• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do we believe that 'troll golds' are intentional by Gumi or if they just haven't been properly balanced since power creep has taken hold? Or if it's just the nature of having a lot of base 4 units?

I think for the longevity of this game we will need this to be addressed sooner than later. If the fix is already live in JP it needs and should be brought here.

CCIE

Banned
Pejo - no WoL yet... but I have an amazing tank in Cecil in the meantime. I think I'm going to drop my ALT account. It just isn't much fun to play anymore, and I spend 90% of my time with the newer account anyway. Sucks to lose the TMR's, but I just don't like playing with that account...

And now my PRI account has Lightning, Cecil, Refia, CoD, BartzX2, ExDeathX2, CelesX2, Locke, Agrias, Ingus, Garnet, Rosa, Charlotte, etc, etc ... I just don't think I need to play two accounts anymore. I just need a mage that can wear robes (Arc), and Rydia to go with Garnet for Esper abuse. Then just get additional units as time goes on. Miss having some of the base three star units like Garland, and Firion but I'm pretty sure I will eventually pull them on this account.

The best part is that I haven't had to burn through tons of tickets and lapis on this account to get 4* base units, which have honestly come in droves (even pulled TC Fina trying to get BC Lid), along with the occasional rainbow. I love this account. Pulling Refia this morning with minimal fuss sealed it for me

I will be pulling dailies on this banner for the rest of the week in the hope of obtaining Arc.

Lockon

Did 22 tickets and 1 10+1 pulls.

4x Ingus
3x Arc
2x Refia
Lighting (!?!) Already got 1 of her tho.
Bartz
Gaff
+ craps

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Did 22 tickets and 1 10+1 pulls.

4x Ingus
3x Arc
2x Refia
Lighting (!?!) Already got 1 of her tho.
Bartz
Gaff
+ craps

giphy.gif

condigy

1 x 250 lapis summon
1x Summon Ticket
2x11Pull
=
4x Ingus
1x luneth
1x Refia(both luneth and refia from the same 11 pull o.o)
And lot of cyans,Edgars and others

Also F¼@#|K Xande for abusing me the 1st time i ran ELT,got him the 2nd time
(thanks to a Friend Lighting with 7hundo and some Attk)

Well I fused my 2x Ingus units earlier before coming in here, but I still have 2x Arc.

Dude thats two 5 star dual casting badasses

Im not sure when element chaining with 5 star units is gonna die out but for now its not a bad idea to hold onto them

Ingus..m his tm is mostly for hybrid mages and Ramzas... And if it can be stacked.... Ho baby

Lyrian

As someone who's mostly been lurking this thread, I just want to say congratulations to everyone who's getting solid pulls, but especially Lyrian, who I think has had among the worst overall luck of all the regulars here.

Taking it slow and steady with daily pulls, not enough lapis to do a 10+1 after my FFT expenditure. Excited to let friend unit Luneths carry me through content for a while~

Lyrain! We celebrating tonight Bruh,

Guys, today was a success, even if I didn't get Luneth...Lyrian, Xion, I am so happy for you!!!!

Told you guys this banner would be grWHAT THE FUCK DO I DO WITH 5 REFIA

Thank you all!

Chilly: If this wasn't my first base 5, my first real DPS unit, and trading units was a thing, I'd seriously consider trading with you for that Garnet. Lame gacha rules and all that.

Lyrian

Just because I stopped giving a crap about this game, it threw me all the characters in the banner, plus Kuja, Chizuru, Gaffgarion, Maria and Vaan. Good stuff!

As always, the Desire Sensor is real. Doubly so, when it works in reverse.

So here it goes.

Congratulations to everyone on their amazing pulls, especially if you managed to pull that elusive 5* base character! Nice to see some of you having great luck, my condolences to those that aren't. :(

That's the plan! I definitely need a breather after those horrible pulls.

The sooner they implement that crystal change, the better. Honestly, whenever I see a gold crystal now it actually upsets me, since I know it's just a trash unit hiding behind it.

Yeah, I refuse to give them a single cent until they change the way the crystals work. I just hope Gumi doesn't drag their feet in making the change.

I'm so sorry you ended up pulling a whammy on this banner. I'm always afraid of that happening and it truly sucks to everyone who ends up on the wrong side of RNGesus that morning :/

It will happen, with almost guaranteed certainty. That said, the change is still quite a few months away...

Do we believe that 'troll golds' are intentional by Gumi or if they just haven't been properly balanced since power creep has taken hold? Or if it's just the nature of having a lot of base 4 units?

All of the above.

Troll golds exist because there aren't enough units yet to create a diverse pool to warrant the change. With such a small pool, it would be too easy (in Gumi's eyes) to draw the 4* or 5* base unit that you want. When the population of 4* and 5* base units in the general drawing pool reaches the quantity of 3* base units that Global had at launch, then the change will occur. That's still a long way away though :/

Yeah, I refuse to give them a single cent until they change the way the crystals work. I just hope Gumi doesn't drag their feet in making the change.

Gumi(SEA) dragged their ass 6 extra months to implement the "God Summoning Gate" in Brave Frontier Global. I have zero faith that Gumi will implement the crystal change in the time frame that Alim set up.

I'm not spending money yet. They are getting my money with FFXV at the end of the month (at least SE is anyway), but besides that nah not quite yet

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
So thinking about the future updates and where we stand now.

Next banner is looking to be the BF one.

PvP and Missions will probably be coming out sometime this month.

Following can really only be FFXIII or Zero, most like FFXIII since those units are coming out pretty late in comparison.

3 more spots left, 077 602 847

EDarkness

Gumi(SEA) dragged their ass 6 extra months to implement the "God Summoning Gate" in Brave Frontier Global. I have zero faith that Gumi will implement the crystal change in the time frame that Alim set up.

Well, I hope that things fall enough at some point to get them to get off of their ass to change it. I'm not spending a dime on this thing until that's fixed. If more people took that stance, I'm sure they'd make changes.

Syntsui

Maranda Coast is driving me insane, this shit is just way too long but it's the best way to level up CoD. Fucking hell.

Also, couldn't resist and spent all my tickets (I won't waste the lapis yet, and I got 9 Arcs total).

Another thing to note is the crystal change happened recently for JP version (1 or 2 months ago). So even if Gumi does implement it in the same time it's still a far way off for global.

Maranda Coast is driving me insane, this shit is just way too long but it's the best way to level up CoD. Fucking hell.

Also, couldn't resist and spent all my tickets (I won't waste the lapis yet, and I got 9 Arcs total).

Yeah im swimming in Arcs too lol

I think i have 7 or 8

CCIE

Banned
Wow, don't use Esper on Green Dragon in ELT... almost took me out because "Espers make the Dragon Angry.."

No kidding...

UrSuLeTzU

I spent 10 tix + 250 lapis draw and I got: 4x Sabins(30% on that counter also one was a 4*), Cerius(4*), Kain(I sure as hell needed that 12th dupe), Russel(4* O\), Luna(to go along with my other 11 Lunas), Krile, Miyuki(4* and yay?) and finally the saving grace, a 4* Agrias which I pulled hard for in the FFT banner but I never got. I guess I'm fine with this.. for now and I'll be doing all the daily pulls since I haven't got any of the banner units yet.

P.s: I also got my first Overstrike Soul Break in the form of Tidus's Apocalipse over in FFRK(been super lucky lately there) and maybe RNGesus was watching and balanced my luck over in FFBE /O\.

chrono01

I'm so sorry you ended up pulling a whammy on this banner. I'm always afraid of that happening and it truly sucks to everyone who ends up on the wrong side of RNGesus that morning :/

It will happen, with almost guaranteed certainty. That said, the change is still quite a few months away...
Yeah, it feels bad. I was really looking forward to this banner, hence all of my saved tickets. I thought that, with 20, I would at least get Refia. She's the only one I really expected to get, as Luneth (being a 5* base) was but a dream. To not get her, along with any other new/useful character (aside from a few Ignus), is upsetting. I haven't used my energy all day, but I'll get around to it tonight.

Personal congrats to you, though, on your 5* pull! Nice to see you finally join that elusive club. I hope to be a member one day!

Well this is just depressing. :(

What exactly is the change everyone keeps mentioning.
Each crystal will give you a rarity based on their color.

So:

Blue = Guaranteed Base 3*
Gold = Guaranteed Base 4*
Rainbow = Guaranteed Base 5*

No more evolved 3* characters (I'm looking at you, Shadow) hiding behind a gold crystal, and if you do manage to get a rainbow one, you're definitely getting a 5* base character (and not an evolved lower tier). It makes seeing a gold/rainbow crystal even more exciting, since you know you're going to get something good out of it.

@jasminlovesyoux: It's when you summon and you get a gold/diamond crystal than it's guaranteed to give a 4*/5* base unit and not get trolled by a 3* unit but the 4*/5* version. It's was game changing when implemented over on the JP version.

Dealt with bosses. Crystal cracked.

MAXIMUM DISAPPOINTMENT ACHIEVED.

txLVlIa.png

That I actually have to level him up, lol.

Luneth in 2, WTF???

I can actually build a physical team finally? Nope, someone pinch me.

Indeed, Luneth, what the hell am I doing here at work today when I can be playing FFBE?

Congrats, that is super exciting!

CCIE

Banned
So much for ELT dungeon... I ran into the RED dragon, and he straight up OWNED me. I almost killed him, at which point he proceeded to wipe out virtually the entire team in one round.

I might try that again, but will wait until one of my stronger friend units is available

Lyrian

That's up to you honestly. I'm just saying I have zero faith that the crystal change will come in the time frame that Alim did.

All depends on if the flow of cash to Gumi starts drying up or not. The longer it doesn't, the longer Global will likely need to wait for the change to occur.

So thinking about the future updates and where we stand now.

Next banner is looking to be the BF one.

PvP and Missions will probably be coming out sometime this month.

Following can really only be FFXIII or Zero, most like FFXIII since those units are coming out pretty late in comparison.

3 more spots left, 077 602 847

Yeah, as you called it with a global exclusive to cover the lack of a Tilith 6*, it's starting to look like BF next is probably 2 banners away, as there is no stages tied to it (at least for the 1st banner). So, FF13 banner surely has to be next, especially with the leaked screenshot of Snow in English on a test account.

And that is why I farmed the "worst" TM in the game (according to Exvius Wiki).

7nTBWaj.png

Even he is surprised that someone farmed his TM.

Because once you experience this:

UTX5ZMd.png

You're never, ever, going to raise any unit again without the Egg equipped. Period. It's not even close.

Goddamn, I did my first 11 pull (Got an Arc and my 2nd Refia) and now I want to keep doing them. I've got a bunch of lapis saved up since I spent $50 on lapis like 3 months ago and I've been very stingy with it, but now that I've done one I want to do MORE. Hopefully I can control myself even though one more 11 pull wouldn't bankrupt me. Hmm...

Also did some ticket pulls (11) and got my 2nd rainbow crystal ever and it turned out to be my first Chizuru which I'm pretty happy about. Really wish it would have been Luneth though.

Whales

Banned
Goddamn, I did my first 11 pull (Got an Arc and my 2nd Refia) and now I want to keep doing them. I've got a bunch of lapis saved up since I spent $50 on lapis like 3 months ago and I've been very stingy with it, but now that I've done one I want to do MORE. Hopefully I can control myself even though one more 11 pull wouldn't bankrupt me. Hmm...

Also did some ticket pulls (11) and got my 2nd rainbow crystal ever and it turned out to be my first Chizuru which I'm pretty happy about. Really wish it would have been Luneth though.

YEah. I did my first 11 pull today too but got trash ( bundled with refia... But still a lot of trash)

Was kinda tempted to buy that 18k lapis pack and try doing more 11 pulls... Noped out. To be honest, lapis is insanely overpriced... You could spend over 500$ easily and NOT get the character you want from a banner... No such character is worth that much IMO.

Probably early but Any tips on ELT? I beat PRO but that green dragon definitely took a lot to kill (especially fighting it twice cause I didn't have an escape)

Lyrian

So much for ELT dungeon... I ran into the RED dragon, and he straight up OWNED me. I almost killed him, at which point he proceeded to wipe out virtually the entire team in one round.

I might try that again, but will wait until one of my stronger friend units is available

Haven't tried ELT yet, but according to this page --> Link, each colored dragon triggers a Rage move upon a certain action, which is pretty much instant death if it occurs. Red seems to be the worst, as its rage mode is triggered by using any ability. Green triggers on magic use, and Yellow on limit breaks. All three colors trigger on any esper evoke (dammit Gumi).

Congrats, that is super exciting!

So happy for you Lyrian ; ;

Thank you!

I have two of this motherfucker,does it stacked? I may farm him one day.

Yes. yes it does. Getting guaranteed "Great Success" on every exploration is pretty sweet, but moving up to guaranteed "Amazing Success" on every exploration is just outright stupid.

I pulled two more Medii during the Halloween banner. Hrmm....

Probably early but Any tips on ELT? I beat PRO but that green dragon definitely took a lot to kill (especially fighting it twice cause I didn't have an escape)

Buy smoke bombs

Youll lose way too many resources fighting encounters on your way to the boss

I posted a boss strategy earlier

Xion86

Okay event done and got the Trust Moogle! That was not bad at all, glad we don't have to grind for weeks. Can focus on levelling Luneth, Reifa, Arc and CoD. I do want Esper crystals though hmm, but think that can wait.

Oh well done Lyrian! Think i really want that TM now!

Pejo

Wait, Maranda Coast is the best NRG/Unit XP ratio now? Crap!

Lyrian

Sell me on Garnet Lyrian lol

Lie to me about a 6* version

Whisper to you sweet nothings?

Garnet seems to be a character that was built with a 6* in mind somewhere down the road.

Shintoki logically slapped me upside the head when we debated this a few weeks ago. There's two possibilities how she could improve:

1) Summoning: She's pretty much top tier in that regard already at 5*, as she is second to her in the game for raw summoning damage next to Rydia. But, she blows away Rydia by far in terms of raw summoning speed because of High Tide. Not really sure where she can get a direct upgrade here, but I believe that she will get an indirect upgrade in this department via 3* espers when they are released. If 2--> 3* espers are on the power level of 5 --> 6* unit upgrades, the damage increase will be huge. (Incidentally, when that happens, Rydia will get an equal upgrade as well).

Also, a 6* LB for her should equate to an automatic complete fill of the summoning bar.

2) White Magic: She's got a lot of room for growth here. 5* Garnet's one glaring flaw is that she requires farming an Esuna TM for her to be really be useful as a White Mage. If she gets Esunaga as a 6 * (that's not much of a request there for a 6*), then her largest flaw will be addressed, and any other White Mage abilities will just be gravy (which may be minimal as she has Curaja and Raise enhancements on JP already).

S4 ADV is trolling me... I just want a blood sword but have to fight my 5th (not exaggerating) group of wyrms in one run. For me beating them is very rng dependent unfortunately :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom