• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

robotuw

Done with candy farming! Got everything except that dumb knife and the two moogles. Neither is better than straight TM farming and I've got plenty of good TM units now rather than having to save moogles for later.

Done with candy farming! Got everything except that dumb knife and the two moogles. Neither is better than straight TM farming and I've got plenty of good TM units now rather than having to save moogles for later.

I can't fathom how the moogles are so worthless to some people. They're the most important thing in the game to me.

EDarkness

I can't fathom how the moogles are so worthless to some people. They're the most important thing in the game to me.

For me, it's because it takes too many to really get anywhere. If they dropped more often, then I could see that, but 10% to Trust is good, but there's still a ton of farming needed to be done. Just doesn't seem worth it considering how out of reach a lot of this stuff is for the average player. Same with Limit Breaks. I don't even worry about it anymore. I just drool over everyone else's gear. :(

Syntsui

Valentus, have you been TM farming from day one? LOL

I've been struggling to find time to TM farm anything with all these grindy events :(

Celegus

No one will, I doubt anyone here put time into that.

Bx2DkxD-2njpy1Ym_KalqGS_cQlpxKP-CPrLk1di0d50N_f4f8svaIr3YIz0AChif1mhmD3rRU_ZaLPZBeCPMMfTiCwGNwHf9zmUiu28I7x4FCHtQ-jiUCN5EscGCqj7Kt-_BiXEA64m4mwwQ_PZey4M_1Vz6jmE2f7XEeHmM5aNFfDLwmvLFOx3ylJI3N4pvWFeo8ouRD7Y427fWwWS4CbwwY4G9qZmalYFJeFmuEGCsiwXeWy6R9FvjkHIVvmMro8rU4PP6cIjlrwQ9Uyr6cA_P4kEfb5XXSZdTH0wLd00qe3_XsZdVB6whHKd9gc1Dmr1a7aCMMRh5m5m8B17fzK-MH8NLY9ABhjFmePVG6N-ujCWNFJey8pZVqzyF1CDfbRVgC8Dv9migAVGgvCo0ajPQ7qxZ-0OlbdJgik1QAzpQDSv4ksCo0iML8h_Vl3BOGsBt7wWCfsRMp7sLGJqNS1OEhyd5Z2Is9sX__9V9QJQY1C2cJHxPqK2Qvdtq7Espi6E6gfUfdivq-pruJT0KfBkBVhF_fnfLJ2WCM51X933CijisuQDAmbiVBRz-eWIBVLsnzwRdOLWcmwf0MG9X3DbTs2jVbzA9-lSIbWbC7gsgtg9=w535-h950-no

Getting close! I do have two spare Lockes if I need to finish one quick, but was thinking about keeping them for FOUR TREASURE HUNTER SCIENCE (too bad it kind of sucks though)

Rokuren

For me, it's because it takes too many to really get anywhere. If they dropped more often, then I could see that, but 10% to Trust is good, but there's still a ton of farming needed to be done. Just doesn't seem worth it considering how out of reach a lot of this stuff is for the average player. Same with Limit Breaks. I don't even worry about it anymore. I just drool over everyone else's gear. :(

I'd argue that if you're not going to TM farm, moogles would be even more important. Some TM's can make a huge difference in a character's power. You'll get enough eventually and you'll eventually get a unit with a powerful tm; maybe.
ZIDANE!!!

It all breaks down to math, opportunity costs and perspective.

- Beating ADV Pumpkin Rider gives the player 1.5k Candy at the cost of 18 NRG.

- 30k Moogle = 360 NRG.

- 70k Moogle = 840 NRG.

- There is a 10% chance to to increase TM by 0.1% after battle.

- 1% = 100 NRG used at Earth Shrine.

Using this conversion, 360 NRG = 3.6% and 840% NRG = 8.4%. So, at first it seems like the Moogles would be a better NRG investment. However, there is little to no reason for a player to TM farm with only one unit in their team. Thus, a player who is TM farming would actually be averaging 5% TM per 100 NRG (spread out over the 5 units). Looking at it like that, 360 NRG = 18% and 840 NRG = 42%. This is why someone may prefer to use their time / NRG in Earth Shrine rather than farming Candy to buy these particular set of Moogles.

TL:DR - If someone doesn't TM farm then Candy grinding for Moogles are great. If someone does TM farm then these two particular Moogles aren't worth investing in.

Sidenote: Someone might put more value in getting a single specific TM quickly, thus increasing the Moogles value.

chrono01

If one of ya'll is Rheyn, THANK YOU!

This was the only Lightning I saw all day w/ Diabolos and...

VICTORY! \o/ \o/ \o/
Nice work, congrats! Cutting it close, but you did it. :)

What happened in Chain Chronicle?
Lots of stuff I'd rather not reminisce on, too many bad memories. Let's just say that Gumi mis-handled a well-developed game, in more ways than one. :(

Thankfully, their management now is different than it was, so FFBE should be in better hands now.

bonkeng

It all breaks down to math, opportunity costs and perspective.

- Beating ADV Pumpkin Rider gives the player 1.5k Candy at the cost of 18 NRG.

- 30k Moogle = 360 NRG.

- 70k Moogle = 840 NRG.

- There is a 10% chance to to increase TM by 0.1% after battle.

- 1% = 100 NRG used at Earth Shrine.

Using this conversion, 360 NRG = 3.6% and 840% NRG = 8.4%. So, at first it seems like the Moogles would be a better NRG investment. However, there is little to no reason for a player to TM farm with only one unit in their team. Thus, a player who is TM farming would actually be averaging 5% TM per 100 NRG (spread out over the 5 units). Looking at it like that, 360 NRG = 18% and 840 NRG = 42%. This is why someone may prefer to use their time / NRG in Earth Shrine rather than farming Candy to buy these particular set of Moogles.

TL:DR - If someone doesn't TM farm then Candy grinding for Moogles are great. If someone does TM farm then these two particular Moogles aren't worth investing in.

Sidenote: Someone might put more value in getting a single specific TM quickly, thus increasing the Moogles value.

Even if you don't need the moogles right away, it's still a good idea to farm for them.

So when the time comes that you pull a Tidus and an Eileen, you feed all your moogles to them and get their TM's instantly as their TMs are what makes them OP. Just like how Excalibur makes Orlandu the monster he becomes.

EDarkness

I'd argue that if you're not going to TM farm, moogles would be even more important. Some TM's can make a huge difference in a character's power. You'll get enough eventually and you'll eventually get a unit with a powerful tm; maybe.
ZIDANE!!!

Heh, I don't have Zidane. No great TMs to be honest so even though I have a couple of Trust Moogles, I have no idea what to spend them on.

You're probably right, though, they should have more value for me in this case. But I just look at how far I have to go in order to get even one item and I give up even trying. It'll take years to get even one at the rate I'm going. I'm more likely to get a TM from having too many Lunas before I get anything great out of this system. I envy those who can do it. Such a sad state of affairs. Maybe others like me just don't put that much stock in it since it seems like some unattainable thing.

chrono01

Even if you don't need the moogles right away, it's still a good idea to farm for them.

So when the time comes that you pull a Tidus and an Eileen, you feed all your moogles to them and get their TM's instantly as their TMs are what makes them OP. Just like how Excalibur makes Orlandu the monster he becomes.
That's what I'm waiting for. The day I pull Tidus. From a daily summon. For 250 Lapis.

Yes, that day will come.

No, it won't.

Rokuren

Heh, I don't have Zidane. No great TMs to be honest so even though I have a couple of Trust Moogles, I have no idea what to spend them on.

You're probably right, though, they should have more value for me in this case. But I just look at how far I have to go in order to get even one item and I give up even trying. It'll take years to get even one at the rate I'm going. I'm more likely to get a TM from having too many Lunas before I get anything great out of this system. I envy those who can do it. Such a sad state of affairs. Maybe others like me just don't put that much stock in it since it seems like some unattainable thing.

Yeah, I get this. I've been playing for awhile now and I have 4 moogles, not going for the 70k one. How long til I get 10? Will I even still be playing?

The only "premium" tm I have is a 30% mag which I grinded with 5 shantotto's. I'm prioritizing units I have duplicates of but I only farm so much. But I'm still having a lot of fun with the game so I'm willing to take the long view.

EDarkness

Yeah, I get this. I've been playing for awhile now and I have 4 moogles, not going for the 70k one. How long til I get 10? Will I even still be playing?

The only "premium" tm I have is a 30% mag which I grinded with 5 shantotto's. I'm prioritizing units I have duplicates of but I only farm so much. But I'm still having a lot of fun with the game so I'm willing to take the long view.

Yeah, I totally get this, too. I'm still having fun with the game, though I think I put less into it now than I did a few months ago. This event made me realize that I would be more willing to spend real money on something like 5 Trust Moogles for $20 than I would for the silly lapis or tickets that may or may not net me something good. I don't want to pay money for random things, but I'll pay for something I can see myself use that will increase my enjoyment of the game. Doing pulls these days just feels bad and I hate doing it. Building up the guys I have now just feels better and I get more out of the game that way.

Anyway, I got the 30k Trust Moogle, but I'm just adding it to the list until I can figure out what to do with it. Heh, heh.

Shouta

Moogle are good to get even if you don't have great TM units right now. It's basically banking grinding for later and much more useful when you only have one of a unit which is what will occur with the more difficult units to get.

Valentus

This dude really knows whats up.

By that time we should have 10 trust moogles easy.

Rokuren

Quick / dumb question -- I play on iOS. Do I get nox or memu or what?

Nox/Memu are Android emulator's; Memu should be the one to use on Windows. The only thing to be aware of is that while you can sync your game with both; lapis isn't synced between the OS's. So you'll start with 0 on memu and anything earned on it will stay there

Did 2x10 pulls for Trance Terra and didn't get her. Not mad though, because I managed to get Orlandu, Tidus, Balthier, 2nd Zidane/Ludmille and a handful of other notable units during the anniversary summoning gate. I might do another 10 pull for Trance Terra before the gate is gone, not sure yet.

How exactly does the friend's list populate pre-fight? I know it can be reset by exiting the game and restarting, but is there a set cooldown after using a friend? I thought it was only one use per day, but the same Lightning that I used to beat Golbez showed up again ~3 hours later when I was farming more Candy. o_O

Grats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Nice work, congrats! Cutting it close, but you did it. :)

Congrats man - just in time !!
Thanks. I was super lucky to come across that share. Every other Lightning I saw was Ifrit and most had the FFT Flame Katana to boot. I would struggle to get past Rubi, before getting decimated by Cag.

With the proper Lightning friend, I 2-turned Rubi, 3-turned Cag, 2-turned Barb and 3-turned Golbeza. I got really frightened when I saw this after my first turn.

3 hour cooldown on using the same one again~
Well, that explains that! Thanks for the quick response.

Shouta

Did 2x10 pulls for Trance Terra and didn't get her. Not mad though, because I managed to get Orlandu, Tidus, Balthier, 2nd Zidane/Ludmille and a handful of other notable units during the anniversary summoning gate. I might do another 10 pull for Trance Terra before the gate is gone, not sure yet.

Nice. Orlandu, Tidus, and Balthier are pretty much the best units you can get aside from Trance Tina so you'll be fine, lol.

Lyrian

What the hell?

I know Gumi doesn't want anyone to use summons, but do they really have to rub it in by requiring 5 elemental tears per EVO MAG +10%?

tuffymon

Ya know, as awesome as this anniversary event sounds, I almost feel like I want to save all lapis until then... It actually sounds worthwhile~

hitmon

Ya know, as awesome as this anniversary event sounds, I almost feel like I want to save all lapis until then... It actually sounds worthwhile~

What is the anniversary event? I finally daily pulled a Chiz, but still no banner character. I can live with that.

tuffymon

What is the anniversary event? I finally daily pulled a Chiz, but still no banner character. I can live with that.

The JP 1 year anniversary, it's probably 15 pages back by now... or more, but absolutely insane rewards, free pulls, and players choice that cycled every 2 days... (or top units or whatever, i don't recall exactly).

I absolutely urge everyone playing global to save a decent amount of gems/tickets for its first-anniversary event. I've played the JP version since launch and only managed to pull 1 natural 5 star(Emporer) the whole time. It wasn't until the JP anniversary that I finally start getting some major luck pulling the top tier units. This event has been amazing for me.

Rixa

You aren't alone, bro. Been doing it since pre-launch. I just watch videos/streams or in between Overwatch matches. Sometimes I get lazy and do the 3 energy battle with the Octopus boss because it has a good rank experience ratio as well.

I also only do it on my phone and manually. But I also only do it when watching a movie or something. It's maddening and i hate the TM system. They should've just had it raise .01% every time instead of the bullshit 10% chance. Bring on the trust moogles!!!!!!

Oh more crazy people \o/
Yeah, fuck the trial. I Hope i can have better luck Tomorrow.

So to calm down my frustration, heres the trial in easy Mode. Enjoy
Swapped my leader, say if you need it back :p
tDVOeZg.png

Glad I farmed the hell out of Phantom Forest back in the day, but these requirements are borderline ludicrous for only a +10% materia.

I dont get it :D. Why the it has to be so high material costs, outside of you about 0% player base will craft those.

KeRaSh

I absolutely urge everyone playing global to save a decent amount of gems/tickets for its first-anniversary event. I've played the JP version since launch and only managed to pull 1 natural 5 star(Emporer) the whole time. It wasn't until the JP anniversary that I finally start getting some major luck pulling the top tier units. This event has been amazing for me.

When is the global anniversary? Not the event specifically since I'm sure they haven't announced anything but release wise.

tDVOeZg.png

Glad I farmed the hell out of Phantom Forest back in the day, but these requirements are borderline ludicrous for only a +10% materia.

How does the damage compare?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom