• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Iceman829

Luneth is so fun to borrow from everyone. I love his LB (Jump - slice & dice). It makes me consider wanting to burn my lapis stash on him lol

Jeffrey

any folks here with a luneth got any friend slots open?

:p

also wth how do people get a dude lvled up so quickly when there isn't metal cactuar? Whats the quickest way to lvling up? spam experience vortex and burn lapis? Or is miranda beach 'faster'.

also wth how do people get a dude lvled up so quickly when there isn't metal cactuar? Whats the quickest way to lvling up? spam experience vortex and burn lapis? Or is miranda beach 'faster'.

Miranda Beach if you have the time. If you max out I think it's around 55-60k. Bring a loaded Kefka/Lightning friend and should be a breeze.

Jeffrey

Miranda Beach if you have the time. If you max out I think it's around 55-60k. Bring a loaded Kefka/Lightning friend and should be a breeze.

yeah, but who has the time for that. If I was gonna manually grind everything, i'd rather be playing a real game!

kinda wish they'd add some sort of autobattle system for us busy folks. Took about 2 years for their sister game, brave frontier to get one, so who knows.

Got a Refia on my daily yesterday, once she is leveled bye bye Lenna!

Gonna have to try Crystal Tower ELT soon, maybe tonight. Haven't tried it yet.. hopefully will be able to do it with a strong friend unit because my only 6* is Cecil.

Pejo

Man, XP Vortex PRO can't come soon enough. I would even burn some lapis for refreshes if I got a significant boost in UnitXP per NRG. As it stands, you get over double the return of ADV by running Maranda Coast, so I just can't justify it.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck

-- Fastest non-cactaur is probably the experience vortex chamber and letting a AOE friend (thundaga is super quick and has a short animation) carry ONE of your units through for a straight shot of 30K exp.

-- Most efficient is some combination of Miranda Coast and Windy Heights West, assuming you have 5 units and a friend that can milk each. You probably want to do a couple exp vortex runs so this squad can survive miranda coast a few times, and then upgrade to windy heights. and now there's a new explo at the end of the new story content that is even more effecient.

-- Worth noting that it will almost certainly take you a minimum of 20-25 minutes to clear Miranda Coast, and longer for Winy Heights. Since we have a repel accessory, I am now advocating for a LURE accessory for exactly this reason. I don't know who has the time to maximize efficiency by spending 4 hours to do 8-9 miranda coast runs.

-- my current strat: 3 exp vortex runs, 3-5 miranda coast runs per day. TM farm the rest. I have my best equip on my leveling team, so Colosseum is taking a back seat atm.

-- hey look at my mages: 2 Kefkas, 2 Arcs, 1 ExDeath. :eek:

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
(it's also likely the 'how do they level a unit so fast when there are no cactuars' is really whoever you looking at just sandbagging cactuars from the previous event)

Jeffrey

-- Fastest non-cactaur is probably the experience vortex chamber and letting a AOE friend (thundaga is super quick and has a short animation) carry ONE of your units through for a straight shot of 30K exp.

-- Most efficient is some combination of Miranda Coast and Windy Heights West, assuming you have 5 units and a friend that can milk each. You probably want to do a couple exp vortex runs so this squad can survive miranda coast a few times, and then upgrade to windy heights. and now there's a new explo at the end of the new story content that is even more effecient.

-- Worth noting that it will almost certainly take you a minimum of 20-25 minutes to clear Miranda Coast, and longer for Winy Heights. Since we have a repel accessory, I am now advocating for a LURE accessory for exactly this reason. I don't know who has the time to maximize efficiency by spending 4 hours to do 8-9 miranda coast runs.

-- my current strat: 3 exp vortex runs, 3-5 miranda coast runs per day. TM farm the rest. I have my best equip on my leveling team, so Colosseum is taking a back seat atm.

-- hey look at my mages: 2 Kefkas, 2 Arcs, 1 ExDeath. :eek:

you still need to manually swipe for thundara or something fir miranda right?

yeah that's way too much work for me lol.

I play my mobile games as 'casual' mmos almost. Once you are grinding for reals than that's a no-no.

luckily, vortex experience is still viable, and the 100 cactuars from mog king events.

Hope there are more lvling opportunities later too.

you still need to manually swipe for thundara or something fir miranda right?

yeah that's way too much work for me lol.

I play my mobile games as 'casual' mmos almost. Once you are grinding for reals than that's a no-no.

luckily, vortex experience is still viable, and the 100 cactuars from mog king events.

Hope there are more lvling opportunities later too.

With a strong friend you should be able to just auto... you do have to walk around though which makes it a far more manual process unfortunately.

Iceman829

I run Maranda Coast for XP mainly because it's a simple map with only 2 zones and it has places I can swipe and just let the characters run a bit which makes it simple to not pay full attention to the game. The bonus is the Ice megas that drop for Hero Rings. I can run it while doing anything else (horde mode in Gears 4, playing Call of Duty, Sitting at work, watching tv) without having to pay too much attention to it

I just auto battle Maranda. Right now I have Arc, Refia and bring a dps friend (except DKC - his LB will kill him if you don't pay attention). I slapped an angel ring on one of them to keep them alive

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
At some point if swiping for thundaga or w/e is too much work, maybe you don't really need to worry about maximizing efficiency. it's not like you don't have to look back at the screen while walking around anyway.

Jeffrey

With a strong friend you should be able to just auto... you do have to walk around though which makes it a far more manual process unfortunately.

will take longer too because even the strongest friend can only 'auto' attack 1 enemy at a time.

sure would be nice if the game allowed customizations for the 'auto' feature, maybe someday.

tariniel

Are Cecil and Refia worth leveling to 6* immediately? I have a capped WoL and Lenna. I was really hoping I could get by with 5* WoL until his 6* comes out but the ELT Tower really made me wish I had Cecil.

It just sucks cause if I rush a 3* Cecil to 6* cap he won't have capped LB, and the other Cecil I'm doing the LB grind on is only 4* at level 12 or 13 LB. It will be forever to finish leveling it.

Are Cecil and Refia worth leveling to 6* immediately? I have a capped WoL and Lenna. I was really hoping I could get by with 5* WoL until his 6* comes out but the ELT Tower really made me wish I had Cecil.

It just sucks cause if I rush a 3* Cecil to 6* cap he won't have capped LB, and the other Cecil I'm doing the LB grind on is only 4* at level 12 or 13 LB. It will be forever to finish leveling it.

Refia as a healer has access to Full-Life at level 100.

Take a look at her magic and compare it to Lenna: https://exviuswiki.com/Refia

Refia and Cecil have turned the tide around in obtaining the Wizard Rod from Vortex, beating ELT, and advancing to the final ranks in Coliseum.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Feel like your leveling strategy should be based on who you think is most necessary to cap to help you (or your friends) through the next banner. Meaning if you have a top-tier DPS, focus on that. Then your support/tank combos like Ramza/Cecil. Then mages, then healers.

CCIE

Banned
Oh yeah, need to run the trial for the rod. Knew I was forgetting something. Fixing to have 2* Diabolis after I use Valentus' Luneth for a run. Hopefully after that, I will be able to take some of my OP Lightning friends that fall JUST short in ELT

Iceman829

I upgraded Cecil without any regrets during the Halloween event with an LB of 8. I needed the 6* muscle at the time to get by. My team was squeaking by and I didn't want to stress over the event. I do what I need to do to complete each event. I'll take the repercussions later (if I'm still playing).

I've been working on Refia and Arc since the first 2 days of the event (back to back daily pulls). I skipped running the event until everyone worked out the strategy and I saw what I needed to bring. Embolden & Full-Life will be great to have. She also has 1k health more than Lenna which will help surviving attacks. Once I finish my Dual Wield TM I'm starting on dual cast just for her as well.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Oh yeah, need to run the trial for the rod. Knew I was forgetting something. Fixing to have 2* Diabolis after I use Valentus' Luneth for a run. Hopefully after that, I will be able to take some of my OP Lightning friends that fall JUST short in ELT

shit i still gotta do this. not sure i have the fire power. good reminder oh THATs why there's so much urgency to level my CoD

Xion86

Heh....I'd forgotten to grab the Golden Staff from the event after beating Xande. I randomly decided to redo one of the easier ones and went into the main room to notice a locked chest..

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Heh....I'd forgotten to grab the Golden Staff from the event after beating Xande. I randomly decided to redo one of the easier ones and went into the main room to notice a locked chest..

there is a 100% chance thousands of people are going to forget to go back and claim it LOL

Iceman829

That's a good reminder. I haven't picked up any of the clear rewards yet. I'll have to stop by after I finish getting a sun tan

Xion86

Glad I reminded someone! :D

I checked it out and realised I already had one, so that's two I'll end up hoarding. I can't even remember what the other items were, they were nothing special were they?

Azuran

Banned
Is it worth using trust moogles to speed up TM farming or do you save them until you have enough to get a unit to 100% in one shot? I have 4 of them so right now I'm thinking of dumping them all on my Zidane when he reaches 60%

Jeffrey

wonder if its worth opening the wallet for refia?

Lenna has been good for me so far, and WoL 6* gets embolden as well?

hmmm.

Xion86

not great, tbh. https://exviuswiki.com/The_Crystal_Tower

I liked the rewards, personally: reflect mail, mighty hammer, trust moogle? pretty good!

Oh I totally forgot about the Trust Moogle as i used it instantly afterwards :$. I actually went in because CCIE mentioned that he wanted to level her Espers up this event, so I thought I missed something in the event regarding Magicites :p.

By the way, earlier up you mentioned running Exploration with a 5 unit team, is that just to kill the enemies quicker? When I've done it, I just use the character I want to level with a high attack friend like Chiz or Lightning which seems to go fine. You still get the same EXP after don't you?

Oh I totally forgot about the Trust Moogle as i used it instantly afterwards :$.

By the way, earlier up you mentioned running Exploration with a 5 unit team, is that just to kill the enemies quicker? When I've done it, I just use the character I want to level with a high attack friend like Chiz or Lightning which seems to go fine. You still get the same EXP after don't you?

Yeah, this is definitely the way to go. That way your solo unit gets the full 60k exp instead of having it split between your units. I'm averaging at least 4-5 levels each run as I'm leveling up Ingus. It's still mind numbingly boring, but at least it's overall the quicker route to leveling your unit. I've gone from level 35 4* to level 43 5* today just running the Coast. Just make sure you bring along a mage friend for thundara. Rixa's Kefka is awesome for this, but really anyone with a MAG of 350+ should be able to wipe out all the enemies with a single thundara spell.

Side note... do we know the recipe for the ATK + 10% yet?

chrono01

Oh yes!

I would have been straight up pissed if I didn't have Refia already.
Now imagine this, but x8. That's how I feel right now.

8 gold crystals. 0 Refia. Actually, none of the crystals even had a base 4*, all of them were evolved 3* trash (Cyan, Lani, Penelo, Fran, etc.).

8 gold crystals. 0 Refia. Actually, none of the crystals even had a base 4*, all of them were evolved 3* trash (Cyan, Lani, Penelo, Fran, etc.).

Right there with you, unfortunately. I've had 5 so far with this banner: 3 gold crystal Anzelms, a Fran, and a Shadow. I actually have yet to pull anything above a 4* crystal since I started playing this game, gold or otherwise.

It hurts. Real deep.

Dont know if I had as many but definitely had a bunch like that when I did all my pulls last Friday. Not a good feeling :(.

chrono01

Right there with you, unfortunately. I've had 5 so far: 3 gold crystal Anzelms, a Fran, and a Shadow. I actually have yet to pull anything above a 4* crystal since I started playing this game, gold or otherwise.

It hurts. Real deep.

Dont know if I had as many but definitely had a bunch like that when I did all my pulls last Friday. Not a good feeling :(.
Yeah, it's really depressing. :(

When we get the crystal change we won't have to worry about that, but that's likely a nice ways off for Global. Things will get better, I just hope I can stick with the game until they do. All I wanted was Refia or Tilith, and then I would have been content with my team until the crystal change was implemented (I have a decent amount of tanks, support, and DPS right now). Unfortunately, that last piece of the puzzle is being elusive, so it's gotten me in a rather unfortunate predicament. -_-

When we get the crystal change we won't have to worry about that, but that's likely a nice ways off for Global. Things will get better, I just hope I can stick with the game until they do. All I wanted was Refia or Tilith, and then I would have been content with my team until the crystal change was implemented (I have a decent amount of tanks, support, and DPS right now). Unfortunately, that last piece of the puzzle is being elusive, so it's gotten me in a rather unfortunate predicament. -_-

I'm still lacking an upper tier DPS unit, but otherwise I am in the exact same boat. I just wanted Refia from this banner. I have pulled Ingus and Arc, so I guess I can't really complain a ton. But neither of them were units I particularly needed. I'll still do the daily pulls, but my optimism of pulling a Refia is quickly waning.

Yea that really sucks, would be nice if Gumi would change that soon (but why would they). Maybe try just doing daily pulls for the rest of this banner and hopefully you will get something good!!

Jeffrey

I'm hoping for some deviations from japan's gacha rates within a year similar to how brave frontier deviated.

Honestly with how much systems in this game to whale at, whales will always have something to spend money at, even if rainbow doors were 10% chance or something.

Easier to pull 20 lightnings for the TM etc.

At the same time better rates will get 'middle class' working folks like me to take out the wallet.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Is it worth using trust moogles to speed up TM farming or do you save them until you have enough to get a unit to 100% in one shot? I have 4 of them so right now I'm thinking of dumping them all on my Zidane when he reaches 60%

It's a straight-up cost proposition. At 10%, a trust moogle will save you about 1000 battles. Think most people around here just advocate using them for whoever's TM you need the quickest and on the unit you have the least. So if you have 5 Lockes, and 1 Zidane, use it on the zidane. Etc.

Oh I totally forgot about the Trust Moogle as i used it instantly afterwards :$. I actually went in because CCIE mentioned that he wanted to level her Espers up this event, so I thought I missed something in the event regarding Magicites :p.

Yes absolutely, listen to ivan here:

Yeah, this is definitely the way to go. That way your solo unit gets the full 60k exp instead of having it split between your units. I'm averaging at least 4-5 levels each run as I'm leveling up Ingus. It's still mind numbingly boring, but at least it's overall the quicker route to leveling your unit. I've gone from level 35 4* to level 43 5* today just running the Coast. Just make sure you bring along a mage friend for thundara. Rixa's Kefka is awesome for this, but really anyone with a MAG of 350+ should be able to wipe out all the enemies with a single thundara spell.

Side note... do we know the recipe for the ATK + 10% yet?

As an aside, I always just go the 5 unit route because i have so many units to level still. Right now I'm leveling CoD to 100, 2nd Cecil to 100, a Refia, an Arc, and my new ExDeath.

chrono01

I'm still lacking an upper tier DPS unit, but otherwise I am in the exact same boat. I just wanted Refia from this banner. I have pulled Ingus and Arc, so I guess I can't really complain a ton. But neither of them were units I particularly needed. I'll still do the daily pulls, but my optimism of pulling a Refia is quickly waning.
Best of luck to us both!

Yea that really sucks, would be nice if Gumi would change that soon (but why would they). Maybe try just doing daily pulls for the rest of this banner and hopefully you will get something good!!
That's the plan!

I'm not looking at my phone anymore during the summon animation, though. I'll just blindly tap until I hear the character screen animation, and then I'll look. Too tired of getting trolled, I'm not going to do it anymore.

Jayhawk

Trying out the game, but I screwed up linking Facebook account for rerolling purposes. My real FB account is tied to a crap set of units for this game. I will have to link the final set I go with to a dummy FB account I create.

My current set of initial units include Refia, Rydia, Terra, Garnet, Fran, and Zidane. I know Refia is top-tier in healing. I'm not sure if this is a good starter set, or if I should reroll.

chrono01

Trying out the game, but I screwed up linking Facebook account for rerolling purposes. My real FB account is tied to a crap set of units for this game. I will have to link the final set I go with to a dummy FB account I create.

My current set of initial units include Refia, Rydia, Terra, Garnet, Fran, and Zidane. I know Refia is top-tier in healing. I'm not sure if this is a good starter set, or if I should reroll.
Are all great. Terra and Garnet less so (until Terra gets her 6*, and Garnet eventually gets hers) but, as mentioned, Refia is amazing (*quietly sobs to self*), and Zidane is incredible (for his TM). It's up to you whether you want to re-roll for a base 5* character or not (Lightning, Luneth, etc.), but that's not a bad start!

Jayhawk

Are all great. Terra and Garnet less so (until Terra gets her 6*, and Garnet eventually gets hers) but, as mentioned, Refia is amazing (*quietly sobs to self*), and Zidane is incredible (for his TM). It's up to you whether you want to re-roll for a base 5* character or not (Lightning, Luneth, etc.), but that's not a bad start!

I was using rerolling in this game as a distraction from OPTC sugo! Maybe I'll tie this set to a dummy FB account and then do more rerolls until I'm bored.

We all love you so much Chrono!!!!

At the same time better rates will get 'middle class' working folks like me to take out the wallet.

"Middle class" workin gacha folks.

I LOVE IT

So who has completely finished the tower and who hasn't!?

Jeffrey

Finished it but was carried a bit by a whale lightning.

I'm kinda worried about future events, at some point a whale friend won't be enough :/

I need some dps 6*...

chrono01

I was using rerolling in this game as a distraction from OPTC sugo! Maybe I'll tie this set to a dummy FB account and then do more rerolls until I'm bored.
Haha, gotcha. Not a bad idea!

The account you have is lacking in damage dealers, as well as a tank, but getting a strong healer (Refia), a decent future 6* (Terra), and an amazing TM (Zidane) is decent. Garnet has her uses, and I'm hopeful that she gets an incredible 6* evolution eventually. Given her importance, I'm sure a 6* is guaranteed, although we won't know how good it is until it happens.

If I were re-rolling, I'd aim for a base 5* (Lightning or Luneth, specifically) or a Refia, along with one or two great 6* (Exdeath, CoD, WoL, Cecil, etc.). But then, I'm insane when re-rolling, so I'm probably not the best guy to listen to. -_-

We all love you so much Chrono!!!!
I love you guys/gals too!

robotuw

So who has completely finished the tower and who hasn't!?

I finished it yesterday after finally getting around to crafting barstonra. It took me two tries to do ELT, and that's with Lightning, Cecil, and a reasonably-op Lightning friend. I barely squeaked by and finished on the 6th turn. Maybe I wasn't kitted out right but I was surprised how tough it was even with two Lightnings. I really need to hurry up on my TM's so I can stay competitive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom