• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Lani two days in a row agagagssisjsbavacahahsbs

Decided to try without a Lightning, some random WoL, went okay.

FLKg8hz.png

ExVicis

I was going to wait until Halloween was over to do the trial event but it seems like it's not so bad so I should get it out of the way now?

Well even if it is easy I know for sure I'm going to wait to do the new story stuff. Just need to get the two TM Moogles and the Screamroot and I'm done with the Candy Corn.

For the people that have done it..

Do you think 2x 80 Kefka, an 80 Tellah, a 100 Cecil and an 80 Chiz would work on the new event if I brought a high attack Lightening or Ramza?

Or should I get that Lenna and keep my two 350-400mAtk mages, Cecil, and Chiz

I would bring two healers. The last boss will Graviga you and then kill someone next turn if you can't full heal them but who knows you might do enough DPS where that isn't a problem.

scarlet

For the people that have done it..

Do you think 2x 80 Kefka, an 80 Tellah, a 100 Cecil and an 80 Chiz would work on the new event if I brought a high attack Lightening or Ramza?

Or should I get that Lenna and keep my two 350-400mAtk mages, Cecil, and Chiz

Your team is similar to mine, you don't need Lenna. Use Cecil for healing, but bring a unit that can use full break.

1st battle: void vessel + bomb fragment
2nd battle: focus, spam blizzaga + lightning's ice blitz
3rd and 4th battle: full break, focus/provoke, spam thundaga and lightning's crushing blow/sparkstrike

Gonna take a day off from Candy farming and do the story I think. Only thing left to buy is excess expensive 6* mats and we still have a week. Wouldn't mind getting the Plant Killer materia anyway.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Thing is, I could toss 2x20% Trust Moogles to Ludmilles when they are closer to 80% and those would free 2 TM party places for 2 Lunas.

Not sure if its worth it. Maybe just keep those Moogles and grind about 10 days.

thing is, and you know this, to look at this like a straight up transaction. a 10% trust moogle is worth 1000 battles if you only have one of those units for TM farming. And if you're not going to save yourself 1000 battles for Excalibur or DualCast, what on earth would you use it for??

tuffymon

I'm still in combat with this demon boss... and done.

A thing to note, Osmose works great, kefka fully drained 1000 mp after 2 uses, still uses graviga and dark wave, but hasn't used anything else but attack.

Leaving my Lightning up with Diabolos and Splendor instead of Chiri~

Xion86

Loved the spam of Game Center achievements as soon as I logged into the game on my iPad after the update :D guess they added support.

KeRaSh

10 more pumpkin runs (or less if the PRO version tomorrow hands out some extras) and I got everything I wanted including the second Trust Moogle!
I was tempted to give the new trial a shot but thankfully all my Lightning friends are on cooldown.

Rixa

thing is, and you know this, to look at this like a straight up transaction. a 10% trust moogle is worth 1000 battles if you only have one of those units for TM farming. And if you're not going to save yourself 1000 battles for Excalibur or DualCast, what on earth would you use it for??

To Zidane, if I ever get one :/. Already got one Excalibur so the one Iam making is my second. But you are right I might get 2 faster Dual Casts :=. Maybe they help me in PRO :p.

Pejo

I've just been blowing all my energy on the ADV stage, hit a warning this morning that I was out of Item space. Looked at the items page and was sitting at about 72,000 candies. Well then - Trust Moogle get.

Now all that's left is the 30k Moogle and then I'll stock up on 6* mats until the event ends. I really liked this halloween event. Easy, time efficient, and good rewards. I didn't get the crazy rank ups that I got from FFT, but still managed 2-3.

I am gonna do the PRO Halloween boss tomorrow, then grind the event til the end. I'll worry about story/trial another day.

So I just completed the trial but had to burn my ethers and elixers to keep up my MP for the final battle. it's no joke. Full break never affected the boss either, is this now a useless skill?

tariniel

I have nearly 7k lapis now since I haven't been daily pulling on this banner. It's too bad that the banner isn't great since I miss the thrill of getting Shadows.

Also how the heck are people done getting everything from the event already? Are you skipping burst pots or some other stuff maybe? I still need like 70k candies to get the rest of what I want, and that's also skipping most of the cactuars. Unless I math'd wrong.

You can Full Break him but he will wipe it out with a self dispell.

I did see him do a little flash of what looked like a buff on himself but wasn't sure what it was. However I also never noticed any debuff icons over him. I used fill break about 6 or 7 times over the course of the fight. But then I just delegated WoL to using MP restoring items because he felt so useless.

I have nearly 7k lapis now since I haven't been daily pulling on this banner. It's too bad that the banner isn't great since I miss the thrill of getting Shadows.

Also how the heck are people done getting everything from the event already? Are you skipping burst pots or some other stuff maybe? I still need like 70k candies to get the rest of what I want, and that's also skipping most of the cactuars. Unless I math'd wrong.

Im not even close to done but my goals are pretty lofty

I may even endeavor to get the damn 70k moogle but hes the lowest on my list

Still working on 3 more Auras, Tickets, 40X mats, and 30k moogle

Damn, this was quite the challenge even for a semi stacked team. I forgot to bring item to destroy the gigantuar so I had to brute force with my Lightning and friend Lightning, amazingly enough it wasn't hard at all to do that. io took a while to take down, even with full break, crushing blow and cheer. The Great Demon himself just spammed me with Graviga but Curaja from Lenna and Cecil took care of that. I was at a disadvantage as I brought in a lvl 57 6* star Ramza who's built for casting and is damn near useless without Ultima. In the end though I was able to pull it off. With full gear this puts Tella at 420 magic, not bad at all.

A topic on Reddit complaining the new trial is super hard for F2P, when I showed you this video last week being done with mostly 4* units.
I guess it's easier to complain than to build a team!

I'm 100% F2P and I just beat the trial. Although to be fair, I had the help of a killer friend unit (653 ATK Dark Knight Cecil), but I got through it without even having to use an item outside of a couple void vessels to beat the Gigantuar. I just found that a constant use of osmose for my mages, full breaks, and a dedicated every-turn healer, I relatively breezed through it. Some of the bosses took a really long time to whittle down their health, but I wasn't really at the risk of dying. Only once did one of my units die, but I had him raised and back to full health the very next turn.

So like most challenging bosses, it takes strategy and a really good friend unit but is TOTALLY doable as a F2P gamer.

That wizard rod brought my Kefka up to 382 magic, which is looking mighty fine to me.

You're fran and my daily lani can meet and go fuck themselves ^^

Sounds sexy

I'm thinking... Miyuki may make an appearance for this trial, since it'll make throwing crap at the gigantaur good. Going to regular attack the shit out of him to build up summon and LB gauges, maybe use Rydia with Shiva to take out those freaking bombs.

Pejo

I'm 100% F2P and I just beat the trial. Although to be fair, I had the help of a killer friend unit (653 ATK Dark Knight Cecil), but I got through it without even having to use an item outside of a couple void vessels to beat the Gigantuar. I just found that a constant use of osmose for my mages, full breaks, and a dedicated every-turn healer, I relatively breezed through it. Some of the bosses took a really long time to whittle down their health, but I wasn't really at the risk of dying. Only once did one of my units die, but I had him raised and back to full health the very next turn.

So like most challenging bosses, it takes strategy and a really good friend unit but is TOTALLY doable as a F2P gamer.

That wizard rod brought my Kefka up to 382 magic, which is looking mighty fine to me.

So I'm confused. I see people saying Void Vessel will 1 shot the Gigantaur, and some say they need 2. Doesn't it do 2000 fixed damage? and the Gigantaur has 1500 hp?

So I'm confused. I see people saying Void Vessel will 1 shot the Gigantaur, and some say they need 2. Doesn't it do 2000 fixed damage? and the Gigantaur has 1500 hp?

I don't know about the fixed damage and whatnot, but it definitely took me 2. It had a fingernail of health left after I used 1, so maybe I could have just done normal attacks to finish it off after only using 1, but 1 vessel alone did not kill mine.

I did see him do a little flash of what looked like a buff on himself but wasn't sure what it was. However I also never noticed any debuff icons over him. I used fill break about 6 or 7 times over the course of the fight. But then I just delegated WoL to using MP restoring items because he felt so useless.

Weird when I used FB it def. worked it may not have been a full FB everytime but it added something everytime but he would just remove the next turn basically.

Yeah it does 2k damage and he has a little more than that. I just auto attacked him after it and he died.

Pejo

I don't know about the fixed damage and whatnot, but it definitely took me 2. It had a fingernail of health left after I used 1, so maybe I could have just done normal attacks to finish it off after only using 1, but 1 vessel alone did not kill mine.

Yeah it does 2k damage and he has a little more than that. I just auto attacked him after it and he died.

Thanks guys, I looked it up on the wiki and apparently they buffed the bosses a bit from the JP version, Gigantaur has 2100 hp now.

Weird when I used FB it def. worked it may not have been a full FB everytime but it added something everytime but he would just remove the next turn basically.

Same resource says if the last boss is afflicted with any break, he will use Dispel to remove the break debuff and physical attack twice. Sounds like Breaking every round is one way to remove his most damaging attacks, other than his HP threshold gravigas.

https://exviuswiki.com/Surging_Menace

RedZaraki

Banned
Feels like I've only gotten a couple nights of TM farm in the last two weeks. SO much events back to back and now new story stuff.

Feels like I'll never get my TMs.

Currently sitting at 50% or so with:

- Zidane
- Shanttoto
- Chizuru
- Luna
- Terra

Calling players f2p vs not is really not indicative to shit on this particular mobile game. I'm f2p but lucked out with lightning and Cecil. So I'm rocking two 6* units that are head and shoulders better than everything else.

What truly separates the most powerful players is the amount of TMs you've farmed or auto farmed. Those are what tip the scales dramatically. Those with decked out Excalibur's and dual wield, mag 30% ect. Granted if you're a whale you more than likely acquired those units with the killer TMs, however getting the farming done is the big deal. Thus calling people f2p has little bearing on their units capabilities.

One shot the new trial. I think that overall this is the hardest fight in the game right now. Bring a strong friend with you guys it will help a lot.

UrSuLeTzU

Greater Demon trial down(oneshot), pretty easy but fun and diverse fight. I killed gigantuar with consecutive normal punches(OPM ref :D) becuz I only had 3 dark crists and was impatient to get the trial done, lol.

Syrus

Banned
Need strong friends

871 152 852

366 Kefka 5 star but will get earrings and better equipment soon

Also will have 6 star ex death once hes released ,supposedly soon

So are the earrings better than the basket? If so, that will save me candy corn. Where do you buy the earrings at anyway? I'm so far behind on candy corn because I prioritize TM farming right now but I already have more than enough for the tickets so if I can at least get the mask I'll be happy. Would be nice to get LB pots for Cecil though...

Story and Trial will have to wait since they aren't limited time and Halloween is. Gotta get that candy corn! Finally got back up over 10K lapis again and these story missions will boost it further :) Wonder if Tidus or Orlandu will hit us first.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So are the earrings better than the basket? If so, that will save me candy corn. Where do you buy the earrings at anyway? I'm so far behind on candy corn because I prioritize TM farming right now but I already have more than enough for the tickets so if I can at least get the mask I'll be happy. Would be nice to get LB pots for Cecil though...

Story and Trial will have to wait since they aren't limited time and Halloween is. Gotta get that candy corn! Finally got back up over 10K lapis again and these story missions will boost it further :) Wonder if Tidus or Orlandu will hit us first.

The earrings are great -- + 20% MAG but you def. want the basket. +15% MAG / +15% SPR is LEGIT.

Yay! Still here. Can someone with an OP Lightning switch over to Diablos for me. :3

Yesterday, I FINALLY got the first 5 Espers to 2* (I didn't have enough Cryst for 2* Diablos so I finished off all of my others instead), took my first Shining Splendor out of the oven and crafted Baraerora. Time to finally whoop up Black Armor Boy.

I couldn't find any Diablos Lightnings up last night and failed with 470 ATK Ifrit Lightnings. I don't have any good TMs yet, so I'm going to be heavily relying on a Lightning buddy.

Running:
6* Cecil (2* Golem) - Bar-Xra / Provoke / Focus
Chizuru (2* Ifrit) - Barrage
CoD (2* Ramuh) - Barrage
Tellah (2* Shiva) - Raise / Imperil / Element Chains
Lenna (2* Siren) - Cheer / Curaja

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Well the 2nd pair of earrings are pretty hard to get unless you buy them up over time after a bunch of events. Read: get both.

yo ADawg -- you farming Phantom Forrest for that megacite?

Well the 2nd pair of earrings are pretty hard to get unless you buy them up over time after a bunch of events. Read: get both.

yo ADawg -- you farming Phantom Forrest for that megacite?

I'm assuming you mean it's difficult to get 100 Star Quartz right now? I don't recall how many I have hmmm

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
I'm putting Diablos and TM farming on hold until after Pumpkin leaves, but should I be doing so elsewhere? That's the best, non-event, place that I know of.

No I meant for your esper leveling!

I'm assuming you mean it's difficult to get 100 Star Quartz right now? I don't recall how many I have hmmm

Yeah, that's what I meant. I've never truly looked at how many are easily available. I finished the main story quest and did a few events since mid-Sept and had enough for one so far.

robotuw

It shouldn't be that hard by now. I just broke 100 with this event and I've been pretty unlucky with minituars and the enchanted maze from before. Just use the wiki to find all the SQ with set locations.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom