• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kouriozan

So with the FF 3 banner so soon, I gave up on getting dual cast before I have Refia.

dPN0lLLl.jpg

Still hoarding my 5 moogles, at least she'll get a shiny new staff.

Valentus

Yeah, alim really needs to fix the hybrid damage because not matter what config you have in equip, hybrid damage Will.always be much lower than pure atk or pure mag

across

Ingus's TM seems of dubious value to anyone but a MAG-focused Ramza, really. But as someone attempting to run just that unit, I'll happily put it on him, working under the assumption I pull 10 of him trying for Refia...

On a different note, though it's nice that they're giving us the FF3 banner, I feel like they've really diminished the FF13 banner by releasing 3 and 4 prior.

Sazh's draw was as a easily-obtained Full Breaker... but we're all likely to pick up at least one Ingus trying for the high value units on this banner.

Vanille is a source of Cheer and Focus... but we're going to be trying (and getting! Let's positive thinking!) to pull Refia and many nabbed a Cecil during the FF4 banner.

Hope has kind of a niche in the right party setup with Raise and the uncommon Aeroga/Waterga... but he's 4* base. Arc has native Dual Black Magic, as well as being 3*, and his TM has value for someone other than him, unlike Hope's.

Fang is a dragoon.

Snow is about the only other character who didn't exactly get his lunch eaten by someone on an out-of-order banner, but even still, I have to assume more people would have been interested in trying for him if they didn't already have a defensively superior tank.

Maybe Gumi thinks (correctly?) that Lightning will still be enough of a draw that it doesn't matter when they release it. Just seems a bit odd to me.

Rokuren

I already did the calculations and a bartz with the best atk and mag equip (that includes ingus tm) you only got a media of atk/mag of 450.

So, his 540% skill with a power of 450 is still crap.

So his "strongest" move is gimped by hybrid damage, that's disappointing. Is he still a decent 6* dps? Or does he end being more of a gimmick with the sacrifice/revive combo that was mentioned before.

Syntsui

Uhhh wouldn't Exdeath also be another example... of which when he hits 6 star status that could be massive?

Why would you use a sword on Exdeath, who does purely magic damage, instead of the amazing rods we have today?

For example: Arc's rod with 90MAG + 30% MAG bonus from Shanttoto TM >>> Enhancer's 23 MAG + 50% MAG from Ingus TM.

Shouta

I already did the calculations and a bartz with the best atk and mag equip (that includes ingus tm) you only got a media of atk/mag of 450.

So, his 540% skill with a power of 450 is still crap.

I mentioned this in the thread before and posted a link to some JPs calcs about it but you don't want to hybrid atk/mag. You want to go for all of one or the other. If you can get a bit of the other while you're doing it, great but gotta focus on one to make the most of it

tuffymon

Why would you use a sword on Exdeath, who does purely magic damage, instead of the amazing rods we have today?

For example: Arc's rod with 90MAG + 30% MAG bonus from Shanttoto TM >>> Enhancer's 23 MAG + 50% MAG from Ingus TM.

You assume I'll get lucky to pull an Arc, RNG could be an asshole to me. So, instead of using a TM weapon, what's the next best choice? Probably the one from the demon trial yes? How do those numbers compare then?

Ingus's TM seems of dubious value to anyone but a MAG-focused Ramza, really. But as someone attempting to run just that unit, I'll happily put it on him, working under the assumption I pull 10 of him trying for Refia...

On a different note, though it's nice that they're giving us the FF3 banner, I feel like they've really diminished the FF13 banner by releasing 3 and 4 prior.

Sazh's draw was as a easily-obtained Full Breaker... but we're all likely to pick up at least one Ingus trying for the high value units on this banner.

Vanille is a source of Cheer and Focus... but we're going to be trying (and getting! Let's positive thinking!) to pull Refia and many nabbed a Cecil during the FF4 banner.

Hope has kind of a niche in the right party setup with Raise and the uncommon Aeroga/Waterga... but he's 4* base. Arc has native Dual Black Magic, as well as being 3*, and his TM has value for someone other than him, unlike Hope's.

Fang is a dragoon.

Snow is about the only other character who didn't exactly get his lunch eaten by someone on an out-of-order banner, but even still, I have to assume more people would have been interested in trying for him if they didn't already have a defensively superior tank.

Maybe Gumi thinks (correctly?) that Lightning will still be enough of a draw that it doesn't matter when they release it. Just seems a bit odd to me.

Well if they are smart they will hopefully do some more extensive rebalacing and retooling of the characters as well as change, adjust or add abilities

Becuase you are right... Makes zero sense to release essentially obsolete characters

Syntsui

You assume I'll get lucky to pull an Arc, RNG could be an asshole to me. So, instead of using a TM weapon, what's the next best choice? Probably the one from the demon trial yes? How do those numbers compare then?

We are assuming you will pull Ingus, who is just as easy to pull as Arc lol.

Anyway, ExDeath base Int at 6* is 145, so:

Enhancer + Ingus' TM = 96 extra MAG (rounded)
Lilith Rod + Shanttoto's TM = 104 extra MAG (rounded)
Wizard Rod + Shanttoto's TM = 116 extra MAG (rounded)

Ingus' TM is trash for him, unless you have no Shanttoto, but you will still be gimped with that sword because we will keep getting better rods, I assume, and I think we will hardly get new swords with more than 23 MAG.

tuffymon

We are assuming you will pull Ingus, who is just as easy to pull as Arc lol.

Anyway, ExDeath base Int at 6* is 145, so:

Enhancer + Ingus' TM = 96 extra MAG (rounded)
Lilith Rod + Shanttoto's TM = 104 extra MAG (rounded)
Wizard + Shanttoto's TM = 116 extra MAG (rounded)

Ingus' TM is trash for him.

Thanks for that~

While you are right about one vs the other, just look at this past banner, one person had 8? bcl's, while another had 3? wwf's... both wanting anything else~ Happens sadly.

Shouta

Wizard Rod and the Enhancer are the weapons with the most magic and that are free in JP. So unless Global gets a new piece of equipment, you know what you're in for, lol.

Ingus' TM isn't terribly useful overall. There's only one character in JP that makes use of it properly and that's Ashe.

Syntsui

Thanks for that~

While you are right about one vs the other, just look at this past banner, one person had 8? bcl's, while another had 3? wwf's... both wanting anything else~ Happens sadly.

I dumped a lot of money on 2x 11 pulls exclusively for Cecil and didn't pull a single one, he was a 3* unit, so yeah RNG is a bitch :(

H3xum

So it sounds like it is time to shelf my Kefka (because I plan on going deep and hard this banner).

Sad, sad day. He and my Chiz (which were my original pulls) have carried me up to this point. Rip in pieces, my goofy clown friend, I'll maybe see you again in about 6 months

CCIE

Banned
I'm confused on hybrid damage, because my Lightning just does way more "magic" damage than ExDeath. Isn't even close right now. Isn't she hybrid?

Azuran

Banned
I guess this is finally the time when we can say goodbye to Chizuru for a while. It will be kinda hard for her to compete against my 3 Luneth and 6* CoD.

CCIE

Banned
Damn, maintenance is going into my lucky pull time... I may not pull much on the first day of the banner now

Shouta

I'm confused on hybrid damage, because my Lightning just does way more "magic" damage than ExDeath. Isn't even close right now. Isn't she hybrid?

No. there's elemental damage that's physically based and there's elemental damage that's magically based. Lightning is physical despite the fact that it's doing fire/ice/lightning. You can find this out on enemies that resist physical damage a lot, even her elemental damage won't do that much despite being the weakness.

Celegus

Only need 24,300 more candies and I'll have gotten basically everything but the auras and knife, plus a ton of the 5* mats and enough 6* mats for 2x CoD, Garland, Refia and Luneth. That worked out pretty nicely!

I guess this is finally the time when we can say goodbye to Chizuru for a while. It will be kinda hard for her to compete against my 3 Luneth and 6* CoD.

We? I have CoD but don't have any base 5 star character and I'm sure as shit not gonna get Luneth, Chizz is here to stay for a long time baby.

Acerac

Banned
Just mathed it out, as long as I consistently do the pumpking rider consistently from now til the time he goes away I will have just barely enough to get the third aura for Demon Rain.

I don't suppose anyone wants to help me make sure I make it? I can usually squeak by thanks to Zera and Nomidor's heavy carries but even 2 wipes between now and when the server goes down tomorrow would necessitate lapiz burning. My number is 487,561,477 is anyone is feeling super generous.

Razmos

Wait so Arc beats out Kefka as a mage? I might replace Kefka then. I love his hyperdrive but his sprite is... gross, to say the least. And Arc's innate dual cast..

Acerac

Banned
Wait so Arc beats out Kefka as a mage? I might replace Kefka then. I love his hyperdrive but his sprite is... gross, to say the least. And Arc's innate dual cast..

He's great, he just never gets a 6 star and it seems to show as more and more mages get them.

Celegus

Just mathed it out, as long as I consistently do the pumpking rider consistently from now til the time he goes away I will have just barely enough to get the third aura for Demon Rain.

I don't suppose anyone wants to help me make sure I make it? I can usually squeak by thanks to Zera and Nomidor's heavy carries but even 2 wipes between now and when the server goes down tomorrow would necessitate lapiz burning. My number is 487,561,477 is anyone is feeling super generous.

Wish I could, but I don't think my Kain is gonna cut the mustard to carry on Pumpking. Added you anyway though since I didn't have you yet!

Acerac

Banned
Wish I could, but I don't think my Kain is gonna cut the mustard to carry on Pumpking. Added you anyway though since I didn't have you yet!

I'm not gonna lie I don't really care if ya'll can carry me. I'm happy just having an excuse to fill my list with gaffers and it gave me an excuse to beg. I have Kain as my main unit as well, so it'll be nice to have a stronger one to look towards.

I got this. Just gotta juggle my energy decently. The fact that I level between now and then should be the key that I need.

chrono01

How many tickets yall willing to blow through for this banner?
Every last one of them (unless I get Refia earlier than I expect). I want Luneth too, but I'm being realistic here. Arc would be great, but him being a 3* base, I'd like to think he won't be too difficult to get.

Lyrian

Every last one of them (unless I get Refia earlier than I expect). I want Luneth too, but I'm being realistic here. Arc would be great, but him being a 3* base, I'd like to think he won't be too difficult to get.

All that needs to be said.

Refia or bust.

mikemandey

40+ friend requests everyday and now I hope Gumi find a way to make accepting / deleting friend request easier and effortless. :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom