• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xion86

I've been playing it on PS4....ITS AMAZBALLS

I had it ordered on PS4 first, then cancelled after playing the demo as it felt like it was a good handheld title (although it looked far worse on the Vita). I'll see how it goes. By the way, add me on PSN! :D (Xionn).

Anyway, back on topic now. So far got both Trust Moogles, Creepy Mask, Candy Basket, Kitchen Knife, All Mini Burst Pots, All a Rare Summon Tickets, All Cactuars, All Star Quartz, All Elixers, Sacred Crystals, Phoenix Downs, Turbo Ethers, X Potions and Tents and a load of Awakening materials..:|

Spooky Aura next.

EDarkness

WHY CANNOT THE CLOUD OF DARKNESS, THE LITERAL PHYSICAL EMBODIMENT OF EVIL, EQUIP A SCYTHE?!!? A MACE YES, A TOOL OF EVIL, NO.agagahshsuwuehsh

I think the more important question is... WHY THE HELL CAN CLOUD OF DARKNESS ONLY USE A DAMN MACE OR A CHAKRAM? WHO THE HELL THOUGHT OF THAT SHIT!!! *ahem*

I would love to give CoD this scythe, but alas....

Syntsui

And why wait if it is incredibly easy to do right now? With the way they are buffing encounters who knows how easy future events will be.
Did you quote the wrong person or what?

It's a good strategy to get as much as possible now considering the event is ridiculously easy. You know better than anyone that the next ones will only get tougher.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
All I say is based on YouTube videos of people taking considerable amount of time beat the FF events with Orlandu/Luneth/Tillith on their party.

Right now we beat pretty much anything in 1-3 turns with Lightning friends alone.

I think you're misunderstanding.

Why collect the mats now when collecting 6* mats will only get easier as they go along. The events get harder, but the ways to get 6* mats increase. Basically, they get easier to acquire even if the event is harder. This has been what most JPN players seem to be saying. Hence why I'm wondering(I will assume you're not playing JPN) where you're getting your info from when advising people.

Syntsui

Basically, they get easier to acquire even if the event is harder.

What exactly do you mean with this? If the events get harder, and they will get harder, how exactly we will get the mats easier? What are the other ways to get them?

As I said, I only base what I say on the YouTube videos of the future events, they take much better units than the ones necessary at the moment. That's why I think it's better to stock right now because that might not be possible in the future for everyone.

What's a cloud of darkness doing equpping weapons at all, it's a cloud, it should just have strong multi hit dark powered barehanded attacks. Then give it something to change the element so it won't be useless against certain enemies.

So I tried a couple of times to complete Pro pumpkin with ~450 atk lightning friends, but I usually get team wiped around 10%-15% life left.

Can I friend any of you guys out there with your decked out characters so I can get the scythe?

My ID is 378,039,477.

I appreciate any of you that can lend a friend spot for this event!

What's a cloud of darkness doing equpping weapons at all, it's a cloud, it should just have strong multi hit dark powered barehanded attacks. Then give it something to change the element so it won't be useless against certain enemies.

I mean doesn't she just shoot lasers as a normal attack anyway lol

So I tried a couple of times to complete Pro pumpkin with ~450 atk lightning friends, but I usually get team wiped around 10%-15% life left.

Can I friend any of you guys out there with your decked out characters so I can get the scythe?

My ID is 378,039,477.

I appreciate any of you that can lend a friend spot for this event!

Sent. Per Gaf customs, please change your in game message to contain something that states you're from round these parts.

Lyrian

After this frustrating morning's ordeal, I was in need of inspiration.

Fortunately, my answer was right in front of me the entire time.

pIuOMCD.png

I knew something was wrong today! A little adjustment went a long way!

Shouta

It's a good strategy to get as much as possible now considering the event is ridiculously easy. You know better than anyone that the next ones will only get tougher.

Not really? Some are easier than others, some are little tougher than others. Most are designed to be approached by a ton of folks. Current FFXI raid has a setting that's a bit of a toughie but the 2nd highest tier one is a total pushover, lol.

Acerac

Banned
Crushed the Pumpking with Zera's help. Cheers, I couldn't have done it without you.

These last 2 events have been great for getting my nub ass caught up. Tons of burst pots for my baby cecil, a team full of decent 5 stars, and a bunch of units that'll be hitting 6 stars soon. With my TM macro going nightly I feel it's just a matter of time where I can clear content without being carried so pitifully as I have been.

Grabbed all the tickets and the mask, nearly have enough for the basket. After the basket, what do you guys think is more worthwhile between SQ and LB pots for Cecil? It's tempting to go for the pots because the sooner I level him LB, the sooner I can awaken him towards being a beastly tank.

Crushed the Pumpking with Zera's help. Cheers, I couldn't have done it without you.

These last 2 events have been great for getting my nub ass caught up. Tons of burst pots for my baby cecil, a team full of decent 5 stars, and a bunch of units that'll be hitting 6 stars soon. With my TM macro going nightly I feel it's just a matter of time where I can clear content without being carried so pitifully as I have been.

Awesome man! Glad to help.

EDarkness

I mean doesn't she just shoot lasers as a normal attack anyway lol

That's a good point. They should have allowed her to use phasers...settings: Stun, Kill.

I have to throw a shoutout to Valentus and Zera. Your characters rock pretty hard. I'll be there one day...one day! Oh and whoever has the cool DKC (can't remember who that is right now)...that dude is no slouch, either. Good times. :D

Lyrian

Grudgingly took two more runs on the Pumpking, and cleared it twice.

Once, with ease, using someone's Ramza (optimally physical-based equipped). The second time, barely won using Rixa's 500+ MAG Kefka.

The difference between the two is just monumental.

I got very lucky on Rixa's run when it entered Rage Mode and gained a better understanding of why wipes happen so much under 30%.

-- The physical AoE it uses (Swipe) is a team wide Full Break. That sets it up for the magic AoE to finish everyone off. I was very, very lucky that the magic AoE didn't come that turn. For sure, I would have wiped on the next turn, with everyone's defenses full broken.

So, moving forward, I'm only tackling the king with a 6* capable friend, who is dual wielding, has barrage, and has Excalibur equipped (and not Chiri). Outside of that, complete NOPE.

Valentus

5 more slots open of ramzapallooza

Please posts your ids here, Will not add silent people that dont participate in the community

Acerac

Banned
5 more slots open of ramzapallooza

Please posts your ids here, Will not add silent people that dont participate in the community

I'd not turn you down if you're offering: 487,561,477

I've been spamming a bit in this thread lately, sooner or later I'll have something insightful to add. ;)

Whales

Banned
cumulating lapis is so hard... not only you have to resist doing daily pulls... but then

*items limit reached*
"alright, gonna add 50 slots this should be good for awhi-
*materials limit reached*
"ugh okay, 50 slots here to-
*equipement limit reached*

"kill me"

just noticed, thanks buddy

EDarkness

cumulating lapis is so hard... not only you have to resist doing daily pulls... but then

*items limit reached*

"kill me"

Man, this drives me insane. I'm about to hit the equipment limit. I keep meaning to throw stuff out, but I get stuck on what to actually get rid of so I end up just buying more slots. Since we've gotten 6* mats I've spent quite a bit of lapis on adding more material slots. I figure there has to be an end somewhere...right? Right?

*items limit reached*

"kill me"

It is hard but I'm constantly reselling materials that I know I will not need. Equipment creeps up on you but try to get ride or very low atk or def gear.

I've barely upgraded my equipment or materials, they aint gettin my lapis

all these gigantuars did force me to bump up the units though...........

Valentus

Adding you two, if that's coo'. I'm slowly trying to get active in here. :)
Firehead 138,235,810

Added, welcome here buddy, most of our units are self sufficent, So use them alñ you want to get all the great gear easy and quick

I'd not turn you down if you're offering: 487,561,477

I've been spamming a bit in this thread lately, sooner or later I'll have something insightful to add. ;)

Added you Too buddy

Lyrian

Man, this drives me insane. I'm about to hit the equipment limit. I keep meaning to throw stuff out, but I get stuck on what to actually get rid of so I end up just buying more slots. Since we've gotten 6* mats I've spent quite a bit of lapis on adding more material slots. I figure there has to be an end somewhere...right? Right?

Yup. When you hit max inventory space purchasable.

Then...

Next patch notes:

-- Maximum inventory count for players increased!

And the cycle begins anew...

Valentus your ramza is ridiculous. Makes short work of the pumpkin king.

Glad everyone is able to do this event (with some friend help). It definitely is easier than the last one. Like some else said I feel that these last couple events have been really helpful in finally gearing some characters out. Was stuck on ADV S1 until I got 6* Cecil... Now I'm working my way up to the S3 boss. Crazy how much of a difference some new gear and a new tank can make!

Valentus

Valentus your ramza is ridiculous. Makes short work of the pumpkin king.

Glad everyone is able to do this event (with some friend help). It definitely is easier than the last one. Like some else said I feel that these last couple events have been really helpful in finally gearing some characters out. Was stuck on ADV S1 until I got 6* Cecil... Now I'm working my way up to the S3 boss. Crazy how much of a difference some new gear and a new tank can make!

Glad you cam get the scythe. ExviusGAF must get all the prizes

Azuran

Banned
I love all my Lightning (and that one Ramza) friends so much. I manage to get the 70k Moogle with plenty of time to spare. Now I just need the last set of tickets and quartz I'll be set for good.

across

I just finished TM'ing my Zidane and I'm faced with paralysis regarding which unit to slot into his place for TM farming. My only (current) 6* is Ramza; Valentus' crazy Barrage-using 600 attack one fills me with envy, but I'm not sure if trying to TM Barrage at this stage of the game would be worth the time.

Second Excalibur, second Dualcast, third Mag+30%, Brave Suit, Black Hood, Bracer, Save The Queen, Kaiser Knuckles, Lordly Robe, Romandan Pistol...?

Sometimes I think I'd be better served sinking daily pull lapis into energy refreshes for TMs...

chrono01

Zera - Thanks to your Lightning, I cleared the new Pumpkin King boss. d(^_^)v

Also, thanks to everyone else on my Friend List with their super awesome, incredible Lightning, that enables me to continually farm said Pumpkin King boss. I need that candy.

You guys are amazing.

I grabbed both of the ability rewards, as well as the first Trust Moogle. Close to the second Trust Moogle now (already have the tickets, quartz, and the gear). After that, I'll just grab the LB pots probably, since leveling LB is mind-numbingly boring. Or maybe I'll grab 6* awakening materials, I haven't decided. Probably the latter, though.

Valentus

I just finished TM'ing my Zidane and I'm faced with paralysis regarding which unit to slot into his place for TM farming. My only (current) 6* is Ramza; Valentus' crazy Barrage-using 600 attack one fills me with envy, but I'm not sure if trying to TM Barrage at this stage of the game would be worth the time.

Second Excalibur, second Dualcast, third Mag+30%, Brave Suit, Black Hood, Bracer, Save The Queen, Kaiser Knuckles, Lordly Robe, Romandan Pistol...?

Sometimes I think I'd be better served sinking daily pull lapis into energy refreshes for TMs...

That depends which character you want to powercreep first.

As i can see, you already have 2 mag+30 and a dualcast.

So you can build a powerful mage, So i reccomend go for the lordly robe and the third mag+30

CCIE

Banned
Another long day of work... Not sure I will be able to do anything but dailies on my ALT account once again. I'm finding less and less time for it, and may have to drop it all together soon if my workload continues. OTOH, that "promotion" I told you about to team lead? It actually did come with a pretty nice raise - I found out today. A real promotion instead of a paper one.

So less time for fun, but more money and my career is taking off. Not sure which I prefer ;) Hubby has been great with his support as I'm having to work longer hours this week, and I have had to conduct almost two dozen interviews to find a new engineer for the team. This on top of travel, and client meetings. I farm the game on my breaks between interviews - priorities ;) Hopefully it slows down some next week, and I can farm this event properly

If I have some successful pulls on the PRI in the next month, I will probably drop the original account... I just don't think I can give up the second one with Lightning.

Another long day of work... Not sure I will be able to do anything but dailies on my ALT account once again. I'm finding less and less time for it, and may have to drop it all together soon if my workload continues. OTOH, that "promotion" I told you about to team lead? It actually did come with a pretty nice raise - I found out today. A real promotion instead of a paper one.

So less time for fun, but more money and my career is taking off. Not sure which I prefer ;) Hubby has been great with his support as I'm having to work longer hours this week, and I have had to conduct almost two dozen interviews to find a new engineer for the team. This on top of travel, and client meetings. I farm the game on my breaks between interviews - priorities ;) Hopefully it slows down some next week, and I can farm this event properly

If I have some successful pulls on the PRI in the next month, I will probably drop the original account... I just don't think I can give up the second one with Lightning.

Ok now we can give you all the grats! So happy for you!

And grats on the clear of the content Chrono.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom