• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
it really is freaking annoying how so much of the talk around this game centers around TM's and those whale 5* base units on forums and subreddit.

Like... it just makes me irrationally mad :p

Where is the f2p peasant friendly places at??

(im just mostly annoyed that my current living place's internet shuts off at night so I can't macro overnight).

Thats whats so awesome about the community here, sure we babble amount TMs but...its chill :)

bonkeng

I wouldn't say Luneth is close to on par even without stacking. It may knock Orlandu down a peg, but Luneth isn't going to be able to exploit elemental weakness like Orlandu can nuke a boss into oblivion.

But going in Luneth and Lightning's favor is they don't need Materia to be great. Both of them are better out of the box than the rest. They don't need Dual Weilding TM or to farm their own/others for the elemental chain. One of the things to consider when looking at Orlandu, Tidus, and Eileen since Altema takes TM's into account with ranking

Exactly my point. Luneth is better than Orlandu to the casual players (no hardcore tm farming). And even with TM famring, only the whales are able to gear Orlandu to his max potential.

Without TM, Luneth trumps Orlandu. With TM, Orlandu becomes a God.

So this banner is possibly the best for this year, assuming that next banner is FF XIII (Snow), FF Type-0 (Queen, Ace, Nine, Seven), FF V (Gilgamesh) ?

Yes. Top tier damage dealer + top tier healer, Good 3* units.

Only FFX banner can top this. OP Tidus comes with the ridiculously good 4* base Rikku.

Jeffrey

Man. I'd so whale this game so hard if the rates were a just a bit better.

Maybe if rainbow was 5% or something.

Until then I'll just casual f2p while putting my gacha habits in other games.

Glad I can now relax and go back to TM farming/magicite hunting. Found out what I was doing wrong and killed Xande in 4 turns. Had a quick question about the TM farming macros. Have they fixed it to work with friend and non friend lightnings loooooooooooong attack animations? if not then I guess I'll try and make my own,

Rootbeer

Banned
Exactly my point. Luneth is better than Orlandu to the casual players (no hardcore tm farming). And even with TM famring, only the whales are able to gear Orlandu to his max potential.

Without TM, Luneth trumps Orlandu. With TM, Orlandu becomes a God.

Yes. Top tier damage dealer + top tier healer, Good 3* units.

Only FFX banner can top this. OP Tidus comes with the ridiculously good 4* base Rikku.
I'll do dailies for FFXIII and similar banners. But yeah I'm excited about the FFX banner, whenever that comes around. I really want Tidus and Rikku!

Glad I pulled a Luneth... I don't want to heavily invest in TM farming (i'll be dabbling but I don't enjoy it as a concept). If I pull an Orlandu though... anything can happen!

This game has been INCREDIBLY generous to me so far... Lightning, Luneth, Dark Knight Cecil, and upgraded my two starter characters, Cecil and CoD, to 6* recently... I'm doing excellent in terms of units, but I'm not very pleased with my gear right now. I find myself struggling to complete ELT content, but I breeze through the rest. I wish TM farming weren't the main path towards fixing that. There's event gear too, which is nice.

I'm just thankful that the ELT rewards are usually things like Trust Moogles, which while helpful are definitely not that essential for most people.
No weapons at all.

https://exviuswiki.com/Tilith

Hat/Robe/Cloth only
WHAT THE FFF----

She's amazing!

And that's at only 5*... geeze

bonkeng

I'll do dailies for FFXIII and similar banners. But yeah I'm excited about the FFX banner, whenever that comes around. I really want Tidus and Rikku!

Glad I pulled a Luneth... I don't want to heavily invest in TM farming (i'll be dabbling but I don't enjoy it as a concept). If I pull an Orlandu though... anything can happen!

This game has been INCREDIBLY generous to me so far... Lightning, Luneth, Dark Knight Cecil, and upgraded my two starter characters, Cecil and CoD, to 6* recently... I'm doing excellent in terms of units, but I'm not very pleased with my gear right now. I find myself struggling to complete ELT content, but I breeze through the rest. I wish TM farming weren't the main path towards fixing that. There's event gear too, which is nice.

I'm just thankful that the ELT rewards are usually things like Trust Moogles, which while helpful are definitely not that essential for most people.

WHAT THE FFF----

She's amazing!

And that's at only 5*... geeze

Wow. You don't even need Orlandu and Tidus with that team.

I have 4 base 5*, but 3 are on the mediocre side (Lightning, Delita, Ramza x2) and will be powercreeped soon lol.

Still have 12 dailies. Here's hoping I'll get Refia at least. Luneth would be awesome though.

Rootbeer

Banned

I have 4 base 5*, but 3 are on the mediocre side (Lightning, Delita, Ramza x2) and will be powercreeped soon lol.

Still have 12 dailies. Here's hoping I'll get Refia at least. Luneth would be awesome though.

I'm fine not getting Orlandu. Would be cool, but I'm not gunning for him. Tidus though, I really love his sprite in this game. And I have a thing about the mainline FF protagonists. I'd just really like to have him in my deck of cards. The fact that he's an outstanding unit is just a bonus.

This is one of the reasons the inevitable FFVII, VIII and XV unit additions are going to be very enticing for me.

Good luck getting Refia. She was my first top-tier healer pull. I'm putting a lot of effort into maxing her out right now. I never managed to pull Lenna, Garnet, Rosa or Roselia (though I did pull Roselia yesterday... after Refia :p). She's a gamechanger for my team makeup.

mikemandey

Has anyone here ever got their linked dummy FB suspended? I keep hearing stories that some people couldn't login into the game because of this reason.

Another 10+1 pull. (I know, I know.) But: REFIA!

She arrived along with another 5* WoL and another Locke (???), some trash, and a ton of mostly fused dupes. I am done pulling for a long, long time, as I have been exceedingly fortunate (Lightning, Luneth, Ramza, Refia, and Cecil ... to say nothing of future-proof units like WoL, Vaan, Firion, Terra, Exdeath, and Kefka) and don't want to tempt fate.

I cannot wait to field a team of five 6*s, although it's going to take forever to level Luneth, Refia, and my still-3* Cecil.

Cybrwzrd

Banned

Lightning and Ramza are mediocre? I thought Light was marginally better than Luneth...

Cybrwzrd

Banned
No not Lightning. But Delita and my twin Ramza.

Ramza only gets better after his enhancement.

Hey, with the TM from those twin Ramza tho...

I guess I am in your situation as well tho, I have Light, DKC, and Ramza. I pulled hard for Luneth too, but I have a stable of TMs to level now.

Muku

She arrived along with another 5* WoL and another Locke (???), some trash, and a ton of mostly fused dupes. I am done pulling for a long, long time, as I have been exceedingly fortunate (Lightning, Luneth, Ramza, Refia, and Cecil ... to say nothing of future-proof units like WoL, Vaan, Firion, Terra, Exdeath, and Kefka) and don't want to tempt fate.

I cannot wait to field a team of five 6*s, although it's going to take forever to level Luneth, Refia, and my still-3* Cecil.

Congrats! Working on Refia ... oye. Such a long grind. Just got Arc and Ingus on my alt account to 4*.

Congrats! Working on Refia ... oye. Such a long grind. Just got Arc and Ingus on my alt account to 4*.

Thank you! And, oye -- an alt account?! I barely have enough time for proper care and feeding of my main account, along with managing Record Keeper. (I abandoned Mobius because it just took too long, honestly.)

It absolutely sucks to be in the "early 30s-grew up on FF-now have disposable income" target audience of these games, but I'll take a daily inject of FFBE each day over nearly anything else for the nostalgia kick alone.

chrono01

Congrats man! Nice to see it all worked out for you. :)

Congrats man! Nice to see it all worked out for you. :)

I'm not F2P. I want to make that clear, for your sake and for everyone else's. I haven't gone crazy, and I mentally justify things with, oh, this is the only game you play, which ... aside from FFRK, is basically true. I've been lucky, but it's come at a (mostly reasonable, thank god) price.

At the end of the day, I'm trading a night out with the girl I'm dating for a fictional white-robed priestess hugging a chocobo.

Anyway: I hope it works out for you too! The upside, if there's one, is that it really only takes one unit to shift the game itself ... and a lot of units will get 6* upgrades eventually. Having a dozen 6* Lightnings in my friend list carried me so far.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Daily Pull - Arc (new)
Ticket Pull - Ingus (new)

Pretty awesome - own all of the Banner units except Luneth now.

leehom

Can someone elaborate? Are we talking about sorting units? What does that have to do with long attack animations?

Daily was Tellah #2
Reward ticket was a gold Kain...
I meant filter. Remove six star and all six star units won't show up.

I said I was done with the banner, but I decided to try and get a second Arc for chain casting.
Daily: Galuf
Ticket: Ingus #3

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Daily Pull: Galuf (Gold Crystal)
Ticket Pull: Bedile
I'm so sorry. The game is just being evil to you at this point.

ghZA3L3.gif

Raika

Daily: Penelo
Ticket: Arc!!!

Done with this banner, got everything except Luneth. Time to save up for Orlandu. :v

across

Dunno how long this'll last, but the current energy bundle on the in-game shop is giving two 60 energy potions for 100 lapis instead of one. Almost certainly worth it.

Would be a clever, subtle way to siphon lapis out of users if it wasn't more likely some sort of error...

chrono01

I'm so sorry. The game is just being evil to you at this point.

ghZA3L3.gif
I'm trying to remain positive, I am. But every time I summon, it's another disappointment. I want to look past this, continue playing the game, and hope for the future, but I'm really finding it difficult to. I nearly missed out on my 50 daily Lapis today, since I didn't even bother to run any dungeons. I did, of course, gift all of those on my Friend List, I never forget to do that.

As I said earlier, I'm not unfamiliar with bad gatcha pulls. However, with FFBE, this is the longest I've ever gone without getting anything substantial in-return, and with a lot of spent Lapis because of it. I'm not exactly being showered with Lapis, so it's kind of a luxury for me right now, and I'd rather not reach into my wallet, since the prices are insane in Canada. When I summon 35+ times, and the best I have to show for it are three Ignus (I wish I was joking, but I'm not), and I begin to have doubts as to whether or not to keep this game on my phone. I know I'm just unlucky, as the rates are supposedly not as bad as they seem to be for me, but it doesn't make it any less painful for me.

I feel so defeated. I always log back in thinking another pull will fix things and everything will return to normal (and it doesn't). Then I just get more disappointment. I'm really not sure what I'll do with this game, and if I'll even continue playing it. I've already decided that, despite Tilith and FFXIII's banners coming up (presumably), that I'll continue doing my daily pulls in the hopes of a Refia. If I don't get her, or any other useful new unit between now and the time the banner ends, I'll probably uninstall the game and move on (which is unfortunate, since I had a lot of fun with it and the community here is awesome). As it is, playing the game just upsets me. If I could look past the horrible pulls it wouldn't be so bad, but I can't (especially when the new content will start demanding better healers, DPS, etc.).

Anyway, sorry for the wall-of-text and the negativity. I'm not usually like this, which just goes to show how demoralizing this banner has been for me. :/

CCIE

Banned
Spent a ticket - got Arc!!! Done with this banner, unless I decide to make another daily on a whim. Also bought two energy bottle bundle for 100. Was going to do an energy refill for TM anyway. Hopefully there will be another tomorrow

chrono01

Spent a ticket - got Arc!!! Done with this banner, unless I decide to make another daily on a whim. Also bought two energy bottle bundle for 100. Was going to do an energy refill for TM anyway. Hopefully there will be another tomorrow
Nicely done! d(^_^)v

CCIE

Banned
Chrono - your luck will turn. If you want, if things continue to go badly for you, I may give you my original account, which is now my ALT. I just pulled two Arc, two Ingus, another Terra, and another Cecil on it. Just let me know if it keeps you from quitting

chrono01

Chrono - see my edit
Thanks CCIE, I appreciate it. :)

Ideally, I'd like to stay with my account if at all possible (I put in so much time ;_;), but if it ever comes to me quitting or not, I'll definitely let you know! I haven't really decided one way or another yet, as giving up has never been my thing. I usually prefer to see things through, so I'm going to try to remain with my account as is, so this is really difficult for me. :/

I might just switch and be casual until things turn around, focusing on the easy events and doing story content as it's released, logging in for the daily bonus/items and getting my in-game currency/pulls gradually over time. Basically, take things as they come, and not get wrapped up in getting something specific.

cw_sasuke

If all DLC came tied to $13 figurines, I'd consider all DLC to be free
Always try to remember

1) you could be only one pull away from a Uber unit (Zidane, Lightning, Luneth, Cecil etc.)
2) you likely already own a couple units that will get 6* evolution soonish
3) thanks to the Community we have OP friends at our disposal helping us clear even the toughest content

I just pulled two Arc, two Ingus, another Terra, and another Cecil on it.
You went from never getting any tanks to getting two of the premier tank... after making the switch to your Lightning account. Damn gacha games and their hidden desire sensors!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom