of course but yeah, definitely more interesting than it started.

cw_sasuke

Ok need a OP Lightning friend w. Man Eater to give Golbez ELT a shot before he is gone.

Send me an invite if possible - 005,742,814.

3 hours left. Ill probably have enough for 2 attempts.

bonkeng

Ok need a OP Lightning friend w. Man Eater to give Golbez ELT a shot before he is gone.

Send me an invite if possible - 005,742,814.

3 hours left. Ill probably have enough for 2 attempts.

You still have 1 day 2 hrs left. The event will end on 27th October 2359 pst. Check the server time to avoid confusion.

KeRaSh

You mean, assuming that they don't have something stronger anyways? Going through the list avoiding obvious people, and units not released yet, we're left with... Cecil, Bartz, Firion, Vaan, Leo, WoL, Delita, Gaffgarion, Agrias, DKC,

Oh, Leo and Cecil can use it? That is perfect. Leo is currently using the Enhancer because he doesn't know how to use a Katana. Now I can give Enhancer to Ramza, Chiraijden (or however that is spelled) to Cecil and Leo can use the Scythe!
Unfortunately that drops Murasame out of the rotation being the lowest attack weapon.
I remember when that weapon was the only stong weapon I had in the game. How far we've come, huh?

cw_sasuke

Okay cleared ELT since i had a Lightning friend w. Diablos equipped and Barrage.
Was easier than with my main account :-/ Having 2 6* esp. Cecil made quite the difference - not a single unit died while had to use like 2-3 Phoenix Downs on my main lol.

Then again i knew what to expect ...first time is always harder.

PS. Still have spots free though - so add me anyway. 005,742,814. Rocking Ramza.
Same here. 176 560 599
Best of Luck bro !!
Seems like we have a bit more time too....
You still have 1 day 2 hrs left. The event will end on 27th October 2359 pst. Check the server time to avoid confusion.
Ah okay even better for the people who still need it. Thanks.
I was wondering because it seemed like a odd time to end the dungeon.

Rixa

Oh, Leo and Cecil can use it? That is perfect. Leo is currently using the Enhancer because he doesn't know how to use a Katana. Now I can give Enhancer to Ramza, Chiraijden (or however that is spelled) to Cecil and Leo can use the Scythe!
Unfortunately that drops Murasame out of the rotation being the lowest attack weapon.
I remember when that weapon was the only stong weapon I had in the game. How far we've come, huh?

Ask yourself:

Are you using Cecil as tank / healer? Would you rather give him some weapon that gives DEF / SPR / MP?
If his role is not tank / healer, why are you keeping him in party?

I have few days time to think, do I use 4x10% Moogle to 2 Ludmilles...

Screenshot_20161027-091138.png

I need to see if 2x DC helps to clear PRO, if not Ill just continue my grind progress and save the Moogles.

scarlet

Ask yourself:

Are you using Cecil as tank / healer? Would you rather give him some weapon that gives DEF / SPR / MP?

I have few days time to think, do I use 4x10% Moogle to 2 Ludmilles...

Screenshot_20161027-091138.png

I need to see if 2x DC helps to clear PRO, if not Ill just continue my grind progress and save the Moogles.

Are you done with the corn candy?

I barely use my TM team in every event, I'm running behind :(

Lyrian

Double triple checked my phone just now. God knows why I'm up at 3 AM.

On my phone the dungeon states: Until 10/27 03:59. That's 1 hour from now.

cw_sasuke

Double triple checked my phone just now. God knows why I'm up at 3 AM.

On my phone the dungeon states: Until 10/27 03:59. That's 1 hour from now.

Says 09:59 for me - which would be in an hour yeah.

Rixa

Are you done with the corn candy?

I barely use my TM team in every event, I'm running behind :(

No, not at all :D. Mostly been TM farming. I have used NRG to Cons when I wake up or before sleep and today will use some before Maintenance. Yesterday I bought the 30k Moogle, I havent bought eqs nor most expensive tix / SQs. But I have about one week (or when ever event ends) time to do them. If needed I can use Lapis for nrg.

I just want my DC TMs asap :p

Rixa

Added screenshot.

zaepe08.png

45 minutes from now.

Here it is 27.10.2016 clock being 10:19 and according to that screenshot. Those Babels end in under 40mins time?
When I look from my BE, Babels show "Until" 10/27 10:59 and that is 40min from now :D

Lyrian

Here it is 27.10.2016 clock being 10:19 and according to that screenshot. Those Babels end in under 40mins time?
When I look from my BE, Babels show "Until" 10/27 10:59 and that is 40min from now :D

When hasn't an a two week event ended without a server downtime to remove it?

KeRaSh

Ask yourself:

Well, I actually never looked at it like that. What weapons are generally favored to optimize Cecil as a tank?

Rixa

Well, I actually never looked at it like that. What weapons are generally favored to optimize Cecil as a tank?
Iam using Main Gauche, but not sure if some SPR weapon would be better :). Haven't really thought about it after I got my Cecil to 6*. Weapon has been on Cecil about 4 months now :D

Rootbeer

Banned
Talk about close...

I got Ifrit to 2*, leveled him to 10 and unlocked Plant Killer with two mins until maintenance

I hope it can make the difference I need for the boss update.

KeRaSh

Iam using Main Gauche, but not sure if some SPR weapon would be better :). Haven't really thought about it after I got my Cecil to 6*. Weapon has been on Cecil about 4 months now :D

Hmm... That's really interesting.
Also, the feel of running your last ADV Pumpkin before maintenance to reach exactly 0 energy 1 minute before it starts. So smooth.

Flambe

Good job internal alarm, woke me up three hours into sleep with just enough time to run my energy to 0 lol. Welp back to sleep

Valentus

Guys, if you dont want to suffer with the gigantuar and are playing since August:

Void vessel does 2000 fixed damage and dont need throw.

Kthxbye

Valentus

Missions? Have to redo all story missions? What's that?

All stages have 4 missions. 3 of them are different each stages. Only 1 is the same for all (clear the stages)

For example one stage can give you something like this:

Clear the stage - 40 lapis
Nobody dies - 20 lapis
Use blind on a enemy - 20 lapis
Defeat the Boss with a lb - 20 lapis

Or could be:

Clear the stage - 40 lapis
Nobody dies - 20 lapis
Dont use lb - 20 lapis
Dont use items - 20 lapis

So every stage gives you adittional 100 lapis if you clear the 4 missions.

The trials are different

For example, dark ifrit dark siren trial has tjese rewards:

Clear the stage - 100 lapis
Nobody dies - g.sword mastery materia (+40% atk if great sword is equip)
Use ifrit and siren summon - trust moogle
Dont use items - robe 30 def 40 int 40 spr inmun sleep silence

Rixa

Dang I only have 10 farplane souls.

Ooooh that is a lot of lapis!

When mission system was introduced JP and about 1 month later some player counted how much he can get Lapis from 1-7 Island (or 6 dont remember exactly) if you get all the rewards.

Amount was something like 44000 Lapis...

cw_sasuke

When mission system was introduced JP and about 1 month later some player counted how much he can get Lapis from 1-7 Island (or 6 dont remember exactly) if you get all the rewards.

Well F me....damn....

Syntsui

That's at least 4 Orladus with a little bit of luck!!

Rixa

Hopefully I dont remember wrong that 44000 amount, if you start counting:

Grandshelt Island

1. Earth Shrine gives 300 Lapis (I think explorations have similar missions)
2. Latius Woods 400 Lapis
3. Dalnakaya 400 Lapis
4. Siren's Tower 500 Lapis
5. Dalnakaya Plains 300 Lapis
6. Grandshelt Catacombs 400 Lapis
7 Grandshelt Castle 300 Lapis
8. Fulan Pass 400 Lapis
9. Inferno Hollow 500 Lapis
-> Trial of the Fire Beast (Ifrit) 100 Lapis

= 3600 Lapis from first Island. If you clear everything + Explorations & Espers have missions too. Someone can count the rest :p

orion434

Woke up just as the maintenance started, I have almost all the items I need from this event. I might actually do some Cactaur Dunes. I will stockpile 2 characters worth of 6* awakening materials. About 1/2 to the 70K Trust Moogle. Can't wait for those missions, are they going to lower %-pull on 6*? That's a lot of Lapis.

Rixa

Looked rest of the quests from Kongbakpao:

If every quest has possibility to clear 100 worth of Lapis (thus you get those) its:

Grandshelt Island 36 missions = 3600 Lapis
Lanzelt Isles 68 missions = 6800 Lapis
Kolobos 46 missions = 4600 Lapis
Dirnado 73 missions = 7300 Lapis
Olderion 91 missions = 9100 Lapis

31400 Lapis for getting every story mission 100% from first 5 Islands...

:)

NomarTyme

Well, good is going to be a different metric for most people. I think it's at least interesting but I kinda wish the character dynamics would grow a little bit. I'm hoping that sort of happens when the secondary characters eventually get 6-star forms.

The first few continents don't do too much with the story but yeah, at first it's them going to each of the crystals so they can protect them from the 6 Generals. You gain new comrades and learn about them as the game goes on. Each of the continents are setup specifically for them, in fact.

It isn't until you get to the 7th actual continent in the game,
Mysidia
where a lot of stuff starts to come into focus and some of the big mysteries of the game start getting answered and the big picture starts to come into view.

Gonna spoiler this just in case anyone is interested in the story and want to see it for themselves, if you do don't click on this.
In Ordelion, Majin Fina first makes her appearance and you find out she's opposed to the generals/judges/whatever for some reason. You find out when the game goes to Mysidia that they were on opposite sides of a war that occurred 700 years ago. Towards the end of that war though, the generals and Fina's side were going to come to an agreement to end the war without more bloodshed. Fina gets sealed within a crystal as a part of that. However, the side backing the generals got scared of their influence and dropped those massive crystals onto where they were causing a massive explosion.

You find out that this explosion was so massive that huge chunks of land from their world were blasted into another dimension/planet. This became the world we know in the game, called Lapis. The the massive crystals are the anchors that tether and seal the world from returning to its old location. Breaking the crystals helps to unlock this seal but also releases whatever was held inside. The Earth Crystal has Fina which is what we see at the beginning of the game.

There's more to it of course but yeah, definitely more interesting than it started.
Oh thanks looking forward to the stuff down the line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom