• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I think Xande is a bit harder than Goblez, but the event is far easier in the sense that you don't have 4 bosses before it. But I also still think they are roughly the same par. Goblez's death could fuck up your team and Xande's time stop is the one this time, where it is really dependent on RNG. Sort of like Snort was for the Branch trial.

I'm really hoping Maze comes back next week. We haven't had one in a while and if this is a two week banner. Would be a perfect time.

leehom

Is this banner two weeks long? Going to try for Refia via daily pulls. If I don't get her on the last day, will use all my tickets.

leehom

I think Xande is a bit harder than

I killed Golbez on first try. If we can't kill Xande by the fourth turn, there's a very high chance he'll decimate our team. I know from experience, lol.

Btw, would Celes sealing blade stop his meteor and aoe stop??

Valentus

If you have a lightning or luneth leader dont use chiji, Xande has 20% fire resistance.

The best is use save the Queen or enhacer that with luneth is like using a save the queen

I decided to run through the event with this bit of talk about the boss. Having my own Lightning coupled with a friends Lightning made it a cake walk. I'm unsure if the boss used this Stop spell or not when I fought him, but not a single one of my units was ever stopped. Leave it up to RNG I guess.

Here's my simple strat,
Lightning - crushing blow
Lenna - Cheer
Cecil - Focus
WoL - Full Break
Kefka - Hyper drive
Friend lightning - crushing blow

Hit repeat till the boss died except i healed when necessary.

Thinking about the event, if I recall one of the chests in the first room of sealed chests never unlocked. Do I go back into it after I've cleared the whole thing to get whatever it is?

Ran back in on the 3 NRG easy mode, last chest did unlock and it's a Golden Staff.

shintoki

sparkle this bitch
I killed Golbez on first try. If we can't kill Xande by the fourth turn, there's a very high chance he'll decimate our team. I know from experience, lol.

Btw, would Celes sealing blade stop his meteor and aoe stop??

Meteor you need to defend on. Nothing else seems to work. Even with Focus and Barfira up. It still ate through my Buttz and Chizzy, with Leanna barely surviving.

The timestop, I'm unsure. Basically it was hope I had enough damage in by the time the 5th turn roles around. 6* Cecil basically carried.

Goblez on the other hand between the Paralysis and AoE death could fuck you up worse, when 5 out of 6 six party get one shotted. But he was easier to damage. Unlike Xande who doesn't kick it up till his 4th turn.

For today, I'm going to go through more of the story to unlock Aquatic Cove. It seems to be the best for MegaCryst farming since it drops both Ice and Light and I'm going to need more of them for the new sets of rings when they release. Since every one uses Light and Dark. Not planning for the Exceed of course, but I would like to deck out my Melee with some boss Attack

Did everyone miss my massive guide again :(

Good tips for Xande

Fullbreak/focus/cheer/shellga

Dont use excalibur

Bring Holy torch or dispel

Good luck and try to kill him in 4 turns

Xion86

I didn't even realise Xande was the last boss :/ thought there were a few to go (remember seeing a post about a dragon, but probably one I Escaped on). Beat him first try thanks to a Lightning friend. My other units were Cecil (Provoke and buffs), Kefka (Hyperdrive), CoD (Barrage, but didn't do much), Tellah (needed raise a few times! And spells), Leena (Cheer and cures). I used Impreil and Dispel but not sure if it helped. Lightning finished him off after my other units got stopped when he was about to die.

I kept switching my TM party last night, confused what to do with hmm, got Cecil, Cecil, Alma, Alma, Zidane right now, Not sure if I should go for the sword or get another Dualcast or MAG boost.

Rixa

Did everyone miss my massive guide again :(

Good tips for Xande

Fullbreak/focus/cheer/shellga

Dont use excalibur

Bring Holy torch or dispel

Good luck and try to kill him in 4 turns

Here it is.
Took it another browser for later use :D. Plan is to slap Ultima to Exdeath and use it, so Exdeath instead of Ramza. Otherwise close to same group, maybe Lenna to Refia if I get enough levels to Refia and Agrias to Vaan for FB.

Vaan - Full break.
Cecil - Focus
Refia - Cheer (DC)
Exdeath - Ultima (DC)
Kefka - Hyperdrive

Depending when I get the Dual Casts, I may use them too.

Valentus

Full break is kinda useless here, because xandes meteor is Too strong for taking the damage undefended, with or without full break.

The elemental resistance is more importante here (cod veil or barfira/barstonra) and Focus.

Timestop is the killswitch here, its almost unbearable for 99% of people here

Full break is kinda useless here, because xandes meteor is Too strong for taking the damage undefended, with or without full break.

The elemental resistance is more importante here (cod veil or barfira/barstonra) and Focus.

Timestop is the killswitch here, its almost unbearable for 99% of people here

Xande RESIST damage reduction part of the breaks but does not resist the DEF/SPR reduction

Which is why you want to use Full Break (or if you have Delita.. use his enhanced breaks) so that you have an easier time killing him quickly

Speed is the name of the game. You cant focus too hard on defense and barfira is actually a waste since his first 4 turns wont be flooded with fire attacks

The GOAL is to kill in 4 turns. Depending on your setup many of your units will have to defend on Turn 2 depending on how much HP they have. Focus and Shellga will allow most powerful units to survive the Meteor and allow you to DPS on that round. For example in my run I only had to defend with Kefka and Lenna

So in conclusion Full Break is incredibly useful for getting the maximum DPS in teh first 3 turns.

* I should note that having a Tank that can draw or block attacks (Charlotte and 6 star Cecil are preferable) is very important

Valentus

We dont know how much of the reduction is (if it is 30% or less) but i dont think wasting a spot on a unit that only Will do one skill and the Next 3 turns wont do any contribution to the attack could be useful.

Even more if you dont have a roided party. Full break wont save you of timestop or quake.

Shadow for me today. Ah well... the hunt continues. It actually works out okay since I'm going to spend the next couple of days getting Arc and Ingus leveled. I also just realized I pulled a Kain yesterday, so I might level him up as well.

With everyone leveled, I should be rolling with this team (all maxed and 6* where applicable):

White Witch Fina - healer, Shiva
Cecil - tank/healer, Golem
Arc - mage, Ramuh
Black Cat Lid - physical, Ifrit
Agrias/Ingus - FB support, Diabolos

I go back and forth between Ingus and Agrias. I'll probably go with Ingus for the magic chains until Agrias gets her 6*.

All in all, it's not a powerhouse team, but with a solid friend unit it seems to do the trick. And I have a few 6* units on the bench when their upgrades are released (Kefka, Bartz, Exdeath).

We dont know how much of the reduction is (if it is 30% or less) but i dont think wasting a spot on a unit that only Will do one skill and the Next 3 turns wont do any contribution to the attack could be useful.

Even more if you dont have a roided party. Full break wont save you of timestop or quake.

I never made it to Time stop

I broke down exactly how my fight went earlier. You are correct in that A full break unit that isnt Agrias will struggle to contribute to DPS after applying the break though

I mean if you have an Unit that can dish out heavy single target damage than you can likely get by. Still any setup you come up with that cant kill in 4 turns is going to be at the mercy of RNG

SO if you know you cant kill than yes. Stacking defense is the only other option but you are still lowering your chances of survival.

Lyrian

Thanks for the support guys, means a lot. :)

I'm sorry that you got the very short end of the stick this time around. As others have mentioned, luck will come back around to you. I've had generally crap luck since launch, and this time luck finally smiled on me. Next time, it could be you. Just let the frustration roll off. It may take some time, but there will always be greater things in this game to get angry about than a few bad pulls.

Oh man, that would make everything alright. Yes, all would be forgiven.

i could download from playstore, browse on memu, play naruto on it.
it just for some reason, FFBE is not using or using really few data when "Loading" after every updates.
help me check settings->app->ffbe is it less than 100mb?
77mb for app, 10mb for data, 5mb for cache.

sOUhg06.png

Your numbers suggest an incomplete installation, as my numbers as shown in the pic are much higher.

--- Daily pulls:

1/2 price: GOLD.... Shantotto. Okay for a troll, I guess.
Ticket: Shantotto again?????

Game is trying to heavily discourage that second Golden Egg farming....

Rixa

I never made it to Time stop

I broke down exactly how my fight went earlier. You are correct in that A full break unit that isnt Agrias will struggle to contribute to DPS after applying the break though

I mean if you have an Unit that can dish out heavy single target damage than you can likely get by. Still any setup you come up with that cant kill in 4 turns is going to be at the mercy of RNG

SO if you know you cant kill than yes. Stacking defense is the only other option but you are still lowering your chances of survival.

I was thinking that my Vaan can be Turbo Ether slave. If I do that fight with Dual Cast Ultima :p

Edit: My daily was 3* Medius (dupe).

linkent

Your numbers suggest an incomplete installation, as my numbers as shown in the pic are much higher.

--- Daily pulls:

1/2 price: GOLD.... Shantotto. Okay for a troll, I guess.
Ticket: Shantotto again?????

Game is trying to heavily discourage that second Golden Egg farming....

that means it is really about data not downloading.
really dont know what to do.
tried on my laptop, same problem.
maybe my isp somehow block the connection to the game server. zzz

Lyrian

that means it is really about data not downloading.
really dont know what to do.
tried on my laptop, same problem.
maybe my isp somehow block the connection to the game server. zzz

If the same problem is occurring across multiple devices, then maybe your ISP is blocking the game server's IP (assuming you are not using anything other than the default settings on your router?

Perhaps someone who has a bit more experience here than I can help you set up a VPN to get around this (if this is indeed the problem)?

<--- Some idiot here signed up for a 10 hour training session that starts in 25 minutes so I'm going off the grid for most of the day.

And yes, two Luneths chaining off each other (similar to two Lightnings) is absolutely stupid in damage output.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Daily Pull - Clyne xD

More important i was able to clear Crystal Tower Pro on my 3rd attempt - first 2 attempts went south because my team was defense oriented, but you really want to finish him off in like 4 turns...the Time XYZ attack was always the end for me. So i switch my squad and went with 3xdps,Lenna, Kefka (for Escape) and the obv OP 6* Friend w. Diablos. Worked out....yeah

Celegus

Daily was crap Krile, but got a Firion with my daily ticket!! I already have dual wield (only 1 sadly) and barrage, what other TMs are worth getting for him?

Syrus

Banned
Add me everyone especially Luneth players

Kefka atm. Next month ill have 6 star exdeath , 6 star cecil and 6 star refia

cw_sasuke

Damn Chrono - sucks that this banner wasnt succesful so far for you. Really reminds me of Zidane and Cecil banner for me where i wasnt able to get anything useful in +20/30 pulls. But the Banner is still going on for 2 weeks - while the pulls sucks if you are still able to get Refia or Luneth this would change a lot.

Honestly thats also one of the points why i dont try to hoard too much tickets or Lapis - it sounds stupid but if you save up a lot and burn them all on a event looking fir that specific Top Tier unit...and dont get the unit - well thats a shitty feeling. Gacha can be cruel.

PS. Leveling a 6* via Vortex of Experience is the worst...just above lvl 50 and i already need multiple runs for one level up :-/

Edit:

Rixa....i wonder if it makes more sense to run some of the Exploration stages for exp. If i team up with your Kefka i can one shot every encounter. This takes more time but might be better than going for Vortex exp. Hmm.....

scarlet

I don't know what's wrong with my iPad. But sometimes I received a delayed rewards, like a reward for Tuesday and I received it on Friday. It's been like this for months

But not just that, today I actually did 3 daily pull since this banner.

Rixa

Edit:

Rixa....i wonder if it makes more sense to run some of the Exploration stages for exp. If i team up with your Kefka i can one shot every encounter. This takes more time but might be better than going for Vortex exp. Hmm.....

If you need Ice MC, do Maranda coast.

- Bring Tent
- Use Thundara
- Stay in ZONE 1 until you have 2,926 Gil;
- Proceed to and stay in ZONE 2 until you have 7,334 Gil;
- Defeat the boss (use Hyperdrive or couple Thundagas).
- Max xp 60064

KeRaSh

Chamber of Awakening PRO is killing me. I can stand the mind numbing exploration EXP grind because I can see the energy going towards actual progress but this Sacred Crystal lottery is fucked up.

cw_sasuke

If you need Ice MC, do Maranda coast.

- Bring Tent
- Use Thundara
- Stay in ZONE 1 until you have 2,926 Gil;
- Proceed to and stay in ZONE 2 until you have 7,334 Gil;
- Defeat the boss (use Hyperdrive or couple Thundagas).
- Max xp 60064

Thanks man.

That sounds really good - Tent as in one refresh is enough to deal with all encounters on that stage ? And yeah i need Ice MC so this fits perfect...actually i also running low on Earth Cores but doesnt seem like they drop on that stage.

Have you tried the newer Exploration for Crystal farming yet..Mytic Woods or Lake Dorr ?

Edit: Also im a fool and missed out on getting Cactuars and Co. via Friendpulls - didnt know that event already ended :-/
This in addition to Cactuar last week - they really didnt want us to level up our Luneth, CoDs and Refias easily lol.

creid

My team for Xande was

Cecil
Agrias
Ramza
Kefka
Lenna

Friend Lightning with around 500 attack

Turn 1

Cecil Focus
Agrias Full Break
Ramza Ultima
Kefka Hyperdrive
Lenna Cheer
Lightning Crushing blow

Its important to know hit timing for your strikes and at least attempt to sync them for some bonus damage

Turn 2

Cecil Provoke
Agrias Cleansing Strike
Ramza Ultima
Kefka Defend
Lenna Defend
Lightning Crushing blow

Turn 2 is Meteor round. I suggest defending with any unit that doesnt have 3k or more HP. Some people have said it hit them for 5k meaning they likely didnt have Focus up

Turn 3

Cecil Curaja
Agrias Cleansing Strike
Ramza Ultima
Kefka Hyperdrive
Lenna Curaja
Lightning Crushing Blow

Heal and damage round. Simple stuff. Having double Curaja helps a lot after taking the Meteor hit. Focus and Cheer end on this turn

Turn 4

Dispel! Dispel his damn buff and finish him off

All units on deck to end the fight! As long as you get rid of the buff you should be able to end the fight here. If not kiss your attempt goodbye unless you are super lucky
This + 600ATK Lightning friend made for an easy fight. Thanks!

Rixa

Thanks man.

That sounds really good - Tent as in one refresh is enough to deal with all encounters on that stage ? And yeah i need Ice MC so this fits perfect...actually i also running low on Earth Cores but doesnt seem like they drop on that stage.

Have you tried the newer Exploration for Crystal farming yet..Mytic Woods or Lake Dorr ?

Edit: Also im a fool and missed out on getting Cactuars and Co. via Friendpulls - didnt know that event already ended :-/
This in addition to Cactuar last week - they really didnt want us to level up our Luneth, CoDs and Refias easily lol.

One tent is enough. When LB is ready use it instead of Thundara and if possbile use Osmose. Its 30 Fights + boss, Thundara is 9 MP my Kefka has +200 MP or something.
Not that far in story. Wind Shrine is supposedly good place but Tellaf / Terra for boss Raise (undead) and FIRA for trash. Random coloured Megacrysts (I think, havent done it).

CCIE

Banned
Damn, Lightning + 2 leveled ExDeath means no worrying at all about Needle Breath from the Wyrms... Dead before they can even use it ;)

If Ingus TM really stack (which has to be a bug because it makes no sense to treat it differently than Blade Mastery/Doublehand), it will make Exdeath a fucking monster indeed:

https://m.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExviu...h_stacking_ingus_tm_vs_stacking_shantotto_tm/

Dayum. The only downside is that you will need 3-4 of them, and I still haven't gotten my first TM. Without using something like Memu, how long would it take to manually grind out Ingus' TM given that I have 7 of him?

And given that I am an iOS player, the only non-manual option is the... errrr... cross switch thing, right? I think that's the name of it, but you know what I mean.

Muku

Well, did my daily pull. Hoping for that Arc. C'mon Arc, you're only one I'm missing from banner...

Yellow crystal right off the bat. Dear god, this is probably a troll crystal. I was afraid to crack it. I relunctantly did so..... Rosa! Well, I didn't have her, so I can't complain. :) Is she worth working on at some point?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom