• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skii

Man this is getting so annoying. Whenever I'm starting to make progress, I'm always met with the "your item capacity has been reached" forcing me to buy more storage for fucking materials. 100 lapis every time. This has to easily be one of the least satisfying ways of forcing your customer to spend premium currency on space. I don't even know what any of these materials do or where I'd need so I don't even know if I can just get rid of them or not.

So frustrating.

Man this is getting so annoying. Whenever I'm starting to make progress, I'm always met with the "your item capacity has been reached" forcing me to buy more storage for fucking materials. 100 lapis every time. This has to easily be one of the least satisfying ways of forcing your customer to spend premium currency on space. I don't even know what any of these materials do or where I'd need so I don't even know if I can just get rid of them or not.

So frustrating.

In reality and in its own way, the more space you have, the more you can stock up on excess items which you can then sell for ridiculous returns. I have nearly 5 million gil that stems from the sale of excess items alone. Additionally, whenever you need to level up or when new items become available for crafting for events, its likely you'll have a decent amount of some of the materials needed.

Lyrian

Haha - really happy to see you wit Luneth. Congrats again - i will need some time to get used to this because you were always Artemios for me xD

Dont forget us now you are part of the 5*Base club xD .

I have a soft spot for Artemios, but the gap between him and Luneth is just massive. It's not even remotely close. Finally had to give up the Artemios lead on the Halloween even, as it was designed to shut him down hard. Now, with Luneth, there is no reason to put him back up.

Power creep in this game is just silly. Going into the Halloween event, I was happy that I pulled Vaan so that I could seperate Full Break from the tank unit (WoL). Then came 6* Cecil, and then Agrias off-banner. And then Vaan was benched. Now, there's Luneth. On some degree, I'm still trying to wrap my head around how fast my "A" team has developed over the last 2.5 weeks.

Lyrian....so proud!! ; ;

That Rydia... so impressive, nice Lyrian.

Yeah considering my edgar chained Ultima at 700magic hits for 40k on high end enemies?

Yeah bro. Rydia is legit. TotalLY gettingbtwo auto limit TMs and playing around with it. I think Ramza has entrust as well

Is there anything Ramza cant do?

So is Rydia a better "summoner" than Garnet at this point?

Thanks for the vote of confidence!

DrRob pretty much nailed it in his analysis. Rydia generates higher damage, but Garnet is the faster summoner because of High Tide.

The two of them are pretty much yin and yang to each other, which is rather unusual. That said, Garnet is extremely difficult to get up to speed on Global until 4* pots become a thing. Even then, their current 5* forms give each of them some very glaring shortcomings in exchange for their potential power. Rydia's shortcomings are somewhat overcomeable as summoning doesn't rely on the mage's stats, which allows for some holes to be plugged. For Garnet, until she gets her 6*, she needs an Esuna TM farmed (Maria) to even be a compentent healer. It is very strange that instead of giving her a 6* form, they gave her 2 enhancements that might as well otherwise be a 6* form.

This tends to make me believe that like 5* Shantotto insane power with significant shortcomings, the devs still do not want a 6* summoner in the game and are using these units' very low HP pools as a hard balance against their potential ridiculous power. This is the complete polar opposite of Ramza, who has near perfect flexibility into almost any role in the game at the moment.

I didn't have Lyrian. Sent request
Added your second account into the last open slot I have at the moment.

Lyrian

Was updating on my Excel sheet for the game.

Decided to share my note page on the upcoming schedule.

Random Notes
-Possibility of Gumi resorting back to 2 weeks banners for a bit to allow Content to catch up to units. Halloween/FFIII, Good chance both FFXIII and FFZero will be Two weeks also, but with half and half of the characters ala FFT.

Tentative Outlook

Nov 4th thru 17th
-FFIII Banner
-700 Lapis Through Dailies,
-450 Lapis thru Daily rewards
-4 Tickets thru Daily Rewards(Additional 9 daily pulls acquired)
-Event second week, Odds on return of Maze(6months since previous)
-Facebook/Twitter Share campaign(Ticket???)

Nov 18th Thru Dec 2nd/9th

-FFXIII Banner and FFBF banner
-1050 Lapis thru 1400 Lapis thru Dailies
-Remaining 3 tickets and an additional 150 Lapis thru Daily Rewards
-FFXIII Mog King, FFBF Normal.
-Chances are FFXIII followed by FFBF(Mog King -> Standard - Mog King)

Dec 2nd/9th Thru 16th/23rd.

-FFZero Banner, Mog King Event.
-Good chance to combine FFZero Banner 1 and 2 into a single two week event.

Remaining possible banners and events for year
-FFV Banner(Dungeon)/Christmas Event(Most likely Mog King event)
-JPN Special for 10k Lapis and 3 Rainbow Crystals

Calculations for monthly Avg

-1500 Lapis thru Dailies per month
-Avg(2 Months of 800 Lapis, 2 months of 600 Lapis, 1 month of 500 Lapis thru Daily rewards, add on 300 Lapis now for additional 3 days). 1000 Lapis per month thru daily rewards.
-Tickets per month(Low 2, High 8, Avg 4 Thru Dailies)
+++10 Daily Pulls + 4 Ticket Pulls Min per month+++

New content(Low 5 Dungeons, High 8) Avg, 7. Additional 700 Lapis

Banner details
FFXIII Banner - Not worth it anymore outside of Snow(4*) and Lightning(5*) due to FFIII. Better to save.
-Need knuckle to make use of Snow and Snow TM, Xaio TM, or Gale Key #1.

FFBF - Dailies only, possibly exclusive Global(Confirmed)
-Wait till Tilith 6*.
-Karl and Seria TM's good for Attack/Tanks

FFZero - No conclusion yet, doesn't seem overly worthwhile. Better to Save.

Kudos for putting this together. Very nicely done.

-- There's enough units in the FF13 banner that it can be split, as there are 3 base 4* units present. LIghtning, of course, will be the 5* chance "second chance" unit.

Possible:

Week 1: Lightning, Snow, Sazh
Week 2: Ligntning, Hope, Vanille, Fang

Of course, there could be one single banner, but that would raise a global uproar as 3* base 4s at the same time would break down to the same percentage (within a few tenths of a percent) as drawing a Lightning.

-- FFBF should immediately follow FF13 as the Mog King cooldown event.

-- FF 0 doesn't have enough units for a split banner, so it definitley will be a 2 week Mog King event.

-- Which leads to... ???? The next exploration event on the JP release list is FF5.

-- Which would conveniently lead into a well-timed Christmas/New Years 2 week Mog King event.

Lyrian

Thanks for the hugs and kind words, still hard to swallow though...

That was really rough :/

I am always constantly petrified of doing that on my account. Double sucks that not only was it an accident., that you also crapped out on the 11 pull as well :/

Alkez

Do you o_O

You should i would imagine. Let me clean up my list here

UPDATE : OK I just opened 5 Slots

Add me if you havent Fools! 746 132 519

Sent you a friend request :)

Thanks, did downlod it :p. Now to test, I think I will do so that I run Entrance depleting nrg as fast as I can and let the nrg come back during night (being 73 level, soon 74 has some advantages).

I've been using this app for about a month now. I find it works really well, haven't had any issues so far.

Chrono this is a bit late (just caught up on everything that's been going on here) but I had a similar experience a few months ago. I was trying to get a Terra for no other reason than I like the character. I pulled about 30 times and all I got was garbage. Meanwhile everyone else seemed to have about 4 of her because she's a 3* whose name is not Zidane lol. It happened at a point where things weren't going well for me in real life so even though it wasn't a big deal it felt like the game was kicking me while I was down. In the end I spent money because I just needed a win on something that is supposed to make me happy. I managed to get her (on my last pull as well) but it didn't remove the bitterness I felt towards the game. Honestly, that didn't go away for a while. But I kept playing, or at least I logged in every day, and eventually I began to love the game again (even with the trash 11 pull I got on this banner lol). I know it sucks atm but don't stop even if you don't pull Refia. And if you need to vent GAF is always here to listen :)

I've become obsessed with the idea of creating the ultimate healer with Refia and its going to ruin me.

Magi Rod dual wield
Lordly Robe
Cat Hat
Dual Cast and 3X Mentality.

STOP ME BEFORE I WASTE ALL THE TIME ON BETTER TMS

I've become obsessed with the idea of creating the ultimate healer with Refia and its going to ruin me.

Magi Rod dual wield
Lordly Robe
Cat Hat

Mine will have Dual Cast, Sticky Fingers x1, Lordly Robe, and some other stuff minor stuff like BCL tm head piece. If you have the time and already obtained tm's for your dps I'd say go for it.

tuffymon

Magi Rod dual wield
Lordly Robe
Cat Hat

NO, I WONT STOP YOU, THIS WAY I CAN USE YOUR HEALER AND PUT IN ANOTHER DD!

Valentus

Chilly why your leader is that horrible refia without hood

And bdw, the ultimate refia should be:

Lennas rod
Aegis shield
Creepy mask
Lordly robes
Candy basket
Muscle belt

Equip heavy shield materia
Hp+30
Concentration
Concentration

Chilly why your leader is that horrible refia without hood

And bdw, the ultimate refia should be:

Lennas rod
Aegis shield
Creepy mask
Lordly robes
Candy basket
Muscle belt

Equip heavy shield materia
Hp+30
Concentration
Concentration

My other Aegis is going to WoL damnit!

Do we known if BCL TM moves faster than regular TMs?

Acerac

Banned
Dwarves Forge is the best place, but the enemies are kinda tough for leveling, so you better take a Tent, tons of Ethers and hope your friend unit can OHKO the boss.

Thanks for the tip. Luckily I'm leveling a Black Cat Lid that can hit the boss with status effects and a Demon Rain that has well over 300 attack and is steadily increasing so I help a little bit with runs.

Celegus

Yo, yooooooooo this thread is frightening. Holy shit, the amount of cash some have spent on this banner alone is insane. INSANE. I've spent money on this game as a whole but reading that some people have spent $450+ on this banner alone is crazy. Gumi breaking bank lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...e_went_from_47_to_11_in_top_grossing_apps_in/

I got Luneth and only spent $7!
I bought FF III on the play store during the sale. Too bad I can't yank him out of there and plop him into Exvius..

Lyrian

Yo, yooooooooo this thread is frightening. Holy shit, the amount of cash some have spent on this banner alone is insane. INSANE. I've spent money on this game as a whole but reading that some people have spent $450+ on this banner alone is crazy. Gumi breaking bank lol.

https://www.reddit.com/r/FFBraveExv...e_went_from_47_to_11_in_top_grossing_apps_in/

Many, many people were waiting for this banner as the one to whale for since the Lightning banner.

Just wait until the Orlandu FFT banner. Oh boy...

So I pulled again because I've no self control and got a Yellow crystal with a Refia!

I could cry.

Congrats!

I'm pretty excited actually, FF III is the only not-online one I've never played. Got Refia on Friday and Arc today, plus I use CoD, so it'll be fun to learn more about them!

I played through FF III about 1 1/2 times: first, on an old NES emulator, using a half-baked English patch when I was a kid that I abandoned halfway through; and second, on the DS (in French, for some reason) when I was deployed to Afghanistan, so it's got severe sentimental value for me.

Only FFV has more: it was the first game I imported, failed to play through, but ultimately finished entirely in Japanese.

My lack of Bartz hurts me, and I want Gilgamesh so badly.

Shouta

The FF-Zero 6-star units will be pretty solid even after Orlandu. It's when the power creep starts coming in and the average 6-stars in notoriety get powered that they start lagging. Biggest one to watch out for is Seven as she gets Ability Enhancements. A few others have very powerful or useful TMs as well.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
What's everyone's equilibrium point on slots? Two-three weeks ago I was pretty comfortable, but you keep getting higher-tier / limited weapons, dupes for TM'ing ... it starts to fill up pretty quickly.

Here's where I'm at:

85 unit slots -- 80 atm

70 equip slots -- i'm at the point where i've sold basically everything that can be purchased in a shop. i'll upgrade to 85 here in a bit, but will consider selling items with readily-available recipes.

105 material slots -- this is nearly perfect. Sell down to 94-95 or so, sell of anything you have more than 99 of after TM'ing. Making a surprising amount of gil this way.

How many unit / equip / material slots you all have?

Folstern

180 unit slots - Enough to have nearly 100 gigantuars on hand for a quick 5-6* max boost.

100 equipment slots - Almost need to upgrade this further. I am keeping all equipment that can't be bought or crafted. And even some that can because they are annoying to craft.

125 material slots - Mostly upgraded because I'm tired of selling materials during TM farming.

Stider

168/170 units(22 shantotto is my highest amount for a single unit not fused, also have 10 ludmille and 10 arc for max magic user carnage)
108/100 equip
25/50 abilities
96/105 mats

Lyrian

What's everyone's equilibrium point on slots? Two-three weeks ago I was pretty comfortable, but you keep getting higher-tier / limited weapons, dupes for TM'ing ... it starts to fill up pretty quickly.

Here's where I'm at:

85 unit slots -- 80 atm

70 equip slots -- i'm at the point where i've sold basically everything that can be purchased in a shop. i'll upgrade to 85 here in a bit, but will consider selling items with readily-available recipes.

105 material slots -- this is nearly perfect. Sell down to 94-95 or so, sell of anything you have more than 99 of after TM'ing. Making a surprising amount of gil this way.

/reads Panther's slot numbers

/looks at my slot numbers

/chuckles nervously

Unit: 94/110 Was at 95 but had to buy some more space for units since I still had left over Gigantaurs from Mog King after maxing Cecil 6*

Equipment:105/105 Not sure what gives as I keep selling stuff that I can buy or craft later and I still hit the limit somehow

Material: 92/100 Trying to keep at least a small stack of everything useful that might or will be used

mikemandey

Someone posted this:

A very unlucky redditor:
"$800.00 in on this banner. ZERO red/rainbow crystals, still no Zidane or Exdeath. Will still play, will not spend another $.01"

Crazy!

EDarkness

I'm pretty excited actually, FF III is the only not-online one I've never played. Got Refia on Friday and Arc today, plus I use CoD, so it'll be fun to learn more about them!

I picked it up on the DS many years ago, and got pretty close to the end, but got busy and never went back to it. I hope that having it on my iPad will help make it easier for me to play it since I don't have to carry my 3DS around. I hope you enjoy it.

Syntsui

Gacha is gambling. Some people lose their family, their house, their life because of gambling. That will happen with this game when Orlandu is released.

Here's where I'm at:

85 unit slots -- 80 atm

275 unit
235 material
175 equip
100 materia

We got a free 50 slot upgrade for all slots recently so that helped alot.

Gacha is gambling. Some people lose their family, their house, their life because of gambling. That will happen with this game when Orlandu is released.

I'll take all of you with me if I don't get Orlandu, ALLL OF YOU.....
on a guilt trip for y'all getting him and not me :D

bonkeng

I have spent about $400 this event so far for no rainbows, 1 zidane as the best non banner unit. Spent at least twice that during Lightning banner with no Lightning, did get exdeath and WoL for new units though.

Wow. Youra massive whale.

Stider

Wow. Youra massive whale.

I don't mind spending money on some of these games, but it just sucks when you don't get the major payoff of getting the base 5* units. I doubt I will ever spend as much on a single banner as I did for the Lightning banner again as I almost quit the game in disgust after not managing to get her. I mean, sure I have most of the future 6* units(just missing Bartz and Firion I believe) and a lot of good tmr characters, but having no 5* base is just annoying.

Muku

Leveling Ingus, Refia, and Leneth makes me want to bash my head in. x_x

Edit: Should note that is in addition to leveling up CoD since she became 6*.

bonkeng

We need Valentus's receipts.

Yeah. I'm curious how Valentus whale out. Considering he gets what he wants.

I don't mind spending money on some of these games, but it just sucks when you don't get the major payoff of getting the base 5* units. I doubt I will ever spend as much on a single banner as I did for the Lightning banner again as I almost quit the game in disgust after not managing to get her. I mean, sure I have most of the future 6* units(just missing Bartz and Firion I believe) and a lot of good tmr characters, but having no 5* base is just annoying.

This is why I'm afraid of spending too much and ends up getting nothing.

Here's hoping you'll get your first 5* base soon.

Syntsui

I'd understand it's a bit too personal to discuss other people's spending on the game, unless they themselves want to talk about it. So it's better to not talk about this.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
If people want to talk about it they should talk about it. We should talk about how my lapis didn't show up in-game after definitely purchasing it, for instance.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
IIRC, you can contact Gumi support and they will ask your receipt of purchase to solve the problem.

yep, already emailing with them. this one was weird because the game said my purchase was canceled after confirming my account on itunes, but i definitely got charged.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom