• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've gotten such crap daily pulls for the last few weeks that I didn't even get excited at first when I used the free ticket this morning and got a rainbow....

and then got LIGHTNINGWWWWWWWOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Fun fact: 100 Giant Cactuars will level her exactly from 5* lvl 1 to 6* lvl 100!

Less fun facts: I'm still 35% away from Excalibur, and still don't have Miyuki

Congrats!!!!

Used Kourio's Lightning as partner
-First turn was FB, Cheer, Crushing Blow, Raging Fist (from DKC), whatever from Chizuru and regular attack from Cecil
-Second turn used flasks on DKC and Lightning
-Hammer the shit out of him
-Victory

The Scythe is going on DKC. Even though Enhancer has higher ATK, it's not a ton more ATK and I can keep it on Vaan or whoever and DKC can still hit hard AND use Reap to get back HP if I go nuts using Dark Cannon or something.

Full break does work of Pumpkin Reaper you just have to keep hammering away to get a proc

Been helping get the 4 turn kill more reliably

Thanks Agrias

Iceman829

Thanks Cybrwzrd I beat PRO on my first attempt with your Lightning. I still have no idea who will every use the Scythe, but I'm happy to complete the event. Now I just need to finish that last moogle to push my first dual wield to 80%.

tariniel

I did the PRO Pumpkin guy around 6 times by now and every single time it's a 100% resist on Full Break. I just have someone use Imperil and swapped out WoL for Vaan so I can have Focus. It's not so bad I've killed it every time before the doom kicks in.

Skythe get. Probably not running that much as it took a totally OP Lightning friend and still barely survived. I'll scrape by on ADV to finish out.

Have most of what I want anyway, just going to stock up on mats now and get the 30k moogle.

Pejo

Oh YOU are Nomidor

I never made the connection and wondered why Nomidor never posted LMAO

Lol yea it took me so long to figure that out too, I kept looking on my FL for Valentus, but then I eventually put 2+2 together.

Though, I don't use my posting name as my in game name either, so who am I to talk.

Only 53k for 99 of every mat, huh? Dammit Chilly, what have you done.

Rixa

Unit:

IMG_0318.PNG

Normal attack:

IMG_0323.PNG
IMG_0324.PNG
IMG_0330.PNG

Reap Blood:

IMG_0314.PNG
IMG_0315.PNG
IMG_0319.PNG

The Scythe is going on DKC. Even though Enhancer has higher ATK, it's not a ton more ATK and I can keep it on Vaan or whoever and DKC can still hit hard AND use Reap to get back HP if I go nuts using Dark Cannon or something.

See above :p

Yeah Reap Blood skill is currently bugged apparently

In their effort to balance things for Global they just keep fucking shit up

People are still submitting tickets to get Kain's Jump fixed as well

This game really needs a balance and bugfix patch to get combat back on reasonable ground

tuffymon

Blah blah DKC stuff and pics

See above :p

Since we can see how small the numbers are due to how buggy it is, why not play around seeing what can give it bonuses..., try all mag gear / materia, and the same for spirit, and evo dmg. See if anything affects it.

Lyrian

Time to recycle the app until one of GAF's OP Ramza/Lightnings shows up.

Getting tired real fast of flushing energy and flasks down the drain.

The bullshit the Reaper throws at you when it is low on life when fighting it legitimately is Golbez-tier garbage.

Rixa

Since we can see how small the numbers are due to how buggy it is, why not play around seeing what can give it bonuses..., try all mag gear / materia, and the same for spirit, and evo dmg. See if anything affects it.

That account is missing all the abilities, cant play around sorry :p

Time to recycle the app until one of GAF's OP Ramza/Lightnings shows up.

Getting tired real fast of flushing energy and flasks down the drain.

The bullshit the Reaper throws at you when it is low on life when fighting it legitimately is Golbez-tier garbage.

Huh?

Do you have a good tank cuz My 6 star Cecil is making its attacks easy to deal with

Start the Fight with Focus and Cheer. Full Break every turn and DPS with the rest

The worst I get is half health damage with his AOE and Cecil eats the rest

Lyrian

Huh?

Do you have a good tank cuz My 6 star Cecil is making its attacks easy to deal with

Start the Fight with Focus and Cheer. Full Break every turn and DPS with the rest

The worst I get is half health damage with his AOE and Cecil eats the rest

I have no DPS, only mages :/

Mages do garbage damage, because of the 30% resist all on the Reaper. That makes for a really long fight, even with Imperil.

Still, the fight is sustainable until the Reaper hits 30% life. Then the bullshit starts happening. At 30%, he can roll two different AoEs per round for his 3 attacks that turn. One is Swipe, which is a 1.5k-2k AoE physical attack, the other is Soul Reaper, which is a 1.5k-2k AoE magic attack. Every time that happens, anyone that is not the tank or a 6* level 100 is instantly dead, period. 5* units don't have 3000 to 3500+ life to tank both AoEs if they happen on the same turn.

tuffymon

Mages do garbage damage, because of the 30% resist all on the Reaper. That makes for a really long fight, even with Imperil.

Still, the fight is sustainable until the Reaper hits 30% life. Then the bullshit starts happening. At 30%, he can roll two different AoEs per round for his 3 attacks that turn. One is Swipe, which is a 1.5k-2k AoE physical attack, the other is Soul Reaper, which is a 1.5k-2k AoE magic attack. Every time that happens, anyone that is not the tank or a 6* level 100 is instantly dead, period. 5* units don't have 3000 to 3500+ life to tank both AoEs if they happen on the same turn.

Ya know, I wondered about that... I had it once that I knocked him to 15%~ looked away for a moment, and noticed everyone but the tank / Lightnings died...

desverger

Unit:

IMG_0318.PNG

Normal attack:

IMG_0323.PNG
IMG_0324.PNG
IMG_0330.PNG

Reap Blood:

IMG_0314.PNG
IMG_0315.PNG
IMG_0319.PNG

It's a limitation of Drain type skills that they can't overkill. That's why you hit a rat, who has 150hp, for 150 max when using Reap Blood.

Just tested hitting the ADV Reaper with 6* Cecil using Drain Blood, it hit for 1k and I drained 300hp.

This explains why sometimes Osmose isn't doing a lot when you hit low level enemies, it actually needs the enemy to have MP. Those rats have 15 MP, btw!

Ok fucker we need to science the shit out of this somehow

Unit breakdowns bro. There has to be a way to make your runs more reliable

Rixa

It's a limitation of Drain type skills that they can't overkill. That's why you hit a rat, who has 150hp, for 150 max when using Reap Blood.

Just tested hitting the ADV Reaper with 6* Cecil using Drain Blood, it hit for 1k and I drained 300hp.

This explains why sometimes Osmose isn't doing a lot when you hit low level enemies, it actually needs the enemy to have MP. Those rats have 15 MP, btw!

Now I feel dumb!

Thanks for this :)

tariniel

I took Chiri off my Lightning for those of you that might use her for pumpking PRO. She's only 465 attack though since I replaced it with blood sword. I'm sure most of you guys are refreshing for the 500+ guys though.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to TM farming soon. My Cecil, Miyuki and Luna are all hovering around 30% (along with Kain and Shantotto). I'll definitely join the OP club once I finish those up. Actually since I'm not daily pulling I've considered spending those 200 lapis per day I'm saving on refreshes for TM farming. Or I could just continue to hoard them until a better banner... what do you guys think would be better? Right now I have just over 7k lapis. Alternatively I could add more unit slots to hoard some cactuars.

I took Chiri off my Lightning for those of you that might use her for pumpking PRO. She's only 465 attack though since I replaced it with blood sword. I'm sure most of you guys are refreshing for the 500+ guys though.

No way dude

465 is plenty as long as you dont have chiri on

Chiri equipoed is dropping the damage output significantly

Lyrian

No way dude

465 is plenty as long as you dont have chiri on

Chiri equipoed is dropping the damage output significantly

That was my main issue on the last run. Even a 500ish ATK Lightning with Chiri on will equal her doing less damage than a 300 MAG mage.

You get maybe 2-3 rounds at most to kill the Reaper at 30% life before a total wipe, depending on RNG.

I'm really looking forward to getting back to TM farming soon. My Cecil, Miyuki and Luna are all hovering around 30% (along with Kain and Shantotto). I'll definitely join the OP club once I finish those up. Actually since I'm not daily pulling I've considered spending those 200 lapis per day I'm saving on refreshes for TM farming. Or I could just continue to hoard them until a better banner... what do you guys think would be better? Right now I have just over 7k lapis.

How does one refresh the friends list?

and if you have any friends spot open I be down to be your friend :)
511 959 177

tariniel

How does one refresh the friends list?

and if you have any friends spot open I be down to be your friend :)

Close/kill and reopen the app will refresh the list from what I've heard. Also completing any other mission, so if you'd rather do that you can just go spend 1 NRG on earth shrine and check your friends list again.

Edit: Also sure I can make room to add you, edit your post with your friend code or PM it to me! If there's enough people wanting another Lightning friend I'm willing to spend some lapis for 5 more slots as well.

Edit 2: Invite sent!

That was my main issue on the last run. Even a 500ish ATK Lightning with Chiri on will equal her doing less damage than a 300 MAG mage.

You get maybe 2-3 rounds at most to kill the Reaper at 30% life before a total wipe, depending on RNG.

You get 4 rounds

Even a high damage lightining will struggle to close the gap in 4

You really need buffs and debuff to help roll things along. What max level units do you have right now?

Also if you are close to the kill and need the extra round dont be a dummy and LET a wipe happen on round 4. Have one unit toss a survivor flask towards the friend unit and give yourself one last chance to close out the kill

The flasks are cheap and wont set you back many candies but you should try to build a team that can reliable complete the fight in 4 turns

Close/kill and reopen the app will refresh the list from what I've heard. Also completing any other mission, so if you'd rather do that you can just go spend 1 NRG on earth shrine and check your friends list again.

Edit: Also sure I can make room to add you, edit your post with your friend code or PM it to me! If there's enough people wanting another Lightning friend I'm willing to spend some lapis for 5 more slots as well.

Thanks mate, post edited above

Lyrian

You get 4 rounds

Even a high damage lightining will struggle to close the gap in 4

You really need buffs and debuff to help roll things along. What max level units do you have right now?

Also if you are close to the kill and need the extra round dont be a dummy and LET a wipe happen on round 4. Have one unit toss a survivor flask towards the friend unit and give yourself one last chance to close out the kill

The flasks are cheap and wont set you back many candies but you should try to build a team that can reliable complete the fight in 4 turns

I meant once the Reaper gets to 30% life and goes into rage mode. I used up almost 20 flasks on my last wipe before the Reaper raged all over me.

5* Units at max (no 6* units):

DPS
-------
Artemios

(and that's it. Seriously. Missing **everyone**, despite playing since launch)

Mages
-------
Everyone, except Exdeath (don't have him).

Tanks
-------
WoL
Charlotte

Support
-------
All, except Bartz (missing him), pulled Agrias this week, but still at level 1.

I can handle the fight just fine until rage mode. Just don't have the DPS to kill it fast enough to get by the <30% life frenzy.

Zero-ELEC

Banned
I have a ghost friend...

I have someone on my friends list that only appears when choosing an friend's unit. They're rank 4, haven't played in a while and I never added them. That are NOT in my regular friend list but didn't seem to take space on my list? I dunno.

&#128123;

I meant once the Reaper gets to 30% life and goes into rage mode. I used up almost 20 flasks on my last wipe before the Reaper raged all over me.

5* Units at max (no 6* units):

DPS
-------
Artemios

(and that's it. Seriously. Missing **everyone**, despite playing since launch)

Mages
-------
Everyone, except Exdeath (don't have him).

Tanks
-------
WoL
Charlotte

Support
-------
All, except Bartz (missing him), pulled Agrias this week, but still at level 1.

I can handle the fight just fine until rage mode. Just don't have the DPS to kill it fast enough to get by the <30% life frenzy.

Hmmm. Is your Rydia still stuck at 4 Star?

Agrias would be VERY Useful here... Did you already burn the event Cactuars?

Any other Max 5 star units that can hit hard? Kain or Black Cat Lid?

Charlotte is your Tank. Shes not as good as Cecil but she will have to do. Get here setup with Angel Ring and Defender Bracer(i have black belt for Shining splendor counters). Mirage Vest is Very useful since she doesnt have as much HP as a 6 star Cecil. Provoke on Golem is highly recommended... I hope you have been working on your espers!

Kefka or Rydia is your Mage DPS since Hyperdrive and Meteor get you around the damn element Resist

Artemios has Demon Killer but you are stuck giving him a low damage weapon. Definitely have him with Diabolos to stack double Demon Killer... as far as weapons I think the Kitchen Knife is the best choice here since it doesnt have dark element like the Killer Bow does. Stack as much attack on him as possible

Do you have Lenna? having Cheer on is a Must. Having SOME type of Break to use to lower his physical damage (weapon break, full break, something)

So In review

Charlotte - Tank- Have her Use Provoke then Mirage after
Lenna - Cheer then just healing/support
Artemios - Not sure how boosted you can make him but give it a shot. DPS
Kefka - Hyperdrive all day

.. for the 5th slot.. use anyone that can help dish out buffs, debuffs and damage (Agrias would be amazing)

Friend Unit - Nomidors/Valentus Ramza can damn near solo the damn boss. Any Lightning with 450+ attack and no Chiri can do the trick

tuffymon

I have a ghost friend...

I have someone on my friends list that only appears when choosing an friend's unit. They're rank 4, haven't played in a while and I never added them. That are NOT in my regular friend list but didn't seem to take space on my list? I dunno.

&#128123;

Could be a you/buddy who was added through facebook?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom