• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Syntsui

Was there any event where Magicite was extremely easy to farm (Orbonne Monastery aside)? You guys keep suggesting ''Use Golem with Provoke / Use Diablos with Man-Eater / Use Ifrit with Plant-Killer) like it's easy to level up all the espers from one event to another lol. Running Phantom Forest only just doesn't cut it.

Was there any event where Magicite was extremely easy to farm (Orbonne Monastery aside)? You guys keep suggesting ''Use Golem with Provoke / Use Diablos with Man-Eater / Use Ifrit with Plant-Killer) like it's easy to level up all the espers from one event to another lol. Running Phantom Forest only just doesn't cut it.

Sorry man

Phantom Forest is THE best place for F2P players to raise espers.... Sure there is the Vortex one but that one even falls short for the Energy invested

Every alternative is just straight worse but for your sanity the Vortex is the second best source

Lyrian

Hmmm. Is your Rydia still stuck at 4 Star?

Agrias would be VERY Useful here... Did you already burn the event Cactuars?

Any other Max 5 star units that can hit hard? Kain or Black Cat Lid?

Charlotte is your Tank. Shes not as good as Cecil but she will have to do. Get here setup with Angel Ring and Defender Bracer(i have black belt for Shining splendor counters). Mirage Vest is Very useful since she doesnt have as much HP as a 6 star Cecil. Provoke on Golem is highly recommended... I hope you have been working on your espers!

Kefka or Rydia is your Mage DPS since Hyperdrive and Meteor get you around the damn element Resist

Artemios has Demon Killer but you are stuck giving him a low damage weapon. Definitely have him with Diabolos to stack double Demon Killer... as far as weapons I think the Kitchen Knife is the best choice here since it doesnt have dark element like the Killer Bow does. Stack as much attack on him as possible

Do you have Lenna? having Cheer on is a Must. Having SOME type of Break to use to lower his physical damage (weapon break, full break, something)

So In review

Charlotte - Tank- Have her Use Provoke then Mirage after
Lenna - Cheer then just healing/support
Artemios - Not sure how boosted you can make him but give it a shot. DPS
Kefka - Hyperdrive all day

.. for the 5th slot.. use anyone that can help dish out buffs, debuffs and damage (Agrias would be amazing)

Friend Unit - Nomidors/Valentus Ramza can damn near solo the damn boss. Any Lightning with 450+ attack and no Chiri can do the trick

You nailed the team I've been using all event, except I had Terra subbed for Artemios for extra fire chains. Artemios without the Killer Bow won't even break 1,000 damage. Tellah is in my 5th slot, again for fire chains and also as a secondary healer.

Did finally clear it on my latest try with someone's 500+ ATK Lightning with non-elemental weapons, but not Excalibur (not GAF). Much faster, but was still uncomfortably close for comfort. Three turns to get through rage mode, but RNGesus blessed me by not rolling both AoEs on any of the three turns (oh, the fear when after the 2nd rage mode turn, when the Reaper had a lone pixel of life left).

Yeah, I'll go back to ADV now. I'm close enough to the end of corn farming anyways to not have to worry about going through that ordeal again.

Valentus

Lyrian, watch my vídeo. Use double kefka, wol, vaan, lenna and artemios. The only diff between me and you is that you must use artemios instead kain.

Rixa

Yeah, I'll go back to ADV now. I'm close enough to the end of corn farming anyways to not have to worry about going through that ordeal again.

Cheer is not needed. If your Ifrit has Deprotect, use it if you dont have FB.
Use @Valentus Ramza BARRAGE for the victory. Obviously try to land Deprotect before using Barrage :p.

See my alt party. DKC did with Raging Fist around 2k damage to Boss. DKC had Ifrit for the Deprotect. Zidane just used Mug :D. Rosa is 75 level, Chizuru did Barrage and Golbez tried to cast Blizzaga.

IMG_0311.PNG

Lyrian

Sorry bro :(

Shame since Pro is so lucrative in both candy and rank XP

650 rank xp / 20 = 32.5 per. That's not that great. Any Olderion stage gives a better ratio (the very first stage pays 33.3 per for 6 energy. Granted, it's good candy farming for sure and the 32.5 per is definitely a nice perk while farming candy.

Only need ~50k candy to finish cleaning out the mog king. Given that there is a full week left to farm candy, that should be a rather trivial goal to reach.

Cheer is not needed. If your Ifrit has Deprotect, use it if you dont have FB.
Use @Valentus Ramza BARRAGE for the victory. Obviously try to land Deprotect before using Barrage :p.

See my alt party. DKC did with Raging Fist around 2k damage to Boss. DKC had Ifrit for the Deprotect. Zidane just used Mug :D. Rosa is 75 level, Chizuru did Barrage and Golbez tried to cast Blizzaga.

IMG_0311.PNG

Cheer is good for Defense on his soft party

Deprotect doesnt mitigate the damage thats wiping his party members

Lyrian

Lyrian, watch my vídeo. Use double kefka, wol, vaan, lenna and artemios. The only diff between me and you is that you must use artemios instead kain.

That would require me to raise a second Kefka from scratch. I could do that, but I'd rather devote the XP to getting Cecil up to speed. Still got about 110 levels left to go, and I doubt I'll get that much XP from centaurs this weekend without throwing Lapis at the dunes (which I might).

@Rixa: No DPS. I don't have anyone who can break 300 ATK and no Zidanes for dual wield. The Reaper flips the table on the event, where DPS is more effective than MAG. Too much of an achilles heel for me to overcome at the moment.

It's kinda funny, this PRO version is pretty much easier for me to run than the other one because the Pro doesn't seem to use that attack that paralyzes. On occasion it would paralyze key members and ruin a run of I wasn't paying attention. Don't need to worry about that anymore lol

For those curious I use Lightning Crushing Blow, WoL Full Break , Cecil Focus, Lenna Cheer, and Kefka Hyperdrive. I take friends lightnings for crushing blow too. I set all that up turn one and then just click the repeat button again and again.

Look my party. 0 Tanks, only some DKC that does crap shit. Key was to land Deprotect and use Ramza Barrage.

Well he already completed it once

If he wants to farm it he will need a reliable setup with multiple friend units... or just Run Valentus every 3 hours but he already said he doesnt plan on doing that anyways

Lyrian

--- Today in things no one will ever craft:

Light Curtain (Protectga **consumable**): 10 Light MEGAcrysts + an elemental tear

ROFLMAO.

Rixa

Well he already completed it once

If he wants to farm it he will need a reliable setup with multiple friend units... or just Run Valentus every 3 hours but he already said he doesnt plan on doing that anyways

Lol fuck, I missed the one clear. Nevermind then :D

SeanTSC

Valentus

That would require me to raise a second Kefka from scratch. I could do that, but I'd rather devote the XP to getting Cecil up to speed. Still got about 110 levels left to go, and I doubt I'll get that much XP from centaurs this weekend without throwing Lapis at the dunes (which I might).

@Rixa: No DPS. I don't have anyone who can break 300 ATK and no Zidanes for dual wield. The Reaper flips the table on the event, where DPS is more effective than MAG. Too much of an achilles heel for me to overcome at the moment.
The second kefka is a kefka friend D:

Have any slots left?

and I've got a 395 Mag Tellah if people are interested, I think that's my best unit to put up. My other "good"/equipped characters are BC Lid w/ Plant Killer and more materia tonight or tomorrow and 6* Cecil.

Just opened up 7 slots from very inactive people. Code is 434, 572, 945

hahah Im totally building a Black Cat Lid as well

I have two Mustadios I may rotate in the TM farm soon to snag a gun for her >:)

SeanTSC

hahah Im totally building a Black Cat Lid as well

I have two Mustadios I may rotate in the TM farm soon to snag a gun for her >:)

She's actually pretty decent! Sadly I only have 1 Spooky Aura and the 1 10% Atk on her atm. Going to go for 3 Spookys on her plus a Killer/Slayer depending on event or a 4th if none are useful. Sadly she's only at 290 Atk with my 2* level 30 Ifrit atm.

She's actually pretty decent! Sadly I only have 1 Spooky Aura and the 1 10% Atk on her atm. Going to go for 3 Spookys on her plus a Killer/Slayer depending on event or a 4th if none are useful. Sadly she's only at 290 Atk with my 2* level 30 Ifrit atm.

Yeah I might only do 2-3 auras since we have Atk +10% right around the corner anyways

Will save me some candy to throw at more 6 star mats and whatever else is on my list

Muku

Sweet, managed to take the PRO Rider with a bit of luck and GAF Lightning. Tempted fate by not saving more than just the GAF Lightning. Didn't want to waste a round trying to save everyone. Saved her though. She didn't finish it next round, so worried me. He attacked. Miss. Little bit of damage. Miss. She then finished him off. Suck it Rider!

Haven't worked on Kain yet on my main. So guess Cecil will be owner of it for now.

Edit: I'd also like to say Cecil worked for it. Finally, realizing the tank he is, he decided to step in and save some folks for once. Saved Terra and Lenna. You've earned this one for now.

Iceman829

Chamber of Crystals (multiple times) {ALL}
Festival of the Autumn Moon (Dwarves' Forge & Maranda Coast explorations) {RED & BLUE}
Lands of Plenty (Earth Shrine for lumber) {small red}
Orbonne Monastery Vaults (ADV Exploration) {ALL}

After all of those events all of my espers are 2* 39/40 and I have 128/134 green and 89/114 white crystals in reserve for when the next espers are released. I take the random crystals I get now and use them to edge the last few espers from 39 to 40.

Muku

Urgh. What sucks is I actually use Kain on my alt account but I don't have the support for the PRO. No one that can cheer. Cecil can't Focus... yet. No Full Break. (Agrias is still level 1. These events be killing me, but she is on my list to deal with once I get Cecil and Delita to cap 6*.)

Got a Cecil from the daily, my 2nd. I assume it's worth it to keep him for a second Excalibur, rather than getting the 5% extra trust?

Time to save up for cat lid materia... How many of the attack aura should I get? 3?

Got a Cecil from the daily, my 2nd. I assume it's worth it to keep him for a second Excalibur, rather than getting the 5% extra trust?

Time to save up for cat lid materia... How many of the attack aura should I get? 3?

It's going to be a long road but I'd do a second excal. I had 3 Cecils and I was tired as hell of TM'ing so I fused them all. Wish I had at least another Excal.

Unit:

Normal attack:

Reap Blood:

See above :p

That's beca-

It's a limitation of Drain type skills that they can't overkill. That's why you hit a rat, who has 150hp, for 150 max when using Reap Blood.

Just tested hitting the ADV Reaper with 6* Cecil using Drain Blood, it hit for 1k and I drained 300hp.

This explains why sometimes Osmose isn't doing a lot when you hit low level enemies, it actually needs the enemy to have MP. Those rats have 15 MP, btw!

Yeah this. I've been making great use of it to work through the Colosseum battles by using cheer, full break and then just dark cannoning this shit out of everything and reaping occasionally to not get an unfortunate death. He's also making hilariously short work of the new island's content.

Now I feel dumb!

Thanks for this :)

S'alright! It happens. I don't like measuring newer, stronger stuff against weaker stuff anyway because it ruins my objectivity of how good something might be.

Rixa

Yeah this. I've been making great use of it to work through the Colosseum battles by using cheer, full break and then just dark cannoning this shit out of everything and reaping occasionally to not get an unfortunate death. He's also making hilariously short work of the new island's content.

S'alright! It happens. I don't like measuring newer, stronger stuff against weaker stuff anyway because it ruins my objectivity of how good something might be.

Yup. My alt is blasting INT Colo just using Dark Cannon, but now that I have the Scythe it will make stuff even more easier :D

Malakhov

Banned
Urgh. What sucks is I actually use Kain on my alt account but I don't have the support for the PRO. No one that can cheer. Cecil can't Focus... yet. No Full Break. (Agrias is still level 1. These events be killing me, but she is on my list to deal with once I get Cecil and Delita to cap 6*.)
I'd level Agrias first, a full break will give you more benefits over having a 6* Cecil and delita over a 5* Cecil and delita but that's just me :)

Xion86

You know what pisses me off

I couldn't put my finger on it...

THE SPRITE FOR THE PUMPKIN KING IS SO GOD DAMN LOW RES

DMHBS,HJFGJF,JSDK.

That's the very first thing I noticed when I first fought him! Found it quite annoying :p.

I'm focusing on candies still...nearly got everything worth getting, even the Moogles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom