• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Yes exactly. Love having the extra time both to figure out the strat to beat the banner but also to catch up on side projects like TM'ing.

Aside: VERY excited for the esper crystals vortex on this one. Def. will help a lot of us catch up a bit.

Reddit just came out with a macro to use your lapis to essentially turbo through a TM. Supposedly it goes from 0%-100% in 4 days, using a ton of lapis for refreshes.

I'm interested in it, but with this banner coming out in a few days, no way am I throwing lapis at it until I do some pulls.

robotuw

The new units seem great! Anyone else not really digging their sprites though? Luneth looks surprisingly plain, and Refia looks like a little boy with that dumb hat.

It's going to be tough saving my tickets for two weeks and only doing dailies until then, also I really wish I could have pulled a CoD back then.

Azuran

Banned
I'm going all in in this banner. I expect to have at least 3 Luneth and 6 or so Refia by the time I'm all done. No point in dreaming small!

Lyrian

How the hell can people not have Cod, they threw that shit at us during the players choice.

Sorry Lyrian ; ;

Bad RNG happens :/

Don't remind CCIE :/

I don't have a CoD either, or a full break unit and I've been playing since the soft launch started :(. Burned everything I had trying to get an Agrias because the lack of full break hurts a lot.

At least one of the 3* base units in this banner (Ingus) will have Full Break on it. We've power creeped this far already...

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Chamber of Crystals makes sense if you dont have the time to commit to Phantom forest runs

Otherwise do Phantom forest

Reddit just came out with a macro to use your lapis to essentially turbo through a TM. Supposedly it goes from 0%-100% in 4 days, using a ton of lapis for refreshes.

I'm interested in it, but with this banner coming out in a few days, no way am I throwing lapis at it until I do some pulls.

Oh yeah there is no way I'm using lapis to level espers. ... just gotta find time to do it in between TM'ing and Banner'ing ...

Lyrian

So, 14 day banner, and I've got enough tickets for a daily + ticket on the banner every day.

Refia is the only 4* base, suggesting a 5% draw rate.

So... 1 - (0.95)^28 = 76.2% chance of drawing Refia with resorting to an 11 pull.

Ok, I can handle 3 in 4 odds.

/chuckles nervously

The thing about PF runs that I'm never sure about -- just the three drops, right?

Yup. Just the three.

I usually use the PF for my daily 2 explorations and typically come away with 5-8 shards, 3-5 magicites, and 3-4 megacites. It's a gold mine in that sense, because the magicites are all green, which are equally effective on any of the espers.

I though you wanted him because you didn't have Lightning?

Nope I want Lightning. I never played FF3 so I don't even know who any of these people are outside of Refia because of World of FF. I want her because she is the best healer in my opinion. If I get Lunneth I won't be mad but I'm not wasting Lapis trying to get him. Tidus/Orlandu/Light...and Refia that's it that is who gets my Lapis! Who the unit is means more to me than ability unless they are far and away better than everyone else...ala Refia.

Nope I want Lightning. I never played FF3 so I don't even know who any of these people are outside of Refia because of World of FF. I want her because she is the best healer in my opinion. If I get Lunneth I won't be mad but I'm not wasting Lapis trying to get him. Tidus/Orlandu/Light...and Refia that's it that is who gets my Lapis! Who the unit is means more to me than ability unless they are far and away better than everyone else...ala Refia.

So what you're saying is that you...like...Lightning?

I do! She gets too much hate in my opinion. The 13 series was pretty bad overall but Lightning was the only character I didn't want to murder....well Noel was okay.

I dont "Hate" Lightning honestly

I just hate the game, the script, the mechanics

She could have been an amazing character to build a game around

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
I want Luneth because unless I magicaly pull a Zidane I have no access to dual weild units outside of friend summons

Same here - pulled +30 times during the Zidane banner and didnt get him.

But the chances are quite slim with only 14 daily pulls lol.

SeanTSC

I do! She gets too much hate in my opinion. The 13 series was pretty bad overall but Lightning was the only character I didn't want to murder....well Noel was okay.

I hate her, but it's more hate based on the developer's obsession with her and what it did to the Final Fantasy series during the last generation.

Also Lightning Returns is absolute gutter trash garbage.

She didn't have a character, she had a mood. She was billed as an anti hero of sorts and the abomination of a script that Toriyama wrote turned her into a walking avocado.

Worst story and best gameplay in the series

Ill pass

Dont have time to slog through 3 games of shitty storytelling again

Japan has been dropping the ball in the story department man...

She didn't have a character, she had a mood. She was billed as an anti hero of sorts and the abomination of a script that Toriyama wrote turned her into a walking avocado.

Agreed... Script was just.... Terrible.. I feel bad for the voice actors..

Valentus

What is this nonsense??????

Lightning is amazing!
she sucks
she is the best tsundere
she sucks hard
and she is the best waifu!
She sucks really hard

So by some 1 in a million chance I pull luneth on banner should I be giving him barrage or dkc? If I happen to get refia and my dual wield comes in soon for dkc feel like he'll be dying a lot with dark aoe attacks.

kaitain19

Question: Is saving 5000 lapis actually worth it, or is it better to just go for the daily 250 lapis summon if I want to try getting a 5+ star unit like Lightning? Or should I just wait until there's an appropriate event banner in the future?

Kouriozan

So by some 1 in a million chance I pull luneth on banner should I be giving him barrage or dkc? If I happen to get refia and my dual wield comes in soon for dkc feel like he'll be dying a lot with dark aoe attacks.
Luneth gets a better skill than barrage : 250% + ignore 25% defense (= 333,33% attack)
So barrage would be better on DKCecil.

Question: Is saving 5000 lapis actually worth it, or is it better to just go for the daily 250 lapis summon if I want to try getting a 5+ star unit like Lightning? Or should I just wait until there's an appropriate event banner in the future?

Can be.....

Its tough. RNG baby. You get more pulls over time with Dailies but.. you dont get a guaranteed yellow

Plus I think 11 pulls are more likely to get good units on banner overall... but one bad 11 pull can ruin your day

Its a two week banner so Dailies might be the way to go cuz if you somehow get super lucky and get your desired units early on you just saved a bunch of lapis

So I would love to pull an 11 pull, but then I look at my "lapis gap" of 2400, and realize that I'm only $20 away...

And then I remind myself that those 2600 lapis took me weeks and colosseum wins to get and the 100 lapis gravy train is over...

When do challenges get here? I feel like even at the same time in puzzle and dragon and FFRK I was getting more currency than in this game. Comparing them nowadays would of course be lobsided, but i feel like even back then I had more F2P ways to get currency.

Acerac

Banned
Fucking hell, pulled normally instead of my half price pull for my first of the day... resulting in my first Tellah! What a wonderful fuckup.

Given how I had already wasted my 500 lapiz I said fuck it and went for my half price.... first rainbow crystal ever.... Demon Rain! I now curse the fates that I didn't farm up his +attack materia, I don't have a chance in hell now. Still, he seems strong enough to be worth pushing through for my nub ass.

*Edit*

Apparently he's a tank/support, should I get a 4 stack of tank materia for him? Got plenty of candy for that.

tariniel

Think I might whale this banner if I don't get good stuff with what I have saved up.

Is it worth going through the trouble of downloading the Amazon Marketplace version of this game to get a discount on the lapis? I use MEmu and iOS only and don't actually own an Android device of my own so if MEmu ends up broken and I have leftover lapis I might lose them or something.

I primarily play on iOS and I don't know of any way to get a discount there unless iTunes cards go on sale. I'm thinking about buying the $100 lapis bundle or maybe the $75 halloween bundle even though I don't really need candies at all anymore.

Razmos

Fucking hell, pulled normally instead of my half price pull for my first of the day... resulting in my first Tellah! What a wonderful fuckup.

Given how I had already wasted my 500 lapiz I said fuck in and went for my half price.... first rainbow crystal ever.... Demon Rain! I now curse the fates that I didn't farm up his +attack materia, I don't have a chance in hell now. Still, he seems strong enough to be worth pushing through for my nub ass.
Wow congrats man, shame you can't get any of his materia.

Given how I had already wasted my 500 lapiz I said fuck in and went for my half price.... first rainbow crystal ever.... Demon Rain! I now curse the fates that I didn't farm up his +attack materia, I don't have a chance in hell now. Still, he seems strong enough to be worth pushing through for my nub ass.

*Edit*

Apparently he's a tank/support, should I get a 4 stack of tank materia for him? Got plenty of candy for that.

It's not too late, you can possibly snag two of the attack up materias before the day is over but you may need to do refills. I'd gather more opinions to see if it's worth it from others here. The most important factor is what other units do you own. He's not really a dps'er and there are better tanks in Cecil and Charlotte. He doesn't have any native atk % up that would stack with his exclusive materia so he can't really be used as a great dps. Don't be impulsive, think it through and really see if it's worth it. Don't be like me lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom