• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is switch control the best iOS method right now?

So there's manual TM - switch control for iOS that requires very minimal manual input from the user - then there's Nox/Memu which is straight automation.

I've never tried the Nox/Memu method but being that I work in IT I'm able to do the switch control method on my iphone very easily. It took a few tries to setup perfectly but once I got it running it has made things much easier on the TM grind. Mind you the Nox/Memu method is the best as you can do it while you sleep and it will run on its own. SC requires you to tap the screen numerous times every couple of minutes.

Valentus

After 30 tries and 500 lapis spent and countless ítems... I can say gumi upgraded the Monsters of the trial.

Its not possible that a crappy party in jp with 6 thundaras chained (3 of them from 2 bartz and a fina) destroys the bombs in 1 turn and i cant even defeat the red balloons.

Also, cactuar 2100 hp???

Im still trying to get the correct config, but its really challenging with a normal party.

The party of 4 stars in jap theres no chance in blue hell that can do It in gl

NomarTyme

After 30 tries and 500 lapis spent and countless ítems... I can say gumi upgraded the Monsters of the trial.

Its not possible that a crappy party in jp with 6 thundaras chained (3 of them from 2 bartz and a fina) destroys the bombs in 1 turn and i cant even defeat the red balloons.

Also, cactuar 2100 hp???

Im still trying to get the correct config, but its really challenging with a normal party.

Jesus.

Damn, that last fight with Greater Demon drained my on board supply to the point I thought I wasn't going to be able to beat it but I did. That last round was a do or die moment as I was pretty much out of mp for healer and WOL full break but I did it. I guess that is a sign of things to come eh or is that one of the few exceptions that we will encounter?

Also, cactuar 2100 hp???

Celeste's Sealing Blade is rumored to stop all casts from the Great Demon. I cannot confirm this but per reddit she's the real mvp.

Kouriozan

Also, cactuar 2100 hp???

Well, damn, that's what Gumi said about balancing the game due to the lack of materia stacking, they make harder! :lol

Razmos

Beat the demon trial on my first try thanks to my OP Dark Knight Cecil friend.

Also got my third White Witch Fina on my daily. Will probably farm her bow at some point. 80 attack is great for a bow and it has Man Eater and Bird killer. The 40 SPR is a nice bonus too

chrono01

Also, cactuar 2100 hp???

I'm scared.

KeRaSh

Beat the new trial on my first attempt. I was never really in danger but I had to spend 5 Turbo Ethers and 5 Elixirs just to refill MP. Couldn't keep up Focus or Cheer because it was too much of an MP drain. Slow and steady won me the fight, though.

Also got 60k candy. A few more runs and I'm done with the event. Might run a few extra rounds for some more 6* mats but that's about it!

Syntsui

Also, cactuar 2100 hp???

OK now this is worrisome.

Ugggg, I can't get past Cag with a Fire Katana/Ifrit Lightning friend.

Can someone toss up a Babel geared Lightning? Valentus, Kouriozan, Zera... Bueller?

Dawg

n1TG61g.jpg

Ohhh. Who could it be?!

kmh3A1U.jpg

Wew lad. Took me by surprise. Think I'm gonna keep doing daily pulls only. You get a lot of shit but the pain is never as big as pulling 10 bad units at once. And maybe it's just me, but these single pulls are giving me better luck in the end.

chrono01

n1TG61g.jpg

Ohhh. Who could it be?!

kmh3A1U.jpg

Wew lad. Took me by surprise. Think I'm gonna keep doing daily pulls only. You get a lot of shit but the pain is never as big as pulling 10 bad units at once. And maybe it's just me, but these single pulls are giving me better luck in the end.
I expected a Shadow, haha.

Congrats, man! :)

Vashetti

Banned
I have 8 friend slots free, cleared up some space

My ID

Level 80 Vaan

or Level 100 Cecil if you guys would prefer I make him leader.

tuffymon

Congrats Dawg!!

Can someone interpret what Valentus is saying?

What's missing? He had mentioned prior to the event he was going to use a normal party with no beasts etc to take the event down. The monsters are stronger in global than they were in the JP release, and isn't (or hasn't) been able to win.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
So there's manual TM - switch control for iOS that requires very minimal manual input from the user - then there's Nox/Memu which is straight automation.

I've never tried the Nox/Memu method but being that I work in IT I'm able to do the switch control method on my iphone very easily. It took a few tries to setup perfectly but once I got it running it has made things much easier on the TM grind. Mind you the Nox/Memu method is the best as you can do it while you sleep and it will run on its own. SC requires you to tap the screen numerous times every couple of minutes.

Thanks for this. I'm going to set up nox for tonight.

I figure:

-- at rank 51, I have 61 max NRG.
-- at 5 minutes per 1 NRG, I'm banking 12 per hour.
-- at 0, it takes 5 hours and 5 minutes to fill up.
-- if I avg 7 hours of sleep, I'm missing 2 hours of NRG, or 24 wasted TM runs.

So I have to do this.

Flambe

Woo grats!

I finally got my Kitty Lid, done with this damn banner time to save Lapis!

tuffymon

Don't forget you can adjust the times to never lose energy, slowly use faster, or slowly regain faster... or just power through a full bar asap~

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
What's missing? He had mentioned prior to the event he was going to use a normal party with no beasts etc to take the event down. The monsters are stronger in global than they were in the JP release, and isn't (or hasn't) been able to win.

(why is this worrying / people freaking out?)

n1TG61g.jpg

Ohhh. Who could it be?!

kmh3A1U.jpg

Grats!

Kouriozan

Just imagine if Gilgamesh gets "Global balanced" too x)
Gratz!
There is so little chances to get them outside of their featured banner, really impressive.

tuffymon

Because they made it even harder, you also can't continue... so newer people or people with weaker setups won't be able to clear it.

Syntsui

Gumi has a funny idea of balancing, our server is already fucked damage-wise due to non stacking materias. But hey, why not release harder content on top of that?

Anyway, Edgar team is the real deal AS LONG as you can PERFECTLY CHAIN your mage's spells. Otherwise you are royally fucked.

With Kefka, use Overdrive first and then Chain Chainsaw. If you want to chain Thundaga the timing is weird and you'd better train it before trying.

tuffymon

This is Chain Chronicle all over again! O_O

We don't take kindly to people who bring up CC... In all seriousness, they had to have some sort of reason to think it should be buffed...

I had double Lightning, and while the trial was easy, mp was a serious concern... two of those fights lasted way longer than double L normally take.

EDarkness

Metal Jumbotaur Lv 99 in JP is 1500 HP so yeah, they increased it.

Well, in the end if no one can do it (or does it at all), then what's the point of it? Unless they think that there will be some way for the average player to down this even buffed up.

tuffymon

Well, in the end if no one can do it (or does it at all), then what's the point of it? Unless they think that there will be some way for the average player to down this even buffed up.

What I find weird/crazy is that you can't continue with lapis... so, it's not like buffing the fights helps nickel and dime everyone' lapis reserves to just power through the event.

Syntsui

They have all the stats for the game, so maybe there are just way too many people with Lightning on Global so they had to make the content harder because of that.

Shouta

We don't take kindly to people who bring up CC... In all seriousness, they had to have some sort of reason to think it should be buffed...

This was released a little later than when it was released in JP. We didn't have 6-star units when this came out and the FFIV event was after this as well. That's why they buffed it.

For reference, this game out at the end of December 2015 which was about 3 months after JP release. This is 4+ months. Lightning also came 2 months after this in JP.

Valentus

Celeste's Sealing Blade is rumored to stop all casts from the Great Demon. I cannot confirm this but per reddit she's the real mvp.

Just tried it with 2 lightning, my ramza and a Celes scrub.

Its not. At least doesnt stop the dispel on himself. The gravigas and Magic are not the problem. Are those fucking slashes of 1.2k that really hurts and i dont do much damage.

Xion86

Greater Demon down! (I have to say I found that really, really tough :( had to use 5 Elixers too and Lightning friend helped SO much).

Reward presented to Kefka, have fun and wreak havoc my main Mage!

sV1Epwgl.png

Xion86

Grats Xion!!! I think I might have actually used your WoL in that fight :C

and grats Dawg, finally!!!

Thank you Chilly! :) First time I used Exdeath too. Posted my Kefka with his new reward above (making him leader now) :)
But yeah it was worrying how tough I found it :/

Back to Candy farming...

EDarkness

They have all the stats for the game, so maybe there are just way too many people with Lightning on Global so they had to make the content harder because of that.

Well, then, I want a Lightning as well since I haven't been fortunate enough to get any of the new 6* units. No Ramza. No Lightning. No Dark Knight Cecil. No Delita. Doing things like this will just make me (and I'm sure others) not want to continue playing.

Shouta

I really wouldn't be in such a hurry to complete the trial. It's always going to be there so you can just wait to get more powerful chars or more powerful gear from later events to redo it.

The Wizard Rod is the best free rod still in JP as far as I know. So it'll be useful for a long time. I still use it on my casters now.

I really wouldn't be in such a hurry to complete the trial. It's always going to be there so you can just wait to get more powerful chars or more powerful gear from later events to redo it.

The Wizard Rod is the best free rod still in JP as far as I know. So it'll be useful for a long time. I still use it on my casters now.

STARDUST ROD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom