• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Final Fantasy Brave Exvius |OT2| All your Shadows Belong To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lyrian

I have Lightning, Agrias, ExDeath, Cecil, and Garnet. Sometimes I lose the fight with Xande if the FL unit isn't up to snuff. Fight is much harder than some make it out to be.

I lose Agrias, and ExDeath every damned time to Meteor before round three, whether using Cecil's LB, or Focus, etc... It doesn't matter. Need to be able to whittle him down faster, because if he gets out of round four, you are simply hosed

Does Agrias have the Thor hammer equipped for the extra 15% HP?

My rule of thumb is that on turn 2, 6*s attack, while 5*s defend to survive Meteor.

scarlet

I won't try ELT if I don't have a > 500 attack CoD or Luneth with Diabolos.

I can beat the dragons and Xande twice using Udca's CoD, but it seems he doesn't really active here.

Deathbringer done. Excal and DB on my Lightning. Blade mastery at 85% DW at 70%. Next on the list are bracer, rave suit, and infernal amulet.
547 attack w excal and dbringer, really need to break that 600 mark.

Jeffrey

estona and barfira helps. Make sure to stall after you get debuffed until that runs out.

guard turn 2 against meteor, and make sure to dispel when he buffs. Xande is probably the fairest hard boss so far. easier than ff4 event imo.

Muku

I know I've seen the list of possible stuff for rest of year. Anyone think we'll have something as good as this banner? Or are we going to have to wait for Orlandu
or Emp for some

Posting again for Crystal Tower ELT advice please!

BCL as the best physical attacker with 290ish ATK. No TM's. Would this even be viable?

Ingus
Lenna
Cecil
Exdeath (300ish MAG)
Tellah (380ish MAG)

Should I switch a mage out for BCL?

Also tuffy what's your friend code?

Muku

i'm gonna bet that there's gotta be another 'players choice' gate.

gonna be fun when its 6 5* base units.

I'd be interested in seeing another Player's Choice. That was really fun. Only time I've pulled a CoD. And it's during this time I'm thankful to have pulled CoD. Wanted a Chizuru too.. but well, can't be too greedy. CoD was plenty.

I'm curious to see what the new one would be. I imagine Lightning would be in it.

tuffymon

Posting again for Crystal Tower ELT advice please!

BCL as the best physical attacker with 290ish ATK. No TM's. Would this even be viable?

Ingus
Lenna
Cecil
Exdeath (300ish MAG)
Tellah (380ish MAG)

Should I switch a mage out for BCL?

Also tuffy what's your friend code?

622 464 324

Celegus

Hey Celegus - I don't have you on my FL for my now primary account. Sent you a request if you don't mind

Of course! Feels good to finally have a unit worth sharing that can help people out! I also slapped Dragon Killer on her so she can murderize both Xande and the dragons.

I finished up my first Excalibur tonight as well, though my only other decent physical attackers are Kain and Garland. Definitely going to Garland once his 6* hits, but I'm guessing that's still pretty far off? Still need a Bartz for him too.

Jeffrey

So essentially a normal rare summon banner

yep!

I can totally see them tweak the rates for the holidays though. Gumi SG has already shown they are cool to not just follow JP's playbook, and interviews mentioned that they want to attract non whales to buy lapis as well (which is easier in japan than global due to various reasons).

Syntsui

Gumi should just do a Christmas event with Lightning/Luneth/Zidane and check their bank account 24h later. The game will cash in more than Call of Duty on PC on this day alone,that's for sure.

Of course! Feels good to finally have a unit worth sharing that can help people out! I also slapped Dragon Killer on her so she can murderize both Xande and the dragons.

I finished up my first Excalibur tonight as well, though my only other decent physical attackers are Kain and Garland. Definitely going to Garland once his 6* hits, but I'm guessing that's still pretty far off? Still need a Bartz for him too.

Your CoD helped kill Intangible in two hits...two! That unmitigated rage!

Jayhawk

Not going to repeat what others said about the team and what you should go about doing, but I will say welcome! :) I hope you enjoy the game, it's pretty damn addictive and fun. It's great you got Refia and Zidane though :) but go for those re rolls.

Thanks for the welcome! Didn't get any units better than Refia after at least another dozen rerolls, so I think I'll start with this group.

Pejo

ELT down and afterwards, Luneth to 6*!

I found my problem was playing too defensively on Xande. I have the offensive firepower to burn him down in 3 turns, and all that stupid prep and defending was just wasting time.

Valentus - Your CoD was a monster vs. Xande but I screwed up and tried to turtle it out and CoD got stopped, so I lost that round.

Went back in with a 600+ Lightning and had him down in 3. Lost Kefka and Lenna along the way, but they didn't really matter in the long run.

Very glad to be done with that fight.

Now back to XP grinding, gotta get that Luneth lvl 100 asap. I'm torn if I should go back to TM after that or finally get Diabolos leveled up. I still don't even have his 2* yet <_< .

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Tried something a LITTLE different for ELT / Xande:

[ ] Unit, LVL: ATK / DEF / MAG / SPR

[ ] CoD 6*, LVL 64: 248 / 142 / 101 / 90
[ ] Kefka 5*, LVL 80: 94 / 143 / 379 / 171
[ ] Terra 5*, LVL 80: 120 / 159 / 236 / 137
[ ] Charlotte 5*, LVL 80: 207 / 231 / 158 / 160
[ ] Cecil 6*, LVL 100: 268 / 377 / 122 / 126

... and I brought a Nomidor's 558 lvl 95 CoD.

vtKe46G.png

SO CLOSE.

First round: Opening move, I subbed in Cecil's Sacred Guard instead of Cheer (by attacking with everyone in the dungeon battles and then escaping with Kefka to build up LBs) as well as Kefka's Wings of Ruin to lower elemental resistance. This actually worked.

Second round: Forgot to defend Meteor, my CoD, Kefka, and Terra wiped.

Next two rounds I had Charlotte and Nomidor's CoD barrage or LB while Cecil Curaja'd. I was good until the earthquake.

Thing is, this was so much fun and I'm this fucking close and I'm going to destroy this thing I'm telling you. Gonna keep leveling CoD to see if I can get it* to survive that initial meteor, then I'm not gonna forget to defend it, and then I'm gonna try to figure out how to kill him before that dang earthquake.

XANDE I'M COMING FOR YOU

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
And I juuuust got equally close with Zera's Lightning, but defended on Meteor. Meaning I bet I can squeak it out with a little more power in my own CoD, smarter play, and Valentus's Cloud of Insanity.

Jayhawk

Should I save my summon tickets and lapis for specific things? I spent two more summon tickets after the initial batch of five, but I think I should be saving them.

Muku

Should I save my summon tickets and lapis for specific things? I spent two more summon tickets after the initial batch of five, but I think I should be saving them.

Depends. Did you get what you wanted out of this banner? If you did, def save your tickets.

Jayhawk

Depends. Did you get what you wanted out of this banner? If you did, def save your tickets.

My initial batch included Refia. Not sure if I should even be expecting to land Luneth, and don't know if the others from the banner are any good.

Muku

My initial batch included Refia. Not sure if I should even be expecting to land Luneth, and don't know if the others from the banner are any good.

All of the ones from banner rank pretty high. Getting Ingus this banner for me was important. First character I have that can now Full Break. Well...once I get him that high. I got really lucky and got Luneth on 9th ticket pull. Stopped after that. I do my dailies as I'm still missing Arc. I'd like to have him as another mage for my arsenal.

Depends on what you have and how much you're willing to put in to MAYBE get Luneth. Didn't get lucky on my alt account, but that's okay. I'm doing daily pulls. Maybe I'll get lucky. But I doubt it.

Muku

Feeling good. S Rank of ADV this evening. I hit a stumbling block early on in ADV at some point due to freaking 2 Wyverns at a time. Once I got Cecil, it def helped with that. Cecil is a boss.

Took the Sand Worm earlier tonight. Was a bit worried. Man, we thrashed that thing like the bitch it was. CoD just put on Omni-Veil and we rolled it.

chrono01

Daily: Golden Crystal - ANOTHER GALUF!

I can't take this. I'm uninstalling. I just can't. Nine Gold Crystals, all 3* trash. Just give me a damn Refia, game. I've pulled 37 times on this banner, just give me something of worth. Just one thing, that's all I ask.

Muku

Great. Go to do my daily summon and it crashes. When the hell doesn't this thing crash anymore...

Not even sure the crystal I got. *hunts in Unit list...*

OH FOR CECILS SAKE WTF. Luna?! Fffffff give me Arc already!

WTB chrono Refia. :(

Alt... gets Rydia. WTF is with this games obsession with me and Rydia now. It didn't give me her forever. Now it wants to flood me with this shit.

scarlet

Daily: Golden Crystal - ANOTHER GALUF!

I can't take this. I'm uninstalling. I just can't. Nine Gold Crystals, all 3* trash. Just give me a damn Refia, game. I've pulled 37 times on this banner, just give me something of worth. Just one thing, that's all I ask.

*Hugs*

Just take a break. You still have more than a week.

My first 9 pull in this banner was 3 galuf, 2 Russel, Anzelm and bedile. It takes me 10 pulls to get Ingus. I can feel your frustration. Just take a break

chrono01

WTB chrono Refia. :(
WTB Refia too, selling whatever it takes.

Congrats on your Exdeath, BTW. An extra one of him never hurts, assuming he's not your first. Ifit is, an even bigger congratulations is in-store.

*Hugs*

Just take a break. You still have more than a week.

My first 9 pull in this banner was 3 valid, 2 Russel, Anzelm and bedile. It takes me 10 pulls to get Ingus. I can feel your frustration. Just take a break
The banner only lasts a while longer, and I know this is my best chance to get Refia (apparently, but given my luck, I'm beginning to wonder if the data in my account is error'd and she's not even possible to be pulled). I have a bit over 2k Lapis yet, so once I run out, that's it. Given how much I've pulled this banner, and gotten not a single useful unit out of it aside from Ignus (I wish I were joking, but I'm literally talking nothing but Shadow, Galuf, Penelo, Fran, Cyan, Bedile, etc.), there's no way in hell I'm spending a single cent to replenish my Lapis for more pulls. Then I won't have enough to pull for Tilith, who's likely coming up very soon, who I desperately need should I miss out on Refia.

...You know what? I'm done. I'm officially quitting this banner, and I'll try again when it's Tilith's turn. I'm clearly not meant to have Refia, so I'm going to give up trying and focus on the Brave Frontier banner. Maybe I'll have more luck there.

Edit:

I just wanting to apologize for complaining on a daily basis. It's just frustrating for me, and I need to vent. I'll try to be a little more positive here, so as not to bring everyone else down.

mikemandey

At this stage, I probably have pulled every 3* base units from my old and new acc.. But there is one unit I've never seen, like ever... Zidane!!

Crazy...

Malakhov

Banned
chrono, I feel so bad for you, thats even worst than my 10+1 pull. Hope it gets better for you, really do :(

I dont understand, usually the servers would reset for dailies at 4am here, now it's 3am?

edit: oops, my bad, it's the time change from this weekend :)

KeRaSh

WTB Refia too, selling whatever it takes.

Congrats on your Exdeath, BTW. An extra one of him never hurts, assuming he's not your first. Ifit is, an even bigger congratulations is in-store.

The banner only lasts a while longer, and I know this is my best chance to get Refia (apparently, but given my luck, I'm beginning to wonder if the data in my account is error'd and she's not even possible to be pulled). I have a bit over 2k Lapis yet, so once I run out, that's it. Given how much I've pulled this banner, and gotten not a single useful unit out of it aside from Ignus (I wish I were joking, but I'm literally talking nothing but Shadow, Galuf, Penelo, Fran, Cyan, Bedile, etc.), there's no way in hell I'm spending a single cent to replenish my Lapis for more pulls. Then I won't have enough to pull for Tilith, who's likely coming up very soon, who I desperately need should I miss out on Refia.

...You know what? I'm done. I'm officially quitting this banner, and I'll try again when it's Tilith's turn. I'm clearly not meant to have Refia, so I'm going to give up trying and focus on the Brave Frontier banner. Maybe I'll have more luck there.

Edit:

I just wanting to apologize for complaining on a daily basis. It's just frustrating for me, and I need to vent. I'll try to be a little more positive here, so as not to bring everyone else down.

Incoming Refia pull from a daily one day after the banner ends.

My daily was Luna. Not exactly thrilled but I swapped her in as my fourth Luna for Ludmille just to get it over with faster. I think I might settle for one Barrage since I don't really have a good physical damage dealer to begin with and if I did pull one it would either already come with it or the unit might have abilities that outclass it anyways.

Now with Arc in my team and ExDeatch getting his 6* soonish I'd rather focus on finishing the basics before branching out any further. With this month's Moogle I should have Zidane atround 80%. After DW and Barrage I will probably put Ludmille back in and fill up the other spots with 4 of my 5 Arcs. I will definitely want more than 1 rods from him. Maybe even three but I don't think a 3 mage team will be worthwhile in the future meta and I'd rather put DW on a physical unit than a mage.

Edit:

I totally understand. I got a gold Anzelm today, which officially makes it the 26th time I've pulled that bastard. I'm sorry you've had such rotten luck, especially in the face of so many in this thread seemingly getting so many Refias they don't even know what to do with her.

I'm going to keep doing daily pulls and using the tickets in hopes of pulling Refia myself, but I also believe my chances of pulling her are nill.

Malakhov

Banned
Edit:

You have all the rights to complain, it's very frustrating and I understand you. We're all here to be happy when we get a good pull or get mad if we fail at getting someone we really want.

Go on and keep complaining!

chrono01

chrono, I feel so bad for you, thats even worst than my 10+1 pull. Hope it gets better for you, really do :(

I dont understand, usually the servers would reset for dailies at 4am here, now it's 3am?

edit: oops, my bad, it's the time change from this weekend :)
Thanks man. I'll try to hang in there. I just need to remember that it's a game, and to take things a day at a time. No point getting upset, as it really doesn't help things (and tends to put others in a more negative mood). I'm generally pretty positive, so this isn't really like me. The game has broken me!
Incoming Refia pull from a daily one day after the banner ends.
Heh, probably. Or I'll pull her during Tilith's banner.

Honestly, all I want are either Tilith or Refia, to replace Lenna as my healer so I'll be future-proof against more difficult content. If I could get either of them, I'd be happy.

I am going to stop on this banner, though. I'm not one to give up, but the game really doesn't seem to want to give Refia to me, and (to be honest) I've always kind of wanted Tilith more. With her being a limited-unit, I'll literally have to pull her during her banner or I'll be out-of-luck (although, she will come back once more when Vargas gets his 6*). Refia, I'll always have a chance to get at least. Slim, for sure, but she'll be there.

Anyway, I won't let it bother me anymore. I just hope BF's banner goes better for me.

I totally understand. I got a gold Anzelm today, which officially makes it the 26th time I've pulled that bastard. I'm sorry you've had such rotten luck, especially in the face of so many in this thread seemingly getting so many Refias they don't even know what to do with her.

I'm going to keep doing daily pulls and using the tickets in hopes of pulling Refia myself, but I also believe my chances of pulling her are nill.
So, you're after your first Refia too, huh? Yeah, it's definitely frustrating, seeing people who with multiple of her, when I've pulled more than enough that should have given me at least one (and with so many gold crystals too, giving me trash in-return). It's how it goes, I guess.

I wish you luck in your continue venture for Refia! As for me, I'm going to try to replenish my Lapis, so I can try for Tilith when she arrives.

You have all the rights to complain, it's very frustrating and I understand you. We're all here to be happy when we get a good pull or get mad if we fail at getting someone we really want.

Go on and keep complaining!
Even still, it's not something I normally do (or try not to, anyway), so it goes to show how much of a mental break this banner has been for me (I was so prepared too, saving my tickets for so long, not to mention my Lapis).

I appreciate the support from everyone here, though. Really cool community, that's for sure. It means a lot. :)

Edit:

Wow, just as I post that, news!

MISSIONS COMING 11/10!! I can get some Lapis for Tilith's banner, at least.

Speaking of Tilith's banner, that one is coming on 11/11 (my birthday too, as it turns out). I really hope I have better luck there...

Also, the Arena/PVP starts on 11/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom