• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pejo

Did another 10+1 because I've got the pull fever,

Got my first Garland (!), finished off Cyan's TM (lol), finished off Rydia's TM, and a few more Ingus/Arcs. Still no rainbow, 57 total pulls in.

I really should stop, it doesn't seem like Luneth is in the cards for me. Looking at the units I have, once everybody is leveled up, my main team will be:

- DKC - Main attacker (Ifrit)
- Refia - Healer (Siren for now, Carbuncle soon)
- CoD - Secondary attacker (Shiva)
- Kefka (?) - Magic attacker (Ramuh) I should probably level up Arc and swap him out, but I love Hyperdrive. Doesn't look like Arc has any good single target skill, but dualcast might make up for that?
- Cecil/WoL/Vaan (Golem/Diabolos) depending on content for either breaker or tank or both. Could also throw another attacker in here if I don't need a tank and the boss is immune to Breaks.

At this point, the only notable units I don't have are the 5* base FFT units, Lightning and Luneth. Anyone have suggestions of alternate setups that I should be using instead?

Did another 10+1 because I've got the pull fever,

Got my first Garland (!), finished off Cyan's TM (lol), finished off Rydia's TM, and a few more Ingus/Arcs. Still no rainbow, 57 total pulls in.

I really should stop, it doesn't seem like Luneth is in the cards for me. Looking at the units I have, once everybody is leveled up, my main team will be:

- DKC - Main attacker (Ifrit)
- Refia - Healer (Siren for now, Carbuncle soon)
- CoD - Secondary attacker (Shiva)
- Kefka (?) - Magic attacker (Ramuh) I should probably level up Arc and swap him out, but I love Hyperdrive. Doesn't look like Arc has any good single target skill, but dualcast might make up for that?
- Cecil/WoL/Vaan (Golem/Diabolos) depending on content for either breaker or tank or both. Could also throw another attacker in here if I don't need a tank and the boss is immune to Breaks.

At this point, the only notable units I don't have are the 5* base FFT units, Lightning and Luneth. Anyone have suggestions of alternate setups that I should be using instead?

Looks solid to me!

Kefka is still pretty useful but youll want Arc in case we get content again that favors element chaining

Otherwise you are sitting pretty

Muku

Thinking of doing daily pulls to try to get Arc. He's the only one I'm missing off this banner on my main account. I'd love to get him and put him in my all mage group as well.

So glad I spent those last few days feverishly still working on candy. Ended up getting the 70k Moogle, the mats for Luneth and Refia squared away, and still have enough for.. I don't know what. I've purchased everything except Limit Break Pots. But I don't know who I'd give those too? Don't think I have enough to buy all but not sure who to give it to. Was thinking one of the new guys (Arc, Luneth, or Refia), but are any of theirs worth it? I'd have done Cecil but he's already 99 6*.

Whizkid7

Okay, so question: how does Sword Mastery on Luneth work? Is it a flat 20% as long as one sword is equipped? Does it stack if both weapons are swords? I ask because outside of the Enhancer, my next best sword is...Royal Sword. So I'd rather grind Agrias TM, but not if I'm losing an extra 20%.

It's so exciting to have a potential OP unit o_o I barely know where to start! Aside from TM & Hero Ring grinding...

It occurs to me that Ramza is support,

Cloud of darkness 6*, (lvl 44)
Refia 4* currently (replacing 5* Lenna)
Cecil 6* (lvl 100)

With the last two slots I have options: what should I slot in "on the regular"? I feel like I have tons of options, but have no clue what I should do.

Ramza 5* (just got)
Max chizuru
Max WoL
Max Bartz
Max Firion

And I have no TMs. Still working on those...

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Thinking of doing daily pulls to try to get Arc. He's the only one I'm missing off this banner on my main account. I'd love to get him and put him in my all mage group as well.

So glad I spent those last few days feverishly still working on candy. Ended up getting the 70k Moogle, the mats for Luneth and Refia squared away, and still have enough for.. I don't know what. I've purchased everything except Limit Break Pots. But I don't know who I'd give those too? Don't think I have enough to buy all but not sure who to give it to. Was thinking one of the new guys (Arc, Luneth, or Refia), but are any of theirs worth it? I'd have done Cecil but he's already 99 6*.

Heh, I'm in an interesting place with CoD, Refia, and Luneth now to awaken, but only mats for one. I did not expect this to happen

First world FFBE problems

Muku

Heh, I'm in an interesting place with CoD, Refia, and Luneth now to awaken, but only mats for one. I did not expect this to happen

:O Congrats! But sucks only enough for one. :(

The event before the Halloween one I saved up enough for CoD. She was going to be ready. Then Halloween one I got mats for early on for Kefka, Terra, Exdeath, and Garland. I am determined to be ready. I didn't plan on new units, but wanted Refia. I figured I was just going to powerhouse rest of event in case. So glad I did.

chrono01

20 tickets.

20 tickets.

Not a single useful unit, aside from three Ingus. Four troll gold crystals, not a single Refia.

I have enough for a multi-pull, but I know it'll just result in another troll gold crystal. Honestly feeling like deleting the game from my phone. I've had horrible pulls for the last month, and this isn't helping. With content getting more difficult, I need better units, but the game won't give them to me. I'm not about to spend money either, considering how over-priced the Lapis is in Canada ($69.99 for 6,000 + 2,500 or $139.99 for 12,000 + 6,000 Lapis). At that price, I'd rather just purchase an actual game.

Such despair. I don't even care to spend my energy this afternoon, I'm just going to let it sit there. I need a break.

Stider

So who doesn't have a 5* base atm? I'm polling cause I don't wanna feel alone :'(

No 5* base here. Considering the number of draws I've done, it really sucks. Up to 9 multi for this event so far and did 20+ multi during Lightning event. Haven't seen a rainbow this event so far.

EDarkness

20 tickets.

20 tickets.

Not a single useful unit, aside from three Ingus. Four troll gold crystals, not a single Refia.

I have enough for a multi-pull, but I know it'll just result in another troll gold crystal. Honestly feeling like deleting the game from my phone. I've had horrible pulls for the last month, and this isn't helping. With content getting more difficult, I need better units, but the game won't give them to me. I'm not about to spend money either, considering how over-priced the Lapis is in Canada (69.99 for 6,000 + 2,500 or $139.99 for 12,000 + 6,000 Lapis).

Such despair. I don't even care to spend my energy this afternoon, I'm just going to let it sit there. I need a break.

I feel your pain, man. You should take some time off, regroup, then come back with a fresh outlook on things. Don't let the game get you down. At the end of the day, that's all it is...a game. Relax and find something else to do with your time in the meantime.

Muku

20 tickets.

20 tickets.

I have enough for a multi-pull, but I know it'll just result in another troll gold crystal. Honestly feeling like deleting the game from my phone. I've had horrible pulls for the last month, and this isn't helping. With content getting more difficult, I need better units, but the game won't give them to me. I'm not about to spend money either, considering how over-priced the Lapis is in Canada ($69.99 for 6,000 + 2,500 or $139.99 for 12,000 + 6,000 Lapis). At that price, I'd rather just purchase an actual game.

Awww, I'm sorry. ;_; And I know exactly that feeling. Been feeling that way up until this morning to be honest. Frustrated. Have you tried just doing daily pulls? I mean at the start of this one, it might be worth it if you have the lapis for it. But then again it goes back to getting shit Shadows and troll Bediles. :(

Rootbeer

Banned
P40Eouel.png

FF3 team in the making (oh, ignore the esper pairings, it's just for display :p)! This is going to be a long haul... I stocked up bigtime on materials from the last event so I am more than good there. But I don't have nearly enough Gigantuars. Used all 100 last time around.

Finished all but ELT in the new event... working on it now. Kind of scared. lol.

chrono01

I feel your pain, man. You should take some time off, regroup, then come back with a fresh outlook on things. Don't let the game get you down. At the end of the day, that's all it is...a game. Relax and find something else to do with your time in the meantime.
Yeah, I'm tempted to do a rage 10+1 pull, but I'm not going to. At least the tickets were free, if I dip into my Lapid reserve (I only have a little under 8,000) and get nothing I'll really be in trouble.

It's just super-frustrating, when you continually get trash pulls, especially through gold crystals. Cyan/Maria/Shadow/Bedile were troll gold for me. Heartbreak, every time.

But yeah, I'm just going to lay down my phone and cool off a bit.

Awww, I'm sorry. ;_; And I know exactly that feeling. Been feeling that way up until this morning to be honest. Frustrated. Have you tried just doing daily pulls? I mean at the start of this one, it might be worth it if you have the lapis for it. But then again it goes back to getting shit Shadows and troll Bediles. :(
Yeah, I do the daily on every banner that interests me (until I get what I'm after), but considering I haven't received a single advertised 4* base character from one yet, I'm not expecting to here either. I'll still do it, but I'm not very hopeful. :(

EDarkness

Yeah, I'm tempted to do a rage 10+1 pull, but I'm not going to. At least the tickets were free, if I dip into my Lapid reserve (I only have a little under 8,000) and get nothing I'll really be in trouble.

It's just super-frustrating, when you continually get trash pulls, especially through gold crystals. Cyan/Maria/Shadow/Bedile were troll gold for me. Heartbreak, every time.

But yeah, I'm just going to lay down my phone and cool off a bit.

Yeah, I do the daily on every banner that interests me (until I get what I'm after), but considering I haven't received a single advertised 4* base character from one yet, I'm not expecting to here either. I'll still do it, but I'm not very hopeful. :(

I spent a lot of tickets and time on trying to get Agrias during the FF: Tactics banner. All that work and I couldn't get anything but a bunch of Alma units. It was extremely frustrating. After that, I refuse to get invested heavily in this game. It just reminded me of how much I hate gambling. Still, I'm happy for everyone who got what they wanted and I hope you get what you're after at some point, too.

At the moment, I'm just trying to figure out how I can get a good weapon for Cloud of Darkness. Her weapon choices are crappy. The fact that they don't provide good weapons beyond this crap they gave us so far is frustrating. I have tons of swords for my guys to use...especially katanas.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
1. I've still never pulled a single rainbow, so

2. I do still feel bad for people using all their tickets and not getting what they wanted

3. The biggest hole on my roster is pure DPS -- no Lightning, no Ramza, no DKC, and no Luneth. But I got hard mages in spades -- two kefkas, an exdeath, a couple Arcs now, a Rydia.

4. It's just weird how my roster is sorting out. I have lots of tanks types and mages, but no DPS or great support units. I also have healers out the ass.

chrono01

I spent a lot of tickets and time on trying to get Agrias during the FF: Tactics banner. All that work and I couldn't get anything but a bunch of Alma units. It was extremely frustrating. After that, I refuse to get invested heavily in this game. It just reminded me of how much I hate gambling. Still, I'm happy for everyone who got what they wanted and I hope you get what you're after at some point, too.

At the moment, I'm just trying to figure out how I can get a good weapon for Cloud of Darkness. Her weapon choices are crappy. The fact that they don't provide good weapons beyond this crap they gave us so far is frustrating. I have tons of swords for my guys to use...especially katanas.
Yeah, it can be really depressing. It's not so much not getting what you're after, but when the game later calls for such units and you don't have them, well...I don't look forward to that. :/

I am happy to see people here getting what they're after, and I truly mean that. I'm going to go through the previous posts I missed later (when I've lessened my anger/frustration a bit) and congratulate them proper.

I play a lot of gatcha games, and I'm conditioned to poor/unfortunate pulls. It seems worse in FFBE though, since specific characters have a lot more use, either through their TM or abilities. If you don't pull a certain one (such as Refia), later content is just going to be more difficult (or impossible to do). :(

If we had the crystal change, I would absolutely do a 10+1 pull. As it is, I'll stick to dailies, as I refuse to put in 5,000 Lapis for that guaranteed gold, when (given my luck) it'll just be a Bedile/Shadow/Lani/etc.

1. I've still never pulled a single rainbow, so

2. I do still feel bad for people using all their tickets and not getting what they wanted

3. The biggest hole on my roster is pure DPS -- no Lightning, no Ramza, no DKC, and no Luneth. But I got hard mages in spades -- two kefkas, an exdeath, a couple Arcs now, a Rydia.

4. It's just weird how my roster is sorting out. I have lots of tanks types and mages, but no DPS or great support units. I also have healers out the ass.

That's basically the boat I'm in. I do have Black Cat Lid, which I guess is an okay DPS, but I wouldn't put it on the same tier as Lightning or Luneth. But tanks and mages I got out the whazoo. Almost too many, to be honest.

Xion86

Congratulation to everyone who got good pulls and/or pulls they wanted. Condolences to everyone who didn't get what they wanted.

Xion so pleased you got a Luneth bro. Deserved after those garbage pulls. And Razmos glad you got a Refia as well. Congrats guys :)

Thanks a lot mate! I've been getting garbage for many weeks if not months now, so this was a relief, now it's time to level up the units for my new team. I just really wanted one of the top two tier physical attackers, was I was always missing out on that. Didn't get Chiz, Lightning or Ramza.

Rixa

So who doesn't have a 5* base atm? I'm polling cause I don't wanna feel alone :'(

Not I. I haven't seen a rainbow crystal in a LONG time. The RNG Gods will bless me when they're ready. I hope they're ready soon....

ive never seen a rainbow crystal

20 tickets.

20 tickets.

No 5* base here. Considering the number of draws I've done, it really sucks. Up to 9 multi for this event so far and did 20+ multi during Lightning event. Haven't seen a rainbow this event so far.

Chrono damn :(((.

No base 5* here either.

Except my unrerolled alt has fricking DKC and Luneth. It was soooo bad account after those 10 tix during launch event, having Golbez and Zidane & trash.

Folstern

Got Refia, Arc, Terra and Celes with 5 tickets, a DP and a 10+1 extravaganza. Quite happy with that. Luneth would have been nice but that was an extreme long shot. Still have plenty of Lapis and tickets left for my real prize. Also cleared all the event stuff easily. On to TM grinding!

CCIE

Banned
Took 6 tickets, and a daily but Refia achieved to pair with my Lightning, and Cecil
Also picked up Ingus and dupe Bartz this morning as well..

I still have 18 tickets and almost 20K lapis left with which to pull an Arc or two in dailies, so I didn't have to whale it out. Definitely a happy camper

My original account from soft launch didn't have as good of a day, and I may just finally be down to my PRI account from now on. Amazing how that account cannot seem to pull a decent four star, much less a five star unit... Good in a way since I no longer want to maintain two accounts anymore.

Congrats to everyone who pulled Luneth and Refia today! And Lightning, and Ramza, and multiple Ingus! With his TM stacking, I'm not going to be upset if I pull a dupe or two in my TWO weeks of dailies to work with on this banner.

Now Baby just needs an Arc or two over the next week ... And I'm still looking for Rydia to pair with my Garnet down the road.

20 tickets.

20 tickets.

Take a breather, get some fresh air, smoke some bud if applicable. You have 8k lapis left so you're not broken by this banner yet but depending your current units THIS is the banner to pull on. It just depends on how hard you want to go. RNG is generally never in our favor but I ask that you not give up. Be patient, do nothing but the daily pulls. On the very last day of the banner if you have enough lapis left then I'd do the hail mary multi pull.

EDarkness

That's basically the boat I'm in. I do have Black Cat Lid, which I guess is an okay DPS, but I wouldn't put it on the same tier as Lightning or Luneth. But tanks and mages I got out the whazoo. Almost too many, to be honest.

Same here. I have mages all over the place. I even got lucky and got 5* Exdeath (without rerolling). I think I can field just about any kind of caster group at this point. Same with healers. I have both great tanks WoL and Cecil as well. The thing I'm missing are great physical damage dealers. The best I have is CoD and she is pretty much the workhorse of my group, but I can't get any weapons for her since her weapon selection is shitty. Even so I raised her to 6* because whatever extra she gets from being 6* is gonna be worth it since I don't have anyone else. I also have Artemios, but man, he sucks pretty bad. I just couldn't make good use of him. Even CoD with a shitty weapon has him beat...easily.

If we had the crystal change, I would absolutely do a 10+1 pull. As it is, I'll stick to dailies, as I refuse to put in 5,000 Lapis for that guaranteed gold, when (given my luck) it'll just be a Bedile/Shadow/Lani/etc.

I would definitely consider paying something into this game if that were the case. As of now getting a gold should feel great, but it always fills me with dread. As a game developer, there's just no way I could intentionally do this to my players.

Pejo

So I regretfully re-upped my Lapis with the amazon coin method to get better bang for my buck, and did one final 10+1.

Yeeeahhh baby! Amarant! Also, 2 rainbows in a single pull was pretty rare, was bummed the 2nd one was Locke and not a FFT 5* or Lightning, but honestly I could care less about that at this moment.

See you guys on the other side, got some leveling to do. So in the end I had to spend some money, but I don't mind, it's payday after all. Also, nowhere near the amount I spent on WoL 1st banner.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
Taking a look back. The last banner to really reward me was the WoL, Leanna, and Tellah. Managed to get all 3 of those, Cecil, and Chizzy in about 20 pulls.

The following banners, I only managed to snag 3* units like Cecil, Lud, Char, and Black Cat Lid. Even after some 40+ pulls on the Lightning Banner. And the only other two 4* units I got was White Witch Fina(Worst 6*) and another WoL. Basically, this is the first time in 2 and a half months my team will be seeing a replacement.

So basically, I'm not expecting any favors for several months.

CCIE

Banned
Pejo, I am so happy for you! First, you got WoL (which is kind of poetic), and you got Refia and Luneth! At least this banner had a better ending for you

Brazil

Living in the shadow of Amaz
Just because I stopped giving a crap about this game, it threw me all the characters in the banner, plus Kuja, Chizuru, Gaffgarion, Maria and Vaan. Good stuff!

c-murph

I got Refia up to level 88. I guess she officially replaces Lenna now.

Wondering if I should level CoD and Cecil to replace Vaan or WoL... 4* Fencer is permanently attached to the party.

Pejo

Pejo, I am so happy for you! First, you got WoL (which is kind of poetic), and you got Refia and Luneth! At least this banner had a better ending for you

Thanks so much! I hope to have a suitably strong friend unit soon to help out as many people as possible. Your alt's Lightning was used heavily during pumpkin grinding.

May both of your accounts find good fortune. (by the way did you ever get your WoL yet? I'm still crossing fingers for you if not. Everyone needs to be out of the "I whaled for WoL and didn't get him" club)

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
ELT is going to take some planning for me for a bit, and I'm so SO thankful this is a one-clear event.

Going to just buckle down and mass level while TM farming for now.

Thought: TM farming is the real choke point of the long game. I have so many good possible TMs I don't even know where to start. Current priority:

-- Locke for my CoD
-- Cecil (x3) for my Cecil (keeping two)
-- Ludmille (x1 atm but am banking x3 when Cecil is done) for my Kefkas
-- I have six shantottos and am strongly considering going for 5 +30s. STRONGLY.

Still looking for a dual wield but once I get the above done I should be p close to explosive. Just need that DPS yallll

chrono01

I was going to quote and individually congratulate everyone who got great pulls on this banner. I went through all of the previous pages, but when I saw how many people I was quoting, I advised against it, haha.

So here it goes.

Congratulations to everyone on their amazing pulls, especially if you managed to pull that elusive 5* base character! Nice to see some of you having great luck, my condolences to those that aren't. :(

Take a breather, get some fresh air, smoke some bud if applicable. You have 8k lapis left so you're not broken by this banner yet but depending your current units THIS is the banner to pull on. It just depends on how hard you want to go. RNG is generally never in our favor but I ask that you not give up. Be patient, do nothing but the daily pulls. On the very last day of the banner if you have enough lapis left then I'd do the hail mary multi pull.
That's the plan! I definitely need a breather after those horrible pulls.

The sooner they implement that crystal change, the better. Honestly, whenever I see a gold crystal now it actually upsets me, since I know it's just a trash unit hiding behind it.

I would definitely consider paying something into this game if that were the case. As of now getting a gold should feel great, but it always fills me with dread. As a game developer, there's just no way I could intentionally do this to my players.
Yeah, I refuse to give them a single cent until they change the way the crystals work. I just hope Gumi doesn't drag their feet in making the change.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Do we believe that 'troll golds' are intentional by Gumi or if they just haven't been properly balanced since power creep has taken hold? Or if it's just the nature of having a lot of base 4 units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom