• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acerac

Banned
It's not too late, you can possibly snag two of the attack up materias before the day is over but you may need to do refills. I'd gather more opinions to see if it's worth it from others here. The most important factor is what other units do you own. Don't be impulsive, think it through and really see if it's worth it. Don't be like me lol.

My current attacker situation is currently extremely limited but I have decent attackers coming in down the line in Firion and Garland. My current highest rank Cecil is 4 stars since I was sitting and waiting to farm LBs with him anyways so I guess Rain can at least do the job he was meant for in the meantime and tank.
I personally wouldnt do much with Demon Rain outside of grind his TM

I dunno... he could be a great counter tank i guess

His buff seems quite good. I don't think many other units have attack/magic up in one cast yet?

Also, consider I'm a yet unestablished player.

My current attacker situation is currently extremely limited but I have decent attackers coming in down the line in Firion and Garland. My current highest rank Cecil is 4 stars since I was sitting and waiting to farm LBs with him anyways so I guess Rain can at least do the job he was meant for in the meantime and tank.

His buff seems quite good. I don't think many other units have attack/magic up in one cast yet?

Also, consider I'm a yet unestablished player.

Build him up!

I love experimental builds and Demon Rain has potential. Show us what you can do with him. You might be the only person on this board to pull him

I ended up with a Troll Gold crystal Anzelm.....

Razmos

It's not too late, you can possibly snag two of the attack up materias before the day is over but you may need to do refills. I'd gather more opinions to see if it's worth it from others here. The most important factor is what other units do you own. He's not really a dps'er and there are better tanks in Cecil and Charlotte. He doesn't have any native atk % up that would stack with his exclusive materia so he can't really be used as a great dps. Don't be impulsive, think it through and really see if it's worth it. Don't be like me lol.
Eh, mine will have about 430-440 attack with Enhancer, Dark Helm, 2 Hyper Wrists and 3 of the Halloween Materia. That's pretty damn good, and he costs less materials to get to 6* than others

Acerac

Banned
Build him up!

I love experimental builds and Demon Rain has potential. Show us what you can do with him. You might be the only person on this board to pull him

I ended up with a Troll Gold crystal Anzelm.....
So I guess the question remains, do I stack what offense I can get for this character meant to be a supporty tank? I get that he's a counter tank but it feels horribly unintuitive to do. Perhaps I can afford 2 +att and 2 +health, 4 +attack auras are very far away yet and at my low level I'm not comfortable spending tons of lapiz to try and optimize a character that probably won't be any better than the Cecil I have cooking.
Eh, mine will have about 430-440 attack with Enhancer, Dark Helm, 2 Hyper Wrists and 3 of the Halloween Materia. That's pretty damn good, and he costs less materials to get to 6* than others

That'd be a good chunk more than the Kain I have carrying my team now and everything seems reasonable to acquire.

Ooh, and his trust seems really good.

KeRaSh

Pretty excited about the next banner because it's actually the first one I'm willing to go all in for and this time I actually have decent resources to do so.
Sitting on 7.5k Lapis and 20-30 tickets.
I feel like Luneth will be impossible to pull since I wasted all my luck on getting Ramza from a daily (I think even off banner...) but you never know!

Inb4 10 Lanis and a Shadow.

So I guess the question remains, do I stack what offense I can get for this character meant to be a supporty tank? I get that he's a counter tank but it feels horribly unintuitive to do. Perhaps I can afford 2 +att and 2 +health, 4 +attack auras are very far away yet and at my low level I'm not comfortable spending tons of lapiz to try and optimize a character that probably won't be any better than the Cecil I have cooking.

That'd be a good chunk more than the Kain I have carrying my team now and everything seems reasonable to acquire.

Ooh, and his trust seems really good.

If you have a Cecil it makes more sense to build him as an attacker honestly

His attack Stat kind of says as much. He gets support chops for his tank centric abilities but he leans more towards offense

Rixa

Fucking hell, pulled normally instead of my half price pull for my first of the day... resulting in my first Tellah! What a wonderful fuckup.

Given how I had already wasted my 500 lapiz I said fuck it and went for my half price.... first rainbow crystal ever.... Demon Rain!

It's not too late, you can possibly snag two of the attack up materias before the day is over but you may need to do refills

I personally wouldnt do much with Demon Rain outside of grind his TM

I dunno... he could be a great counter tank i guess

My victorian calendar shows its 2.11.2016. So you have 1½ days time to grind those mats before event is over:

Screenshot_20161102-202750.png

Event ends to 6 hour maintenance.

Regarding Demon Rain

Some redditors had some cool build ideas for him

One involving Lightning's TM which is funny... cuz if you have lightning... are you gonna use demon rain?

Still the idea of giving her TM some life by slapping it on a unit with a lot of power and a high counter rate is compelling

Regarding Demon Rain

One involving Lightning's TM which is funny... cuz if you have lightning... are you gonna use demon rain?

Still the idea of giving her TM some life by slapping it on a unit with a lot of power and a high counter rate is compelling

Her TM bothers me.

A lot.

Acerac

Banned
If you have a Cecil it makes more sense to build him as an attacker honestly

His attack Stat kind of says as much. He gets support chops for his tank centric abilities but he leans more towards offense

So what, 2 13% attack, 2 10% attack buffs when they release in a month? Sure he'll be less than optimal but not to a point where I'd be too worried about it.

Hell, I'd prefer to get a dual hand materia for him but I've not seen a Bartz yet.
My victorian calendar shows its 2.11.2016. So you have 1½ days time to grind those mats before event is over:

http://rixan.kuvat.fi/kuvat/Sekalaista/FFBE/Help/Screenshot_20161102-202750.png?img=smaller[IMG]

Event ends to 6 hour maintenance.[/QUOTE]
The goal is to waste less than a dozen energy between now and then.

I'd try to shoot for less, but I do need some sleep, and my max is still rather low.

So what, 2 13% attack, 2 10% attack buffs when they release in a month? Sure he'll be less than optimal but not to a point where I'd be too worried about it.

Hell, I'd prefer to get a dual hand materia for him but I've not seen a Bartz yet.

The goal is to waste less than a dozen energy between now and then.

I'd try to shoot for less, but I do need some sleep, and my max is still rather low.

Yeah

shooting for more then 2 auras at this point seems wasteful

Rootbeer

Banned
Regarding Demon Rain

Not when I already have Cecil... maybe there are some niche team builds for very specific scenarios where it might happen but I don't mind that I didn't pull any of the 6* Halloween units. None of them really compliment the team I'm working on as well as the FF3 units coming up. They are great for collectors though, that's for sure.

Daezuel

Just started this last week, rerolled until I got a Lightning. Rest of my party is trash outside of BCL.

Would like some help leveling her if possible. (currently farming Rider INT with a couple friends Lightnings/Cecils equipped with their Jeweled Rings so thats the kind of help I probably need)

Friend me pals!

Thanks!

Muku

So yeah.. seeing FFIII... WOOT! CoD gets her upgrade this week!!! So happy! Had to take Garland out recently as he's easily falling by the wayside. It's okay because it's allowed me to level up Cecil during this evening. Tanking like a champ he is, I'm so glad to have pulled him during his banner. Got him to 96 this morning, so hoping he'll do pretty well with this upcoming event. Also glad a mace will be available for CoD since mine is using a shit one right now. And she's really my only melee damage right now since Garland has been benched for now.

Wish I had cactaur for it, but it's okay. Managed to get my Cecil up to snuff with all of them so I cannot complain one bit.

Waiting for this train wreck of a Friday. My pulls will be shit, but I hope for the best. Not even going to be doing dailies until FFIII starts for both accounts. I was just going to hold off on main, but decided today it was best to hold off on alt account too to build up some of that lapis. Maybe wait for a bit pull along with half dailies.

Hoping for a yellow crystal that isn't a troll... good luck. :/ And 5* base? Yeah, I'm never seeing them. I can't even remember last time I've seen a rainbow on my main account.

Edit: Also, for the love of god I hope I can get a FB from this event because not having it sucks so much I cannot describe it. FOR THE LOVE OF ORLANDU I NEED A FULL BREAK!

Ugggggg! I just wasted 15 of the 30 Mini-Burst Pots on my 6* Cecil
(he still isn't even at lvl 2 yet >_>)
instead of my 3* Cecil.

leehom

Anyone know how many LB pots are needed to max out Cecil from 3* to 6*? I'm currently holding 45 pots in anticipation of the day I will finally pull him....which might be never.

Anyone know how many LB pots are needed to max out Cecil from 3* to 6*? I'm currently holding 45 pots in anticipation of the day I will finally pull him....which might be never.
From what I've read, ~40k LB EXP is needed to take Cecil from 1/25 to 25/25, going to the max at each rank before going to the next * (10/10 3*, 15/15 4*, 20/20 5*, 25/25 6*). We will get better pots eventually, but the current ones give 100 EXP each. Therefore, it would take 400 of them to max out a 3* base character's LB without any actual LB use / grinding.

tariniel

That feel when you go from having 3 #1 ranked units to having none. Feelsbatman.

Well I technically have Cecil I've just been trying to LB farm him before awakening and so far WoL has been doing good enough for me.

Since we're talking about Cecil LB, does anyone else feel like he gets LB at a slower rate than just about everyone else? It's really annoying. Mine is at 4* and LB level 12.

Acerac

Banned
Yep, that's the FF 3 banner alright.

http://i.imgur.com/I2GMtJ5.png?1[IMG][/QUOTE]

So as a relatively new player going all in on this event sounds incredibly worthwhile. I have 17 tickets and 6250 lapiz, I should probably at least burn the tickets.

Rootbeer

Banned
So as a relatively new player going all in on this event sounds incredibly worthwhile. I have 17 tickets and 6250 lapiz, I should probably at least burn the tickets.

i have 13 tickets and enough lapis for an 11 pull (with quite a bit left over.)

I'm burning it all. If you have nice luck on this banner you're gonna be set for a while. Plus you'd have a nice matching team. :)

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
That hammer with Black Cat Lid basically solves everything...

I should probably start to grind out a rising star for CoD.

KeRaSh

Everyone is talking about healers and I'm just sitting here using Cecil as mine with Ramza as a backup. Hell, even Tellah can throw a Cura if shit hits the fan but I feel like having a dedicated healer would be a wasted spot as of right now. Cecil is my dedicated Focus bitch for ExDeath and Tellah but after that he's basically throwing around cures. Not sure I could even fit in Refia. My weakest link right now is Leo but I'd rather replace him with a strong physical DPS unit.

SeanTSC

Everyone is talking about healers and I'm just sitting here using Cecil as mine with Ramza as a backup. Hell, even Tellah can throw a Cura if shit hits the fan but I feel like having a dedicated healer would be a wasted spot as of right now. Cecil is my dedicated Focus bitch for ExDeath and Tellah but after that he's basically throwing around cures. Not sure I could even fit in Refia. My weakest link right now is Leo but I'd rather replace him with a strong physical DPS unit.

For me, Refia is great for her 5 turn 45% Atk/Def buff. She's also going to be equipped with Bio Blaster like my Lenna is so she can throw out damage when she's not healing/buffing/curing. Bio Blaster is super useful on healers, imo.

Valentus

Seeing the skills of the bosses (im not gonna count the Dragons because theres no way in fuck i Will.defeat them with a 5 star party)

The mayority of bosses are hard Magic dealers. So i think Celes is a secure number in your party.

None of this bosses has elemental weakness or strenghts, So using a physical party should be ok.

Im thinking something like this:

Celes
Chizuru
Kain
Wol
Lenna
Chizuru fríend

Now if you want to use all it out:

Celes
Cloud of darkness
Ramza/dkc/delita
Refia/lenna
Wol/ingus
Lightning/ramza friend

Are a winner combo.

CCIE

Banned
Well, I have a TON of lapis (almost 20K), and more than two dozen tickets saved up. Will possibly pull every day on this banner, seeing how things go.

I don't want any of the units, or at least I am trying to convince myself of that. Bad RNG and all...

Refia, Arc, and Rydia are my targets here. Luneth would be a nice surprise.

Celegus

14k lapis and 46 tickets ready to gooooo! Probably gonna do daily summon and one ticket everyday until the last day if I need to do a hail mary 10+1 (never did one before). Even if I pull someone good early, I doubt I'd be able to level them up in time to use them for the event. Hopefully I can knock out one of my CoDs to 100 quicklyish.

CCIE

Banned
I don't even have five physical units that can run this dungeon. Only Cecil, Celes, Lightning, Locke, Agrias, Garnet, and 2x ExDeath to work with.

Who should I run with?

SeanTSC

Seeing the skills of the bosses (im not gonna count the Dragons because theres no way in fuck i Will.defeat them with a 5 star party)

The mayority of bosses are hard Magic dealers. So i think Celes is a secure number in your party.

None of this bosses has elemental weakness or strenghts, So using a physical party should be ok.

Im thinking something like this:

Celes
Chizuru
Kain
Wol
Lenna
Chizuru fríend

Now if you want to use all it out:

Celes
Cloud of darkness
Ramza/dkc/delita
Refia/lenna
Wol/ingus
Lightning/ramza friend

Are a winner combo.

Hrm, I was planning on running Cecil, CoD, Lenna/Refia, Agrias, and BC Lid. Maybe I'll swap Lid for Celes.

CCIE

Banned
It could be worse, Chilly. I have a CoD that isn't going to have the levels to awaken to 6* by Friday. I leveled my second ExDeath and Cecil instead. L100 Cecil is amazing, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom