• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I'd love to put my TMs to use, but sadly my best character to use them is still Buttz. Limited with the Flame Katana and Maramuse for Chizzy.

A Miyuki and/or Xaio would be a solid addition.

CCIE

Banned
Chilly, congrats on the TM! Valentus, you are officially in with the best whales on my list now.

And I will NOT go whole hog the first day of the banner. I will pace myself... <yeah, right>

Chilly, congrats on the TM! Valentus, you are officially in with the best whales on my list now.

And I will NOT go whole hog the first day of the banner. I will pace myself... <yeah, right>

Im going full hog!

Which is nuts since im not particularly attached to any of these characters.

This is just power chasing for now. Gonna save up for FF6 and FFT part 2 when they come around

KeRaSh

Ramza you beautiful bastard

CARRY ME SENPAI!
I'm basically saving your Ramza and some redditor's mutant Dracu Laswell (around 700 ATK) for the Trust Moogle tier content tomorrow. If I can't beat that shit with you guys then I really don't know...
I just want my Dual Wield to finish...

CCIE

Banned
Valentus - do you have a Lightning? There is one on my list that has more than 720 attack with a similar setup from what I can tell

Seriously, some really nice characters here. BTW, I am in LOVE with Locke for farming, especially for SC. I average two SC per INT run with the guy, and 2 or more megacrysts as well. Has made HR farming so much less frustrating to have my own Locke

I plan to be done with the banner 10 min after I wake up. 1 Daily pull if it's Refia I'm done. If not then I will use 5 of my 30 tix if no Refia then 11 pulls until she is in there.

c-murph

I plan on saving some Lapis for the time being. No more daily pulls for the next little while. I don't think I need any more characters and the game has been fucking stingy with giving me Delita and Ramza. So, no more pulls. Just the daily refreshes for TM farming. Gotsa git rid of so many doubles.

c-murph

CARRY ME SENPAI!
I'm basically saving your Ramza and some redditor's mutant Dracu Laswell (around 700 ATK) for the Trust Moogle tier content tomorrow. If I can't beat that shit with you guys then I really don't know...

I have a redditor with 700Atk Lightning. She basically one hit kills everything. Like fuck. I wish I had a character that even broke 400Atk.

Edit: wtf sorry for double post. Rookie mistake.

Valentus

CARRY ME SENPAI!

You Will beat it buddy, dont worry, if i got luneth it Will Be a park walk.

You Will beat it buddy, dont worry, if i got luneth it Will Be a park walk.

Are you still taking on friends? I have a couple of powerhouses on my friend list, but no one even close to your better units. If you have any slots available, I'd love an add to prep for the event tomorrow. My FC is: 715,699,683.

tariniel

I have bought everything from the Halloween event except Cactuars (saving those in case I pull something really nice this banner), and extra awakening mats. I have 30k extra candies. I think I went a bit overboard? I could probably get it to 40k extra today if I ran it a few more times rather than switch to TM farming after the daily 3 but I don't see the point.

Also I just realized I haven't even touched the new story yet from last week...

c-murph

Chilly, please explain this Lightning hate for me? I don't understand

Cliffsnotes version. FFXIII was a mediocre game and then it became internet cool to hate on it and everything associated with it. Also, SE needlessly puts OP Lightning in everything.

c-murph, is that Lenneth? 728 this morning. Insane

Redditors take their gaming too seriously. lol

Pejo

Man this wait for the new banner is unbearable. Luneth and Refia are waiting for me, c'mon Gumi - let them come home.

I think I'm done pumpkin grinding, just going to start putting some of these characters through EXP vortex. I have way too many characters to level up now, and there never seems like a good time to do it. What I wouldn't give for another 100-200 metal gigantaurs.

Syrus

Banned
I have bought everything from the Halloween event except Cactuars (saving those in case I pull something really nice this banner), and extra awakening mats. I have 30k extra candies. I think I went a bit overboard? I could probably get it to 40k extra today if I ran it a few more times rather than switch to TM farming after the daily 3 but I don't see the point.

Also I just realized I haven't even touched the new story yet from last week...

Keep doing candy. If you pull refia , buy limit pots and level her limit.

Cliffsnotes version. FFXIII was a mediocre game and then it became internet cool to hate on it and everything associated with it. Also, SE needlessly puts OP Lightning in everything.

Redditors take their gaming too seriously. lol

Internet cool to hate on it? Get out of here. The issues people had with that game had a deep and wide spectrum.

How dismissive!

Rixa

Theory crunching easy question:

What is the % chance to get rainbow in 3x 10+1 pulls?

Not like I would get one tho :p

CCIE

Banned
Oh, I never blame the characters for SE stupidity... Lightning was a sweet design, personally. Now, someone who is cool to hate on that I could get behind? Vaan was a metrosexual wierdo in FFXII, which is one of my favorite games

I loved Ashe, Agrias, Meliadoul, Terra, Celes, Garnet, Yuna, and Lightning. Some of my favorite character designs in FF - and all girls to boot ;)

From the guys, I loved Ramza, Vivi, Zidane, Basche, Balthier, Cloud, Sephiroth, Auron, Squall, etc...

I don't hold Lightning responsible for some of SE decisions. She is just a seriously cool character design.

Valentus

Valentus - do you have a Lightning? There is one on my list that has more than 720 attack with a similar setup from what I can tell

Seriously, some really nice characters here. BTW, I am in LOVE with Locke for farming, especially for SC. I average two SC per INT run with the guy, and 2 or more megacrysts as well. Has made HR farming so much less frustrating to have my own Locke

I changed to my lightning with all the gear. It punish me not having lunge combo materia

Syrus

Banned
I rrally need some beefed up friends. I have a couple but if any of you strong guys can Add me Id appreciateniy.

871 151 852

5 star kefka LanceX.

I will have 6 star Ex Death once he is released.

I dunno

Seemed like the majority of rainbows i see pop up from 11 pulls

As far as my rainbow pulls go ive only ever had 2

One from Daily - Miyuki

And one from 11 FFT pull that snagged my Ramza... Along with every other banner unit lol

H3xum

Has the difficulty of the Crystal Tower been discussed?

How will it compare to Babel? I just squeaked by in that one

we arent 100% sure

They like to mess around and tweak things in global... and sometimes they dont

Best bet is to just wait for people to complete it and pass on the info

Or just bring your very best team and whale friend and go for broke

Pejo

I dunno

One from Daily - Miyuki

And one from 11 FFT pull that snagged my Ramza... Along with every other banner unit lol

I think the reason 10+1s are preferred for Rainbows is that you get a guaranteed Gold 4* with the 10+1. This has either a 5 or 10% chance of being a Rainbow, can't remember which.

Whereas you can spend 30 tickets and never even guarantee that you get a Gold.

There was a post about it on Reddit a long time ago, I think that was the reasoning.

bonkeng

I've gotten 4 rainbows so far and also skewed.

2 from a single 5k pull (Lightning and WoL)

1 from dailies (Delita)

1 from ticket (Ramza)

3 x 5k multipull, I'll guess it's still less than 10% chance.

Most likely it's more difficult than Babel. But an OP Lightning, DKC or Luneth (or Valentus' Ramza) should help you through it.

Lyrian

What is the % chance to get **ANY** rainbow in 3x 10+1 pulls?

Chance for any rainbow = 1 - (0.99^30) = 26.03%
Chance for a rainbow in the three bonus pulls = 1 - (0.95^3) = 14.26%

Total : 26.03% + 14.26% = 40.29%. Assuming the usual that Luneth is half the rainbow crystal draw rate, that's a 20.15% chance of pulling him.

Rixa

I dunno

One from Daily - Miyuki

Most of my rainbow came from tickets, RNG is RNG :p

I think the reason 10+1s are preferred for Rainbows is that you get a guaranteed Gold 4* with the 10+1. This has either a 5 or 10% chance of being a Rainbow, can't remember which.

Whereas you can spend 30 tickets and never even guarantee that you get a Gold.

There was a post about it on Reddit a long time ago, I think that was the reasoning.

I've gotten 4 rainbows so far and also skewed.

2 from a single 5k pull (Lightning and WoL)

1 from dailies (Delita)

1 from ticket (Ramza)

3 x 5k multipull, I'll guess it's still less than 10% chance.
Chance for any rainbow = 1 - (0.99^30) = 26.03%
Chance for a rainbow in the three bonus pulls = 1 - (0.95^3) = 14.26%

Total : 26.03% + 14.26% = 40.29%. Assuming the usual that Luneth is half the rainbow crystal draw rate, that's a 20.15% chance of pulling him.

Thanks for the % @Lyrian. My main has not done 10+1 after beta :) only rainbow is from daily Golbez.
Alt did one 10+1 and got DKC (luck I know). Alt will do another 10+1 after banner has changed and main will do last week of event 3x 10+1.

bolil

Neo Member
Got Demon Rain and BCL, have enough Candy Corn for 4xSpooky Aura, should I get it or just stock up mats? I have Cecil so I probably won't use Demon Rain though.

Valentus

Errrr... nope. I'm rank 55, name is CrazyIvn (no 'a' in Ivan) and I'm currently sharing a 6* Cecil. The number I'm showing is 715,699,683, which I think is what I typed before.

screenshot_2016-11-03opumc.png

Ill keep the rank 2 anyway

They are going to log in someday and see your friend request and freak out lol.

Anyone have any tips for the Wyrms in ADV S4? I beat them once before but really struggling with them this time, especially since they can't be paralyzed... my team is basically all mages + Cecil + Lenna.

Ill keep the rank 2 anyway

That should be a nice bonus for that random player.

Thanks for the add! Here's hoping it's enough to carry me at the ELT level of the new event. I think I'll be able to get through the rest through PRO, but I have a feeling ELT is out of my reach without your unit's help. Cheers!

Anyone have any tips for the Wyrms in ADV S4? I beat them once before but really struggling with them this time, especially since they can't be paralyzed... my team is basically all mages + Cecil + Lenna.

Keep count of your turns. Their needle breath attacks happens every third turn. If you have your Cecil with Golem, use provoke before that turn and set everyone else to defend. That should let you live through the attack. Baraerora is also your friend. Cuts down the damage substantially. The only other thing that I found useful was to concentrate all of my attacks on one of them to knock it out before the third turn. Having just one of them cast needle breath is very doable. It's when they chain them that it can wipe your party pretty easily. I had a dickens of a time with them my first time through S4, but with that general strategy I was able to be beat them without much hassle on my 2nd, 3rd, and 4th time through. (Stupid blood sword....)

KeRaSh

Focus, Baraerora and maybe even defend every 3rd turn when they do their wind spell. Bio Blaster is also helpful if you land it. It can be crafted but forgot where you get the receipt from.

edit: Beaten like a Bedile in Earth Shrine.

Pejo

Thanks for the % @Lyrian. My main has not done 10+1 after beta :) only rainbow is from daily Golbez.
Alt did one 10+1 and got DKC (luck I know). Alt will do another 10+1 after banner has changed and main will do last week of event 3x 10+1.

You can also do this:

https://exviuswiki.com/Summon_Simulator/20160923

Pretend that Lightning is Luneth, see how many rolls it takes you to get her. This is what makes me increasingly sad about 5* chances, and extremely grateful for getting my DKC.

*edit* Just did a bunch of fake summons to see, took me 27 rolls to get Lightning.

Do you have 2 Edgars? Lol

Um yeah basically taking golem off Cecil and keeping Baraerora up is the way to go

Focus and Cheer help as well. You lose out on provoke but 6 star Cecil can cover pretty well either way. Having golem on just gets his ass wrecked even with Focus and Bar Aerora

You can also do this:

https://exviuswiki.com/Summon_Simulator/20160923

Pretend that Lightning is Luneth, see how many rolls it takes you to get her. This is what makes me increasingly sad about 5* chances, and extremely grateful for getting my DKC.

*edit* Just did a bunch of fake summons to see, took me 27 rolls to get Lightning.

I know this thing isn't exactly accurate but I got 4 troll Rainbows before getting Lightning with it...if that was real I would legit delete this game and never look at it again haha.

Shouta

Hmmm.

Do you think I need more than one barrage?

Hmmm.

Nope.

Does anyone have the Nox macro settings to stretch TM farming out longer? I've got one setup to do it as fast as possible already but I figure if I can adjust it so I can set it and forget it for awhile, it might be nice. I've got a ton of TMs to farm right now.

Nope.

Does anyone have the Nox macro settings to stretch TM farming out longer? I've got one setup to do it as fast as possible already but I figure if I can adjust it so I can set it and forget it for awhile, it might be nice. I've got a ton of TMs to farm right now.

You just go into the settings and adjust the interval right?

I usually wait till the 5 minute time resets, start the macro and time out how long till it ends

Then whatever the remainder ends up being is your interval time... well at least at 5-10 second buffer to be safe

Also if you are making an overnight macro you are gonna need phantom clicks and longer delays setup to account for pop ups and the like. I dont worry so much about disconnects since the switch to Memu has basically eliminated them

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom